TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


"Of your dreams?" | Kiba Inuzuka Love Story | by Isoide

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

I'm sorry for taking forever to update! I just had a lot going on at school. I hope this chapter is enjoyable! Please do leave a few words of feedback, I'd appreciate it greatly. <3

Enjoy~


Chapter 2

Kiba's skin was gently heated by the more-than-welcome sun light of the spring-sun overhead as he leaned his head back, taking in a deep breath. His feral eyes darted to the giggling girl beside him, a smile involuntarily making it's way to his lips.

I didn't think that actually happened to people that often,” she stated between giggles, her voice flowing through his ears like milk and honey.

I'm telling you, it's happened to almost every male member of my family. For some reason, our dogs just like to challenge us for our significant other,” he chuckled “but don't worry, if I end up liking you enough, I'll protect you from Akamaru.”

I feel safer already,” she joked, playfully nudging her shoulder against Kiba's arm.

The duo found themselves at a small, local dog park in one of the more peaceful parts of Sogno, New York. If it wasn't for Akamaru running off to sniff other dogs tushes in a friendly greeting, Kiba would've never started talking to this twenty something, with these vibrant green eyes and golden rod blonde hair.

He wasn't complaining.

His gaze went back to look out at the park full of dogs before him. The large snow white Akita Inu was, of course, relaxing under a large tree after sniffing all the available behinds out there – apparently, none of them caught his attention.

Which one is yours?” Kiba asked, nodding his head out towards the dogs.

"The smallest of the puppies over there,” she responded, pointing towards said group of puppies, her smile sounding through her words. “The grey Kintamani."

Kiba let out a light 'ahh' sound, before swiveling his gaze back to the girl that was currently sipping her, what Kiba assumed to be, blueberry flavored boba tea. “What's his name?”

She let out a quiet laugh, setting her drink on the ledge behind them. “A friend of mine insisted that I name him Mokutan because, supposedly, his fur is the shade of charcoal,” she shrugged “I thought it was adorable, so I went along with it.”

Makes you want to wonder how you ever became friends with your closest ones,” Kiba paused for a moment, something finally dawning on him “I think it's weird that we've been here for probably 20, 30 minutes,” Kiba began, glancing down at his wrist watch before looking back up at her “And I still don't know your name.”

She let out a light laugh before taking in a small breath.

Just as she was about to utter her name, Kiba's image of her, the park, the dogs, everything slowly started to fade along with the noises that surrounded him.

He forced his eyes to open and close repeatedly as his vision only got worse.

Hey, can you see everything alright or is it just me?” Kiba asked, slowly starting to panic as he noticed that she seemed completely unfazed.

Just as everything finally went black, the last thing he saw was her bright green eyes looking over at him, paired with a happy, genuine smile.

IYD*

Kiba woke up with a start, his eyes darting through the darkness of his room. After a few moments, he finally realized that everything that played through his mind was only a dream.

The same dream that he's been having for the last two days.

Kiba let out a groan as his hand flopped over his eyes, shielding them from the sunlight that filtered through his windows into his moderately sized bedroom.

I guess going to talk to Shino didn't help one bit,” he thought to himself, pulling the blankets over his head fully, preparing to go back to sleep.

Just as her was approaching the doorstep of sleep-land, a loud, obnoxious noise pierced it's way through Kiba's ears. Flinging his blanket from off of his warm body, Kiba glared at his alarm clock, attempting to send it into the depths of hell with his mind.

It didn't work this time.

Today is not going to be my day,” he thought bitterly, slugging his way into his restroom.

It's not that he considered the dream he was having to be a complete utter nightmare. It's just the thought of it always ending, right before he gets to the good part that took it's toll on his mind.

Finally inside the restroom, he took a few sniffs of his underarms before 'hmm'ing contently, deeming it alright to go without a shower this morning.

Besides, girls like that musky, manly smell,” he thought to himself, squeezing out the toothpaste onto his dark blue toothbrush.

As he counted how many times he brushed across his top row of teeth mentally, several potential outfits ran through his mind, each having some sort of flaw or feature that wasn't worthy of being worn to his interview.

Kiba stopped almost immediately, finally realizing exactly what his itinerary had for him today.

Oh, that's right. He had an important interview at one of the top expressway companies, Maeda Express, it's only real competition being Uchiha Express. Of course, those Uchiha's had their little paws in everything that involved money.

Kiba's face scrunched up at the memory of the company's heir, Sasuke Uchiha when they went to the same Junior High School.

Kiba's mind went into a slight frenzy as he turned the water pipe off and sauntered back into his bedroom, slowly waking up completely.

He approached his closet, swinging the doors open beginning to shift between each dress shirt, slacks and tie he owned. At the same time, he went over exactly what he should say to the first person he comes into contact with. Out loud.

Hi. I'm Kiba Inuzuka, I'm here for the interview on the marketing division.” “Hello. I am Kiba Inuzuka, I'm here for the job opening in the marketing division.” “Good Morning! I'm Kiba Inuzuka, I'm here for the interview for the job opening in the market division!”

He paused completely as he let out a frustrated sigh. His usual cocky, confident attitude went out the window when it was actually needed.

I'll just have to wing it,” he said aloud, finally pulling out what he deemed to be an alright outfit, which consisted of a light grey, Military style cardigan, a dark lavender dress up shirt and dark navy blue slacks.

Taking in a deep breath, Kiba slipped on each article of clothing as he stalked around his room gathering everything he thought would be necessary to carry that day.

Taking one last look in the mirror behind his bedroom door, he let out another quiet sigh. “Everything will be fine. There isn't a thing they have to hold against you,” He thought to himself, finally pulling the door open while slipping the blue strap of his messenger bag over his shoulder.

Automatically, Kiba walked into the kitchen flicking the lights on as he set a pot of coffee to start brewing as he reached for Akamaru's food bowl. “Can't let the big guy go hungry all day.”

Kiba's tan hand reached for what he thought was a half full bag of doggie kibbles, while instead, it was a half full carton of spoiled milk. Paying no mind, he poured the substance into the shallow bowl, causing everything and then some to splash onto his cardigan, slacks, and puppy hand printed socks.

Mother-!” he growled as he jumped away from the kitchen counter. “Of course! Damn it all to hell!” he added as he looked down at his now ruined outfit.

He angrily set the carton of milk back onto the counter, still mumbling a few more colorful words as he slowly turning around and out the kitchen, back to square one.

Why don't I just get shocked with lightening now, huh? Just get it over with!”

By the time Kiba chose another outfit that was slightly different from the one he had on before, he was only down to 20 minutes to get from his apartment in North Sogno, all the way to downtown which, mind you, was at least a 45 minute journey by subway.

Once again, grabbing his messenger bag, he hurriedly flew through his bedroom door way, back into the kitchen to get a cup of utterly disgusting black coffee. He didn't have enough time to add his 3 sugars and a dash of cinnamon flavored creamer.

Sending a silent apology to Akamaru, he swung his front door open, grabbing his keys and flying out the door.

This is definitely not going to be my day,” he thought to himself, as he rushed to the subway station doing the best he could to ignore the stench of black coffee that surrounded him.

IYD*

After a long, uncomfortable ride on the subway, Kiba found himself searching through a large directories of where certain buildings are.

His keen eyes went down the list till they landed on what he was looking for exactly. “Maeda Express Co. Building 1330. Floor 13.”

Heaving in a long, deep breath, he made his way to the large elevator to the left of him. He looked down at his silver wrist watch that he received from his sister on his last birthday. “Only 35 minutes late. They won't notice at all,” he mumbled to himself out loud.

Breathe in, breathe out, relax, repeat,” he chanted to himself mentally, feeling all traces of his confidence slowly drain out with each and every step he took.

Which floor are you heading to?” a voice asked him, dragging his attention away from his pitiful morning.

Oh,” he started darting his eyes from the male beside him over to the elevator keys, “looks like we're heading to the same floor.”

Kiba fought back the urge to let out a quiet chuckle. The man looked like he dumped a bottle of silver hair dye all over his head! Not only that, but the man wore a lilac bandanna, that matched his lilac dress shirt, over the lower part of his face.

From the corner of his eye, Kiba could've sworn that he saw a red contact in the mans left eye.

This is definitely what I needed this morning,” He thought to himself, his mood changing slightly for the better.

The man chuckled. “Then you must be the one who's coming in for the interview. You're late, not a very good way to start off don't you think?”

Kiba shamefully looked down at his feet, his right hand involuntarily raising to scratch the back of his head. “Yeah, this morning didn't go as planned.”

What? Girlfriend forgot to wake you up?”

Kiba choked out a grunt as he peered up to the older man beside him. “I don't have a girlfriend. And no, I just didn't have the chance to eat a proper breakfast.”

Mahh, don't worry about it. The guys in the marketing division are pretty understanding,” the man reassured him with unhidden mirth as he watched the floor numbers change gradually.

Gritting his teeth, Kiba turned his gaze back ahead of him, staring blankly at the silver brushed elevator door.

Here we are,” the man announced as the elevator squealed to a stop. Slinging his bag over his right shoulder, the man plastered a genuinely fake smile onto his alabaster face. “Follow me, I'll bring you to the person you want to meet.”

Kiba did as he was told, his eyes curiously looking around his new, and hopefully permanent surroundings.

"Good morning, Mr. Hatake! Remember you have meeting with Mr. Namikaze right after lunch,” a blonde, blue eyed female behind a receptionist desk chirped out, handing the silver headed man a prepared cup of coffee. “Is that who was supposed to come in earlier this morning?”

Kakashi...Hatake?” Kiba thought to himself, the name ringing several bells in his head.

Kakashi let out a quiet sigh before leaning over the receptionist desk, with Kiba standing behind him silently. He rose a gracious silver eye brow. “Ms. Yamanaka, please do continue with your work, and please do not interfere with mine or any one else's for that matter. Everything that you will need to know will come to you in due time.”

She let out a audible huff before looking over his shoulder at Kiba.

At that, Kakashi stood back into a correct posture, tightened the grip on his warm cup of coffee and continued his stride to the large glass doors in the middle of the office floor.

From the corner of his eye, he looked back at Kiba who was everything but inspecting every single thing that beeped, moved, lit up or spoke.

Stay on your toes, the marketing division world is dog eat dog.”

Kiba's ears perked up as his head sharply turned back towards Kakashi.

Any questions you'd like to ask me before we jump into the pot?” Kakashi chuckled with a serious look on his face.

Didn't you have a partnership with the Uchiha Corporation?”

You sure are blunt aren't you? That's a question that we don't have enough time for me to answer, first things first, meeting Ms. Tsunade,” Kakashi responded, pushing the twin doors open, leading into a large conference room.

Kakashi sauntered in, nodding his head in a silent greeting to the 7 or 8 people that gathered around the table.

Good Morning! I brought the fresh meat!”

Kakashi!” a man dressed clad in a green business suit called back.

God dammit, you're over an hour late Hatake!” Tsunade gritted out, anger purely showing through her eyes. “Hurry up and take a seat.”

Without any objections, Kakashi found his seat beside another silver headed man, although this one being way beyond Kakashi's years.

Kiba found himself standing awkwardly in the doorway, locking gazes with everyone in the room.

Tsunade let out an angered sigh. “Take a seat kid. This isn't high school.”

Kiba nodded his head swiftly before scrambling over to a seat right across from Tsunade.

Perfect. I'm not even hired yet and she already hates me,” he thought to himself, sinking into his chair slightly.

Brat!” Tsunade called, getting Kiba's attention easily. “Introduce yourself.”

Right,” Kiba mumbled, pushing his chair back as he rose from it. Just as he opened his mouth, the glass doors opened once more, this time, with only one person in the doorway.

What happened to getting to work on time?” Tsunade mumbled as she pinched the bridge of her nose. “Where have you been, Koa?”

Kiba's gaze led to the petite woman in the door way as she gently pulled the doors shut.

Forgive me, Ms. Tsunade. I didn't think the meeting I was in earlier would take that long,” she apologized, with a sad smile.

Take a seat,” Tsunade responded, waving her hands in a shoo motion. “Go ahead kid.”

Kiba's eyes followed her as she quickly and quietly made her way to the empty seat beside Tsunade, her bronze like blonde hair gently blowing behind her with every step.

Kiba once again nodded his head, looking back at Tsunade.

I'm Kiba Inuzuka, and I'm here for the interview for the job in the marketing division.” “Breathe in, breathe out, relax, repeat.”