TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Surreal Reality by Quethemusic

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: ENJOY!
My life just took a wrong turn, ok fine, the wrong turn...didn't lead me anywhere. Instead it gave me a big ol' slap to the face with so called reality. It didn't occur to me until I died that, I died- no, it was after I was reborn that comprehension dawned me, my life as Emily Witlocke had come to a stop.

The first thing I felt was constriction, you know that knitted shirt that shrunk in the dryers and you were so dumb as to try it on and it somehow started cutting off your circulation? Yah, that was how I felt, except I was stuck in this dilemma with no means of escape.

I was petrified, this dark space that I've been living in for days, maybe even months...years? A place I even considered home after awhile, was now being ripped from my grasp. My warm sanctuary started squeezing, constricting onto my b- you know what? I'll skip this horrendous part, the least I can do for you before your breakfast journeys it's way back up.

Nasty stuff I tell you.

Just imagine the shock I was in when I was thrust upon this world of light. My eyes burned, everything was just too bright, yet still after all this I couldn't utter a single sound. Why? Well if huge giants hovered over top of you with metal instruments prying you here and there, I'd think any sane person would be in confusion.

A sudden large jolt of pain erupted from my butt, yah my butt. Someone just slapped my ass.

Being unable to control my itty bitty brain, I exploded into sobs and cries which reassured the giants. They wrapped me in a soft material, more moving and I was suddenly in the arms of a woman, at least that was what I could make out, considering my eyes couldn't register a damn thing. I chortled, grabbing onto a strand of her hair, somehow my intuition told me that it was someone special, someone that I would care for deeply. I couldn't think any deeper than that as I withdrew into a fitful sleep.

It was after quite some time that I finally accepted the reality that I was reborn.

But that didn't stop me from having screaming fits, nope.

Looking back, I wonder how my new parents could've even withstand me. I felt especially bad for my father, he would usually be the one to drag himself out of bed in the middle of the night to calm me down and that was because my mother would give him the kick of honor.

The first few months of my new life was utterly boring, besides the visits of my parent's friends and relatives that is. My routine consisted of crying, falling asleep than eating. But there was that one thing that bothered me to no end, it resided everywhere I went. In my toys, the air and even me. In the end I concluded it as just a baby thing, maybe the huge furnace inside me will dissipate as I grew older.

Oh how wrong I was. Another month past and I'd squirm endlessly because of the uncomfortableness of something still laying dormant inside of me. Ending in futile I'd cry in frustration, of course my parents tried everything. Even went to the doctors to figure out my constant cries. At least my eyesight finally kicked in, I could decipher faces and color, and guess what my mom's hair color was?

Purple, not the deep violet but the bright purple. Something that a person can spot, a mile away.

I'd always wonder what my mother's actual color hair was, but being a baby limited your communication skill. Papa had a light shade of brown hair, something I really liked and hoped that I would someday obtain.

And you would think by now I would catch onto small clues as to where I was, but nope. Give me a break, I was a baby, I had an attention span of a fish. It wasn't until I was around ten month old that I finally understood everything.

I was concentrating on building a tower with my building blocks, I pouted as my clumsy hands knocked over my creation. I was so caught up on building my tower that I didn't hear my father come in, nor see him squat down next to me.

"Eh? Whatcha making Akari-chan?" He mused, picking up a small block. My father was the most aloof and happy-go-lucky person I've ever met, his smile always brightened the room. I gurgled and pat his hands, gesturing to help with my tower. He chuckled, "Ok, I'll play with you"

I gurgled in delight, I always wondered when I should say my first word. Considering I was such a loud and hectic baby, I wanted to do something that would make them happy, thus I decided my very first word definitely had to be 'mama' and 'papa'.

"You know Akari-chan, Mama and I won't be here for a while" Papa stated, snatching another block. I pouted and stared for him to continue on. "Papa has to go work, ninja work."

I tilted my head in confusion, Ninja? My parents work as a ninja? That can't be true, there's no such thing as ninjas. "I'll beat up the bad guys and then-" Mama pounded Papa's head, "What are you teaching my child?"

Papa frowned and rubbed his sore head, "Eh? Um about ninjas and-" Another hit. "Sometimes, I swear I'm raising two kids" Mama muttered, sitting down onto a chair a few feet away. See, Mama is the exact opposite of Papa, she's hot-tempered, a little violent and sarcastic. I wouldn't be surprised if she was secretly an Uzumaki.

But then again, purple hair.

I uttered incoherent sounds and continued playing. "Did you call them yet?" Papa asked, Mama swiveled around on her high chair and nodded. Who was this 'them' and why is Mama and Papa leaving me unsupervised for work that lasts a month?

If I wasn't already mentally an adult, I might've grown up with attachment issues seeing as my parent's line of work could leave them disappearing days on end.

Mama grew silent, I sensed her massive water container dimming slightly, it was hard to explain how this 'dimming' or anything pertaining an adjective with the ball of liquid worked.

It occurred to me not too long ago that everyone had a bubbling energy inside themselves. Sometimes it spiked and that always scared me shitless as it always meant the person was furious. It was also very, very overwhelming, causing the air to be squeezed out of me, but that'll be another story for another time.

Now back on topic.

"She'll be fine." Papa reassured.

I peered at Mother's relaxed face and soon drifted off into my own thoughts.

A faint knock resonated from the entrance, I was too into my block building to turn around. I heard excited chattering and shuffles before two new energies filled up the room.

Thwack

I urged myself to turn around, and spotted a couple. You know how Mama had purple hair, well scratch that, this woman had bright red hair, the color of a ripe tomato. While the man next to her had a serene smile and dat face could woo a whole stage of ladies.

"Ohoho, seems like your kid is at the loss for words. Understandable, since I am too awesome for words." The red haired woman chuckled, and Mama smiled. "Come now, Akari-chan, this is Kushina and Minato." Mama cooed at me.

So familiar, their face, the way they moved, the way they talked was so damn familiar.

The couple kneeled down beside me, it wasn't long before I was giggling happily and playing along, a wonder how babies can be preoccupied so easily. I was left to my own devices after awhile and they ushered into the kitchen for a talk. This time curiosity took over and I quietly listened in.

Thwack

"Trust Kushina and I to take care of Akari-chan." Minato reassured, Mama's aura was still stiff like a board. "No, I'm completely comfortable with you guys, just what happens if she misses us or starts disliking you. O-or-"

"Jeesh, she will be fine. Just look at how happy she was a minute ago." Kushina parried.

Mama's ball of energy- because this sounds more descriptive then 'water tank' or 'thingie-around-her' and made me sound less like an idiot-soon calmed down, and Papa spoke up. "We've already gone over the essentials, everything is ready. Just watch out for her, she can sometimes be a little too sharp."

"Sharp?" Kushina asked, "How so?"

A hear beat of silence, "Sometimes Akari-chan seems as though she can understand us, how we feel, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a genius of sorts." Mama chuckled in agreement.

Thwack

I beamed inwardly, continuing to rearrange my blocks, and minding my own business. When something caught my ears.

"-Hokage wants to see you before you leave." Minato informed.

Hokage? Well, that's funny. Where did I hear that before.

"Must be the talk about the rising war coming up, wouldn't be a surprise if the Third Shinobi World War breaks out."

Shinobi World War?...World War Three?

Kushina laughed to lighten up the mood, "If something like that happens we know who to count on, right Minato?" She teased. Minato rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

Papa grinned, "I heard the Hokage fancies you quite a bit as the next candidate for his spot, not to mention, Kushina Uzumaki, the hot blooded ba-" A loud thud. "Ouch, I give, I give." Papa yelled, his arms raised up high to protect himself from the rampaging Kushina.

Kushina...Uzumaki?

...Naruto...Uzumaki...?

I felt the weight of the world come crashing down on me, this place, this world itself. THIS GODDAMN FORSAKEN UNIVERSE. Because I was hallucinating, a dream, because whatever I was thinking had nothing to do with where I am. Completely and utterly impossible, I felt the urge to laugh, make fun of how I'm finally going insane with this whole reincarnation thing.

Yet here I was, everything so real, so detailed. My eyes whipped onto the smiling Minato and Kushina, both looking exactly like they belonged here, Minato's arm casually wrapped around her waist. Papa chatting up animatedly while Mama smiled endearingly at him.

Panic started to kick in, my heartbeat quickened to an inhumane pace.

This is Japan, a small village in Japan, where everyone wears kimonos and smile all day. Because this is not a world of bloodshed and slaughter, because there is no such things as ninjas. This is a civilized village.

THIS IS NOT NARUTO.

I finally bursted out. I screamed, wailed, and cried, whatever you may call it.

I was horrified.