TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Abysmal by Hazard, Shizake Uchiha

[Reviews - 61]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey guys Shizake here with the next chapter. Me and Hazard will be switching off every chapter as well as switching with the P.O.V's. Hope you enjoy!
Chapter 2- Meet n Greet: The first Mission
(Hayai's P.O.V)

Today was my first day joining the P.I unit. I was finally going to be able to go more in depth into who,what,when,where,why,and how a murder took place. My commanding officer told me I was very good at these type of things so he recommended me for the P.I. I was told I landed a position in the P.I unit. Well there was only one other person in the P.I unit and I was meeting him today.

I was summoned early, about seven o' clock. I put on my usual ANBU outfit and slipped on my dragon mask. I grabbed my sheathed katana's and put them on in an x formation on my back. I was then out the door and on my way to the Hokage's office.

After about a thirty minute walk I made it inside and strode into the Hokage's office. I bowed to lord Hiruzen as we waited for my partner to show up. Before I knew it a jounin in his mid twenties casually stepped into the office, giving lord Hiruzen a bow. His name was Gatsuuga Hyouro, the captain of the P.I unit. Hiruzen began briefing us on our mission but something caught my eye. When the Hokage mentioned I would be working with Gatsuuga, something changed in his eyes. He gave me a look that said, " I don't trust anyone, so don't get in my way." I shrugged to myself and continued to listen to lord Hiruzen.

The Hokage was done briefing and handed Gatsuuga the scroll that contained the mission specifics. I curiously looked over Gatsuuga's shoulder and he instantly noticed, stating, "I'll let you see it, just a second." To which I responded with,

"Sorry. I'm just new to this and would like to see the mission that's all." A few minutes passed by of him glancing through the scroll then finally he handed it to me to look over. We were to conduct a small investigation of a small village just south of the hidden leaf village. Apparently there have been some disturbances.

Lord Hiruzen explained that he wanted the problem solved quickly and wants all the details once it's complete. You know, the normal mission details.

Gatsuuga turned to me and stated, " Hey you don't need that mask anymore. It's ok to show your face." I thought about this for a second, usually an ANBU isn't supposed to reveal their identity. But my mask would reveal which village I am from so I only thought it was logical not to wear it. I removed it and noticed a little surprise in Gatsuuga's eyes as he mumbled something to himself. As usual I shrugged it off.

"I expect you two to cooperate. I don't want this to end up like your last partnership Gatsuuga." The Hokage stated.

" Oh we'll be safe. I plan to have us leave by tonight, if that's ok with you." Gatsuuga remarked bluntly.

"You two are dismissed." Hiruzen says as he motions for us to leave

I was still glancing at the scroll when Gatsuuga stopped me and asked, "What has your attention?"

"Well, this is unlike any mission I've received in the ANBU." I reply. " Most missions are assassinations of some sort, never something quite vague as an investigation. We aren't even given helpful leads only hints it seems."

"Hmm, anyways, welcome to the wonderful world of investigation. We won't know what we're up against until we actually see it. Meet me by the front gate at 4pm, that's when we'll depart." He responds.

"Sounds good." I say as I leap on top of a roof and take off home to prepare.

I went back home and prepared my ninja tools and what not. Loaded up on some summoning scrolls and ate nothing more than a piece of toast. I wasn't very hungry, just a bit curious as to see what we're truly dealing with. I set my alarm for 3:45pm and took a quick nap before we set off for our mission.

Time flies by quick, my alarm was going off and I woke up and slammed the damn thing off. "I need a new alarm clock." I thought to myself as I left my apartment and headed to the front gates to meet Gatsuuga. Again, I was there before he so I posted up on a wall, crossed my arms and casually waited for him to appear. After a few minutes of waiting, Gatsuuga showed up remarking that I was here early. We both strode out the front gate and were off to complete our mission.

It was quiet on the path to the southern fire country, finally he broke the silence by asking me, "How did you get transferred to the P.I unit?"

"Well I've always been curious when it comes to problem solving. I guess it finally paid off. My captain recommended me for the unit anyways." I replied

"Hmm ok, just don't get in my way...Usually I don't trust outsiders like yourself." He sharply commented.

Looks like my notions were right. He doesn't trust to many, but I see how that comes with the territory of doing these missions. It takes a lot of guts to investigate murders and what not. I just hope he can trust me enough to not abandon me.

"How did you become the captain of the P.I sector anyways?" I inquired.

"I believe that's a story best left untold." He responded coldly.

I decided it was time to shut my trap as I let out a sigh and kept walking towards southern fire country. My life was going to get a whole lot interesting from here on out. Especially with this guy around.