TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sleep Through the Storm by Konan

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I used the situation of my family sort of during the storm here in Oklahoma when we were put under Tornado Warning. Thankfully, the Tornado didn't hit my town and my family was safe, but I couldn't stop thinking about the less fortunate people of Joplin.

I used OCs from my other story, The Power of Pride.

It is marked as complete, but I might add more chapters if I'm in the mood. I was actually considering writing an essay, but hey... who writes an essay on the last day of school? So I wrote a fanfic. :)
Chapter notes: Oneshot...? Maybe...

For those of you who don't know my OCs...
Namikaze is the 4 year old son of Naruto and Hinata.
Ishiko is the 9 year old son of Asuma and Kurenai.

Yeah, I know I made Namikaze and Ishiko good friends in here, but it's a storm and Namikaze's just a good little kid who cares about his friend, even if he's his rival.

Namikaze took a peek outside the window. Lightning lit up the sky and outlined the hills far away. Rain pelted the glass and condensation formed from Namikaze’s warm, shaky breath. He touched the cold glass and jumped as thunder roared suddenly, shaking their house. Hinata was out on a mission and should be returning that night. Namikaze felt his skin crawl at another burst of thunder. Lighting lit up their house, bursting the electricity, likely throughout the whole village. Namikaze felt around the floor for his mini flashlight, his hands shaking.

“Dad,” Namikaze called to Naruto, also watching the weather intently. “You think there’s going to be a tornado?”

Naruto ruffled his son’s hair. “Everything’s going to be alright, son. Everything’s going to be okay.”

Namikaze leaned into his father’s chest, sighing. “Is mom going to be alright?”

“Yeah, your mom’s a tough person. She’ll be home a little late tonight.”

Namikaze laid down on the airbed they had set up in the living room, the innermost room in their house. There were no windows. Namikaze’s airbed lay in the corner. He was surrounded by pillows and blankets. Namikaze tried his best to go to sleep, but restlessness stirred in his stomach. He worried for himself and for his mother. He was also worried about Kurenai and Ishiko, who lived in a small apartment. Suddenly, the village tornado sirens rang out loudly, blaring. Naruto rushed into the living room.

“Dad!” Namikaze shouted in fright, running into the Hokage’s arms. Naruto gripped Namikaze’s shoulders tightly.

“Namikaze, stay here in your corner. Do not go anywhere, you hear?” Naruto shouted over the wind and rain. “You better still be here when I come back! I’m going to check on everyone else and make sure they’re okay. Stay here!” Namikaze nodded quickly.

“Dad, get Ishiko and Kurenai!” Namikaze shouted. Naruto nodded and covered his young son in pillows and blankets before rushing out, his hands in a kage bunshin seal.

Naruto made over a hundred clones and spread out throughout the village. He personally headed toward Kurenai’s apartment, lightning lighting his way. He ran to their door and banged on it five times before it was opened and Ishiko peeked out, his eyes full of terror.

“Come on!” Naruto shouted, waving them out. He evacuated plenty other people who hadn’t yet gone to the Hokage mountain and led them to his house, meeting up with more groups his clones had gathered. Many people joined houses of their neighbors and friends and the few storm shelters. That only left Naruto, Namikaze, Kurenai, Ishiko, Hanabi, Hiashi, and Neji in their living room.

Namikaze was still huddled in his corner. The wind had picked up greatly and it was obvious that Namikaze was shivering. Ishiko joined Namikaze, huddling with him and whispering.

“Our neighbors already evacuated this evening to the Hokage’s mountain,” Ishiko whispered, his voice giving away his fear. An enemy could be stopped with the help of comrades and determination, but a tornado was a force of nature.

Namikaze’s teeth chattered, “I hope it’s over soon.”

Naruto paced restlessly around the room back and forth. Neji and Hiashi sat silently on a mattress. Kurenai was helping the two children get covered in protection.

Suddenly the wind violently started to pick up, erasing their little chance of hearing one another. Naruto lifted the giant mattress and closed everyone in the same corner, including himself. The older ninjas held another mattress above their heads. Namikaze and Ishiko shakily held pillows over them as they were huddled on the floor.

Loud crashes sounded, glass shattered, and a sheet of rain soaked into their house. Namikaze screamed, but could barely hear himself over the howl of the storm. Worry covered Naruto’s face as he thought about Hinata. ‘Hinata,’ he mouthed to Neji and Hiashi. They nodded. ‘I know,’ Hiashi mouthed back, ‘She’ll be fine.’

Naruto truly hoped he was right. They waited out the storm. Ishiko hugged his mother tightly. Glass cracked in their kitchen. Wood splintered loud booming thunder rocked the earth. The mattresses were lit by the white luminosity of the lightning. Winds burst through the house. Naruto, Neji and Hiashi had to tighten their grips on the mattresses firmly to keep them from blowing away. Worry was written all over Naruto’s face, hoping he didn’t forget anyone.

Finally, the wind died down and the pouring rain turned to showers. Namikaze calmed a little, hugging his pillow with all the strength he could muster. When Naruto felt it was safe enough to get out, he pushed out on the mattress to get out. The mattress was stuck on something and Naruto had to shove it to get it out. Namikaze shone his little flashlight out, shocked at what he saw.

There was debris everywhere. Someone’s ripped doll lay tragically on it’s side under a wooden beam. Namikaze could see through the roof where the tornado had picked up a piece of their roof. A long metal pipe stuck out of the mattress, almost piercing through. Ishiko shivered at the fact that it could have stuck someone right through the head.

A whole exterior wall was blown out. Glass, wood, and metal lay everywhere on the floor. Naruto picked up a photo of their family and stuck it in his pocket. Neji grabbed his arm while he was bending down to grab someone’s forehead protector.

“The storm has passed,” Neji said, “Let’s save the cleanup for tomorrow. You look stressed and worn out. You should sleep. If you don’t sleep, I don’t think Namikaze’s going to get a second of sleep either.”

Naruto nodded. Kurenai and Neji set up a somewhat comfortable place to sleep. They all lay down to sleep under the stormy sky. Namikaze lay down beside Naruto, curled in a ball, and somehow, father and son drifted off to sleep.

Chapter end notes: Tell me what you think... Should I continue?