TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Matsukyen by Hotepsta

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: In this chapter, a young Uchiha shinobi fighting within a battle between clans is trusted with the mission to make an important delivery, and the twists that may happen in the path may change his fate forever...
A great part of Sleepy Oak forest was turned into dry ground just in the small hours of a night, and the evidences of destruction and struggle hinted a fierce battle. Swords were carved on the ground here and there, and dead bodies cursed the land. Two clans battled on that site, and the victorious — the Uchiha clan — set up a campsite to wait for the dawn. Outside, great piles of bodies were on fire, like great torches of pain, as the black ashes flew with the air.
— Matsuki! Quickly, carry this one to the medical tent! — cried a woman of black, smooth hair, bound in the back of a red armor, while she gazed in the dark eyes of a young man, who hastily came her.
— Yes, Izumi-teishu!
— Tell them it is an emergency, he’ve got serious wounds all over the bones!
— Understood.
The boy ran as fast as he could, carrying on his shoulder the wounded body of one of his own kin. Their eyes crossed once, and, even without words, there was thankfulness on the eyes of the older man. The poor cloth-made entrance was lifted high, as entered the two, and the lad put his relative’s body on a ready improvised bed on the floor, as another woman, who was casting a medical ninjutsu on another, quickly got up and walked on to him.
— Matsuki-kun, can you tell how deep is his wounds
— Right, Hakasui-Senpai! — He slightly bowed for her — Izumi-teishu told me he’s very wounded in the bones, probably because of the weapon jutsu of clan Kagiya!
— Got it, now I can take it from here on.
The woman then started casting medical ninjutsu on the body, as Matsuki left the tent. Looking around, the corpse fires seemed to him like cries. He could see something that troubled him to the soul. “Where is the honor here?” He thought for a moment, but a shouting of his name couldn’t let him find the answer to that question. “Matsuki! come here!”, was it, and the young man walked over there, with the eyes down.
— I don’t think there’s anybody else left, and I think you can go and get some rest, I’ll continue the patrol from here.
— Are you sure I am not needed anymore, Izumi?
— Yes, I am, and, after all, you deserve it! — She put her hand over his head for a moment, and turned back on giving some orders to another one.
— Thank you, Izumi! — He spoke as turned back himself, to the sleeping camp.
The bed was set to the ground, and the only light was that of the fires from outside, heating the air, and that of a candle on the corner of the cell, to harden trespassing. As the youngling was about to take of his worn armor and lay on the bed, he noticed a strange movement on the outside, many running and shouting words, between those he could discern “Calling” and “Danger”. He hadn’t to think twice to run outside himself and see what’s happening. Shinobi everywhere, leaving the village in haste in direction to the main battlefield, just west from there. “Matsuki, what are you waiting for? The clan is in dire danger, we must run!” someone said, and the boy followed in a haste. “Father!” he thought, and feared for his safety.
Before he could even notice, he were amid many other Uchiha shinobi together running through the trees, from branch to branch, as the tiny ray of red light far in the horizon gave place to a newborn sun. The captain then stopped and lifted his hand in a signal to wait, and everyone else stopped with him. There were the battlefield, barely distinguishable between the leafs, but the sound of clashing steel and fire from everywhere told that clearly battle there was far from ending. The captain then divided the troop in two groups, pointing the entrance and captain of each, being himself one of them. Matsuki’s group entered from the left, right on the side of the Uchiha, to help on defense, while the other entered in the enemy side.
— Reinforcements! Look, they’ve arrived! — Cried a kinsman, followed by cheers from all over the allied side.
— Fill me with all the information so far — Said the captain to a thin, barely wounded woman shinobi.
— Our troops are mostly over, sir! And Kagiya’s numbers only seem to keep the same! Their chakra is almost unending! — answered her.
— We’ve arrived already, worry not, commander. What about the new move papers?
— Here they are — she took some scrolls from a crate.
The captain then took the scrolls and started to read one of them. His eyebrows closed, and he turned to Matsuki. “Take this to your father, over there — he pointed somewhere far on the battlefield — he must be aware of it”, he said. The boy took the scroll and ran in the shown direction. Passing through the clan’s improvised barricade, the only view was of death and destruction. Bodies within blood pools all over the ground, with katanas, giant shurikens and all other sort of odd weapons, all threaded on their chests. At the background, behind some hills, the last grasps of fire flew through the last shinobis’ hands. “Not the time”, he said, looking forth to his pathway, as a quickened hand flew right to his head, but Matsuki’s reflexes allowed him to dodge it, revealing a sea-blue armored warrior, who rapidly turned back positions and gazed Matsuki’s eyes.
— Today, boy, is not your lucky day! — he screamed, while performing the hand seals of the Ox, the Monkey, the Dragon and the Snake about as quickly as Matsuki had ever seen — Entekkouton: Fuhaka!
The figure then kicked the ground and threw a block of earth at his hands, full of blue chakra, which immediately turned into a dark metal, in the shape of a bite-like kunai edge. “Prepare to face your death!” He put his had down with the jutsu, and ran wildly as he looked into Matsuki’s eyes. The latter quickly drew his katana, and counterattacked the enemy, clashing their weapons, when blue and red sparks jumped everywhere. The Kagiya shinobi slightly laughed. “What’s this?!” reflected the lad, as the katana melted down right in the middle, quickly followed by Matsuki’s dodging jump.
— I see you have not yet your clan’s pearl, hah! — laughed him, as Matsuki looked down — And I’m afraid you’re not going to have it after all! — Again, he ran to the encounter, but now even wilder than before.
Matsuki got to perform seals as fast as he could, while his foe was about to come and cut off his head. Tiger, Horse, Monkey, Ox and Dog, and by the latter, the shinobi’s jutsu was about an inch from his eyes. Dust everywhere, and a great bang was listened by all on the camp. “Matsuki!” shouted the captain at the camp, fearing for the worst. As the dust began to settle down, the shadows of a figure perforated by the hands of another becomes apparent, as the first one falls to the ground. — H-how!? — His throat is cut by the same person who threw it to the ground. Matsuki then get up with sparking, edgy thunder chakra on his right hand, and gaze into the strange, black metal on the hands of the Kagiya-sai, while it breaks into dust. “Kai!” Said him, as the jutsu fades. He looks down, to the corpse of his foe. His hands trembled, and he closed his eyes, lifting his head to look forth, and continued his way through the wastelands.
Chapter end notes: 1. The clans Uchiha and Kagiya are two rival clans since ages past. Note that Uchiha’s major rival is still the Senju, but not only the Senju are relevant anymore, as in Naruto series.
2. “Entekkouton - Fukaha” means “Power metal release - Shark teeth”.