TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Reincarnation of a Legend by silverwolf1213

[Reviews - 141]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is going to be part one of a two, possibly three, part series. At least I hope so! It all depends how much I write.

The OOC is just a precaution. I honestly don't know if I'll be changing the personalities, but if I do, I warned you!
Chapter notes: Before the main plot starts, I must insert this little tidbit. Enjoy!

I do not in any way shape or form own Naruto. I merely have the pleasure of owning my idea and some oc.
Shinobi have existed as long as anyone can remember. Ninja have been born into the world, they have trained to defend their homes, and they have died on the battlefield. And that cycle has continued throughout history.

But not many have stopped to wonder how this cycle started. Most just believe that shinobi were created to fight during the era of endless war. Others believe that the strongest warriors of their time were chosen to fight to defend their families. And almost all people believe that shinobi weren't created; they believe that they just...are. Ninja have lived for many years, and it is accepted. No one has ever questioned it.

In different points of view, all of these beliefs are correct. But they are incomplete. The real story of shinobi started with a man known as the Sage of the Six Paths. Legend says that he is the founder of the ninja world. He is the creator of ninjutsu. He passed his wisdom onto others, and the era of wars ceased, for the time being.

Yes, the legend is correct. The Sage of the Six Paths existed. Now, for those who don't believe in this story, you don't have to. If you want to believe that ninjutsu was created and discovered at the same time the world was formed, go ahead. But then that means that you will not believe the genuine story.

Because there is more.

The legendary Sage of the Six Paths created ninjutsu. And with the hand signs representing twelve different animals, different techniques were learned. By performing different combinations of the twelve animal seals, new jutsu were created. This has been accepted as a way of life for all people who call themselves ninja.

But no one has ever questioned why these twelve animals are so special that they are represented through hand seals. In fact, why are these same twelve animals the same twelve as the animals listed in the zodiac? What makes these different species so distinguished and important?

That story takes place before the Sage of the Six Paths was ever born.

The myth says that ten thousand years ago, an old monk invited all of the animals of creation to come and join him for the New Year. Only twelve species came to his invitation. As a reward, the old man named a year after each animal. And from then on, any person born in a year that associated with that animal would share that animal's qualities. The order of the years is the same as when the animals arrived to the monk's invitation.

Rat

Ox

Tiger

Hare

Dragon

Snake

Horse

Ram

Monkey

Bird

Dog

Boar

Flattered at having received such important status, the animals thanked the monk. And the only way they knew how was to leave the monk with a part of themselves. One by one, in the order that they had arrived, the animals touched their paw, their claw, their hoof, or their tail to man's right wrist, directly under his palm. As a result, a black circular tattoo formed in that spot. The circle was divided into twelve different sections, each one to represent the animals.

And the old man was named the Guardian. His invitation brought both animals and humans closer together. People were able to see that animals are creatures of honor and equality, just as there exists equality between humans.

The Guardian lived the rest of his life in peace, just as peace blanketed the Earth. People looked up to the monk, as he was the one who brought balance and equality to the world. His meeting with the animals left him a special power that granted him the abilities of those same animals. This power was greatly looked up to as a beacon of protection.

Before the man took his dying breath, he wished that he could live his life again as time moved forward. He wished that he could watch the Earth progress into an even more peaceful and loving world. And should war break out, he wished that he could be there to end the fighting and heal the wounds that death and violence always brought.

And his wish came true.

The Guardian was reincarnated into another's body. And as a guide, one animal of the twelve would stay at the side of the Guardian. The pair would watch over the Earth as it continued with its own life. The monk's spirit was alive, and he was able to live on to watch the world evolve. And whenever his time would come again, the Guardian was recreated into another's body. For a long time, this cycle continued on peacefully. The Guardian was a protector of all animals and humans. And when shinobi were formed, he or she was considered a sage, the highest level of shinobi.

But everything is never as it seems.

Nearly ten thousand years after the first Guardian, a man named Gekido was born as the next Guardian. His animal guide was a dragon. Knowing that his destiny was to keep the world at peace, he decided that with such amazing power that he held, he wanted so much more. The same tattoo that the monk had received from the animals was thought of as a symbol of power for Gekido. After harnessing his power, he plummetted the world into a period of war. He wanted world domination, and he did everything in his power to get it.

The citizens of the nations that divided the world were struck to the core. The Guardian was supposed to be a savior, a protector. But Gekido was neither of those things. He reaked havoc on the world, and as a result, nations were turned against each other.

Blood was spilled upon the ground. Lives were torn apart. And people no longer trusted anyone but themselves.

And to make things worse, Gekido used his dragon to do the unthinkable. He ordered his dragon guide to use its spiritual powers to summon the Kyuubi Fox Demon.

The dragon knew that this was wrong, but by this point, Gekido was so crazy from his thirst for power that the dragon knew that it was already too late.

And the Nine-Tailed Fox was summoned. And it destroyed more than half of the Fire Country.

Only thanks to the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, was the Fox Demon able to be suppressed. The Kyuubi was sealed inside a baby boy, named Naruto Uzumaki.

And Gekido and his dragon were finally captured.

Both were sent to execution. But before he was killed, Gekido vowed that his next reincarnation would finish the task that he could not. He promised that the next Guardian would rule the world as a powerful figure. He shouted with his final breaths that it would be the destiny of the next Guardian to change the world and become a person of great power that would influence every nation in the world.

It was at that point that the people of the world knew that the Guardian was a monster. And any reincarnation after Gekido would only destroy the world, just as he tried to do.

Gekido was executed, and a baby girl with the black circular tattoo was born into the world.

Deep inside the Land of Silver, Suki Kurohoshi wailed her first cry, not knowing of the destiny that was chosen for her.
Chapter end notes: So...what do you think? I completely got this idea at random, and I wanted to write it down before I forgot. And I already have a ton of ideas planned for it. I just hope you guys enjoyed this. If you did, please tell me in a review so I can have some motivation to keep going. If you hated it, tell me anyway so I know what to fix.

Thanks a bunch for reading!