TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Abysmal by Hazard, Shizake Uchiha

[Reviews - 61]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sup everybody! Here's the first actual chapter here by us, so without further a due, the story.
Chapter 1- The Assignment
(Gatsuuga’s P.O.V)
I walk into the P.I sector of the kage tower at 7 am that morning to go get briefed like I did every morning when getting a new case. Even though the war has ended there are still plenty of stragglers holding out and rogue shinobi to deal with. That’s where I come in. Just yesterday I finished another solo mission on investigating a homicide case in a small rural country town. Deaths included 3 children, 2 boys and a girl, and the mother and father. I figured out that it was arson and they were burned alive in their sleep along with the house. The cause? I narrowed it down to one of the likely raids from a rogue group of shinobi that was passing through.

Today was quite pleasant, except for the fact I would have a partner on this mission. The details are unknown, but working with somebody in these kinds of situations are much different than standard shinobi work. First, you actually have to get to know the person and trust them to an extent. Second, It’s not necessarily your combat skills you’re using, but more of logical reasoning and negotiating. I’m going to be seriously pissed if I’m given some blockhead as a partner.

I walked into the Sandaime’s office swiftly to see the man smiling back at me with someone in a mask already in the room.

“ Hello Gatsuuga. I was most pleased about the report you handed in about the arson case. Most informative. Anyways, you will be working with Hayai Sutoraiki, a transfer from the ANBU in an investigation of a small village south of here that has been having some disturbances.” Said the 3rd Hokage.

I walked over to retrieve the scroll and look it over. I noticed my new partner was peeking over my shoulder to look at it as well.

“ I’ll let you see it, just a second.” I stated to my overly curious partner.

“ Sorry. I’m just new to this and would like to see the mission. That’s all.” Hayai replied.

“ Ok, here ya go.” I say as I hand him the scroll.

“ Good, now that you’re all acquainted I want to add something in. I expect you to take your time with this. There has been a lot of weird activity around that general area, and we can’t just send in a normal team. The reason I picked you two was you both can hold your own in combat and are more skilled in problem solving. I want this conflict resolved when your done and to know all the details.” Hiruzen stated.

“ Hai.” Hayai and I reply back in unison.

I turned towards Hayai and said, “ Hey, you don’t need that mask anymore. It’s ok to actually show your face.”

“ Very well.” Hayai replied as he removes the ANBU mask to reveal a young adult, but no more than 21.

“ Great, I get a damn kid with no experience.” I mumbled sarcastically to myself.

“ I expect you two to cooperate. I don’t want this to end up like your last partnership Gatsuuga.” Hiruzen interrupted.

“ Oh, we’ll be safe. I plan to have us leave by tonight, if that’s ok with you?” I state then ask Hayai.

“ Fine by me.” Hayai bluntly states.

“ Ok then, you two are dismissed.” Hiruzen declared as he motions for us to leave.

I walked out of the office with Hayai in tow, still looking attentively at the mission scroll.

We get outside finally and I ask him, “ So what has your attention?”

“ It’s unlike any mission I received in the ANBU. Most missions were assassinations of some sort, never something quite vague as an investigation. We aren’t even given any helpful leads, only hints it seems.” Hayai points out.
“ Welcome to the wonderful world of investigation. We won’t know what were up against until we actually see it. Anyways meet me by the front gate at 4 pm, that’s when we’ll depart.” I respond back.

“ Alright.” Hayai answers as he leaps off to somewhere else in the village.

I decided I would go back to my apartment and pack my bag then make a fruit salad and some tea. I would want something pleasant to leave on in my stomach. I still couldn’t shake the idea to why I was given an emotionless ANBU to deal with as a partner. I had never had a good history of working with others, and this mission was high ranking. Somebody with little or no experience in this field shouldn’t be doing A rank investigations.

“ Guess I’ll just have to tough it out I suppose.” I chuckle to myself as I start to make my way through downtown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter end notes: If you noticed it was Hazard writing this to get things started. Shizake will be doing the next chapter from his OC's views. Well hope you enjoyed it, Hazard out.