TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Set Fire To The Rain by Tragedy

[Reviews - 5]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Characters= Not Mine
Song= Not Mine Either, But Its Performed By Adele
Hinata had never really danced before. Well, she had danced in her mirror before, but it was all slow titillating movements. And she had “danced” outside in the rain before, but it was really for the sake of training, not for the sake of dancing. And she had danced at important events, village-wise and clan-wise each. But she had never just… danced. Not until tonight. The night after Uzumaki Naruto died.

The hotel she had decided to stay in for the night (she couldn’t quite bring herself to actually go home yet) was a little ways outside Konoha, just far enough to be alone. It had a record player which was good, because they also had her favorite record: Adele 21. After she showered and added the texturizers to her skin and combed out her hair and all and got dressed in her nighttime kimono, she put on the record, and decided to skip to one of her favorite songs, Set Fire to The Rain. She started to sway to the music, and as Adele started to sing, so did she.

I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

A teeny tiny smile graced Hinata’s lips as she increasingly swayed to the music. It had been no secret that Hinata had let Naruto claim her heart, though honestly it took forever for him to realize that he had it. In fact, she had to verbally spell it out for him, when the baka almost died. She physically helped free him, but she liked to think that it was her words that set him off. When he awoke she was on a mission, and they didn’t see each other for months, what with the war going on. A week of fighting and a half of fighting, and the enemy had once again turned the tides in its favor, and her own life was flashing before her eyes when he appeared, crushing those whom had opposed her. Surrounding them in a ring of pure chakra, he did the most surprising, yet most natural thing ever. He kissed her.

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

Her knees gave out on her, causing him to carefully look her over, despite the raging battle surrounding them. he asked her if she was ok and she said yes. He then assigned a clone to stick with her, and smiling briefly, he disappeared into the thick of war.

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

Hinata’s body started dancing more vigorously as her mind continued further down memory lane. She was unconscious when Naruto had transformed into the Kyuubi in his fight vs. pain, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t hear about it. Ino had used one of her family’s jutsu at Hinata’s request and shown her what she had seen. All she knew was that it explained a lot. But, it made her happy. Somehow it all made sense and she realized that Naruto had been a hero since day one.

But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

Her heart on fire, only half from the cardio exercise the dancing was affording her, she was only slightly aware that it was raining outside. At least until the word came up in the song, and now that she thought about it, the tempo of the rain made it seem like it was calling his name. She really wished that she could set the rain on fire.

When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes
Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing gets better


She had found him in those last moments, before he died, just like the last time. But this time, she couldn’t save him, and he had implored of her not to try. Instead they had come upon the mutual agreement that she would instead just lay next to him. And so she did. She lay next him, head on his chest, and ignored the Kyuubi raging somewhere in the background. Or maybe it was over them, she wasn’t sure. Using the last of his strength, Naruto stroked her hair, promising her that everything would be alright, that everything would be ok. She would be safe.

'Cause there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew,
All the things you'd say,
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.


She paused for a second in her dancing; felt obligated to. The memory was strong in her, and she started her dance again from scratch, weaving chakra through the air as she lilted. Naruto had been right of course. He had grown from the village idiot to the village genius... in terms of fighting. His eyes had learned to see more than even her family’s “all-seeing” eyes; he had learned to see people’s souls, and combined with his own good nature and pure heart and bravado, he had learned one last trick. He had intentionally set the Kyuubi free, in order to protect his Nakama, his precious people. And to insure this gain, he imparted HIS conscious into the Kyuubi. And he was right. She had been safe.


But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Well, it felt something died
'Cause I knew that there was the last time, the last time!


Her dance was beautiful, and she knew it was, even with all of her natural insecurities. She gave a small smile, regretting only that he wasn’t here to see it. She knows he would have loved it.


Sometimes I wake up by the door,
That heart you caught must be waiting for you
Even now when we're already over
I can't help myself from looking for you.


Three months pregnant, she couldn’t tell who was looking for Naruto more, her, or their baby. Their soon to be child. One too many nights she had awakened by the door, regained her consciousness to find herself staring out the window. Hinata shook her head. She wouldn’t dwell on that right now, right now was for dancing. But even as she thought that, her eyes came across a picture of Naruto. Naruto had only ever taken four pictures. One, when he had initially passed his test to become a genin, one when he became a part of team 7, a renewal of his ninja’s license, and the one they had taken together when he had proposed to her. A tear welled up in her eye and she wonder if he ever knew that things would play out like this. Some kind of Hollywood horror.

I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name


Unbeknownst to her, Ma the Toad sat outside the window, reminiscing on her own memories as she kept her promise to Naruto to keep watch over his girl and subsequently, his baby. As the song played on, she got an idea, and called for two other toads. In the shadows and away from the windows, she had them perform a jutsu for her, which was really for the girl.


“Chiisai Nagareboshi no Jutsu!” as she called out the name of the technique she wanted them to use, the first toad shot upwards into the sky a spout of oil. The oil in turn, spread outwards and fell back downwards towards the earth in little droplets, blending in with the rain extremely well. However, before it could hit the ground, the other toad sprayed it all down with flames, setting a fire to the rain.


I set fire to the rain,
And I threw us into the flames
Well, it felt something died
'Cause I knew that was the last time, the last time, oh, oh!

Hinata tore her eyes away from the framed picture of herself and her beloved Naruto-kun in time to look out the window. In time to see that her love really had sat fire to the rain. Her dance officially over, she laid herself down and cried herself back to sleep. Again.
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn
Chapter end notes: Taking Song-fic Suggestions