TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


How To Save A Life by Tragedy

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Verse One:

Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk

"Kaka-sensei?"

Though technically, once a sensei, always a sensei, Sakura now found it somewhat hard to consider Kakashi her sensei. Not only because he had not played a major role in her physical training since she was 13(he still somehow managed to handle the psycho-emotional parts pretty well, but because she had started to see things in him that he had never let her see before, as his student. It was exactly why she was telling him that they needed to talk.

"Hn?"

She knew that outside the Hokage's office wasn't the appropriate place for the discusion, but in the eighteen months since Naruto and Sasuke had killed each other, and in turn themselves, she had only ever seen her sensei whenever he was reporting to recieve or give a mission briefing or report. That was a long time.

The deaths of the two young shinobi, so promising had at 19 had not left her without scars, but she had begun to start to make progress, she had started to pick her life back up and put it back together. But Kakashi had not moved passed day one, and it became all the more evident when she gazed into his eye. Most people couldn't but Sakura could read Kakashi as if he were an Academy textbook.

The pain he had been so careful to hide had seeped through like water under a door.

"It's about Naruto and Sasuke. And you and I."

He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through

Kakashi's eye snapped shut and he wavered as he fought to regain some measure of balance before he dared to re-open his eye. Once he did, the pain was gone, hidden behind yet another mask. He smiled softly at her, a smile that wasn't exaclty mocking, but was in no way sincere as he gave her some excuse about not eating since yesterday. She smiles and looks down the hall towards a window.

Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right

She doesn't stop him as he begins to walk in the opposite direction. Her small window closes as he disappears into a poof of smoke.

Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came





Verse Two:

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best

Sakura's on duty at the hospital when she hears that Kakashi has just been rushed in, and she hesitates, not quite sure if she should go see him. Instead, she gathers information on his current situation and discovers that he had overworked himself in training; he fell on a kunai he had been holding. He had been laying there, unable to move due to chakra depletion, when he had been found by an Inuzuka who had smelled the blood. She finally decides to go and see him.

She smiles politely.

Kakashi doesn't look at her as she tells him that he has to be more careful, that he could kill himself for being so careless. He shows no interest in her words, and even goes so far as to pretend to fall asleep on her.

Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence

"I.. know about your team. How they all died."

Kakashi's visible eye twitches involuntarily, and Sakura knows that he hears her as she recounts her knowledge. She recognizes the slightest twitch of his eyebrow, concealed by his hitai-ate covering the other, the smallest downturn of his mouth, so well hidden beneath his mask. Hidden to everyone but her, because she could finally see through him.

Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along

"And you know, it's not your fault. It's not your fault that you survived it all..."

She told him that if he had not been around to teach his students, then his students couldn't have possibly have saved the world.

Her heart felt heavy and her tongue thick. Her words came out kind of funny, even to her ears, and she just hoped that he was hearing what she had really been trying to say.

When she came back the next day, he was gone.

And pray to God, he hears you
And pray to God, he hears you




Verse Three:

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice

Kakashi yanked down his mask, screaming at Sakura, yelling at her and demanding an explination for her intrusion. The place where the mask had been was the only place on his body that wasn't covered in blood.

She stops, his voice ringing in her ears, his actions echoing in her head. He had not even attempted to be clean, he had slaughtered the group of thirty or so bandits that surrounded him.

She averted his gaze, and the Sharingan's as well.

Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed

"Ka- Kaka-sensei, if, if you don't stop, you'll... you'll lose everything. Even me."

Kakashi's head snapped to, and so did the rest of his body. The psychotic expression and mad-man aura he had been displaying suddenly evaporating. Somehow,those simple words had seemed to bring everything home for him. Realization, seemed to hit home, and then he passed out.

He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything

When finally he came to,he layed for a while and gathered his wits about himself. Determining that his head was indeed in Sakura's lap, and that she was indeed still awake despite it being in the middle of the night, he spoke.

"You know, it really wasn't an accident."

Sakura immediately realized that he was referring to his incident with the kunai a little over a month ago, but she did not respond. Eventually he questioned her, rhetorical questions like what did she think happened to those who had died and was a really a good teacher. Questions she was never meant to answer.

Eventually they got up, and though it was the middle of the night, began a trek back to the village. A little ways outside of the gates, he stopped, prompting her to do the same thing.

Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you begin to wonder why you came


"You know, I'm glad you found me." He was disturbed only by the surrounding silence.

"I don't know how to be anyone but me, but Hatake Kakashi. The problem is, I'm not quite myself anymore."

Sakura wasn't surprised when he disappeared into a poof of smoke. The next day she took a vacation to herself, and when she returned, her Sensei's name had been added to the list of recently deceased. She was simply told that he had died on a mission... but the mission hadn't killed him. Her composure finally broke a few minutes later and she ran home crying, lyrics of a song playing through her mind that were way.. to.. close.
To Home.

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life