TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kunoichi by MagykTales

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I do not own Naruto. Only the plot of this story belongs to me.

~~%~~

Of Particular Edible Delicacies

~~%~~

'This is so good!' Yamanaka Ino squealed, as she took a bite out of her onigiri. This jubilant expressiveness of course lead to unpleasant glances being thrown her way, including one from her best friend Haruno Sakura.

'Shut-up, Ino-pig! Why are you always trying to attract attention to yourself?' she seethed. The two were out on a regular shopping date, and now treating themselves to lunch. From the looks of it, these young women had not a care in the world this day as their countenance professed, a sluggish naiveté present in their movements.

'Say Sakura, where are the other two? I haven't seen them in a while. Still, I just got back from a mission which was not what I hoped. If I have to camp in the woods another day ever again, I'm going to kill myself and everyone around me. Anyways I'm happy to be back in Konoha.'

Sakura was happily munching on her dumplings, half attentive to her companions words, rather busy appreciating the contents of her plate.

'I've got to tell you Sakura, you gained some weight these past couple of months.'

Choosing to ignore the last comment, she replied, 'Sasuke is busy being his usual brooding self, and when he's not on missions, he's always in the Uchicha part of town, reconstructing as usual. You know, in all the years he's been back he can't seem to work on improving himself, and his relationships. Instead he sticks to the relationships he has with inanimate objects. I don't know what to say about him.' Ino noticed Sakura forget her prior indulgence in her meal almost immediately when speaking about her teammate. Of course it was quite privy to the village that Sakura had always held romantic notions for him. She wondered why her friend had not pursued professing her eternal love for Sasuke as she would in the past. In fact she never talked of the matter anymore.

'I don't understand why you don't just tell him the truth. I mean it's been seven years since the war Sakura,' Ino articulated none too gently. 'Or else go out with Naruto. God knows he'll never give up on you.'

Both women chuckled at this. 'Naruto is too busy fighting to entertain those romantic notions for me anymore. He's always arguing with Tsunade-sama or he's sparring with Sasuke…which is getting really out of hand these days. They're always visiting me at the hospital with Kakashi-sensei, with useless bruises on their bodies. They'll never learn.' Ino's jab at Sakura's personal feelings was not left unconsidered, though she chose not to comment.

'Ha, I don't know how you deal with those idiots. My boys are a lot easier to handle.' Ino's eyes crinkled in a way contented with their lot in life. She would not miss a chance to express the superiority of her position as she saw it to Sakura, for not only were they best friends, but honest long-time rivals. As is the peculiarity of such a friendship, they had grown up fighting for the same beau, fighting for the glory of the ninja world, fighting for recognition from their comrades, and especially fighting to be accepted by one another. If thrown a cursory glance, a passerby would only see two silly girls out to have a good time. But, as they always say, looks can be deceiving.

'Speaking of, where is that genius of yours? I saw Chouji yesterday with Chouza-san, departing for a mission. He's not as chubby as he used to be. Don't tell me you've made him diet.'

'No, I wouldn't dare, you know how sensitive he can get. What mission was it? Shikamaru is in Suna for some diplomatic meeting and all. Plus he gets to see his girlfriend. I bet Temari and him are just baking in their love nest.' Ino bit into her rice ball noisily with this last comment.

'You're not jealous are you?'

Ino's snorted derisively. 'Oh please! Shikamaru knows I'm the most important girl in his life.' As if to prove her point she flicked her long golden hair behind her shoulders.

Sakura looked to the sky, as if seeking council for her friends odd mannerisms. 'Who would have thought such a lazy person among us all would be the first to get hitched?' She carefully poured tea into the cups.

'I could never figure it out. They always had something for each other though.' Ino shrugged nonchalantly. 'In a way it's nice, not to always be surrounded by both the guys, but I guess I'm used to them in a way too, you know?'

'I hear you, but then since we all became Jounin, we haven't had much time to begin with. Not to mention meds are on their way.' Both women were mutually expressive on this latter thought. Working under the Hokage for years had prepared them well for their upcoming exams, yet the rumours were still enough to upset even the best student.

'Well, either way we have time don't we? It's still a while away. You don't always have to be the bearer of bad news Sakura. I always hated your practicality.' Ino gave her friend a dirty look.

'Well we can't always talk about you can we? You're so self-involved,' she retorted, light eyes blazing. Childish banter is the mark of a friendship that runs deep and strong, and is subject to annual floods. A recent flood had passed the cause of which had been a new emerald kimono gown. Sakura had wanted it to complement the her eyes, while Ino had wanted it because she had allegedly seen the article of clothing first. Needless to say, neither one owned the wretched kimono, for it say the final light of it beings before being shredded by two vicious pairs of claws. These arguments, subject to continual floods and repairs, would continue in this universal cycle, when it came to the relationship of the girls.

The summer air blew about erratically, humid and heavy. Ino lifted her gaze and observed a figure running towards their patio table. 'Sakura it's your lover.' Puzzled her friend looked up and considered a shape in the distance. It was Konoha's blue beast, Rock Lee, in his leaf coloured attire.

Halting in front of their table, Lee bent forward on his knees to catch his breath. 'What the matter Lee, what's with the huge rush?' Sakura inquired without wanting to actually find out. Ino passed him a glass of water, which he gulped down with his trademark ferocious yet felicitous manner. When recovered, he began his soliloquy,

'Hello, my youthful friends! May I compliment you Sakura-chan on how divine you are looking today? Your dress suits your youthful vivacity and increases your youthful aura! Ino-chan you look nice as well.' The latter pursed her lips at being less attended too among the two, while Sakura attempted to interject Lee, or less leave him to begin on his long and useless tirades. However cumbersome he became though, her womanish vanity of course was pleased, especially when being the one complimented against Ino's rivalled beauty.

'I spotted you lovely flowers having lunch all alone, in the company of each other and I thought I would stop by to praise you Sakura on your eternal good looks. Of course I cannot stay long, as I am taking a short break from my usual self-invoked training. I have just completed two-hundred laps around Konoha. Three-hundred more to go and I can actually begin my real training.'

Both girls sighed in unison, expecting the expected from their friend and never disappointed. Meanwhile, Ino had been observing Lee in a manner unusually keen. Her brows angled downwards signaled that she had concocted a plan in their mind, which she was waiting to be given the opportunity to launch into action.

'Have a seat Lee. I'm sure you can have a cup of tea with the girls' right?' She motioned to a vacant chair next to Sakura. Lee unsuspecting accepted the invite, while Sakura's questioning eyes landed on her friend. 'Sakura, when does your shift start?'

'At seven pm.'

'It's only 3 o'clock now. I don't have to be at the flower shop until evening for closing. I was thinking why not take Lee along on this date of ours. Besides we're pretty much done eating aren't we?' Sakura by now knew the clockwork of her friends mind.

'Sounds like a good idea to me.' Lee had only registered to have just seated himself, before he was forcibly yanked by two very excited women, and sandwiched between them to be marched along. The server returned to an empty table. Glancing down, he picked up his tip.

~~%~~

The wind blew in the tide. Thick, foamy waves met and washed over eager feet, bathing them in sea shells and wet sand. Children with their parents rushed into the fresh water, while lovers walked hand in hand along the sea. Yellow rays glittered across the waters, refracting into the deep blue; seagulls singing deeply flew overhead. They were attracted to the scent of fish food at the harbour front.

A woman of slender build, and plentiful bust daintily walked away from the shore of the sea, clearing a well used path into the small harbour town that ran behind it. One could tell her apart easily as a foreigner, her pale features clashing against the tan skins of the people of the Water Country. A kind smile played on her lips as she surveyed her busy surroundings. Fishermen bargained fresh salmon to obstinate women pressing for lower prices; couples sampled fresh sushi, tekkadon, and tempura from food stalls savouring the after taste. Families set up their own picnics creating make-shift ovens on heated rocks to roast their meat and cook their vegetables. The pungent aroma of raw fish, the warm sensation of steamed rice, and the spicy tang of wasabi and crisp trail of shrimp wafted in the air. It was a homey atmosphere on this Friday evening.

'Amaya-san!' A rough voice called out from stall in front. Amaya turned her head, a gentle breeze moving through her locks. She walked towards the stall-owner. 'Konbanwa, Tetsuya-san. How was the catch this evening?'

'It fared well, my dear. I see you're enjoying the sea again today. However, you are always alone Amaya-san. Do you never become lonely?' The middle-aged man's brow creased in paternal concern.

'There is little time to become lonely for those who are forever busy. I was taking a break from my usual chores, unfortunately, to which I was on my way to returning but you spotted me.' Amaya smiled. 'May I join you for a taste of your ramen? I can never resist.'

Tetsuya beamed at her. 'Why I called you just for that Amaya-san. I haven't seen you in a while, and while we haven't met I was working on the famous special that I hope will sweep this town by its feet. I'm getting better and better, and one day people from all over the ninja country will come to taste my ramen!' His enthusiasm resounded in his deep baritone, dark eyes speaking confidence in volumes. The level of familiarity suggested that they were not strangers to one another, and had struck up an easy friendship. Amaya took a seat at his stall and waited for her meal.

'So how are your classes going Amaya-san? Hama tells me the training is intense but worth the trouble. I worry for her ambitious ways; she is but the child of a fisherman. To be a ninja is difficult, especially for a girl in our town.' Tetsuya expertly chopped vegetables while addressing Amaya in this sombre tone. She did not seem worried for it was often what they spoke of with one another. Amaya would now attempt as she regularly did to dissuade his fears, and let his daughter pursue her path to achieve her goals. However, today it was a different case.

'Hama-chan is a strong-willed girl. She is reckless at times, but not to cause additional worry to anyone. It is my regret that I cannot stay to watch over her, and watch her grow as I have these past years. I am returning to my home country. I was meaning to tell you my last class with the girls was today, and I'm happy to say that they have excelled beyond my hopes, especially your daughter. God-willing she will become a great kunoichi. Though I am not one myself, I hope my small-meagre training provided a good start to her bright future.'

She had stopped hearing the quiet sounds Tetsuya made when cooking a while ago. His back was turned to her, shoulders slumped. 'This is surprising news. When do you plan on returning?'

'My journey begins tonight. I will be gone by nightfall.' Amaya's lips turned down in sadness. 'I…was not able to tell any of the girls. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to tell them and their parents when I am gone. I do not know if I will be back again.' She watched Tetsuya's body tremble when he picked up his knife again.

In a watery voice he began, 'Well Amaya-san it has been a pleasure these seven years. Everyone will miss you when they are gone, and Hama very keenly. I'll tell everyone after you have departed…I hope you will visit us again someday. Having you in our community made these little girls more unified. We will miss you. And as a parting gift, this special will be one that you will remember for the rest of your life!' This emotional farewell was followed by almost a zealous preparation of ramen; one which Tetsuya-san hoped would be remembered not only as her last one, but as the best.

Amaya was sad at the turn of events. This small town had become her home away from home. She was leaving behind a life that she had created for herself. Her journey back would bring with it the realities of her past life, and its dilemma's. It was however, inevitable – her mission here was completed, and she needed to report back to headquarters. She broke away from this train of thought when the lively scent of ramen entered her nostrils. 'Here you are, Amaya-san!'

Grabbing her chopsticks with a renewed vigour, she said 'Itadikimasu!'

~~%~~

Tenten settled into the hot springs with a deep contented sigh. The onsen was nestled away in a lush hillside surroundings. 'What a long day…ugh travelling with Neji is like racing against the wind. I have to figure something out for the remainder of this mission.'

With this thought she dipped her head into the water, massaging her aching scalp. The two ninja had just that day departed from Konoha on a class-A mission. The land of Rain was their target, which both Jounin would enter by impersonating a rich daimyo couple from the land of Fire. This was the first mission particularly centred on the weapons mistress, pulling all responsibility towards her. It was also her first mission in a long time alongside her treasured teammate, Hyuuga Neji.

Having him as a companion did not make the situation less threatening for her. In fact, he served to have an adverse effect upon her senses, for the man was quite a rigid sort of a person. 'I honestly wish that Lee was here. At least with him around the awkward silences don't seem to prolong themselves.' Tenten lathered her body with soap, scrubbing religiously to remove the dirt and grime from her body. The warm water washed off the mess, rejuvenating her spirit, and relaxing her muscles.

She had a common face, with brown eyes, brown hair and regular features; not by any means a gorgeous woman, she had a charming personality and a very good Kunoichi. Although physically not extremely enticing, Tenten was a disciplined ninja, in whom her sensei and teammates instilled the regular insistence upon hard work. She was also the only weapons mistress in Konoha.

Tenten lifted her body out of the hot springs, tightly wrapped up in a towel, and walked up the steps, and into a hallway. She worked her way through the hall, and standing in front of a room she opened the sliding doors, shutting them close behind her. A lantern hung from the wooden ceiling to light up her room. On the far right side of the room there was a sliding door, on the other side of which was Neji's room. The fusuma allowed for enough privacy between them. Though this spa was but a pit stop on their journey, it was an immaculately well-furnished little place. Quickly she dressed into a pajama and loose t-shirt, leaving her wet hair down to dry. Just then, a knock came from the other side of the door.

'Tenten, are you done?'

'Yes.'

'Good, come to my room and have some tea. The server brought it in just now.'

The mention of tea lead Tenten to realize how famished she was. She shuffled quickly into Neji's room and settled herself hastily in front of the delicious array of food stuffs accompanying the ritual tea. In front of her Neji mechanically poured the soothing liquid in two different cups, while she looked over the appeasing Tonkatsu donburi, and gyudon, as well as the fried rice, noodles and sushi. She served herself the Katsudon, and tempura. Neji sat quietly and sipped his tea.

'Did you eat already?'

'Yes. I was waiting for you for some time now.' His damp hair was tied in his usual pony tail, and tucked securely behind his ears. He was dressed in a plain white kimono, a picture of perfection. Tenten gulped down her first morsel, setting the chopsticks aside to take a sip of her tea.

'It's a nice place this hot spring. Thank god we stopped here for the night.'

'It'll be the last one I'm sure for this mission, until we're on our way back. The terrain gets rougher from here. We have to make it to the village at least in time for the ceremony that takes place there every year, in the officials favour.'

Tenten knew that Neji was going to fall into the particulars of the mission again, and did not want to fall into the lull of techniques, plans, and tactical reasoning. 'We already discussed this. First, let's focus on how to get to the Hidden Village. The closer we get, the more important the rest of the matters become.'

'You need to learn to plan more Tenten, anything can go wrong.' Neji looked to his right, listening to the changing weather outside. 'It's going to rain. It was sunny this morning and now rain - so like weather, everything in our plans can also change.'

'We travelled a lot to today…hopefully the weather clears by tomorrow. How far do we have to cover, and where is our second stop going to be?' Tenten wrestled with her Tempura, smashing it in between her teeth noiselessly, simultaneously reaching for another one.

'Well if we clear enough ground, we should stop at an old baachans house on the way there. She's apparently the best fortune-teller in all the land of fire. Of course, I don't believe in such ridiculous tales. The point is that she lodges for travelers. From there I think there is about a week more of travelling that needs to be done.'

Tenten's interest was piqued by the mention of the an old lady. 'Why is she considered the best?'

Neji turned to face her and looked straight into her eyes. 'Apparently she can tell you about what your worst fear is…and if it's going to consume your life.'

After a light pause, the girl casually replied, 'Well, that's not really that important. I'm not really scared of anything when I think about it…except a lack of food.' She smiled and giggled at her own joke, resuming her dinner. The conversation flowed from here for a bit as she inquired about his regular training. Gradually the only sounds left were the ones Tenten was making while munching on her food.

'This is going to be a long mission.' She sighed long and deep.

~~%~~

Naruto yawned loudly, wiping the water from his eyelid. The sun around him fell low into the sky, casting deep orange shades over the tree tops. He decided that guard duty was not the most entertaining occupation in Konoha. He was the sentinel in charge, waiting for the arrival of an important personage, of whose identity the Hokage had not indicated in the slightest. To make matter worse, it was getting dark and he was hungry.

'Hm dobe, how long are we going to wait?'

'Dunno. My eyes hurt and I want some Ichiraku ramen. The old man said there was a special tonight. Tsunade-bachan really must have been angry today to give her favourite student such a horrible mission.' Naruto pouted, only to settle back into the branch. A loud, angry sound erupted from his stomach.

'Tch, dobe, you'll never change.' A raven haired man was seated on Konoha's stone wall fortress behind the tree. Naruto's animated face peered at him through the darkness.

'Shut up teme! Who asked you to be here anyways? Why don't you go bother Sakura or something, like you never do but always want to.'

'Your face is enough to accomplish that dobe,' answered Sasuke. He sat still as a statue.

'Sakura-chan loves me unlike you, Sasuke-teme. Besides you're not doing anything, go get me some ramen.'

'You're a loser, dobe.' Sasuke lightly shifted his head to avoid the pine cone headed in his direction. 'Tch, your aim is wide. You need to train more.'

'Ha, don't make me laugh. I'm stronger than you Sasuke-teme, believe it!'

While the two friends argued, a shadow passed slowly in the streets behind them. A beggar chid ran walked into the town square playing a bamboo flute. Light and feathery, delightful notes flew through the air, sad but hoping, melancholy yet wistful. She was a grimy and dirty little girl, a creature of filth, forlorn on the street. Tattered robes were big on her emaciated body. She put aside her flute and dropped a piece of cloth on the ground. Then, she resumed playing.

A small crowd gathered around her, some only staying to donate, others just to listen to her song. Many turned away from her, clearly avoiding her path. Many cast her hateful glares, and remarks. These public shows of disgust portrayed the lack of understanding and sympathy among many. A man standing not far off spit out a dark mass, while he observed the little girl. The creases in his forehead strengthened as he glared her. Slowly, he sauntered slowly towards her direction.

A little way from this is scene was a masked figure leaned against the wall, reading a book. By the light in his eyes on could tell that he was immersed in the tale.

'Kakashi you're really disgusting,' Anko said while munching gracelessly on a plateful of dumplings. 'Can't get it for real can you?'

Kakashi lifted his head and beheld the girl with a delicately arched eye brow. 'You have sauce, underneath your eye.' Undaunted, Anko wiped her face leaving a large stain on her brown jacket, continuing voraciously with her food. 'What are you doing here anyways?'

'Why? Are you too high and mighty to speak to me?' She gulped down her dumpling noisily. Kakashi watch her quietly.

'It seems like you want to tell me something.' He settled back into his prior occupation.

'Yeah I do, but only if you want to listen.' Swallowing the last of the dumplings she walked towards the copy-ninja and reaching out smeared the leftover sauce into the middle of the page. 'And now you will,' she added none too gently. Kakashi sighed in resignation.

'What is it?'

'There's a mission.'

'And what exactly do I have to do with it?'

'Shut up and listen. That Hyuuga girl is coming back today. I hear the power balance is going to shift again. Her clan has planned her marriage already, and that too without her consent. The poor idiot.' Anko scratched the side of her neck. 'And it's with the son of the leader Hidden Village of Sound.'

Kakashi observed his purple haired companion more closely. 'Tsunade doesn't really care for politics…she wouldn't put a Kunoichi in a situation like that. Besides what good does it really do for us?'

'Ah, but it does. The Hyuuga girl is a Princess right? What was her name? Hinata or something? Anyways Kurenai tells me that her father doesn't really care for her. The point being, she's a weak little shit so why not use her to balance the problems that we've been having with the Rice Country since the end of the ninja war?' Anko had been picking her teeth for the interval of this explanation. Satisfied that they were clean, she flicked the toothpick at Kakashi who languidly moved aside to dodge it. 'You know how marriages work. At least to the world it shows that progress is happening, even though its a senseless symbol representing our so called unity with other Hidden Villages.'

'So…the Hokage wants to strengthen the political ties; I get it. But what does that have to do with you ruining my book?'

'Like I said, there is a mission and you and I are the leaders for it. The girl can't find out the plans, but she'll be informed about it when we're in the Country of Rice. It's an escort mission under the guise of an infiltration mission. And for the first time in your life, do not be late, or it won't be pretty. I'm not going to take your bullshit like the rest of them.' Anko smirked, bringing her hand to rest on the side of her hip, jutting her chest out. 'It'll be fun working with you.'

Kakashi observed her mutely. Mitarashi Anko was someone who exuded confidence until it reeked from her like a foul smelling perfume. She was loud, and she was brash. To a psychologist's eye it would seem as if this was a façade to cover up a mountain of insecure, emotionally unstable thoughts. To Kakashi's eye, it was just plain annoying. 'I'm not sure I want to say the same.'

Anko's lips tightened. Underneath his mask Kakashi smirked. Suddenly, he closed the distance between them. Anko moved back as he leaned forward. His hand slowly made its way up to her face, landing on a smooth, supple cheek. Gently but surely he wiped a red smear underneath her eye. With an inch to spare, he breathed out. 'You didn't quite get all of that.'

Her self-assured stance fell apart as she swatted his hand away from her burning cheeks, taking two steps back. 'Geez Kakashi, warn a girl before you open your mouth.' She crossed her arms in a defensive position and peered at him, willing herself to calm her beating heart. She was angry at herself for reacting so easily.

'Well I meant to wipe your face clean of the red sauce. But I think I just made it worse.'

Anko back straightened as she registered his statement. She blushed harder in embarrassment. 'You're a pig, Hatake. Get out of my face.'

Kakashi chuckled in satisfaction. 'When do I meet you?'

'At dawn, at the northern gates. We leave in two weeks time.'

Before they could continue their talk, a loud shrill cream caught their attention. Immediately, both Jounin straightened and turned in the direction of the commotion. The child who had been playing the flute was now being yanked by the hair and lifted off the ground. The man aforementioned was the cause for this distress. A kunai delicately rested on her neck, a clear threat to anyone who stood in the crowd with enough bravery to save the child. Both ninja joined Naruto and Sasuke, making a barrier between him and the crowd.

'What's going on here Naruto, Sasuke?'

Naruto cracked his hands in distress. 'Chh, someone needs to teach this old man a lesson. I was guarding the gates with Sasuke-teme, I don't know what happened.'

'Tch dobe you should have sensed this beforehand.' Sasuke stood with one arm hanging and the other resting at his side looking sharply at the disruptive male.

'Shut up, teme. You didn't sense the bastard either did you? Hey old man! Let the girl go or you're going to get a knuckle sandwich!'

The drunkard only pressed harder at the girl's neck eliciting a fearful scream from her. 'Naruto stop talking!' Kakashi commanded, his hand reaching for a kunai all the while continuing to analyze the situation.

'You there, what's the problem?'

'This little bitch is going to die today and it's all going to be your fault, you dirty kitsune mongrel!' The captivator spit out chunks of tobacco while talking. Naruto's lips parted to reveal a visceral row of fanged teeth. The man continued. The manner of his speech dictated a suppressed rage.

'People feel bad for this stupid little slut, playing a flute when I gotta' work seven days a week and get no mercy from you stupid villagers!' His eyes turned into slits through which his polluted gaze perceived the world. Being a working class man, he was driven mad by hunger and lack of empathy from his fellow villagers. The charity bestowed upon the child served to entice his hatred of the villagers.

'Why are you targeting the girl? She's just like you, poor and hungry. How about you let her go and I'll cut you a deal?' Anko stood tensely with her hands jammed in her pockets. The villagers had all retreated far away from the scene by now, allowing the Jounin to understand and handle the situation.

'If you're in the package, I wouldn't mind,' he answered, leering at her. Anko bristled in disgust.

'You wish, lecher!' She took a step forward threateningly. The man in turn pressed the kunai harder to his captive's throat, tearing her skin. Red blood oozed out. He covered the girl's mouth to still her hysterical screams. Kakashi quickly covered Anko, forcing her to step away.

'Anko, control yourself!'

'Shut up Kakashi, let me handle this!'

'I'll handle this myself,' murmured Sasuke, tired of waiting. Just as he began to inch forward, the wind picked up force. All four jounin sensed the presence of another. A sharp and quick noise erupted and rippled through their ears.

The drunkard was sprawled on the ground, passed out cold next to the little girl. She sat rigidly, while tears fell from her eyes. She looked up when a gentle palm rested on her head. Her dark eyes were reflected on light orbs. A woman stood before her in kimono, her hair falling in waves, rippling down her back.

'Daijoubu desuka?' Her voice reminded the child of wind chimes.

'H…hai.'

Before the conversation could continue, Anko's robust tunes rose to life again. 'Well, well, well…' She clapped her hands showing mock appreciation for the rescue. 'And who exactly are you?'

A petite woman observed all four ninja quietly. Then she smiled, bowing to them. 'Hyuuga Hinata.'

~~%~~
Chapter end notes: Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've written anything for this site. I hope that this story will become popular with the passage of time. This first chapter is only a cursory glance for what I have in mind. As I mentioned in the summary this is a story that will revolve primarily around the Kunoichi of not only Konoha but other villages as well. The approach is not strictly feminist, but rather I want to portray a vision from the eyes of many of the female ninja's in the Naruto world. This is as much romance as it is adventure, so these genres will intertwine.

I will list the pairings for you now, so as not to mislead anyone who dislikes what I like, or is waiting without any due for something that may never happen here. Mains for now are NaruHina, ShikaIno, SasuSaku, and NejiTen. The four main Kunoichi are covered but there is much more to come as the story progresses.

As usual feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated. Happy reading :)

MagykTales