TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Children Of Today, Rulers Of Tomorrow by Tragedy

[Reviews - 26]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Land a hit on you? Ha! I'll do you one better! I'll beat you up, right Goketsu?!?" Inari loudly proclaimed.

Though they were a team already, they had yet to take their true genin test, and Neji-sempai had just issued it. They were all to land at least one hit on him each.
"Oh? Are you that good?” Neji stoically questioned.
"You betcha!" was the overzealous reply.

"I don’t mean to sound overly confident, but I've watched many spars between my brother and Hiraku," stated Goketsu with a smirk, "Landing a hit on you is no challenge to me."

"I'll say this then," Neji began as he dropped into his fighting stance, "The difference in ability between my son and I is even greater than the difference between your brother, Suna, and you, who yet to even awaken your sharingan. Also, while you can you ninjutsu and any weapons that you may have at your disposal, the hit that qualifies you must be taijutsu. Now, with your intent to kill, come at me!"
________________________________________


Above them on a hill, Ten-Ten had joined Team Lee in watching the exam.

"Wow, Neji must really expect a lot out of these kids, to drop into his battle stance from the get-go," Ten-ten said, slightly astounded.

"Heh. Naah, Dad's just going to torture them. He’s going to test their resolve to be ninja, that’s the real test. And while this will also test their ability and show them how much it needs to grow, he doesn’t expect them any blows. Though he’s the target, they’re the mice and he’s the cat."

"Heh. You know, Hiraku that makes absolutely perfect sense, knowing Neji-kun."
________________________________________


"Wha-what the hell’s going on here?" questioned a highly irritated and somewhat frightened Inari. Sensei had always been so quiet and stoic and stuck up as if something was stuck up his… but now, though he was still quiet, he had seemed to go freaking insane. They had expected him to run and defend but no, he was chasing them. He hit hard too!

Hearing a long series of rustling off to his left, he glanced over just in time to see Goketsu flying through the underbrush.
"What’s the matter, Uchiha?" Neji playfully taunted. "I thought that you’d be able to hit me at least once in the last two hours." Without warning, he jumped up, and doing a spinning back roundhouse kick, he knocked Inari out of the tree he had been hiding in. He landed and stared at the two with a mocking smirk on his face. "Children of two of the Leaf’s greatest warriors ever, and here you can’t beat one guy. Can’t even hit me." Without looking, or even so much as twitching, he raised his arm to block a flying kick from behind, thinking that he had effectively blocked the kunoichi’s attempt. He had almost forgotten that she was a Nara. Almost.

However, it was too late. As her foot came into contact with Neji’s wrist, Kurei reached over and grabbed his fist, balancing herself over Neji, hand-over-hand.
"Kagemane no Jutsu… Seko." Kurei gave a self-satisfied smirk. " Sensei, I heard that you were a genius. I’m disappointed. Now’s your chance guys! Hurry, before I lose my balance!"

"Uhh.. sure, you go first, Ketsu-san," Said a suspicious Inari.
"What? Why do I have to go?!"

This remark was quickly followed by a kick to the back of the head that sent sent Goketsu flying into Neji-sempai.

"Ikadamatsu, Ketsu-san!" yelled Inari, now sure that sensei wasn’t going to move or attack. He dashed towards Neji, failing to take into account that Goketsu would cause Kurei to lose her balance. Before either could react, Neji shifted slightly backwards, causing Kurei to fall in front of him. He caught her on his knee, driving it into her stomach.
"Dodge," Was the only warning that he gave, while she was still suspended on his knee. Then he quickly dropped the leg he held her on and kicked her with the other one, sending her bouncing away from him. Fortunately, though failing to actually dodge, she had raised her arms into a cross-block. Suddenly, Akira, Inari’s pup, popped out of the ground, clamping down on Neji’s ankle, and Inari Was behind him, aiming a widely telegraphed punch towards his sensei’s ribs. Placing his weight unto his left leg, Neji slung his right leg forward, getting rid of Akira, before reaching around behind him and grabbing Inari’s wrist and throwing him after his dog.

"What're you laughing at," Neji questioned a laughing Goketsu, with danger in his eyes. "Just because you've hit me, it doesn't mean that I won’t still attack you." Then he Kawarimi'd himself away just as three shuriken flew his way, leaving a log to be imbedded with the blades instead. To his surprise, Kurei appeared behind him.

"Thank You, Hyuuga-sempai, for teaching me Kawarimi no Jutsu!" She exclaimed, right before slashing at him with a kunai. He teleported away again, and she gave chase, enjoying the thrill of the chase more than she was really trying to catch him.

"I'm surprised you learned it so effectively after only watching me do it once. Great job, Nara," He said as he appeared behind her, and with a chop to the neck, knocked her unconscious.
________________________________________


*3 Hours Later, 1 Hour Before Test Is Over*

"Sensei, I'm tired of this. We've been running around for five hours trying not to DIE because of you!" shouted a dramatic Inari, as he boldly stepped from his hiding spot.

"Now, you'll die" Stated Goketsu, as he stepped out from behind his tree on the other side of Neji. Neji noticed how he cocked his head to the side, and the seriousness of his tone, giving him a string semblance to Sasuke. A wave of nausea quickly passed through him. How scary. The boys both pulled out shuriken galore, probably amassing to somewhere about thirty. Inari threw the first, and Goketsu quickly joined the tirade. Neji easily dodged them all, thinking the boys were trying to trick him into moving and therefore trying to gain the upper hand. All of a sudden, one kunai poofed into an angry looking Kurei, who automatically activated her clan’s Kagemane no Jutso.

"Finally!” She beamed as she caught Neji. "I can’t believe you've avoided my shadow that long! Even when it was hidden in other shadows! But at last, it’s time for some revenge," She said, with an evil glint in her eyes. She stood perfectly still as Inari and Goketsu wrapped their sensei up in chicken wire. She then released him and for the next fifteen minutes, they exacted their revenge for all of the little things… like the shuriken cuts and bruises for being knocked out of trees and leaving certain kunoichi’s unconscious for an hour plus.
________________________________________


After witnessing the success of Team Hyuuga on actually officially becoming a team, Lee turned towards his own team, and began to ramble about "The Beauty of Youth." When he finally finished his speech, with tears in his eyes, Ten-Ten proposed a question with a wicked grin of her own. "So, who wants to play Hide-And-Go-Hunt with an ex-ANBU operative and An ANBU Captain?"*

"Oh shit!" Moaned Lee's team as they took off, a maniacally laughing Lee and Ten-ten giving chase as she opened up her summoning scroll.
Chapter end notes: * In My Story, All The Konoha 12 Have Done ANBU At Some Point Or Another. Lee Is The Ex-ANBU Operative Referred To An Ten-ten Is A Current ANBU Captain