TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Art is a...girl?! by Miko_Yami

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

     Yuki Hunnutsuka is bored, she is forced to go to an opening of a new art museum, and there she meets Deidara. Has she just made the mistake that could hurt her?                               ~An artist is always alone - if he is an artist. No, what the artist needs is loneliness.~  Henry Miller

Chapter 1

~First meeting and other problems~

(Deidara)

Deidara looked at what people called art and had to hold back a laugh: the art all looked the same. He looked in the direction of his artwork where a girl was standing next to is art. She looked like she was smiling. Deidara glanced at her, she was pretty: long slick raven black hair, average body height, and an hour glass figure.

Deidara stalked up to her. When he got close enough, he stood there studying her some more, she was very pretty: her features more elegant fairy tale looking. Slick raven black hair framed her heart shaped face. Her cheek bones were curved giving off the soft sexy look. She had plump blood red lips. Her features seemed to balance out giving her the dark sexy look or maybe the soft Snow White look though her skin was darker then Snow White’s and more seductive looking.

“Beautiful piece of art,” she said tuning towards Deidara. Her voice was soft but still strong enough to get people to notice her and listen. She had a slight accent in her voice that he couldn’t place.

He looked in to her eyes they were ash black and getting darks as they moved towards the pupil till they were mixed and you couldn’t tell pupil and iris apart. She looked like she was studying him like she studied his art.

“Yeah, un this is art, yeah, not those pathetic pieces of art in the Uchiha put in this museum un,” Deidara told her.

“Oh, Missouri,” she said adding French in to her sentence, “What exactly do you think is art?” She was flirting.

Deidara smiled, “Art should always be a bang: end in it or show, yeah. It has many colors expressing different meaning and it last only for a short while and clay is used a lot it. Is easier to sculpt and express art, The Uchiha and Sasori just don’t get art, un”

She nod and smiled, “Your view on art is very interesting master-” she stopped not knowing his name giving him a questioning look. 

“Deidara Iwa, yeah,”

“Master Deidara it’s very different. It seems to carry a lot of expression, maybe it is more opinionated,”

“Isn’t that’s what art all bout un,” Deidara said. The girl nodded “opinionated with a bang,”

“Once again Deidara your view on art is very barbaric,” the voice wasn’t the girl’s voice. The voice sounded more bored and masculine, then hers. Deidara glared at the man with messy reddish brown hair with a young looking face. The man stared at Deidara his childish face looking bored. His brown eyes were failing to show emotion. He was wearing a suit and clean cut around.

Deidara looked dingy next to him…and her. The purple green tie-dye with a yellow smiley face on the chest of the he adorned didn’t seem to match his light blue jeans which were torn: some of the holes on the jeans were held together by safety pins. His golden blond hair stood in a high pony tail on the top his head and a loose bang covering his left eyes.

“What’s your view on art?” the girl asked, Sasori.

Deidara glanced at her outfit: a white button up shirt with a black vest and tight jeans. Now he really felt out of place. The Uchiha warned him, he told him this was a formal event but as usual Deidara didn’t listen. He dressed in his best most expressive outfit and it was just another way to piss off the Uchiha.

“Art is everlasting it lives for eternity and expresses one thing only,” Sasori answered to the girl.

 “I appreciate your opinion as a fellow artist master Sasori but art is always a bang,” Deidara retorted.

 “An artistic view on art is very opinionated the opinion of the artist last for a long time. It everlasting,” Sasori answered sophistically.

 “Art shows only its opinion for a while before it disappears with a bang, ‘un’,” Deidara said matter-of-factly.

“You two are both wrong,” the girl finally spoke, interrupting their fight a foolish move for her to even do.

Deidara choked back a surprised look he felt betrayed by the girl. Wrong!? How could they both be wrong? He never felt so betrayed, while Sasori glared at her.

“What’s your view on art girl?” Sasori asked almost growling.

The girl smiled a charming smile, “First of all, my name is not girl it is Hunnutsuka, Yuki Hunnutsuka. Please call me Yuki,” the girl said.

Hunnutsuka? Wasn’t that the name of the biggest trading company in Japan? Sasori didn’t say anything on the last name so Deidara didn’t bother.

“And what do you know that makes us wrong Ms. Hunnutsuka?” Sasori asked again glaring even more harshly at the girl.

“Well….you make art sound like is should be opinionated. While that is true it is very much opinionated, it also has expression. It speaks to its audience, even the invisible ones,”

“So you’re saying art is long lasting,” Sasori said.

 Deidara glared her feeling more betrayed.

 “No-”

“So art is a bang, yeah,” Deidara interpreted. Deidara didn't feel so betrayed after she said that.

 “No art is only art to the viewer.  You are both right, when speaking about art, but you’re both wrong. Will you both consider Sakura blossom as art? It last for a short time but its meaning is ever lasting,” she said smiling at both men.

 “So what are you trying to say is art is beauty in the eyes of the beholder, but only as long as it expresses something of the artist whether it is feeling or expression or opinion it is called art?” Sasori asked reading the deeper meaning of her words, and putting it into spoken clarification to test, she purposely never spoke.

 Yuki smiled, “Of course but nature is also art am I correct?” She looked up at the ceiling, the ceiling was painted dark colors and sprinkled with stars, “and nature has no artist,”

Sasori nods looking at her with more respect “Let us show you around Miss Hunnutsuka,” Deidara locked arms with her and began leading her around the museum

(Yuki)

Yuki smiled enjoying the two men’s company; she especially enjoyed Deidara’s. He was charming young and an artist; he had confidence in everything he said. He was what Yuki like to describe as rare.

“The Museum is owned by the Akatsuki,” Sasori explained.

“The Akatsuki?” she questioned having never heard of them. Sasori didn’t answer so Deidara continued his ranting he kept on mentioning someone by the name of Uchiha.

“Master Iwa,” he stopped talking.

“Why do you keep on mentioning the Uchiha?” Yuki asked curiously. 

(Deidara)       

Deidara stopped in complete halt. He probably shouldn’t mention the Uchiha in front of her. She might fall for him like most girls and then come back to Deidara like second hand doll. He refused them all refusing to be the Uchiha’s garbage man on girls.

 “No one important un,” Deidara growled.

“Then why do you keep mentioning him?” she smirked.

“Let’s keep walking 'un', and forget about the Uchiha yeah,”

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek, “Don’t talk about him then,”

Deidara blushed as her lips brushed against his cheek. He glanced at Sasori he looked bored with everything going around him.

“Sorry Miss Hunnutsuka, Deidara I have to go I just remembered a last minute meeting,” Sasori said.

Deidara looked at Sasori curiously how come he hasn’t heard about the meeting. Is this a meeting for the Akatsuki or another meeting for Sasori’s thriving puppet business?

While Deidara failed in his painting business.

“See you Master-Sasori,” Yuki said bowing, “It was a pleaser to have met you,”

Deidara glanced at her he fought the urge to grab her hand to hold her. She turned towards him her mouth formed words. Words Deidara didn’t catch. Deidara just stared.

“Are you going to finish showing me around?” she asked again.

Deidara nodded and linked arms with her again.

“Who else will show you around un?”

(Itachi)

A wisp of toxic fumes filled the air, as the man’s lips curled around the cigar butt. He was young and handsome, with dark brown eyes with tick eye lashes.  He held high muscular cheek bones that seemed to balance out with soft pink lips. His face chiseled in the correct places, the defined lines running diagonal from the corner of his eyes out to his cheeks. From far the man gave an illusion of being of the opposite gender, trim figure, perfectly proportioned toned back. His long raven black that passed his shoulders and was normally tied in a loose pony tail was loose and drooping over his shoulder.      

The door opened he turned his head stared at the man formally known as Sasori. He raised an eyebrow at the man wondering why this man disturbed him in his peaceful state. Sasori took a seat next to him.

“A Hunnutsuka is in the building,” Sasori said plainly.

The man eyes narrowed, his dark brown eyes looking crimson. He took another puff of his cigar adding more toxic smoke into the air.

“Which one?” his voice came out in monotone but also deep and commanding.

He heard of them Hunnutsuka powerful clan…That was the word power they had it. He wanted it. The clan owned all the trading in Japan Rumor had it was they might start trade on the moon.

“Yuki the young one she might be the next one next clan leader,” Sasori said holding a half covered wood piece and began carving it.

The man growled that wasn’t good enough the girl had no power the Hunnutsuka held. She only had some power that was worthless. Power he didn’t need. Power he didn’t want.

“Anything else?” He demands keeping his face with an emotionless mask, his eyes narrowing. Sasori stared at him with the same mask of no emotion.

“No, though she might have taken interest in Deidara,” Sasori add.

The man nodded placing the remains of his cigar in the ashtray.

 (Yuki)

Deidara dragged Yuki around the museum making small remakes on art pieces or flirting with her. She flirted back enjoying his company. They reached a plain painting… well it looked like it but there was more to it.

Yuki looked at painting broadly and walked away actually she was dragged by Deidara. When she came upon the art piece again; Deidara growled at the piece. She glanced at him in half amusement half shock. He just glared at the art work. Yuki began to wonder why?

The art was simple. Simply designed; simply structured. It was just simple. Black paint covered most of the painting. A cat like mask lied on the ground of the painting blue markings designed the mask symbolizing something. The mask looked like something used in a Japanese festival. A silk red ribbon spread under it looking like blood from afar. A reflection next to the mask looked…broken that was the word. Blood covered the reflected image. The mask was cracked and scratched. It had rough uneven surface the slick red ribbon torn and shredded. It was clearly poorly used like a mask after a bloody fight. It clearly had unused words and emotion the artist never said or showed (Maybe never wanted to). She loved this painting. It was her favorite in all the art she ever laid eyes on. Deidara seemed to think otherwise.

“The art is very beautiful,” she whispered talking a step closer to the pieces.

“Let’s go, un,” Deidara said eagerly, hearing what she had just said about the work.

She looked at him and nodded, disappointed that she had to leave such a beautiful piece of work. Someone knocked in to her knocking her to the floor while she was walking towards Deidara.

“Watch it,” she said.

The man didn’t stop not even glanced to say, ‘I’m sorry.’ Heck he didn’t even glance! She could see a smug grin on his blue face. Wait!? Blue? She glanced closely at him only thing she could tell was he was tall, muscular like a wrestler’s body but because of his height he looked lean. He had dark blue hair that was spiked to the left. He was wearing outfit that was used by body guards. She couldn’t see the man he was guarding, the person that knocked her down.

Following the strange looking body guard and the rude person was a herd of squealing girls and rushing people almost knocking Deidara off his feet. Deidara finally made it to Yuki after the rush hour passed and helped her up. Yuki glared at the direction the people ran towards.

“Some people these days no manners,” Deidara said sounding strongly smug about it.

“I wonder where they’re going in such a rush,” Yuki asked tilting her head. She eyed a couple of rich pointing at her direction in envy whispering strange gossip to one another.

“The owner of the museum is going to make a speech,” Sasori said. Yuki looked at him questionably, “He never really shows himself so the fact that he decide to show himself to the grand opening of this museum is quite unique show itself,” Sasori said sounding oddly demanding.

Yuki stared at the art piece she loved and went deep in thought of if she should go. She smiled.

“Let’s go Master -Iwa,” Yuki said sounding excited.

Yuki smiled inwardly she was finally going to see the man Deidara always was complaining about. He was most likely going to be some tubby man who was in his mid forties. Losing all his hair no wife or kids because he could never get laid and because of how he never got laid he now looks at geek porn (A.K.A. Anime Porn). She couldn’t wait to see him.