TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Project Konoha by crimson sun06

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Interpol case no. 6951 report:-

Date: 15 September 2008

The victim Hattori Hanzo was found dead in his apartment with a slit trachea. Preliminary investigations put the death between 4 and 5 PM on August 13. The weapon was a kitchen knife which seemed to have come from the victim's own kitchen. The place showed no signs of struggle and hence it can be safely concluded that Mr. Hattori was caught off-guard. The victim was known to be associated with the Yakuza and it is suspected that he was a victim of gang rivalry. The lack of evidence and a steadily increasing pool of motivated suspects has left the local authorities discouraged.

Chapter 3: Secrets


"Miso ramen for table 5, red bean soup and yakitori for table 9 and chicken ramen for table 12." Naruto rattled off the orders to Teuchi simultaneously carrying the orders already prepared.

"Coming right up." Teuchi responded.

"Busy day huh?" Ayame said to Naruto carrying her own set of orders.

"Tell me about it" Naruto grumbled.


It had been a week since Naruto had arrived in Akiruno and in his first weekend off from school, he was busy running orders for Ichiraku's at 1 in the afternoon.

"Well get used to it Naruto kun, lunch times are bad during weekdays and even worse at weekends." Ayame couldn't help a smirk at the blonde's tone.

"Not exactly making me feel better." He complained, wiping the sweat from his brows.

"Go get the orders for table 8." Ayame told him patting his head. She could sympathize. Weekends were always bad and she never enjoyed them. But at least now she had someone to share her misery.

Naruto grumbled some more and fishing out the pen and pad hooked to his trousers approached the latest customer before freezing in his place.

"Thought I might find you here." Anko said smirking at his expression.

"It's you." Naruto said in a resigned tone on seeing his dreaded neighbour.

"Now now what's with the tone? I haven't seen you in a week." Anko said obviously enjoying the blonde's discomfort. "If I didn't know better I would say you have been trying to avoid me."

"Well apparently I wasn't trying hard enough." He muttered under his breath. "Welcome to Ichiraku's what can I do for you today?" He said out loud.

"Well how about 3 skewers of dango and some jasmine tea to go with it."

"Coming right up."

Relaying the order Naruto went to clear the empty tables. At some point during his shift he saw Ayame making small talk with Anko when she served her order.

She must be a regular here Naruto thought to himself. It was 2 and the end of his shift. In the last few days Naruto had fallen into a routine in his new life. School work kept him busy and when he wasn't busy with school he was working at Ichiraku's. He had made a few casual acquaintances at his school and could tolerate most of them. He even joined them for a game of basketball now and then. Slipping out of his apron he was on the verge of putting his shoes on when Teuchi approached him.

"Thanks for coming today. I know it wasn't your shift but I was a little short-staffed since Yelan took the day off."

"It was no trouble Teuchi san." Naruto said waving his apologies aside. "I will see you tomorrow then."

"Are you sure you don't want some lunch? I can whip you up some ramen." The man offered.

Naruto was tempted.

"Well if you make it miso."

"I don't see why not?" Teuchi acquiesced.

"In that case how can I refuse." Naruto agreed amiably.

In the past week Naruto had developed a taste for ramen cooked by Teuchi and found it hard to refuse when he was offered some.

"So how was your week?" Teuchi asked the boy as he watched him attack the noodles with all the subtlety of a ravenous blood hound.

"It was okay. We have a field trip next week." Naruto replied slurping the noodles.

"Where are you going?"

"I think its to the opening of the new museum. The Sengoku museum I think its called."

"Isn't the Governor inaugurating it?" Teuchi inquired remembering reading about it in the newspapers a few days ago.

Naruto nodded. Apparently they need school children to make the governor appear accessible and friendly. Naruto didn't voice his thoughts out loud though.
After some more general talk mainly involving his time at school and how he was fitting Naruto finished his meal and exited the premises bidding goodbye to his guardian and Ayame.

"See you later Naruto." Ayame said to the exiting blonde.

On leaving the restaurant he was surprised to see Anko standing outside leaning on a Mitsubishi i evidently waiting for him.
"You do know that keeping a lady waiting is rude don't you?" She smirked at him. "Keep this up and you will never get yourself a girlfriend."

Naruto was not amused.

"Stalking a 14 year old I would be more worried about you getting into prison before I became worried about my manners." Naruto replied back.

"I didn't know you cared kid."

Naruto rolled his eyes at that.

"What do you want Anko?"

"Just want to get to know my neighbour a little better you know. I thought for sure a kid like you would be making a more productive use of his time."

Naruto raised an eyebrow at this. "Like?"

"I dunno. Dating girls, hanging out with friends, that sort of thing?" Anko shrugged.

"Earning a living just ranks higher on my list of priorities." Naruto retorted.

"Well when you put it like that..."

"No, really Anko. What do you want?"

For the first time in all of their encounters so far Anko appeared ill-at ease to him. She seemed to be struggling with herself for a while before seeming to make up her mind.

"Lets me drop you home." She offered opening the door to her car. "I will even let you ride shotgun."

"Its just a couple of blocks. I can walk you know."
"But I insist." Anko didn't budge.

Naruto seriously considered refusing, but seeing the resolve in her eyes he realized that she was serious and he couldn't avoid her forever. Wanting to get it over with he slipped into the car putting his seat-belt on. Anko didn't bother with hers.

"So where are you from kid?" Anko tried opening up with small talk.

"Akiruno." Naruto replied.

Anko could have continued with her indirect line of questioning but she could see he had closed up and she wasn't about to get any honest answers from him at the moment suspicious as he was of her. So she decided to switch tactics.

"I have known the Ichiraku's for years, since I was a kid, even baby-sat little Ayame a few times. Kind people they are."

"Yes, I know." Naruto agreed not sure where she was going with this.

"You remind me of another friend of mine who used to hang around Ichiraku's. Iruka was his name."

Naruto gave a start.

"He died recently and from what Ayame told me you knew Iruka."

Anko gave a sideways glance to Naruto.

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"

"No I wouldn't." Naruto said. "Can you stop the car here I am sure I can walk rest of the way."

Anko stared at him for minute, his eyes expressionless but the set of his jaw confirmed that this was a sore topic for him.

"I am not your enemy kid." Anko sighed heavily, but doing as requested. "I am only trying to find some answers."

Naruto's eyes softened a touch. Unlocking his door he left her with his parting words.

"I don't have your answers Anko and I hope for your sake you will stop looking for them, nothing good can ever come off it."

Anko's ears burned with anger, getting out of her car she pursued him before holding him by the collar.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? She snarled at him. "How can you say something like that and just expect me to drop it?"

"His death was an accident." Naruto said unfazed by her outburst.

"What was Iruka to you?" Anko asked him not relaxing her hold on him.

"He was my teacher and I would really appreciate it if you would let go of me." Naruto told her, his voice held just a hint of warning.

Anko realized she was still holding on to his collar and let go, looking slightly ashamed of herself.

"I am sorry." She apologized.

Shrugging off her arm Naruto walked away making his way into his apartment. Anko stared at his retreating back. He is her last link to Iruka, a link she wasn't ready to lose yet. So she will be patient and back off for now.

But one way or another she will have her answers.

No matter what.

Naruto shed his work clothes and made his way to the bathroom for a much needed shower with Anko on his mind. Iruka must have meant a lot to her if her reaction was anything top go by. A part of him felt sorry for not being able to help her... well it was for her own good. Secrets tend to kill people and he would be damned if his secrets took another life.

Basketball season was approaching. The team was busy practicing in the gymnasium and Naruto was busy painting the banner joined by another girl named Shiho. Behind the sidelines the cheerleaders were practicing their routine, Ino and Sakura had been the latest recruits and Shikamaru was reclining on the stands joined by Kiba who was eyeing the cheerleaders rather blatantly.

"You could actually help you know." Naruto said a little annoyed at the antics of his classmates..

"Why would we want to do that?" Kiba snorted.

"Because you volunteered me for this along with yourself."

"I did it for the sights man." Kiba exclaimed eyes still on the cheerleaders. "And you and Shiho seem to be doing a fine job on your own. Wouldn't want to mess up your good work."

Shiho rolled her eyes at Kiba while Shikamaru remained reclining his eyes shut. Earlier in the day Kiba had volunteered both Shikamaru and Naruto to help out with the decor of the gym for the upcoming Basketball season, the first match of which would be hosted by Akiruno High.

"Can't believe you were offered a spot on the team and turned it down." Kiba compained.

"I can't Kiba. I have work after school. And I am not as good as you think." Naruto explained for what seemed like the millionth time.

"No, you are better. Do you have any idea what I would give to be in your shoes? The glory, the women..."

" Are troublesome." Shikamaru interrupted eyes still shut, Shiho took a moment to stop her work and glare at him. A redundant action as Shikamaru didn't even bother opening his eyes.

"Everything is troublesome for you." Kiba exclaimed, "Don't even know what your lazy ass is doing here."

"Needed to catch up on some sleep without Asuma getting on my case." Shikamaru drawled.

"The banner looks great." Naruto paused in his work to respond to the compliment that came from above them. Rock Lee was a student a year above them staring admiringly at their work.

"Thanks Lee- sempai." Shiho acknowledged.

Lee was one of the reserve players for the team. He was guaranteed to start next year being as athletically gifted as he was. Naruto gave Lee a nod of acknowledgement.

"Hello Naruto." Lee flashed Naruto a smile.

"Sempai."

"You know we really could use a player of your caliber in the team. Hayase hasn't stopped raving about your skills." Hayase was the team captain and after one game with Naruto he had exhausted all avenues to get him in.

"I would but I am still new to the school, and have some catching up to do not to mention my job doesn't leave me much free time." Naruto argued.

"Well I had to try. But if you decide to change your mind." Lee trailed off before joining his team for the cool down runs.

"You are crazy you know that." Kiba exclaimed once Lee left.

Naruto shrugged.

"God himself probably couldn't convince you to take up on Hayase's offer."

"Get the devil and I might think about it." Naruto muttered darkly now working to hang the banner they had been working on for the last 40 minutes, balancing himself on one of the ladders while Shiho held the other end, trying to find her balance.

"Make yourself useful Kiba and help her." Naruto ordered.

Kiba grumbled as he moved to hold the ladder Shiho was on.

Naruto felt it before he saw. Some of the team members were fooling around, when one of the guys chucked the basketball a little too hard. The boy chasing the basketball couldn't control his momentum and went crashing into the ladder Shiho was on. A look of terror appeared on her face before she lost her balance completely.

When she opened her eyes she felt something soft underneath her. Turning around she saw a mop of spiky blonde hair and blue eyes of the boy who had broken her fall with his own body and still managing to be concerned for her.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Oh my God, Naruto are you okay?" Came the concerned voice of Ino over the commotion of the crowd that had accumulated around them

"I am okay." Naruto answered giving a slight groan as he lifted himself. Worried faces of most of the cheerleaders and some of the players crowded around him. Gai was tearing into the players responsible at the other end of the gym. Once he was done he approached Naruto and ordered him to the infirmary, despite his protests that he was fine.

It wasn't long before he found himself at the tender mercies of the school nurse Shizune
An attractive dark-haired woman in her late twenties he could have been in far worse situations
"Well everything seems to be in order." She told him after a check-up.

"That's what I said."

"It is a little surprising, you coming out of that fall without so much as a bruise."

"What can I say? I am sturdy." Naruto said nonchalantly.

"Well there is nothing more to do then. However do speak to the principal before you leave. She wants a word."

Naruto nodded once inwardly wondering what he was wanted for as he made his way to the principal's chambers.

Knocking twice on the door he was greeted with a command of "Come in."

Walking in to see a blonde-haired woman with probably the biggest assets he had ever seen.

"Ah! Uzumaki san please take a seat." The principal said.

Following her instructions Naruto grabbed a chair.

"You weren't injured I hope."

"No sensei."

"Good, just wanted to know how you were doing, and if you were adjusting well to our school."

"I am doing fine ma'am."

"I just wanted to tell you that even though it hasn't been a long time since you joined this school, your teachers have been impressed with your work so far."

"I am glad they think so."

"On the other hand they are also concerned that you haven't given any thoughts to co-curricular activities."

So that's what this was about. Naruto managed to avoid rolling his eyes as he repeated his excuse again.

Tsunade nodded. She didn't get too many kids with his background. Lack of parents often forced children to grow up faster than they should have to."I take it you work as a part timer with the Ichiraku's."

Naruto nodded "I work there of my own volition. Teuchi san is my guardian, and I couldn't have asked for a better one."

"I am sure." Tsunade allowed. "Well in that case if you need anything anytime you know my door is always open."

Understanding his dismissal Naruto was about to walk out.

"Good job saving Shiho san." She called out to him.

Naruto nodded once and walked out.

Outside he was ambushed by Ino, Sakura and another girl he recognised as Tenten from a year above them.
"Are you okay?" Ino approached him.

"I am fine Ino."

"That was really brave of you." Added Sakura.

"Or really stupid." Ino countered though her eyes held a glint of admiration for her fellow blonde.

"Thank you for saving my sister." Tenten offered her gratitude.

Naruto didn't know that Shiho was Tenten's sister. The two girls were nothing alike. While Tenten was outgoing and athletic, Shiho was the classic introvert, bookish and quiet.
"Glad I could help." Naruto said."Classes are over what are you guys doing here?"

"We got your bag. And wanted to make sure you were ok." Ino said while handing him his school bag.

Glancing at his watch he suppressed a groan. He was going to be late.

"Sorry guys, I have to get to work. I will see you later."

Before any of the girls could react he had grabbed his bag and exited the school compound.
Chapter end notes: A sort of abrupt ending. Just a look in a daily life of Naruto. But we will be moving to the action real soon. Anyway don't forget to leave a review. Until next time