TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto/mary-sue/OOC rants by Miko_Yami

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

I really don’t know if Fanfiction.Net will allow this (I sure hope so)

How NOT to OOC Naruto characters!!!!

I feel that this important and must people seem to misjudge the fact that since they are making a Fan fiction they have the rights to make the characters OOC. No you don’t have the rights the characters don’t belong to you they belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

“But I put up a disclaimer,” Yeah I’ve noticed this which is all fine and dandy, I mean I understand you don’t own the characters. (I wish I could remember putting it as well)

Itachi: You should do it now that you remember.

Miko: Alright, I don’t own Naruto or any of the characters though I would love to own Itachi Uchiha.

I know a lot of you are thinking but its fan fiction. Fan-fiction so I can write the characters however I want but to be honest who reads fan fiction if the author destroys the characters. I mean would you guys read a story if Itachi became an utter romantic thinking of the girl all the damn time, or Sakura being all tomboy, gothic (for those who like that idea. How about Sakura being dumb or a money grubber?), or Shikamaru being stupid or Sasuke being hyper and energetic or Naruto being all emo and hating ramen. Fun dabbles but not a serious read. I’m not sure about you guys I read fan fiction to see the characters in different stories. I find that stories that keep the characters in character a much enjoy able read.

A lot of you people miss out on this so I’m here to give you my interrupting on how I see the Naruto characters. I haven’t read the Naruto series but a few chapters that have Itachi and I have hardly watched Naruto (again I’ve only watched parts with Itachi). I am now watching Naruto just to get the feel of the characters, so I’m going try to be accurate with them but this will be how I see the characters as is.

I will tell you how the Naruto characters normally turns out when people make him (the stuff that irritates me). I will then move on to how you can make the characters more in tune in with the characters. Stuff such as Itachi being emotionless and how to keep him emotionless, or Sakura being fan girl but still likeable. I mean so of you guys have interesting story ideas but OOCness all over making it a big stinker.

I have posted this on TONFA (The Original Naruto Fanfic Achieve) and have gotten people to asking me to read their and review story. In which I gladly did. I was aww struck by mean great writers…I’m letting people know I’m open for reading their story.