TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My Best Friend's Boyfriend by brasca

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Author's Notes: Heya Guys! I'm back! I found this story buried in the folders of my hard drive and I think I should give this a chance. As with my other story Fox House, I'm thinking of modifying it a little or maybe even starting from scratch because it is starting to be a blatant carbon copy of Full House LOL. This one is more or less original and I hope you enjoy this. Oh, nobody proofread this so forgive my errors.

Last, Ratings could go up :wink: :wink:

DISCLAIMER: Naruto is unfortunately not mine.

Author's Notes: Heya Guys! I'm back! I found this story buried in the folders of my hard drive and I think I should give this a chance. As with my other story Fox House, I'm thinking of modifying it a little or maybe even starting from scratch because it is starting to be a blatant carbon copy of Full House LOL. This one is more or less original and I hope you enjoy this. Oh, nobody proofread this so forgive my errors.

Last, Ratings could go up :wink: :wink:

DISCLAIMER: Naruto is unfortunately not mine.

EDIT: I edited this chapter because I totally did not proofread it when it was posted and since it remained stagnant for about two years I guess on my hard drive, I have to change some minor details LOL. if you do happen to find something wrong (grammar stuff etc.) please don't hesitate to post it on your reviews ^.^

My Best Friend's Boyfriend

Two silhouettes move gracefully in a dimly moonlit room. The shadows moved. Gently, carefully, fluidly the silhouettes danced to a familiar rhythm. A beat that only they could hear. The moon was the only witness of their graceful motion.

"Mmmm..."

Every sound that was made added to the dance's exotic feel. A gentle breeze blew the thin curtain that concealed the room to anyone's watchful eyes. For a moment anyone passing by would have seen the dance that everyone of us knew. For a moment they would have seen the two beings. But it is only for a moment.

Chapter 1 My Best Friend

I gotta feeling

"Mmmm..."

that tonight's gonna be a good night

"Aaahh..."

that tonight's gonna be a good night

"Ayyy..." A tan hand appeared from under the blankets. It searched for something on the side table. Desperately searching for something and knocking over those that it's not looking for. And alas the hand found what it is trying to find. Too bad he had to drop it.

that tonight's gonna be a good good night

The hand changed its course. It moved down and once again tried to find the object of its annoyance.

I gotta feeling

Finally it was able to find the thing it was looking for. The hand grabbed the thing and return to the heap of blankets that was its home

"Hello"

The owner of the said hand said with a tone that clearly says that he is still not ready to leave dreamland.

No reply.

That tonight's gonna be a good night

That tonight's gonna be a good night

Blue irises peeked through those tan eyelids. The owner of those irises wondered why his phone is still ringing. He looked at his arms only to find that he was talking to the remote control.

That tonight's gonna be a good good night

Suddenly the heap of blankets moved. The being underneath it moved lazily to search for his phone. He successfully found it in the heap of clothing that was his underwear.

"Hello" he said groggily.

"Good Morning Chef!"

"Sakura..." sleep still evident in his voice.

"Naruto! You are still asleep?" The voice on the other line went into lecture mode. "Let me guess... You forgot right?"

"Forgot what?"

"Ay you idiot... We are supposed to go to the amusement park today right?"

"Really?"

"Yes... I knew you'll forget it even if you are the one who suggested it..."

"Oh yeah... but the park's not open until 12 and it is still..." Naruto looked at the clock. "7:15... great thanks for disturbing my sleep"

"I love you too. Get up now, you lazy ass. Of course if I didn't disturb you, you'll end up forgetting and I don't want you to forget, considering that day off's for me are quite rare. We have to spend it wisely."

Sakura continued her lecture but the person she's dedicating it to has decided that it is better to float once again to dreamland than listen to an early nag.

"You are so not listening to me..."

No reply.

"NARUTO!"

Naruto was so sure that his eardrums would forever be damaged.


"Aaahhh..." He groaned as he descended the stairs that would lead him to the kitchen. Heading for the fridge, he searched for the milk box as he rubbed his ears.

"She doesn't have to scream. That girl..."

He lazily poured some milk on a clear glass and messily drank it.

"That hurts..." He whined as he continued to rub his ears.

He glanced at the nearby clocked and groaned. It was only 7:45.

"Great..."

Uzumaki Naruto is one of those people who does not want to be woken up early in the morning especially on a weekend. He is also one of those people who works on a local twenty four hour diner and last night happened to be one of the busiest night of his short culinary career. It's not hard to imagine how pissed he was to the person who have woken him up, even if that person happened to be his best friend.

He lazily picked up a pan and placed it on the stove. He opened the fridge once again and searched for some stuff that he could cook for breakfast.

"I guess I'll have some pancakes..."

He was grabbing the flour from the cupboard when a familiar tune filled the air.

I gotta feeling

that tonight's gonna be a good night

that tonight's gonna be a good night

that tonight's gonna be a good good night

"Good Morning Naruto!" That voice again.

"What? You wanna destroy my other ear?"

"It's not that... well I'm guessing that since it is my day off today and I can't certainly wait for the park to open, do you wanna have brunch or something"

"Sakura... who has brunch eight in the morning?"

"Idiot! Anyways let's meet at my place by ten, that gives us plenty of time to pick a good restaurant. Okay? Don't be late!"

"Okay..."

"And Naruto..."

"Hmm?"

"Sorry for the commotion earlier, I was just excited I forgot that you always have night shifts."

Naruto paused for a while before answering "No big... It's better that you have woken me up or I'll end up not waking up all day." He let out a giggle.

"Hmm... Well I guess I'll be more sensitive next time. Bye!"

Naruto did not hang the phone for a good five minutes.

"Sakura-chan..."

And with that he wore a goofy smile before going to the bathroom. He have no choice but to skip breakfast in favour of the brunch with his best friend.


"I became a little excited"

He figured that out 5 minutes ago when he, out of his excitement, finished taking a bath and getting dressed in a matter of minutes. Here he is, 8:10 in the morning, bored to death thinking what he should do to pass time.

"Hmm..."

He glanced at the mini library in the right side of his bed. It was actually a shelf in his clothes' cabinet with messily stacked books. From mangas to recipe book, from JK Rowling to JD Salinger, the genres vary but there are only barely 30 books in his collection. Many would think that he is a bookworm but half of those were almost untouched. They were gifts from Sakura. She said that the world is not only about eating and sleeping. He argued that he reads mangas but she countered that they are not counted. She said that he should read more so that he won't be the idiotic friend. He said that he is not an idiot but the argument always ends there, and that is why Sakura kept piling him with books every Christmas and birthdays.

"I guess the book store is open by 8"

He has become so bored that he did not noticed that it would be one of those rare times that he would visit the local book store. The last time he visited, if he could remember right, was when he bought a cookbook and that was ages ago.

"Well I still have a good one and a half before our brunch..."

Grabbing his coat and locking the front door, he walked the short distance to the book store. It was officially spring but the winter cold is still not willing to leave. The short walk to the book store was a sight. The flowers are barely blooming but formed a nice contrast with the green shrubs. The people are just beginning their day. There were kids already playing outside and some teenage boys on their blades going to the nearby park. A smile appeared on his tan face as he approached the bookstore with a lone car parked nearby.

"Maybe it's not that bad waking up early on a Saturday..."

A ring signalled the entrance of another person in the book store. The blonde chef was greeted by a warm smile from the store owner.

"A beautiful morning to you sir"

He returned the smile. His feet guided him through the shelves. To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye, Les Miserables, all are familiar titles to him.

"I guess these are part of Sakura's gifts"

A smile appeared on his face. He never bothered to flip a page of those books but the fact that they were from Sakura made them special. Sakura was a special person to him. Sakura was his best friend. Sakura was his first friend. Sakura was- he stopped his thought as he proceeded to the cookbook section.

"These are new releases..."

Cooking was his passion. Three years ago he would never admit this since he knows little about cooking back then. The little thing he knew about cooking before was pouring hot water to a bowl of instant ramen. It was not much but he was the master of it since ramen is his favourite food. Sakura would often complain about how ramen is not good for his health and all those other stuff but he rarely listen. Not that he doesn't like taking advice from Sakura nor taking care of his health but ramen is ramen.

"Hmm... This book about baking looks interesting." He said as he browsed through the pages of the book.

What got him into cooking? It was Sakura's fault, well it was indirectly her fault. She kept on bugging Naruto about how he needs to read more book. She insisted that he never reads the books that she gave her. She said that he needs a new hobby and she thinks that reading would be the perfect thing. Too bad she did not realize that Naruto and reading do not really mix. Well Naruto gave her points for her effort and her persistence. That was why he found himself on the same book store he is today. He couldn't stand those books that Sakura gave her so he decided to pick something that might interest him. Grabbing the first colourful book that he saw, he went to the counter and bought it. He realized when he had reached his abode that he has grabbed a cookbook. It features Japanese dishes and to his surprise, ramen was one of the meal featured in the book. The rest was really history. He still ponders today that if he had grabbed a book about painting, he could be a painter or maybe if he bought that orange book, he might as well be a porn star. Too bad Sakura would never let him touch those. He wouldn't dare go against her will since he knew too well, in their several years of friendship, that a pissed off Sakura is bad for your health.

It is a book about french cuisine. French cooking has always amazed him. Maybe it was the flavours of the cuisine or maybe the elaborate display of movement that the chefs demonstrate whenever they are cooking. He doesn't know. What he knows is that French cooking reminded him of the day he became friends with Sakura. It was during high school when it happened. Sakura and he were schoolmates for as long as he remember but she never seems to notice him much like the rest of the school's student population. It was one of those camping trips that their school organized that she first interacted with him. They were assigned camping partners and he got Sakura. Maybe it was the fact that he had no mother to prepare his meals that he forgot to bring his own lunch for the camp. He was preparing to be hungry when Sakura shoved some bread in his mouth. She said it was called 'croissant' and it made by her mother who specializes with french cuisine. From then on he continued to pester Sakura and that started a beautiful friendship between them.

Sakura. He thought with a smile on his whiskered face. She is the first friend that he had and his best friend. If he would be more honest to his self, he'll say that Sakura is his first crush. He knew that he like the girl ever since they were in the elementary school. She is the most beautiful girl that he have ever laid eyes on despite what her friend, Ino, says. He remember how he blushes whenever she would smile. He never thought that there would come a time that they would be friends.

He smiles as he placed the book back to the shelf where he took it. He walked around the bookstore some more and looked at the new titles that are on display. He found this interesting book in one of the shelves and he tried to take it but alas a pale hand beat him to the book.

"Hey" Naruto said as he grabbed the book away without success from the offending hand.

"I said 'hey!' Can you remove your hands, I'm trying to look at the book if you don't mind" He said once again.

"No" The owner of the hand said.

"What?" Naruto looked at the man.

"I said no. Now give me the book" The man said sternly despite his calm facade.

"What the-" The man grabbed the book away from Naruto's fingers and walked on the opposite direction.

"Hey I found it first!" Naruto hissed as he blocked the man's path.

The man ignored him and proceeded gracefully to the counter to pay for the book. Naruto was so shocked with the man's attitude that he did not recover until he heard the ring of the bell of the shop, signalling the departure of the said man.

"Sorry, I've already bought it" The man said in a proud tone before leaving.

"THAT SON OF A-"

"Ssh!" Said the store owner.


DING DONG!

"Coming!" A voice from behind the door said.

"SAKURA-CHAN!" Naruto greeted when her pink haired friend opened the door.

"Oh, Naruto! You are quite early."

"Oh, I just want to help you a bit. You know me being a chef and all ehehe" He said. "And you and kitchen don't really mix" He added in a murmur.

"What was that Naruto?" Naruto could swear that the temperature in the room dropped several degrees.

"Ah nothing Sakura-chan" Naruto sweat-dropped.

He decided to go to Sakura's place earlier than planned because of the guy in the bookstore earlier. The owner of the bookstore considered him too loud for his liking that he was kicked out by the pissed off owner. He did try to catch the bastard who annoyed him but to no avail. He realized that the guy must've been the owner of the lone car that was parked there as he did not notice it when he was thrown outside. After using a bunch of colourful words directed to no one but the absent guy, he decided that it will be much better if he go to Sakura's place and help a little. And that is why he is here sweat-dropping after insulting Sakura's cooking. Sakura's cooking is apparently a touchy matter for the pink haired lady.

"No I definitely heard something." The girl is looking more sinister now.

"Ahahaha... Sakura-chan" Naruto looked around the house. He looked at the kitchen and a light bulb sparked in his head. He found his exit.

"Sakura-chan, what did you prepare?" Naruto said in fake joy. He run to the kitchen and looked inside the nearest pan.

"Mmm... This looks delicious! So you've prepared us some omelette!" That's all the preparation he had before he was sent flying by a punch from the girl.


"I did not know that these are pancakes" Naruto murmured as he rub his sore head.

"Well you can be more sensitive next time you idiot" Sakura said with a glare.

"But hey! These are nice pancakes" Naruto said as he tried to gulp down the horrendous meal.

This is a familiar situation every time Naruto visits Sakura's place with Sakura cooking. Actually, this is a familiar situation for the two of them. Naruto could swear that if he would get a dollar for every time the girl would hit her, he would be a hell of a richer than the founder of Facebook, Mark Zu- the guy with a hard to spell last name.

"Oh, free your schedule tomorrow" Sakura said in her do-it-or-you-will-die tone.

"Why?"

"Because!"

"Eh! But I have night shift tomorrow did you forget."

"Tss, oh well we'll meet you in the diner. I hope you could spare me at least 30 minutes before your shift starts?"

"Erm, okay. But what's the occasion? And, we? You are bringing someone along?" Naruto asked Sakura.

"Oh you'll see tomorrow" With the way his best friend is giggling, Naruto was sure that this was something big, in a positive way that is

Naruto smiled. He must admit that he liked Sakura a lot and with the way that she smiles, it is easy to say that she could attract a lot of guys and she really did. Naruto was just glad that she never did buy their advances. He just did not want sharing his best friend to other guys. He is not a greedy person. He did befriended Sakura's male friends and he doesn't seem to be disturbed sharing Sakura with them, well there is Lee who seemed to have a romantic feeling for her before, but that was beyond the point.

"Why don't you tell me now?" Naruto pleaded her.

"Eh, Naruto! It is a surprise. S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E. It would ruin the fun if I tell it to you now. I do hope you enjoy his company" said the giggling girl.

"HIS! So this is a boy?" Naruto interrogated.

"I said it is a surprise, okay? You'll see tomorrow" The girl is now blushing.

"I am suspicious with this guy." Naruto said with a frown.

"Oh don't be silly! Oh look at the time! I can't believe it's 11:30 already." Sakura said as she looked at the wall clock.

"So?" Naruto asked still looking suspicious at Sakura.

"Well the amusement park opens at noon right?" Sakura said while beaming at Naruto.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Yah!" Naruto said, enthusiasm returning to him.

"So are you ready for our mini date?" Sakura giggled.

"Aye Madame!"

End Chapter 1

So how was it? Please do rate and review :D Your reviews give me some youthful energy to keep on going. YOSH!

Chapter end notes: So how was it? Please do rate and review :D Your reviews give me some youthful energy to keep on going. YOSH!