TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The One Possessed by antilogicgirl

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here's chapter 2! Getting a bit more into the family here, and I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting Granny Hyuuga involved. She's Hiashi and Hizashi's mother, and her name (that I've given her) is Hyuuga Hisana. She's not of Hyuuga descent...but she's got a great attitude, and she gets to smack Neji upside the head. I would pay good money to be able to do that and not get my arm broken in 36 places. Fun stuff: Neji getting smacked, creepy behavior by Sasuke, and Hinata growing a spine...sort of.

Warnings:

FL--Foul Language (mild)

Sup--Supernatural stuff.

If you see

"text" = demon speech

text = normal narration

text = thoughts

Legal Stuffiness: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. Kishimoto Masashi, sole proprietor. Hyuuga Hisana is not cannon Naruto, and is, therefore, my property. Permission given for use upon request.
Chapter 1: Seen and Unseen

A slow, suffocating feeling of dizziness took her as she opened her eyes. The air smelled of death and decay. Light streamed in through the open door, and Hinata saw her candles burned to the very floor. She laid there on the floor, wrapped snugly in the velvet cloth she had used, the small candles stacked neatly nearby. Had she merely fallen asleep? Was that all? That thought was banished when she sat up, and the velvet moved over her skin. It felt so very smooth, much more so than ever before.

Wondering at her heightened sense of touch, Hinata dragged her nails over her left forearm. She could feel each skin cell that was abraded, hear them scraping. “What did he do to me?” For that matter, where was the thing that had done this to her? Hinata rose, feeling the cloth fall away from her body, and realized quite suddenly that she was not wearing any of the clothing she had come here in. Both her clothes and shoes were laying across the top of her mother’s tomb. “What…? I know I didn’t…”

“Good morning, little one.” The now familiar, low, terrifyingly calm voice of her tormentor was right behind her, and Hinata squeaked as she jumped and grabbed the deep purple cloth from the floor to cover herself with. “Amusing…” he said as he leaned on the grave of her grandfather. “Hinata, it is time to leave. Can you hear them calling?” For a long moment, she listened. Hinata nodded because she could indeed hear the voice of her cousin, Neji, calling for her. He sounded rather annoyed.

“Damn…” She swore quietly, annoyed with herself, yet somehow resigned. Her clothes were on the stone behind her, and she reached for them without really taking her eyes from him. He was even paler in the light of day. Somehow, she had thought that this was a dream, but as she watched him watching her from where he leaned so very casually against the marble façade of the wall, she saw that this was indeed not a dream. Dreams don’t watch you dress in a way that shows their fascination with your every move. And dreams most certainly can’t halt your movements with a word.

“Stop,” Sasuke said, and reached out to her bare arm. He took hold of Hinata’s arm just at the wrist, and she felt her skin tingle. Then, it began to burn.

“Ahhh…please…Sasuke, stop this. It…it burns!” She tried to twist away, but his grip was too strong. “Sasuke! It hurts!” Finally, when she was certain that she could no longer stand the pain before she would begin screaming, he released her. In the place of his hand was a mark. It was in the form of a dark blue band encircling her wrist, until it came round to meet itself on the underside of her arm, at which point it stopped just on either side of a white circle around three characters representing the word shoyuhin…possession.

Hinata stared at the mark on her wrist. It looked like a tattoo, but she was certain that it must have some other function than just as a mark. This thought was confirmed when Sasuke’s snowy white hands gently took up her arm again, and he ran his index finger over the kanji. A feeling akin to abject, hopeless fear came over her, and she felt pain course through her from the point of contact. Sasuke’s eyes fluttered shut, a look of bliss coming over his face. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Hinata was in awe of the beauty on those delicate features. But that wonder was only momentary. “Your fear is exquisite, Hinata. Let me feel it…” Fingers pressed harder to her skin, and her chest constricted at the wave of dread that it produced. Still, she was unable to look away from him.

Though her body seemed frozen, the girl seemed to find her voice at last. “Please…let me go…I’ll do anything…”

Black eyes opened, and he drew nearer. “Anything? You will do anything for me?” There was something seductively evil in those words, but Hinata’s fear was so thick, her panic so great, that all she cared about was having the creature loose her arm.

“Yes! I promise…I’ll do anything you want of me! Just let me go…” Her eyes welled up with tears, and she watched as he reached out a slender finger to wipe the newly fallen drops from her face, only to insert his finger into his mouth, tasting the salty evidence of her despair.

Her hand suddenly fell to her side, and he stood back. “Your offer is accepted. You will be my servant, Hinata, and attend to my every wish. In return, I will aid you in seeking what you wish to find. Once I have done this, and you know what you will, you shall cease all activity that does not involve my orders.” Sasuke’s face settled into a satisfied smirk before his hand came up to run fingers through her hair in the way one does with a cherished dog. Hinata flinched away, not caring to have the demon touch her.

“Don’t touch me,” she hissed, backing away, but found nowhere to go, since her back was against the cold stone of the tomb. His eyes flashed white in anger, and she swallowed her whimper in exchange for a defiant glare, or as close as her mild manners could come to it. Weakness wasn’t something she wanted to show just then. It would mean suffering greater than she already knew.

Sasuke’s face pulled into a grin that was more frightening than his scowl of anger. “It will be rather amusing to break you, little one. Dress yourself. He is near.” Sasuke’s smirking face, along with the rest of him, vanished into a cloud of steam, not unlike what her breath was making before her face. Hinata was left in the chilly tomb, clutching the purple and silver cloth to her chest, but only for a moment before Sasuke’s voice echoed through the vault, disembodied but no less demanding and cold. “Move, Hinata. I do not want him seeing you like this.” Hinata’s body moved of its own accord, jerkily performing the task she was ordered to do, and she cursed under her breath as a throaty laugh rang lowly through the marble room.

Had she not momentarily agreed with the demon, she would have resisted. However, she was not exactly amenable to Neji seeing her naked. Muttering to herself, she finally got her clothes and shoes on again before roughly shoving the rest of her things into her bag and meeting Neji at the door. “Hinata,” the older boy said as he approached, “What are you doing here?” He looked at the door, which was now wedged shut, and frowned. “Your father is worried sick about you.”

Hinata pursed her lips, wondering at the amount of truth that statement held, or the lack thereof. She did not voice this opinion, but only waited somewhat patiently as her cousin turned the massive key, much easier than she had. When she tried to step out, he blocked her path. “What are you doing, Neji?”

Pale eyes far too like hers narrowed in suspicion. “Something isn’t right. I can feel it.” He leaned down closer to her, his gaze penetrating much too deeply. “What did you do Hinata?” Their noses nearly touched, he was so close. Hinata stayed stock still, trying her best not to flinch away from him. It would show weakness to do so, and she knew that she was being watched by eyes other than her cousin’s. “Hinata,” Neji’s tone had lowered dangerously, “answer me. What have you done?”

The wind rose suddenly, blasting so hard at Neji that he was flung to one side, away from Hinata, and his back collided with the iron door. She could not be sure, but Hinata thought she heard a growl behind that gale. Sasuke. He was trying to hurt Neji…“No…” She whispered, “Don’t, Sasuke.” The mark on her wrist stung slightly, alerting her to his continued displeasure, even as the wind faded to a gentle breeze. What’s his problem? Hinata grumped in her head, wondering what was wrong with her cousin asking what she’d done. She would like to know that herself, thank you.

“Hinata…” Neji’s voice held a warning tone as he pushed himself away from the lightly corroded iron of the door. “What was that?”

Blinking repeatedly, Hinata scrunched her forehead and said with quiet innocence, “The wind?” It wasn’t entirely a lie. The wind had picked up, though the cause was questionable. Neji’s doubts did not lessen, but he motioned for her to follow.

His back was stiff the entire walk back to the large house that they shared with her father, sister, and her father’s parents. The air felt so cold on her hypersensitive skin, and the breeze seemed to howl rather than simply ghosting past as it normally did. What good were these newly heightened senses if she would not harness them and use them as she needed? The smells, the taste of the air, the feeling of her clothing brushing over her skin…all of these were magnified.

Sasuke had done something to her. Had he given her part of himself? Was that what he meant? What was she expected to do for him in return? She had a life she was supposed to live! Hinata was going to be head of the family…but now, would she? Could she? Somehow, she doubted it.

Neji entered the front doors of the house and kicked off his shoes. He was tense, like a snake coiled to strike. As he turned, the strike came. His hand reached out as soon as her shoes were off, and clamped down on her forearm. Hinata soon found herself being dragged through the house, halls and corridors flying by as she was pulled ever faster. By the time they almost slid to a halt in front of the library door, Neji was half-running. “Neji what—“

His eyes were very steely gray when he turned to her and said quietly, “No protesting. We’re going to have a little chat with Grandmother now.”

Hinata’s eyes widened to a nearly painful degree. An audience with the matriarch of the family was like the Spanish Inquisition. The last time she was in Hyuuga Hisana’s presence for longer than ten minutes, Hinata had run away, nearly hyperventilating. Neji’s hand rose to knock on the door, but before he did, a dry, cracking voice came in clipped tones from within, “It’s open young man. Get in here before I drag you two in myself.” The hand that he laid on the knob was slightly shaking, and he looked at Hinata as if to say that this was all her fault, and she should have known better than to do whatever it was she did.

The library was a large room with very tall ceilings, all in dark woods and lavish green carpets. In the center of the room, there was a long wooden table. On one end there was a leather chair, in which sat the slight form of Hyuuga Hisana. Not being a Hyuuga by blood, her eyes were a pale green, but no less piercing for it. Her dark hair was streaked with white at her temples, and braided. The sixty-eight-year-old woman stood from her chair, revealing her clothing: a simple dress of light blue cotton. She sighed. “Neji, I take it you found her where I told you?”

Swallowing slightly under the woman’s penetrating gaze, Neji nodded. “Yes, ma’am.”

Hisana frowned. Pointing to a spot on the floor in front of her, she said, “Come here, girl.” Hinata moved forward, her shoulder brushing Neji’s as she did. For a bare instant, the mark on her wrist burned. Unaware that she was doing so, Hinata’s right hand rubbed at the spot, trying to ease the residual pain. This movement did not go unnoticed. Hisana’s glass-green eyes narrowed and settled on the very noticeable markings. When Hinata realized what she had done, she reddened and hid her hands behind her back, linking index fingers as she did so.

Her grandmother took a step nearer, and Hinata felt dizzy. Power radiated off of this woman, and she was certain that if Neji was sent to get her because she knew where Hinata was, then it was almost as sure that she knew what had occurred in the mausoleum. Either that, or she soon would. A pale, slender hand rose before her eyes, and settled on her forehead. It was warm. Much warmer than any human hand had rights to be. In fact, it almost…burned. Flinching away, Hinata held up her hands defensively. She wasn’t sure why, but right at this moment, she felt very threatened.

Blinking slowly, the older woman looked around, green eyes narrowed, and she caught her granddaughter’s arm, examining the mark before snorting derisively and dropping the appendage. “Come out,” she said in a loud, clear voice. “I know you’re here.”

Sasuke’s laugh echoed through the room, and Neji’s eyes widened as he fell into a defensive posture. He did not make himself seen, but he said, “Keep your hands off of my property, hag.” Hisana’s eyebrows rose, her gaze settling on Hinata again. The girl looked away, unable to meet those unsettling green eyes. Silence reigned.

To her surprise, Neji was the first one to speak. “Hinata is no one’s property.”

That same rolling, chilling laugh bounced from wall to wall, sending an icy knife into Hinata’s guts. She clamped hands over her middle to try and quell the watery feeling in her stomach. Sasuke spoke again, “But that’s where you’re wrong, little boy. She is as much mine as your clothes belong to you. And I will do with her as I see fit.” For a long moment, there was silence again, until steam and cold erupted around Hinata, and she found herself enfolded in those long, slender, terrifyingly strong arms. Neji hissed in alarm, and Hinata simply stiffened as Sasuke ran a finger over her cheek, almost tenderly. Hisana glared daggers at the demon holding her granddaughter. Sasuke laughed next to her ear. “Time to go.”

“What—“ Before Hinata could protest any further, and before Neji’s hand could land on her arm to wrest her from Sasuke’s grip, Hinata found herself surrounded by wind and steam, swirling like a miniature tornado, and the room faded away into a blur of white and silver. When the world returned, she was in her bedroom. How did he know everything about her? He had known her name when first they met. How? Her musing was interrupted when he shoved her roughly toward her closet.

“Find something warm. We’re leaving.”

She turned for a moment, unable to speak, but simply looking at him. He was staring at her, unblinking, and waiting. When she did not move fast enough, Sasuke’s mouth turned down into a slight frown, and he took her arm, leading her to the door where she kept all of her clothing. Her hands trembled as she opened the closet, and flipped on the lights. Just like before when he touched her, she wanted to shake off his grip, but knew it would not happen. “W-Where are we g-going?”

He smiled, but it did not reach his eyes. “Where we are going, you do not need to know. All you need to know is that you are coming with me, and that it is cold there.”

Sighing, she decided that she wasn’t going to argue, since she didn’t have the strength. “Fine.” After pulling out a set of thermal underwear, a thick woolen sweater, two pairs of socks, a pair of warm pants, and her gray overcoat and boots, Hinata set the coat aside and tried to go to the bathroom to change. This did not happen, however, as Sasuke’s grip tightened. “Can I at least have some privacy, Sasuke?”

The bland look she got from him told her that compromise was not in the agenda. He confirmed this when he said, “We don’t have time for your silly human modesty. Hurry up. Your relatives are strangely adept at finding you.” Hinata’s eyes widened. The knob to her bedroom door began to turn, but Sasuke made a small motion with his hand, and the lock turned, effectively barricading them in for the moment. “Are you deaf, woman? Move!” If Hinata hadn’t known any better, she would have thought that there was a note of urgency in his voice, along with something that was decisively like fear.

Was there something about Neji or her grandmother that scared him? If so, she could understand. The old woman was rather scary at times.

--

Swallowing hard, Neji leaned against the door. His grandmother looked at him with her piercing eyes, and she frowned. There was no way in. His hands shook, itching to do something. “What are we going to do?” He pushed off of the door with his shoulders and began a short, quick circular pace. “I can’t just stand by and let it take her!” Panic began to rise in his chest, and he could feel himself losing control. That’s when he felt his face sting suddenly.

Hisana stood back from slapping her grandson, and Neji only stared at her. “Get a grip, boy!”

Blinking rapidly, he rubbed his cheek. “Yes, ma’am.” He wondered why she still called him a boy. He was twenty-one years old! But, that could wait for now. They needed to get into that room, and they needed in right now. Finally, he had enough. “Hiashi can take my allowance. I’m breaking it down.” Neji eyed the door dubiously. It was solid oak, he knew, but he also knew that the doorframe was not. Smirking slightly, he kicked the wood of the door with the flat of his right foot, using all of his strength, just to the side of the knob. The door rattled in its frame, but did not give.

Clicking her tongue, Hisana said, “Move aside, idiot.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Neji murmured, and stepped to the right. Hisana put her hand to the knob plate, and closed her eyes. For a long moment, she didn’t even seem to breathe. Then, she stood straight again, and motioned for him to try again. When he kicked the door, it burst open, wood splintering as the jamb gave way, and showering small pieces through the room. Not even waiting for the stuff to settle, Neji strode into the room, heading straight for his cousin, who cowered at the foot of her bed. “Hinata, get away from him.”

Her pale eyes fell onto him, and she looked more frightened than he had ever seen her before. As the one set to protect her at all costs, he could not forgive that. She was not supposed to fear anything. Ever. And yet, she did not move. The demon, on the other hand, stepped between her and Neji, folding his arms over his chest and smirking, revealing a wicked set of fangs. “You think you can take her from me, boy?”

Neji shrugged. “I don’t know. But I have sworn an oath to protect—“

“To protect her?” There was a strange tone in the pale demon’s voice. “How can you protect her? You can’t even stand on your own two feet against the wind.” Uncrossing his arms, he lazily flicked his wrist in Neji’s direction, and the air in the room moved suddenly in a gust that threw the young Hyuuga back until he hit the wall, dazed. His head ached, and he wasn’t at all sure that he didn’t have a concussion. As he slid down the wall and fell to his knees, he heard Hinata’s usually quiet voice.

“No! You mustn’t hurt him!” Neji blinked dully, looking up in time to see Hinata clutching at the demon’s thin gray shirt, eyes pleading and her entire body trying not to shake. The demon laughed. Eyes that had been black now turned white, and Hinata cried out, throwing her arms around the creature as it advanced on Neji, the temperature in the room dropping so low that the befuddled young man thought his blood may freeze. With surprising gentleness, Hinata was disengaged from the demon and pushed aside.

Its laugh echoed through the chamber again, and it said, “You think for one second that you can stop me? That is a mistake,” his eyes became black again when he pulled Neji to his feet, holding him up by gripping his neck, “which you will not repeat again. It is only her request that has saved your life, boy. Next time, I will not stay my hand.” Neji crumpled to the floor again when he was released. The demon walked back to where Hinata stood, shaking. She was trying so hard not to cry, Neji saw it. Something in his chest constricted at seeing his cousin so close to tears, and knowing that it was because of him.

He gripped the chair rail on the wall, struggling to his feet again as the demon gathered Hinata into his arms. “Hinata…” Neji breathed, finally able to speak. “I…I’ll find you…”

The demon smiled behind her, and Hinata shook her head before speaking. “Don’t—“ was all she said before she and her captor vanished in a cloud of steam and snow. Neji staggered over to the spot where she had stood, staring at the carpet, where her footprints were still impressed into the soft white pile. He felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest.

He was unsure why he felt this. Was it because he had been thwarted? The possibility of this being the case was high. He hated losing, and always had, but he wasn’t at all certain that it was only that. Suddenly, as if he had only just realized that she was gone, his legs gave out beneath him, and he fell. The only thing that kept him from hitting the floor was a pair of small but somehow strong hands gripping his shoulders. “Why?” he whispered, barely a breath away from choking with unshed tears, “Why her? Why not me?” What was he saying? When had he begun to care so much? It was his duty, surely, but how had he suddenly started thinking of her before himself? Nothing made sense anymore. Things that shouldn’t be real were appearing and taking away those close to him, laughing in his face at his powerlessness.

Hisana’s voice came in his ear, low and attempting comfort as she sat him on the edge of the bed. “Calm down, boy. We can’t get her back if we act like children and cry. You want to get her back, don’t you?” He closed his eyes, nodding. Fate was laughing. She was being so very cruel right now, he felt like his reason for living was gone. Damn it…why do I feel like this? “Well, then,” her voice became businesslike, “let’s get back to the library and find something that will help us.” Neji stared at her, disbelieving. Hinata had been kidnapped—by a freaking demon of all things!—and this woman wanted to read? What the hell was wrong with her? When he did not stand up to follow her, she did something that no one had ever dared to do. Hyuuga Hisana took hold of his ear and pulled him to his feet and out of the door. “You really need to learn to do what you’re told, Neji. Especially if you want your little cousin back.”

Now shocked back to his senses, he yanked his now reddened ear away from his grandmother. In a near-growl, he said, “Fine.” Her hand flew, slapping the back of his head.

“Is that how you talk to your grandmother? Show some respect!”

He gave her a withering look, but adjusted his tone accordingly when he said, “Yes, ma’am.” Hisana’s smile was far too happy just after smacking him. Under his breath, he said after she had gone partway down the hall, “Sadist…”

That, apparently, did not stop her from hearing him. She turned, and smiled wickedly, causing her to look much younger than she was. “I’m not. I just don’t like your tone. Now, let’s go.”

--

“Um…Sasuke?”

The demon turned to his servant, raising one eyebrow. She was standing next to one of the large ice columns, her breath misting before her face. “What?”

Her voice was always so unsure unless she was under some stress. He didn’t like that. His servants were supposed to be strong. That strength was there…he could sense it. How would he bring it out? She had been so forceful when he had flung that boy aside. The little twit…the nerve of him! Was hurting someone dear to this woman the only way to make her anything other than meek? She spoke again, breaking his reverie.

“Why are we here?” Her eyes moved around the room, taking in the high ceilings, the wide expanse of the floor, and the furnishings, all of which were carved of translucent ice. “Where is here, anyway?”

Considering his answer, he tilted his head to one side. He could not have found a more difficult woman if he’d tried. She was so full of questions, but it wasn’t her inquisitiveness that irked him. It was the way she fiddled with her fingers. This habit was something he found to be annoying beyond measure. Sighing lightly, he flopped onto a comfortable chair. “It’s home. And we’re here so that I can think. I like the peace. Now, sit down, be quiet, and stop fidgeting!” Hinata shoved her hands hastily into her pockets and glared at him. She was getting better at that.
Closing his eyes, Sasuke breathed deeply of the air. The familiar scent of ice assaulted his nose, but there was now a different smell…like violets. That was what Hinata smelled like. It wasn’t a heavy perfume, but more like her natural scent, and it was so subtle that it could almost be overlooked. It was for this reason that he found it to be distracting. The things I do to have a decent minion…I’m too kind. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the woman shifting in her seat. “What’s wrong?” One eye opened, fixing his dark gaze on her.

“I…I’m tired.”

He felt like rolling his eyes. “If you’re tired, then sleep.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“It’s too cold.” Now, he did roll his eyes. Sighing heavily, he levered himself up from the ice-carved chair and moved to the back of the room, where there was a trunk carved of the same stuff. From within, he pulled an enormous fur blanket before taking it over to where she sat in a chair much like his. He thrust it at her wordlessly, and she took it. “Thank…you.” She blinked up at him as her fingers closed on the pelt, confused by his sudden gesture.

“You won’t be very useful if you die of exhaustion. Sleep now, and when you wake, we’ll get you something to eat.” Hinata smiled faintly before she wrapped herself in the soft animal skin and rolled up one end to use as a pillow, curling up in the chair to sleep.

“Aren’t—“ she yawned suddenly from under the blanket, “—you hungry?”

Sasuke snorted. “I do not eat human food. But worry not…I will have my fill.” There was a vague noise of assent from her before drifted off. He could hear her breathing slowly even out, and he smiled. “Yes…I will have all that I can take, and more.” Using one fang to scratch his lower lip, Sasuke immediately began to feel restless. His feet itched, and he stood, starting to pace. Every so often, he would glance over at the dusty gray fur, which rose and fell with each breath his servant took. His steps quickened, and he looked at Hinata’s sleeping form more often. How much sleep did a human need? He could remember a very long time ago, when he was told that the human body must rest for several hours each day.

How useless…demons need no sleep. Humans are so very weak, aren’t they? But then again, they were only creatures of flesh. They were all destined to die eventually, unless that inertia was acted on. Since this was his first time having a human minion, he found himself unsure as to how he should proceed. Of course, he knew the basics. Humans needed food, water, shelter, and the appropriate environment. Now that he thought about it, his home was probably not suitable for human living. His pacing brought him to stand behind the chair his servant slept in, and he found his fingers brushing over her blue-black hair. So fragile…like ice crystals…

Hinata stirred under his hand, and he pulled back, but she did not wake. The blanket shifted, exposing her face and neck. His eyes fixed on her throat, pale skin pulsing slightly with each beat of her heart. Sasuke felt a rush of power at the realization that it would take so little to stop the flow of her blood, the beating of her heart. He could kill her, right now. He could pull her from the blankets, yank the blue wool of her sweater aside, and sink his teeth into the flawless skin of her throat to taste her blood. Sasuke knew that he could drink her dry, and she would not be able to fight him. She was powerless against him.

And he was tempted. Her tears were intoxicating, and had a sweet aftertaste…what would her blood be like? He was no vampire, and by no means did he subsist on human blood, but it was a kind of rare treat, like…chocolate? Is that what they called it? Yes, he could do with something sweet right now. And he wanted it…so much. The rush of her blood called to him, whispering of honey and violets…and before he could stop himself, Sasuke found himself with a handful of silky hair, roughly pulling Hinata up from the comfort of her slumber.

Her eyes flew open, and he saw fear in them, but she didn’t say a word. His free hand was at the neck of her coat, pulling it aside, moving on to her sweater…and still she said nothing. Breathing in deeply of that sweet, distracting violet smell, he felt his eyes flutter shut. Sasuke leaned forward, cold lips finding the warm skin enveloping her pulse, and Hinata’s lips parted, a strangled whimper exhaled like a mere breath. He smirked against her skin when her hands rose to twine themselves in his hair. Faintly, Sasuke could hear the young woman murmur something over and over again. It was less than a whisper as breathed, “No…please…”

Sasuke smiled slightly, lips parting, tongue darting out to taste alabaster skin that was as warm as he was cold. The simple act of feeling her body heat, tasting the salt on her skin, breathing in her scent…he was drawn in, hypnotized. “Hinata…” he growled, not really knowing what he was going to say. When he opened his eyes and drew slightly away from her neck, he saw that Hinata was weeping. The tears froze on her face, only to melt again, travel further, and freeze again. She was not afraid…what he could feel from her was a deep sadness. “Such…sorrow…” Sasuke’s fingers wiped at her tears. “Why? Who are you crying for?”

“I…”

--

A/N: So...is it still good? I mean, I'm doing this for Halloween...but I wanna know that it's good!