TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Heart of Glass: A Gaara Love Story by Mai Linna

[Reviews - 19]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Please read the intro first, or you will be confused.
Chapter notes: Please read this.
Your Name: Ai Ueda

Your Age: Varies throughout the story, but you're the same age as Gaara.

Your Looks: Your hair is parted and looks a lot like like early Sakura's, only the back is longer, past your waist, and you have some stray hairs off your part that never quite grew out. It's turquoise. You're eyes are pupil-less, and are similar to Hinata's. They're a shocking shade of yellow. You're skin's quite pale, and paired with your eyes and hair, give you a VERY startling look. You always wear black of some form, to honor your village. You're also always wearing a hat(later on in the story) to hide your -er- cat ears...they're black with white tips.

Your Village: Yamigakure - Village Hidden in the Dark

Your Jutsu: Shadow Jutsu - this Jutsu makes Shikamaru look like a noob. More on it later. You also have a rare Kekkei Genkai, called the Neko Toboe, or Cat Claw. You have razor sharp, diamond hard claws that you can extend and retract at will. You can also see perfectly in the dark, and have a better sense of hearing, balance, and smell than normal people. You're very lithe, but you're also very thin, making others question your faltering health often.

Other: You're health isn't always your strong point. You're very sensitive to weather and temperature changes. which may result in physical pain, dizziness, and fainting. Oh, and did I mention you're a special Jinchuuriki? You have a Bijuu. His name is Yami, the two - tailed nekomata. (A nekomata is a mythical, twin tailed cat.)

Your Village History: Yamigakure was a small shinobi village built to protect the world from Yami, the evil cat demon. As thus, it was also named after him. The Ueda clan, possessors of the Neko Toboe Kekkei Genkai, was charged with the duty of guarding Yami. For years his spirit was transferred from Ueda to Ueda, quite a dangerous tradition. The other shinobi villages shunned them, for their practices killed the pregnant mother at birth. Thus, Yamigakure withdrew from the world, and turned towards Yami, who was eventually worshiped as a god. The Ueda clan became sacred, looked up to, and practically worshiped themselves. You're great - great uncle, the current Jinchuuriki, is breathing his final breaths, and your birth is a week away. Let's begin you're story, shall we?

Nothing was discernible in the dark room. Voices seemed to issue from the walls themselves.
"Honey, can't we do this some other way? Isn't anyone else close to birth?" asked a man in the center of the room. A woman next to him answered.

"No, there's no one else. I have to do this."

A long, rattling cough shook the room.

"Great uncle, please, put your hand on my stomach! We haven't much time left!"

"Momo, don't-"

"Seal, release!!"

A bright light illuminated the room. Many people were gathered around an old man, lying on a bed in the middle of the crowded room. A pregnant woman was holding the old man's hand to her round tummy. The man next to her, presumably her husband, was sobbing loudly. When the white light subsided, the elderly man exhaled his final breath and stilled. Momo's husband held her close.

"Momo, do you know what you've done?!"

She leaned against his chest and whispered, "Yes...I saved the world..."

The crowd of relatives moved in on her, a multivalued sea of blue hair, furry ears, and yellow eyes. They thanked her, consoled her, and even congratulated her as they filed out of the room. Finally, Momo and her husband were the only ones left. She took his hands in hers and forced him to look at her. His black kitty ears twitched, then pinned back.

"Please, grant me one last wish."

"Anything, anything at all."

Fresh tears welled up in his eyes. Momo wiped them away.

"Ai. I want you to name her Ai, in the hopes that everybody who meets her will fall in love with her." murmured Momo, a smile playing across her lips. Her husband choked back sobs.

"Yes, we'll name her Ai."

Momo laid a black cloth across her great uncle's body. She leaned in close, and whispered, "See you in a week."