TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Scattered Scenes from Mind of Lies, Eyes of Truth by Maia Nishikawa

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Spoilers for later/more recent manga chapters.
The ninja of the allied shinobi forces talked amongst themselves for how to end the final war. Kabuto had switched sides, and had saved a valuable ninja’s life. The Kage mumbled amongst themselves.

“He’s surrendered, and saved the last Uchiha as well.”

“Indeed, saving the last of that clan was noble but one good deed does not redeem him of all the trouble he’s caused here.”

“Punishment must be in order. And the penalty is most certainly death.”

“We’re in agreement then, but who is the right person to do it?”

“Let it be Naruto. He deserves it.”

“No.” Naruto said immediately, who had been standing not too far off. “It has to be Maia.” The Kage looked in the direction of his pointed finger and mumbled amongst themselves.

“Nishikawa? The girl is his only family. It’s not her place.”

“No,” Sasuke chimed in. “I heard her story. She’s the only one to do it.” There was silence for a moment, as chills went down the woman’s spine and her eyes went from the Kage to her twin. It was true. As horrible as it felt, as hard as it seemed, it had to be her.

“There’s no doubt the woman has the capabilities, but does she deserve the glory?”

“What glory is there in war?” The girl’s feint, tired voice was almost inaudible. Her fists clenched at her sides.

…..Kakashi, I think it’s time to put a hole through my heart again. Don’t worry, this time I’ll do it myself…...


“I used to think… that neither of us could live unless the other survived. You’re my other half, my family. Now though, after what you’ve done… I have no other choice but to let you go…”

The kunoichi walked ever so slowly to the silver haired traitor, her head bowed low to the ground. Her heart hurt more than it had ever hurt in her life. No amount of loss she had experienced in the past could have prepared her for this. The allied shinobi force looked on to the scene, many with stone cold eyes, while others were marked with concern. Tears began to fill her eyes.

“You were always there for me… whenever I needed someone to understand what it felt like to be nothing, you were there…


*Flashback of the fun times they shared, and them hugging each other in comfort*

“And even in your darkest hours, I was always there for you too…”

*Flashback of a devastated Kabuto in a dark room, grieving over having lost Lord Orochimaru. She hugs him and whispers in his ear.

“I told you that day… life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself. But even with my foresight, I had no idea…. it would lead to this.” The woman looked up at the grey haired man, tears streaming down her face. His eyes hiding behind glasses were filled with concern and resolution. Maia gathered up her glowing white, yang infused chakra and with it she formed a chakra scalpel.

*Flashback to when she showed him her secret Yang jutsu in Orochimaru’s lair, and he said that to him it also looked vaguely familiar, like something from his forgotten early childhood. He hoped he would one day remember.*

“I used to blame myself for everything you’ve done in this war… for telling you to create yourself into something that was so far from yourself… for creating this lie in your mind. But now I know better…” Maia stopped walking, finally face to face with her twin. At last, Kabuto spoke.

“It wasn’t you that created the lies in my head…. It was me. I made the choice to have a part in this war. I was a victim of circumstances, Mai. You were always the lucky one.” The shimmering white chakra glowed in his face, almost obscuring her own. Behind the flash of her scalpel, two hardened blue eyes glared fiercely into him. Her voice grew harsh and desperate.

“Do you remember this chakra? The light you attacked Itachi and Sasuke with? This is the light that we learned together when we were both young children. Before the battle. Back with our real mother, when we were family. Even after they all died, I found you again! You became a part of my identity. Kabuto, you were home to me!

*Flashback to Kabuto telling Sasuke “I remembered who I was... I am Kabuto. And I remembered something else too. I remembered the place I was supposed to return to.” *

“You could have gone with me to remember the past. You could have found the truth with your own eyes. But now it’s too late!!”

Maia held her hand up high, in preparation to strike with her scalpel.


Kakashi…. Itachi… you’ve always been more skilled than me. Stronger than me. But today, I’m going to do the only things you could never do. I’m going to abandon a comrade…. I’m going to kill my own brother.

Kabuto gave a resigned, saddened smirk.
“Then maybe I’m the selfish one. While you take your home out, I’m going back to mine. Strike your hardest, Maia. I bear no hard feelings. I won't resist. And who knows… maybe one day I’ll see you on the other side.”

Maia POV: Flashback to the memory of talking to Rin’s spirit inside her, whose heart was still a gaping hole, having been punched out by Kakashi’s Chidori. * No doubt in a moment Maia would have every understanding of what it felt like to have no heart. She sees Kabuto’s eyes widen in surprise.

Kabuto POV: For a moment, it looked as if she would hesitate to finish him off. Then, out of nowhere, his vision blurred, and for a moment, the blonde hair of his sister and the hair of Mother aligned in his mind, and the two became one. Mother?

“Goodbye Kabuto.” And with that, Maia hardened her heart, and became the epitome of selflessness one final time. With one sharp slash, her hand tore trough the fibers of her twin’s flesh. With a burst of light, his body was sent flying backwards.

Kabuto’s Last Thoughts: Thank you, Maia…. *Flash of the orphanage, of the children, and Mother, smiling, welcoming him home. * I’m finally going home. Back to where I belong.…

His body hit the dirty ground. And his heart beat no more.


The End.