TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Left Behind by AoiTori

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Written during the Invasion of Pain, a "What If" story.
Takara was sitting under an oak tree not too far from the village. A month had passed since Pain had destroyed Konoha and left everyone homeless. A month had passed since everyone, who had survived the attack, had started to revive the village. A month had passed from his death. Kakashiīs death. How painful it was to think about it. But it was hard not to. Everyday from his death on was a misery. Everybody tried to comfort her but it never helped. No, it never did.



*Flashback*


"Hey, Kakashi, get up!" Takara said, sitting on his bed. Kakashi mumbled something and threw some pillows at Takara. "Hey, hey! I know itīs early but you told me last night you have a mission today so get up!"

Kakashi looked at his lover.
"Youīre already dressed?" he asked.

"Well, yeah!" Takara anwsered, "Why?"

Kakashi grabbed her by suprise and she fell onto the bed on her back, Kakashi ontop of her.
"We have time!" Kakashi said smoothly.

"Hah, no we donīt!"

Then Kakashi kissed her. Takara could never describe the feeling she felt every time Kakashi kissed her. She wanted it to never end. Curse the need for oxygen.

Kakashi broke the kiss.

"See, we have time!"
He started playing with her dark brown hair.

"You really want to make Tsunade-sama mad?" Takara spoke in a whisper.

Kakashis eye (yes, one eye) grew big.

"Dammit!!"

He quickly kissed Takara one more time and got off of her. He stood up and started to collect his clothes from the ground. Takara sat up and eyed him carefully. A minute later, Kakashi was dressed and Takara was still on the bed.
"So, see you at lunch?" Kakashi said, sitting next to her.
"If your mission is a short one, then yes," she anwsered.

Kakashi kissed the woman he loved the most twice on the lips, got up from the bed, waved and left.


*Flashback ends*


Takara looked at the sky. No clouds, only one big golden disk staring at her. A soft breeze rushed through her hair. Even though the sun was shining, it was rather chilly. Just like the day she first met him.


*Flashback*


"Excuse me, where can I find a book called „Lost Souls“?" Takara asked the shopkeeper.

"Itīs at the back, somewhere." the assistant pointed out.

Takara rolled her eyes.

Somewhere?

"Thank you!" she mumbled and walked to the back of the shop.

She looked around carefully and then sighed. There were a lot of shelves and they werenīt in the alphabetical order.

"Am I really supposed to look for the book through all these!?" she muttered in a low voice.

"Can I help you somehow?"

Takara turned around. A gorgeous man with spiky grey hair and a masked face was standing infront of her. He didnīt look like he worked at the bookstore. Well, of course not, he was wearing Konohas headband and a green vest. Most likely to be a Jounin.

"Oh, no need, Iīm fine!" Takara told him, shaking her head a little.

"I know the service here isnīt the best, but let me help you. Trust me, I know almost everything about this bookshop," the man said, "Iīm Hatake Kakashi."
"Higure Takara."

Takara swore she could see a little smile under that mask of his. She smiled as well.
"Now, what was that books title again?"


*Flashback ends*


Takara felt a tear running down her cheeck. She wiped it away quickly and shoved her hand into her pocket. Taking out a shining headband, she looked at it carefully. It had been Kakashiīs.

She glared at it for a minute and then put it back into her pocket.

Suddenly, Takara heard laughter. And then once more.

Both of the voices sounded familiar. She saw two figures in the distance.

Kurenai and Shikamaru.

Having their morning walk, as usual. Kurenai was getting bigger every day. But she still looked good. She waved at Takara, who only smiled weakly and then waved back.

"Still as calm as ever, Kurenai!"

*Flashback*


"Whoa!"
"What?"

"Youīre early!"

Thatīs right. Kakashi was infront of Ichiraku before Takara.

"I guess I wanted to see you really bad!"

"Thatīs not like you."

Takara smiled and gave Kakashi a peck on the lips.

"Oh, who do we have here?"

Takara turned her head to see a woman, dressed weirdly in almost all white, and a man, smoking a cigarette.

"I didnīt know you were seeing someone." the man said.

"Asuma, Kurenai. This is Takara," Kakashi spoke.

Takara shook hands with the both of them.

"And you two are on a date too?" Kakashi asked.

Kurenai looked away, blushing.
"Just out for a walk," Asuma explained.

Takara smiled.

"Well, we should get going anyway," Asuma said.

Takara waved as Asuma and Kurenai walked away.

"They seem really nice...."

"Yeah, Iīm sure youīll all be great friends, AFTER we eat lunch." Kakashi said, putting his hands around Takaras waist.

"Hah, okay, Mr. Smooth, letīs go!"


*Flashback ends*


Shikamaru and Kurenai had reached Takara by now.
"Hey, Takara, nice weather, huh?" Kurenai said.

"Yeah, a little chilly though!"

"Nothing holds her back!" Shikamaru commented, a smirk on his face.

Takara smiled weakly.
"Iīll go find Chouji. I trust her with you, Takara-senpai." Shikamaru nodded and ran off.

"Nice kid!"

"Yeah!" Kurenai said, sitting down next to Takara, "You know the bookstore you loved so much? They are looking for a new shopkeeper!"

"I havenīt been there for a month, Iīm not qualified enough."

"Takara, you are the best...."
"- and it brings back memories, so Iīm not going."

Kurenai sighed.

"Takara," Kurenai started, "You have to go on. Itīs been a month!"

"A month is a very short time."

"Long enough for you to move on...."

"I just......canīt! He was everything for me and he just left me. Of course it isnīt his fault but still....I want him alive!"

Takara felt those heavy tears again.

Kurenai patted her best friends shoulder and said:
"Takara, trust me when I tell you that I know how you feel! Asuma was also everything for me. When he died....I felt like I should go with him. I couldnīt take it. And a part of me still thinks that way. But there are others that need us. Who we need....and will need."

Kurenai looked at her stomach, at her soon-to-be-born baby.

"But....he...didnīt leave me anything to remember him by," Takara said, "Nothing!"

"Takara...."

"I know Iīm being selfish but....I canīt go on like this."
"Takara, he left you life! He protected the village for you. He wanted you to live on and be happy."

Takara looked at her best friend.
"How can I be happy like this...?"

"Shh, hey, my baby will be born soon and I donīt think sheīll come out if you are not here with us. The baby loves the sound of your voice. When you speak, she doesnīt kick at all."

Takara looked at Kurenais stomach.
"Iīm sorry. I wonīt leave you or the baby anytime soon." Takara tried to smile.
"Good, now Iīm hungry, letīs get some BBQ!"

"Sheesh, you sound just like Chouji-kun," Takara smiled and helped her best friend get up, "and I have nothing against that if I donīt have to pay for you!!"
Chapter end notes: Hope you liked it ^^