TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Live Or Die by HanaBlossom

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The snow melted beneath my feet as I took each step. It wasn't cold against my bare skin even though it should be, I was used to it. My whole life I haven't worn shoes, what kid on the street does. People walked passed me everywhere I went without a glance my way. Though when they did glance at me they had those cold eyes that I knew were telling me to disappear. I wasn't going to though, I wasn't going to give them what they wanted, never.

Winter was never long in the Hidden Mist Village, it stayed for a month and then Spring came. I hated springtime. The flowers that would bloom carefree without any worries in the world, I though of them as ugly. My favorite season was Autumn. The leaves would crumble and fall, soon the trees would be bare and lonely...just like me. I'm bare and lonely. But even though I'm lonely, I don't need anyone to be there for me, I could take care of myself. My food, my baths, my shelter, my knowledge, I took care of it all on my own. There was no one to help me.

It was early in the morning, my guess would say around five a.m, so walking down the street it was kind of abandoned. No one was out. No movements no sounds. It was just how I liked it. I stepped into the pile of snow and my foot sank, it felt good. I could stand there forever, it wasn't cold, it was nice and the feeling stirred throughout my body.

When people talked to me they never had something nice and cheery to say, the only words I ever hear directed towards me.. they've become special words. "You child, get out of here, we have no need for someone with such a cold soul," one man said to me yesterday. I responded with a smile and bowed before him. I wasn't going to be like them, I'll have my revenge in a different way. I'll make them think they do not get to me.

Someone woke up, as I stepped through the snow making a one way path, they came outside to open their shop. It was the Ramen shop, they always opened up the earliest so that they wouldn't miss any customers. I went by everyday yearning for a taste of their Ramen, hot warm soup. Maybe it would warm my cold soul.

I took out all of the money I had from my pocket and counted. Twenty-five, fifty, seventy-five, a dollar. I only had a dollar. That wasn't going to be enough, I sighed and kept walking, putting the money back in my pocket. Looking around to find some full dumpsters with some food in them was tiring, going down every alley way and being disappointed. I was starving but couldn't find anything so I decided to go hunt in the woods.

The woods were still dark, the snow piled on top of the trees blocking out the sunlight, I looked up at the tree tops for a couple minutes just wondering what it would be like to be a tree, they never get to discover the world around them, all they do is sit there and swing to the breeze.

I took a step forward and touched the tree in front of me, closing my eyes, trying to feel the trees thoughts. The tree rustled and snow fell. I took my hand away, somehow I knew it didn't want to be touched by the likes of me. My soul was too cold and lonely. I walked away from that tree wondering if it too was lonely. It may have it's friends beside it but all it can do is sway in one spot. It must get boring.

I felt a drop of water on my skin, it had started to sprinkle but I could barely feel it being under the trees. Rain calmed me and I loved the sound of it so I hurried and found some out of season berries on a bush and plucked some off, throwing them in my mouth and licking my lips. Berries were so good, especially when starving.

After eating the berries I turned to my right and started running. I had a special place where I loved to go. It was on a hill where a cherry blossom tree bloomed every day no matter what season.

As I came to the hill and ran up it I stumbled over a tree root sticking out from the ground beneath the snow, catching my balance again I picked up a cherry blossom that had fallen and flew to the side of the hill. It was a bright pink, I found it beautiful.

The rain started to pour down now and as I walked up the hill I raised my arms in the air, looked up, and closed my eyes. Slowly I began to dance and spin, feeling like nothing could touch me, I was invincible. But I stopped as I felt someones eyes glare down at me. Opening my eyes I could see no one, I looked harder and then I saw a boy, he looked around thirteen. His hair was red and he had the same eyes as I did. Lonely and suffering. There was sand surrounding him and I got a glance at his headband. He was from the Hidden Sand Village.

"What were you doing just then," he asked. His arms were crossed but his gaurd was up. The sand seemed to be coming out of the gourd on his back. I wondered who he was and what he was doing in the Hidden Mist Village. "What do you mean? When I was dancing?" I replied. The rain was going strong but it didn't seem to be touching him. He was under too many trees I guess. "You looked happy..why is that? You have the same eyes as me, you should not feel happiness," he answered. "Happy.. I was not happy, I was calm and peaceful. In this world happiness does not come as easy as to dance in the rain, do not mistake it," I said following with a glare. How dare he think I was happy, he had no clue.

"What is your name?" He asked. "When asking someone their name you should introduce yourself first," I replied. What was I supposed to tell him? I had no name? I began to frown and slowly my gaze was averted to the ground.

"She has no name, this child has a cold soul," said one of the Black Ops that had just appeared. What were the Black Ops doing here? I scrunched my nose and bit down on my lip, clenching my fists, I grew angry. They had no right to treat me like nonsense. Blood seeped from my lip and dripped onto the white snow covered in cherry blossoms. As the blood dripped it has covered a blossom right beneath me, turning it red. No longer could that blossom be beautiful, it was tainted.

"Gaara of the Sand, we will need you to come with us," another Black Ops said. "Fine," the boy said and left with them as quick as I could take a breath. I looked up at the sky, a lightening bolt struck as I did, lighting up the whole sky. "So.. his name is Gaara," I whispered. I wiped the blood off from my lip and began walking back down the hill. I had the rest of the day ahead of me to do whatever I wanted.

I went to the training grounds that the ninja's used and watched them from between two trees. There was one ninja in the middle and then about ten surrounding him. The man in the middle I believe was Ao. He was one of the highest ranking ninjas in the Hidden Mist Village. I could also see Chojuro in the distance, he was the same as Ao, one of the highest rank

I sighed and walked away, I needed to get stronger. I would make the whole village recognize me like they recognize my Father and one day maybe I would find him. Either way I had to get strong first before I did anything.

I set off for a place where no one was and quietly started training myself, there was no time to fool around.ing ninjas in the village.