TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Unexpected Ending by Syrun

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2- Nightmare

"ZETSU WATCH OUT!" Screamed Sasuke, as Sakura jumped, blue aura around her hands, straight at Zetsu from out of nowhere, managing to brake a tiny piece of his shell as he disappeared underground. The whole ground broke under her strength, he wasn't visible anywhere, she raised her hands as she landed, prepared, then "FIREBALL JUTSU!" Sasuke screamed, a huge flame erupting from his mouth, in Sakura's direction, Naruto, jumping down from a tree, landed right in front of her, taking the blast. Sakura's eyes widened in horror but -puff- it was a shadow clone, relief crossing her face. "RASENGAN!" Tow clones screamed, running to Sasuke from both sides Rasengan in hand, Sasuke made a seal, and in an instant, he wasn't there, the clones collided with the other making a giant blast. "RASENGAN," Naruto tried again, this time with Madara, who had been standing near the almost-destroyed temporary hospital, enjoying the show, but he just disappeared in a swirl.

"CHIDORI!" Sasuke screamed heading for Naruto, again. He hit him but it was just another clone. He looked around himself; he couldn't see Naruto or Sakura.

"WHERE ARE THEY?" Sasuke screamed with rage.

Suddenly two Narutos where holding him, pushing his arms behind his back -CHIDORI STREAM- both clones disappeared in a loud puff while another one came with a kunai in his hands... Sasuke activated his Mangekyo Sharingan menacingly, standing prepared, focused. The clone stopped in it's tracks and disappeared, then, silence. . . .

Naruto and Sakura stood behind some trees a few miles away, completely hidden, trying to figure out what to do next.

"This is going to be hard. . ." muttered Naruto desperately to Sakura. "What can we do now? Our first plan failed. . ."

"I don't know, but stop sending shadow clones will you? They're going to find us, and even worse, you'll be left without chakra!" Answered Sakura desperate, too. "Let's see, the one of the shell must be underground."

"Yeah."

"The other one I don't know, but let's just focus on this two and watch our backs. How bout this; I will attack the shell." Said Sakura, clearly not sure of what she was planning.

"I think his name is Zetsu"

"Yeah, whatever he's called! I'll try to take him out of his hideout and fight him one on one while you take on Sasuke. Is that all right?" She asked looking a little scared. "Even though I don't think I'm even close to his strength, it's the only way to get to Sasuke I guess. . ."

Naruto bit his lip, looking worried. "Okay, look, you'll have a huge army of clones looking near you." He said. "I don't want to leave you so unprotected."

"Sure." She said, looking absolutely relived. She stood up and offered Naruto her hand. He took it, smiling, and stood up too. "Just make sure to have enough chakra, Naruto."

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Okay, let's do this" Sakura said. "And be careful. Please."

"Always am." he winked and set off. -KAGEBUSHIN NO JUTSU ART OF THE SHADOW DOPPLEGANGER.-

BOOOOOOOOM! The ground exploded. Zetsu was now standing in front of Sakura, who had blasted the ground open, prepared for the next attack. Two Naruto clones jumped in to distract Zetsu while Sakura aimed a chakra-charged kick at him, but Zetsu split in two, his two halves screaming at each other words that were unintelligible, and sticking back together behind Sakura, who turned around after blasting the two clones accidentally, and sent another crashing ground wave towards Zetsu.

"Wow, I say she doesn't need us." Said one of the clones that were watching from the trees.

Meanwhile, Naruto was heading for Sasuke, who was close to the now set-in-flames hospital. He remembered Tsunade was there "Crap! Lady Tsunade!" he screamed, alarmed. "Go get her out!" He screamed at one of his clones.

"Yo!" said the clone and went inside, running as fast as he could.

When he was close to Sasuke, he saw he had his Sharingan active, and tried not to make eye contact with him. Then out of the corner of his eyes, he saw how his clone ran away at high speed with Tsunade in his arms. She was safe. He stopped a few feet away from Sasuke, looking at a spot somewhere near his hair instead, "Sasuke…" Then, made the mistake he had been preventing.

It was terrible, a nightmare. Every centimeter of his body ached, hurt, and burned. He was bleeding through every pore; his bones were braking one after another, piercing his skin. His head felt like exploding, his heart was about a thousand beats per second, it was going to blast. Everything hurt so much, he couldn't move, his eyes were full of blood. Then he couldn't breathe, his throat filled with blood. It felt as if he was tied and set in open fire. This is only an illusion, he thought, I can get out of his grip, I can.

He tried to move his arms to make a seal, but he couldn't. The bones on his right leg were now starting to brake too. He could feel the loud crack of his bones breaking., feel the stabbing pain. He began to fall, there seemed to be no stop to this, no way could he resist this pain, he was going to die…

Memories started filling his head, beautiful memories, thoughts of her...

~Flashback~

" Naruto, Naruto, NARUTO wake up! "

WAMN!

"Aaaaaaarg! Sakura, that hurt!" Screamed Naruto as Sakura slammed him a little too hard. He had been sleeping on his couch the whole day, he didn't have anything else to do, and Sakura wouldn't go eat with him. But ironically, she was here now, inside his house.

"Hahaha, sorry, but I need your help. Oh and sorry for trespassing." She said, with a smoldering smile that sent Naruto love currents all the way from his toes to the tip of his every hair.

"It's okay." he said with a cheerful, loving smile. "What is it you need?" He asked as he stood up to stand in front of her, to look into her eyes.

"Well' it's something really stupid actually, but only you can do it for me" she said a little more serious.

"You know I'd do anything for you!" He said smiling hugely.

"Yeah, I know. What would I do without you?"

"Um... Come sit down Sakura." He said, pulling her with him to the couch. "Tell me, what you want me to do for you today?" Sakura giggled. "What?"

"It's just that you sounded like a sales man." She laughed, then she cleared her throat and spoke more seriously, slightly blushing and looking down and away from Naruto, "It's just... I need someone Naruto." Naruto just stared, confused. "Someone who can be my shoulder to cry on. Someone who I can entrust my deepest feelings and fears, who would listen to me and make me feel better."

"...Sakura." Naruto took her hand, and held it even when she tried to pull it away, then she just held it tighter. Tears started escaping out of her eyes as she threw her arms around Naruto and started crying loudly.

"Naruto, thank you…so much" cried Sakura onto Naruto's chest.

"You know I'll always be here for you" he said, caressing her hair, and kissing the top of her head. She didn't complain of this, she was already calming down, breathing slower every time.

"What would I do without you Naruto?" She asked, raising her head to look straight into Naruto's eyes. "What would be of me if you weren't here for me?"

"I don't know." He answered, then added, teasing: "You tell me."

"I wouldn't be alive." she said simply. "If I didn't have anyone to cheer me up, to hold me up, to keep me positive and smiling, I would just have broke in pieces." Naruto only looked at her, speechless.

"Naruto," she suddenly said very serious. "Don't you dare leave me alone, you hear me? Don't you dare!"

"I won't" Naruto said very serious of himself, taking a bit of advantage of this opportunity and pulling her back in another hug.

~End of flashback~

Sakura. . . .

Naruto rose his broken limbs, made a seal and in a blink of an eye, he was back in reality. Nothing had changed since he was caught in Sasuke's illusion, it was as thought time had stopped. Sasuke was standing in front of him, his eyes wide with shock, obviously surprised at Naruto's escape. "KAGEBUSHIN NO JUTSU!" Naruto screamed and ten clonesrose up and ran at Sasuke, kunais and Rasengans at the ready. BOOOOOM! Another massive explosion made both Naruto and Sasuke paralyze in mid fight, shadow clones and all. That blast came from where Sakura and Zetsu were fighting. Without thinking, Naruto released the clones' jutsu, to see what had happened, to get the clones' memories. The clones disappeared with a puff of smoke and the memories came. Tsunade was taken to Shizune, jounin were alerted that intruders were in town, and Sakura had apparently blasted Zetsu in pieces. YEEEEEESSSSS! Naruto thought. He turned and saw Sakura coming to him, starting at Sasuke.

"Is he dead?" Naruto asked her, as she stopped behind him.

"No, he escaped again, just missed the blast" She answered, not taking her eyes off Sasuke.

Naruto noticed Sasuke wasn't using Mangekyo anymore. Must be trying to preserve chakra. Suddenly the ground broke, Sakura screamed as her body rose to the air, a hard something hit her in the ribs and she was sent directly into a tree, which smashed and broke in half, Sakura no longer visible.

"SAKURA!" Naruto screamed and ran in her direction without thinking and CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI CHRI

Another scream, a puddle of blood, a hard something, numbness. . .