TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Illness of the Heart by Nakitty

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The rain finally began to slow. However, it still rained hard. It had rained all night and it was beginning to get close to the morning. Amaya and Naruto still sat in the tree. Little words spoke between them. After Amaya cried, she was now very silent. Finally, she spoke…
“Thanks…” Amaya finally whispered.
“For what?” asked Naruto.
“For listening to my story.”
“No, thanks for telling me it.”
“Sorry for crying.”
“Why?”
“You probably think I’m weak.”
“What? For crying? We all cry. You had a good reason too. You shouldn’t be ashamed. It helps to cry, sometimes it helps gets things off your chest.” Naruto gave her a kind smile.
This surprised Amaya a bit, making her look away. “Do you cry?” asked Amaya.
“I used too. But I decided to stop crying.”
“Why?”
“I guess I just got tired off it.”
“Ohh…” whispered Amaya. They sat in silence once more.

“Hey! I think the rains finally giving up!” Naruto shouted out. It still rained but softer now.
Amaya looked over at Naruto. Then looked away. She felt selfish. She sat there with an umbrella and mostly dry but Naruto was soaked head to toe with no shelter. Even though they had the tree, the branches did not really give that much protection from the heavy rain. Amaya adjusted the umbrella so both her and Naruto’s heads were covered. Naruto looked up and blinked after not feeling drops of water on his head. He looked at Amaya who looked away shyly.
“Thanks,” he giggled.
“It’s the least I can do.” Amaya whispered, coughing into her free hand.
“Are you okay?” asked Naruto.
“Yeah...” Amaya said, shamefully.
Naruto looked away, feeling bad for reminding her about her illness.
“How about you? You’re probably catching a cold.” Amaya told him.
“Naw, I’m fine!” laughed Naruto. “Don’t worry about me.”
In unison, both of them sneezed.
“I guess I do have a cold,” he laughed, rubbing the back of his head.
“Yeah, me too.” Amaya added.

Silence once more. Both staring out into the open forest.
“Hey. What’s your name?” asked Amaya.
“I’m Naruto Uzumaki!” shouted Naruto. “The greatest ninja around.”
Amaya laughed softly, added with a cough. “I’m Amaya Huyana.”
“I made you laugh.” Naruto smiled, as if it was a one of the greatest achievements of his life.
“Because you’re a funny person, Naruto Uzumaki. It’s nice to meet you.”
“It’s nice to meet you too, Amaya Huyana.”

Silence once more.
“Amaya?” asked Naruto
“Yes?” replied Amaya.
“Are you still going to run away to your village?”
“I don’t know.”
“I hope you don’t.”
“Why?”
“Because you can get better here and I want to get to know my new friend more.”
Amaya blinked and started at him. “Friend?” she whispered.
“Yeah!” smiled Naruto.
Amaya sighed, “Naruto, I’ll stay a little longer.”
“For real?” he yelled with excitement.
Amaya laughed “Yeah, for you.”

Soon the clouds cleared and the last raindrops were falling off the tree branches. “I think it finally stopped,” said Naruto. The morning sun broke through the night rain clouds. He and Amaya spent the whole evening to morning in the forest, in the rain. “Did ya hear me?” asked Naruto, placing a hand on Amaya’s shoulder. He was surprised to see Amaya had fallen a sleep. She looked somewhat peaceful. Her head rested on the umbrella’s handle, eyes closed, lips slightly parted as she breathed in and out with an even rhythm. ‘She’s kinda cute when she’s sleeping.’ Naruto thought. He yawned a bit, he was tired himself. He decided he had better bring Amaya to back to the hospital. The people there were probably going crazy. He giggled at the thought.
He picked Amaya up bridal style, careful not to wake her. He jumped off the branch and landed gracefully on the ground. The umbrella gently flew down from the branch too. Amaya’s grip had let it go when Naruto picked her up. Naruto somehow managed to get the umbrella closed and in his arms next to Amaya without waking her.

“Thank you.” The nurse, Zhi said. “Naruto, wasn’t?”
Naruto nodded and watched as Zhi removed Amaya’s sandals, stockings, gloves and fish net top, because they were wet. She left Amaya with only her purple tank and her pants, not getting her completely undress in front of Naruto. The nurse put a hospital jacket on Amaya to keep her warm and tucked her into bed. “I hope she didn’t cause you much trouble. Some how she just snuck past the night shift.”
“Naw, not at all. I just ran into her on my way back from training.” Naruto laughed, rubbing the back of his head.
“I just don’t know why she has to be such a rebel. Well, anyway, thank you again.”
“Um...” started Naruto.
“Yes?” asked Zhi.
“I was just wondering. Why is her room so plain? I mean, there are no cards or flowers and most girls always have a room decorated with that kind of stuff.”
Zhi sighed, “Well, no one has sent her anything or even visited her from the village.”
“Why not? Haven’t her parents or friends stopped by?” asked Naruto
Zhi shook her head. “No. Sadly, I don’t think her parents care much about her or are on good terms with each other. And she didn’t really have any friends in our village.”
“Oh...” Naruto said sadly. Then he let out a sneeze.
“Are you okay?” asked Zhi. She walked over to him and placed a hand on his forehead. “No fever but your soaked to the bone. You must have a cold. I suggest you change into some dry clothes and get some rest.”
“Okay, thanks.” Naruto said. “Well, I got to go. Bye!” He waved goodbye and ran off.