TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Failing Schizophrenia by kiki15

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: In chappie.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Failing Schizophrenia


Key

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics'

//Kyuubi//

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Summary: Naruto is a schoolteacher, but more importantly, he's suffering from Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder. After being admitted to the mental hospital for the sixth time in a row, and being thrown in solitary for his 'tendencies'. He is soon given a list of medicines he has to get, and discharged. The only consequence? He is to be assigned a guardian, and guess who that is? AU Ita/Naru


A/n: Essays suck.


Chapter Four: Fighter


~Naruto~


::Naruto's Apartment::

To say I was surprised to see Gaara fuming as he went through his key ring, opened the door to my apartment, and stormed in would be a false accusation. I'd expected as much of the fiery red headed man, preparing my demeanor as such.

"Hi Gaara-panda, do you want some dango?" I ask, putting an easy smile upon my face and holding out the plate. He growls, snatching the plate from me and putting it on the end table.

"No. I don't want any bloody dango. I want to know where 'that' man's brother is. Now."

I snicker, knowing he was truly worried because he didn't object to my usage of -panda like he normally does. Sigh, so much for teasing him. I pick up the dango plate, balancing it on the tips of my fingers.

"Okay, follow me." I reply, easy smile still in place as I lead a seemingly calm Gaara into the living room. "Itachi-san, we have a guest. Say hi to Gaara."

Itachi, who had just finished his miso soup, sets the bowl down and stands.

"A pleasure to meet you Gaara-san." he states, extending a hand towards the level man. Gaara however, slaps his hand away with a low growl. I put the plate on the coffee table, noticing that Itachi doesn't retaliate in the slightest.

"Naruto, go do your meditation somewhere. I'm going to have a little chat with Itachi-san."

~Author~

Naruto tilts his head to the side, nodding and starting off towards his room. Although, before he shuts the door he turns back, calling Gaara's name softly. The panda-eyed boy turns his head, now seated on the couch beside Itachi.

"Yeah?"

"Do not maim, bruise, stab or otherwise attempt to injure Itachi-san. Nor may you kill him. If I find out that you have done any of those things then you will be dealing with me. The same applies to you as well Itachi-san. Don't lay a finger on Gaara." Naruto challenges, his eyes narrowing as a deep scowl mars his features, but then he smiles easily once more. "Got it?"

Gaara looks away, a frown plastered across his features.

A sign of nervousness.

He didn't want to provoke the older mentally unstable blonde.

It was hell last time he had made that foolish mistake, said something inappropriate, and even then he was only playing.

"Yeah."

Itachi simply nods.

"Good! Have fun you two!"

~Gaara~

I glare at the man in front of me, seeing if he would turn away like so many others, but he didn't. That blank red gaze was just kept trained on mine, unwavering in the slightest.

"You're related to that bastard Sasuke."

It wasn't a question, and he didn't treat it as such.

"Yes, I am Uchiha Itachi, younger brother to Uchiha Sasuke."

I narrow my eyes more, scrutinizing this 'Itachi'.

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"And you believe you can take care of Naruto?"

"It is what the hospice wishes and I shall carry it forth."

"Fine. If he gets out of control what do you do?"

"Restrain him. If that does not work, then call the hospice."

"Alright, decent answer, but how do you restrain him?"

"Any way possible except physically."

"If he got out of control right this moment, how would you restrain him?"

"I would talk to him, try and calm him down."

I snort, yeah, like that would work with Kyuubi or any of the more dominant alters. It may work with Hinoe, but that's only because she (yes she), was one of the kinder ones.

"If that doesn't work?"

Itachi says nothing, simply getting up and going back to what I presume is his new room. I growl lightly to myself, resisting the urge to get up and follow him when he returns a few seconds later with a small silver suitcase in hand.

"Well?" I ask, curious as to what purpose the case serves when he pops it open in answer.

I growl mentally as I glare daggers into the case.

Tranquilizers.

All labeled according to dosage. Different sized pre-set syringes lay parallel to various sized bottles of amber and clear colored liquid.

"That's some fucking bullshit." I state, wanting to shatter the contents of the case all over the floor. "Ziprasidone (Geodon), Diazepiam (Valium), and Haloperidol (Dozic)?! That shit can kill him!"

"Not with these dosages. They are only meant to sedate." he replies calmly, closing the case and standing, walking back towards his room once more.

"Fucking bastard!" I yell, launching myself over the couch in an act of pure rage and tackling him.

Luckily or unluckily, however you want to look at it, the case was reinforced and didn't break when it hit the floor. I was too pissed to notice right then, but I was just about to plant my fist into this guy's smug face when someone grabs my arm.

Damn it all.

"Gaara." Naruto says, his voice laced with ice as I turn to face him, frown across my face again. He was going to freakin' kill me for this. "I asked you not to fight, so what are you doing?"

I let a light smile pass through my frown as he pulls me up roughly, helping that asshole up as well. I'm stuck facing the dreaded evil as the prick thanks my blonde friend, picks up his suitcase, and heads down the hallway.

Now the glare of doom was turned on me. Joy.

"I wasn't doing anything Naru-chan." I say, trying to weasel out of this. "He started it."

He growls, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me into the kitchen, roughly shoving me down into a chair. He pulls out his own chair, turning it to face him as he straddles it, his arms crossed over the back.

"And how..." he begins, voice soft, his eyes flashing a mild lavender. "Did he start it?"

Okay, maybe I'll have a chance. Hinoe seemed to be coming out for one reason or another.


"He was being an asshole." I reply, instantly regretting my mistake as I am hoisted up by my collar, Naruto's malevolent vermillion eyes seering their image into my own.

Kyuubi.

"Listen, Gaara, strain your ears so hard I'll hear 'em pop." he growls, baring his teeth at me. They were sharp, pointy, and very, 'very' painful. I should know, he's bitten me 'twice'. That's why I like staying on his good side. He had gotten them filed to very sharp points on the wishes of another alter, Ichibi, or something like that. "He's the best chance we've got of staying out of that institution. So don't threaten him!"

I nod slowly as I am mercifully placed back on my feet, Naruto coming back soon after.

"Okay, now that problem aside, what time were we meeting again?"

I take a few deep breaths before offering a slight smile.

"8:00?"

"Okay!" he goes out of the room for a second, returning with the plate of dango from earlier. "Want some?"

I take two skewers, eating them as quickly as I can.

"Alright, I'm gonna go help Neji find something to wear. God knows he'd be in purple polka dots and a lucid green plaid shirt if I wasn't there." I head for the door, smirking as Naruto runs up to hug me.

"Bye Gaara-panda!"

"See you in two hours."

~Naruto~

I watch as Gaara pulls away in his Rainbow VW Bug, and just burst out laughing. It was April Fool's of last year, Neji and I had decided to join up and prank Gaara. Now Gaara, a person who's proud of his car, sexuality and whatnot, would find this particular prank annoying yet amusing at the same time. He didn't like anybody messing with his car though, we did it anyway. Think about it this way: 15 oversized Gay Pride car stickers + four gallons of vibrant rainbow car paint + two mischievious guys = Getting this shit beat out of us when Gaara found out the next morning. It was funny though, and because he couldn't take the paint off without messing up the original job, he just left it that way. Oh well, reminiscing aside, it was time for clubbing!

"Itachi-koi!" I yell back to him, smiling as he pokes his head around the corner with a twitching eyebrow, using the suffix and a decidedly pronounced lisp to try pissing him off. "We have 'got' to get you a 'clubbing outfit'! I simply 'can't' have you going around like 'that', honey!"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Anaki: Wow.


RC16: Wtf?


Anaki: That's what I'm thinking.


RC16: You wrote it.

Anaki: My hands! They betray me!!! Noooo!!!!! -runs away-

RC16: Okay....um...yeah....loser.

RC17: Hehehe! Review!