TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Failing Schizophrenia by kiki15

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: In the chappie.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Failing Schizophrenia


Key

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics'

//Kyuubi//

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Summary: Naruto is a schoolteacher, but more importantly, he's suffering from Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder. After being admitted to the mental hospital for the sixth time in a row, and being thrown in solitary for his 'tendencies'. He is soon given a list of medicines he has to get, and discharged. The only consequence? He is to be assigned a guardian, and guess who that is? AU Ita/Naru


A/n: Kyuubi is a male in this fic, unlike in my other one, where she's a female. And yes, I made Naruto's guardian four years younger than him, but he's still of legal age, so ha! Also, Sasuke is Naruto's age in this fic, twenty-two. There's a valid reason for all of this, believe me.



Chapter One: Sleeper


~Naruto~


::Konoha Mental Hospice::


Argh! If I have to stare at these damn walls anymore I'll go insane! Wait, Kyuubi says I'm already insane. Fine, so I was, but they needed to hurry up on the paperwork! It wasn't my bloody fault Iruka decided to send me here...it also wasn't my fault he almost got carved up by Kyuubi. He should've stopped talking about 'it' when I said so.


I look up to the door as it creaks open, seeing Tsunade, my doctor. She had a thick bunch of papers in her hand, a small white bag in the other, and she was glaring at me with enough intensity to rival his...no, I'm not going to think about that...no, no, no.


"Naruto?" she asks, her voice jarring me from my thoughts.


//Listen to this bitch well, she's our key to getting away from this hell of white.//


*Right Kyuubi.*


She explains my options to me, I could get out and have a guardian live with me 24/7, or I could stay locked in here for the rest of my natural life, or until I was 'cured'. Which in my mind meant doped up on every experimental drug they had. I chose the first option. Smiling bitterly, the bit- I mean...Tsunade, hands me the bag, which contains what little belongings I had brought with me. My clothes, my blue and silver headband, a pack of nicotineless cigarettes, I'm addicted but heck if I'm getting lung cancer and dying like my mother! A lighter, my watch, my cell phone (which probably had no service since I hadn't been able to pay the bill in about 2 1/2 months), and a pretty green necklace that I'm sure wasn't there before. I look up, holding it out, about to question her, when she shakes her head.


"You grew on me, so keep it. That's yours now."


As soon as she had said 'keep it', Kyuubi was pondering the best way to pawn the pretty thing. We both knew it was worth a helluva lot of money, but I wasn't going to let 'him' take this thing.


*This is 'mine' Kyuubi! Mine! If you sell it I'll hate you forever!*


//Maa, maa, fine, I won't sell your precious stone.//


I smile, going to put on my clothes in the privacy of the washroom.


When I finally came out, I belatedly noticed that there was someone else in the room. How could I have not noticed? I normally pride myself on my heightened senses, but this red-eyed person carried an aura of distrust around him, so I found myself growling at the man while backing up to the white wall.


Tsunade, noticing that I had come back in, nods to the man, who starts toward me. I flatten myself against the wall more, still growling, and I think, that if I had fox ears, they would be parallel with my skull.


//I don't like the look that bitch is giving you, we'd better warm up to this man quick, lest she decide to keep us here indefinitely.//


*...Fine, if only to get out of here.*


I peel myself from the wall, going over to the red-eyed man hesitantly and shaking his pale hand. It was cold, like ice, a corpse's touch. I recoiled soon after, trying hard not to wipe my hands on my jeans. I didn't like that feeling, I could almost see their dead fish eyes staring at me again, life gone, and their white faces twisted into grotesque grimaces.


Though I wasn't aware of it, I had started unconsciously flexing my hands into fists and back again. I had unnaturally long nails, and even longer canines, so I eventually noticed the pain when my skin was pierced.


*Ow! I was getting out of hand, wasn't I?*


//Yes, now pay attention kit, the bitch didn't notice, and the one beside you only has a frown about his face as he nods, so she must be explaining something to him. Listen.//


"...if he gets out of hand you may use any means necessary to calm him down, other than physical restraints. That only pisses off the 'you-know-what' inside him..."


//Pssh, I'm always pissed.//


*Shh!!! I wanna hear this.*


~Author~


Tsunade spouted off some other stuff, legal blah and the like, before turning to Naruto and asking his consent to all of this as she holds out a contract for him to sign. Naruto takes the offered pen from the still unnamed man beside him, reading the document quickly, and catching any fine print, before signing it in full. She takes the contract back, pulling something else from her clipboard and handing it to him.


"This is a list of medicines you'll need to get from your nearby pharmacy, the dosages will be on the bottles. Oh yes, I almost forgot, you two haven't been formally introduced. Naruto, this is Itachi Uchiha, he's 18, a former intern here. He's from a very prestigious family that suffered an unfortunate tragedy. Itachi, this is Naruto Uzumaki, he's 22, and a schoolteacher at Sandaime High School. You'll be his guardian for an undetermined amount of time, which actually compliments you Naruto as he can be your teacher assistant. Itachi plans to be a schoolteacher one day too."


Itachi nods, acknowledging that statement as he sticks his hand out wordlessly once more, ruby-like eyes trained on the somewhat shorter man. Naruto fixes the other man with a slight glare, not looking directly at his face, and shaking his hand.


"Nice to meet you, Itachi-san."


//I'd rather have a lobotomy than trust this man.//


*You wanna get out of here, yes? Then shush.*


//Meh...//


"The same can be said for you, Naruto-kun." Itachi replies in a slight monotone, his eyes fixed upon Naruto's face. Naruto takes a chance, looking directly into the man's face, and staggers back as if slapped.


"Sasuke?!" he screeches, backing up against the wall. "You...you're supposed to be in jail!"


Itachi tilts his head to the side, simply looking at the blonde man in veiled confusion.


"Sasuke...is my aniki." he tells the man, who calms down marginally, edging his way around the red-eyed man.


He sighs, and a noticable change takes place in his demeanor. He rakes a hand through his scraggly blonde hair, heading for the door, seeming relaxed, more calm as he stoops to get his bag of meager belongings.


"I'll wait for you outside Itachi-san."


As the door clicked shut quietly, Tsunade turned to the red-eyed man standing silently beside her.


"Well, at least you have an inkling of what you're going to be dealing with now. He just switched personalities."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anaki: I rule!

RC16: You drool!

Anaki: Do not!

RC16: Uhuh! Review!