TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Dance by Yumi

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I'm not making money off this, and I don't own Naruto. . . If I did, Iruka would have a greater part in the series for some unknown reason. . . I luv him!! ^__^

Kakashi: *hugs Iruka close* He's mine. Back off. *death glare*

Yumi: -____-;;; yeah. . .
The Dance


One: Notification






“What the heck?!” Iruka exclaimed, seeing a memo in his box one morning. It was to notify all of the staff that there was to be a party in two weeks. It seemed finally Konoha was settling down after Orochimaru tried to destroy the village, but things were still not quite back up to pace. Even the academy teacher, who had little to do with the countless missions of normal ninja life, knew that. It seemed odd that a party would be held to celebrate it.

“You bringing anyone, Iruka-sensei?” one of the other teachers asked. “Girlfriend?”

“Probably not.” he said, blushing a little. Truth be told, he didn’t have time for a relationship. He took his teaching seriously. . . even if he did have a hard time keeping his class in line sometimes. Whenever someone brought it up with him, even if it was intentionally harmless, Iruka was always hurt by it. Even when he went through the academy himself, he was never looked upon as dating material. You didn’t go out with the class clown. It seemed that he was going to be an eternal bachelor. The Chunin tucked away the memo and continued to his classroom. ‘I suppose,’ he thought. ‘I’ll at least be happy with what I’m doing, even if there isn’t anyone to share it with.’



“Iruka-sensei!!” someone shouted, running down the road. Iruka turned and found Naruto waving him down. “Iruka-sensei!!!” The man turned around just in time to cushion Naruto as he ran into him. “Iruka-sensei!!”

“Yes, yes, what is it Naruto?” the teacher asked. “You’ve got my full attention.”

“How do you ask a girl out?” Naruto blurted, somewhat quietly, however. “I wanna ask Sakura to that dance next week!” Iruka blushed.

“Well,” he began, stuttering a little. “You just ask.”

“Just ask?” he asked, not getting it.

“Say ‘Sakura I would you like to go to the dance with me’ or something like that.”

“But she slapped me when I said that.” Iruka almost laughed, but knew it would hurt Naruto’s feelings. “She said she was going with Lee.”

“Do you know that for sure?” Naruto looked away sadly.

“He isn’t going at all. Sakura-chan lied.” Iruka frowned, knowing the feeling all too well. “So, is there anything I can say that’ll make her go with me?” Iruka shook his head.

“I don’t think so, Naruto. I don’t think she’ll want to be pestered over and over again.” Naruto’s heart fell. Iruka could tell from the look in the boy’s eyes. “Hey, let’s go to Ichiraku. My treat.” That didn’t help the boy’s spirits at all.



Shino and Kiba were at Ichiraku, talking about how Hinata was really quiet; even more than usual. Iruka knew about Hinata’s little crush on Naruto, who was completely oblivious to it, and he made the suggestion.

“Why Hinata?” Naruto said, slurping up his ramen.

“Well, maybe she’s in the same boat you’re in.” Iruka said. “Her team mates seem to imply that. Maybe you’d do you both a favor and ask her instead of Sakura.”

“But I hardly know her!” the boy said. “Besides, she always faints whenever I see her.” Iruka couldn’t help but smirk. Of course Hinata would faint. . .

“Maybe she’s just nervous around you. After all, you did train with one of the Sannin. If we didn’t have such a close relationship already, I might be wary of you too.” Kiba and Shino looked at each other, knowing fully well that was a lie. However, they were kind of glad that Iruka-sensei was trying to get Naruto to ask Hinata out. Maybe it would make her happy and she’d be her usual self again. Naruto drank the last of his soup and set it down.

“All right. I’ll ask her the next time I see her.” Iruka smiled. “But it won’t be Sakura.”

“You’re right. It won’t be. Maybe it’ll be even better.” Naruto looked up his former teacher, not knowing whether to take his suggestion seriously or not. “You’ll find that sometimes the best things for us aren’t what we’re looking for. Trust me on that one.”



TBC...

**-**-**


A/N: wow. . . I've just been slamming through fics today!! *thinks* wrote this one, then "Gaara 1: Jack 0", and I updated "Pirate-no-Jutsu. . . What the Flip?!" I think. . . well I wrote some stuff anyway. . . and I even spent four hours socializing with my family *BIIIIIIIG shocker there*!!! Yup, I'm on a roll!!!!!!!!

ps: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED ON MY LAST TWO FICS!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy I was when I read them. . . my sister got freaked out at how happy I was. . . THANK YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! ^_______^