TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Awkward by RamenFox

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I seem to be the only one writing Yaoi at the moment but oh well. I tried writing some stuff people would be interested in but Yaoi is the most fun to write. xD This story is dedicated to my love for Yaoi and for everyone else. Basically I wrote this by thinking, "What if Naruto was openly gay?" Thus this came to be...Yaoi-fans, enjoy. No pairings unless requested and if so Naruto is the Uke, ALWAYS.
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: Naruto does not belong to me he belongs to Masashi Kishimoto however, if Naruto did belong to me....so many people would die...while some would remain alive.*sigh*

Please, need a beta, would love some criticism. I'm trying to work with better, higher level words so tell me if something sounds not right or weird. You know what? I don't even expect any reviews from you people. =__=; So never mind and don't even bother.

~RF
Chapter One: Beginning of a Very Awkward Moment

Kakashi was not having a very pleasant day today. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed. They ran out of mocha coffee in all of the Jounin Lounges. Anko visited him today and asked to have a foreplay with her, her being the Dominitrix of course. His reply, "Hell No." And now, he has to attend to a scheduled meeting including all of the rookie nine in order to review the new Genin's achievements and abilities. Who wants to do that on their day off? So many literature needing to be read...specifically perverted ones. Kakashi sighed and decided to impede his quick strides. They could wait for an hour or two, why not check up on Obito while he's at it.

As Kakashi made his way to the monument where his friend's name was etched into, he thought back on his students and their progress so far. "Sasuke is doing exceptionally well, Sakura not so great on Taijustu but well on the other fields, however...Naruto is...lacking." Kakashi sweat dropped at the thought of his blond headed student. The boy has been abstracted lately. He has not even challenged Sasuke in a few days now or even asked Sakura out. Maybe he's feeling depressed?

When an hour or so passed, Kakashi decided Obito needed some space to be...dead some more, so he decided it was time to finally head on to the meeting. "Oh joy," he muttered while pulling out his favorite book with an orange cover.

When he arrived at the meeting spot, taken place in an Academy classroom, he hesitated in sliding the door. However he sighed and did so, this time to be sure no eraser was being propped at the top for it to fall down and strike his already white head. Damn Naruto... of course, he knew that the eraser was there the first time he met his team. ...of course...

"You're late sensei!" He heard Sakura yell at him from across the room.

He looked at her direction and gave her an acrimonious smile, which she couldn't see anyways so there was no point in hiding the bitterness. "Well hello to you too, Sakura," Kakashi replied.

"Where were you?" Someone asked to his right. Kakashi turned his head and spotted the young Chunnin sitting at the only separate and large desk in the room near the chalk board. His name was Iruka Umino, Kakashi has met and spoken with him a few times before. The man with a scar across his nose always concerns himself with Naruto and his ninja business, like a father.

"I got lost on the road of life," Kakashi replied happily. Iruka leered at him. It's the first time the Chunnin gave him such a look, he's usually so kind to everyone including a porn reading pervert like Kakashi.

Kakashi scouted the room out to see everyone spread out and having fun. Sakura was complaining to her ex-friend Ino while Shikamaru and Chouji sat together near the window eating and looking outside. Sasuke sat one seat lower than the two gossiping girls while Kiba, Shino and Hinata were discussing something significant with Kurenai. Asuma was giving Kurenai sneaky side glances, to see when she was free for him to approach her. "It's so obvious, Asuma," Kakashi sweat dropped and lamented with a sigh.

"Well, let's get this over with," he said to the only Chunnin in the room.

Iruka gave him an irritated grumble. "Well, I wish I could, it's my day off so you wouldn't understand how much I don't want to be here doing something so unnecessary."

'You have no idea...,' Kakashi thought.

"But, we're still missing one person."

Kakashi gave the Chunnin a look. The man seemed to be miffed at something today and now he seemed to get why.

"Where's Naruto?" Kakashi asked, finally noticing that his number one loud and annoying student was not present in the classroom. Iruka sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know. I bet he slept in and forgot about today," the man grumbled some more.

Kakashi nodded. That sounds like Naruto.

"Want me to go find him?" Kakashi said. How dare that child waste Kakashi's precious time with his book by being LATE to such an important event like this? Despicable!

Iruka gave Kakashi a look as if he read his train of thoughts. He replied, "Nah, give him a minute."

So Kakashi found a seat near his students and waited. What else is there to do?

It seemed like a very long and tiresome time before Kakashi started to get fed up by his student's absence. And Iruka was giving him the death glare of doom as if it was his fault for his student's lack of presence. Being late isn't a disease, it's a choice or an unfortunate circumstance which a person has no control over....in a way.

"WHERE IS HE!?" Sakura screamed, clearly pissed at the boy for holding everyone up.

Everyone seemed to be aggravated except for the cloud loving 'troublesome' youth, Shikamaru and his big friend, Chouji. He's sleeping either at home or in the classroom, so no point in being upset. Chouji is always aloof or calm.

"That guy...where could he possibly be?" Kiba grumbled while his dog, Akamaru agreed with a yelp.

Kakashi couldn't help but imagine the child sleeping peacefully in bed while everyone here was sitting and being bored out of their minds. Then he imagined the said child's death...slow and excruciating.

"HEY! I see him outside!" Chouji said aloud, causing everyone to stir and head towards the window, even the last Uchiha and the Jounins. Kakashi lazily strolled by the window along with Iruka and true enough, the blundering idiot was running quite quickly towards the school. What irked Kakashi was the boy's face, unusually bright red and lustrous. His eye sight is good, but he's sure it was just the trick of the light.

After everyone went back to their seats, some cheered that the idiot finally arrived and soon they can go home while others continued to complain about his lateness. Kakashi waited for the door to burst open, and as predicted, the door slid open with a loud bang.

The boy ran inside and asserted his apology quite harshly. Everyone studied him, either with annoyed glares or wonder. His face was extremely red.

"Finally, dobe," Sasuke commented.

"YEAH! What took you!?" Sakura agreed.

Naruto turned to his two teammates and laughed nervously while rubbing his neck. "Um, it's a long story."

The boy seemed to have been clueless until now because after a minute of settling into the crowded room he finally sensed the disturbance that was emitting from behind him. The boy slowly turned his head, his face growing more blue under his eyes and forehead but still maintaining that bright red hue on his cheeks.

Iruka was now directing his death glare of doom at the poor child, who cowered away in an imaginary corner.

"Na-ru-to~...," Iruka muttered loudly and menacingly, each syllable slow and with promises of future damage to the boy's body. Then the man exploded. "WHY WERE YOU LATE!?"

Kakashi didn't know why the boy decided to hide behind him like a shield but he sighed as Naruto chuckled, fear clear in that nervous laugh, and replied, "Like I said, it's a long story..."

Iruka sighed and sat back down in his seat behind his desk. "Alright, alright, everyone settle down. We're two hours behind so let's get this started and over with. Can everyone please move to sit next to their teammates please."

Ino groaned and moved away from the Uchiha to sit next to her teammates, fatso, lazy boy, and future lung cancer patient. Kurenai hid her pink tint of a blush and went back to her students, much to Asuma's hidden disappointment.

Iruka nodded and glared at Naruto one last time before proceeding with the updates of the new Genin teams.

Naruto sat in between Sakura and Sasuke, much to Sakura's annoyance. Kakashi sat in the seat above them, still wondering about Naruto's bright face. It's still there. Is he sick? Should he ask? But then they'll know he actually cares about his students. He shouldn't risk it.

Kakashi turned to the Chunnin, who cleared his throat before explaining why everyone was here today.

"As you know, you guys have been Genins for three months now, and all have experienced their first C-rank missions. Congratulations for surviving this far in the Ninja world."

Everyone sweat dropped.

"So, let us begin with your progress. Kurenai-san, will you please give me an update and quickly, I will like to relax at home sometime today."

Kakashi looked at the red eyed woman who sat at the far side of the room. She stood and replied pleasantly that all of her students were doing well. She believes communication was also doing well and teamwork is exceptional. Iruka nodded all the way. "Although," Kurenai continued, "Hinata seems to be lacking in some areas. I believe she hesitates when she spars with me and her teammates. Although I do see potential in her, I see she lacks heavily in confidence. I'll see to it that her skills will improve."

Kurenai gave Hinata a reassuring smile while the poor girl blushes in embarrassment by being put on the spot like that.

"Also Kiba seems to be too gaudy and boisterous. He needs to learn that being ninja isn't being the most prideful and strongest."

"WHAT!? I know that! It's the other guy's fault for being too weak for me and Akamaru!" Kiba protested while Akamaru barked in agreement. Kurenai sighed.

"Thank you Kurenai. Asuma-san will you please?" Iruka said, after taking notes.

Asuma stood and put out his cigarette in the ashtray before him. "Well, Shikamaru is too lazy, Chouji seems to be doing well in all areas as well as Ino but all lack in Taijustu."

"How so?" Iruka asked with a frown.

"Maybe because we hang out at that Bar-B-Q restaurant all day every day instead of training," Ino complained.

"HEY! There's nothing wrong with going to restaurants that serve meat!" Chouji huffed. Ino groaned.

"That is why you're so fat all the time! You need to slim down or else you won't get a girl to like you, you know!"

Asuma shook his head. "Even though the girl complains a lot and it appears they don't get along well, teamwork is actually pretty darn good. They even developed their own fighting technique called, InoShikaCho." Shikamaru yawned and looked away in boredom while Ino and Chouji grinned proudly at themselves.

Iruka seemed pleased, jotting down their progress on his notebook, until finally he turned to Kakashi expectantly and with a slight hesitant worry in his eyes.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow and pointed at himself in question. Iruka gave him an annoyed look.

The masked man sighed and stood up. "Well, surely my students can't compete with the others progress, but Sasuke is getting better each day," Ino and Sakura cheered for Sasuke, mentally and verbally much to everyone's slight annoyance, "Sakura has really good chakra control but seems to be lacking in some fields on ninja expertise," Sakura frowned at Kakashi's description of her, "while Naruto....,"

"HA! He's still a dead last?" Kiba commented.

Kakashi's eye curved up while Naruto raised his fist at Kiba and gave him an empty threat. "Well," Kakashi continued, "Naruto has been improving lately," Naruto grinned at his teacher, "But, he still needs some work. That should be enough said. However, teamwork needs some...reformation as in...dependence on one another. ...they're lacking in teamwork."

Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto all frowned and stared at each other in wonder. Well, they do fight a lot, Naruto yelling at Sasuke and Sakura yelling at Naruto and Sasuke insulting Naruto and Kakashi ignoring them all.

Iruka seemed disapointed and shook his head. "See to it that it improves, Kakashi-san. Well, I'll get these updates to Hokage-sama. So let's end this and get the hell out of here."

Everyone cheered and was about to leave until Iruka raised his hand to silence them while yelling, "Wait, wait, everyone wait a second we're not done yet."

All the Genins groaned including the Jounins. How childish.

"Before we leave I need to see if any of the Genins have any questions or anything to say about their progress so far or any complaints about their designated Jounins."

The Genins looked around at their teachers and teammates, but all already decided not to say anything so that they could finally leave, however...

"I have a complaint!" Naruto affirmed.

Everyone groaned and gave him death glares.

"Shut it, Naruto!" Sakura hissed. Naruto ignored her and continued to his complaint.

"Kakashi-sensei is ALWAYS late to practice and he ALWAYS reads porn while we're training our butts off. We only learned one thing from him and that is tree walking and chakra control stuffs. I want a more reliable teacher!"

Everyone was silent by the blond's outburst.

'So bold to say such a thing about me,' Kakashi said, a bit miffed and hurt.

Iruka stared at Naruto for the longest time.

"Come on Naruto, what could you learn anyway?" Kiba growled.

"Shut up!"

"T-that's not nice, K-Kiba-kun..." Hinata murmured to the boy.

"Naruto, just be quiet so we can leave," Ino complained. "And why is your face so red?"

Apparently Kakashi was not the only one with that thought stuck in his mind for everyone seemed to have perked up. It's not everyday you see the blond boy blushing to his roots looking uncomfortable and embarrassed when entering a room.

The boy blushed more. "D-Don't change the subject, besides Iruka-sensei said I could complain so I'm making my complaint. Hush up!"

"Oh?" Ino said with a rise of her eyebrow and a slight smirk. "Did something happen today, something that involved why you were so late?"

Naruto tried to hide his embarrassment and chose to ignore the girl's question. "LET'S GO HOME!" He cried trying to direct everyone's attention away from him.

Now, Kakashi thought, that's not Naruto-like at all. The boy practically feeds on attention, sucking it all in until the very last drop is gone, as little as there is. Why refuse?

"Come on Naruto, you can tell us," Iruka pried, clearly interested as well.

Naruto frowned and was looking more uncomfortable the more people looked at him. Kakashi couldn't quite describe Naruto's face....and if he did the adjective he came up with disturbed him greatly, no way is he sounding it out in his head or more less sounding it out verbally. He'll get weird looks...

Instead, Kakashi put a hand on the boy's shoulder in an assuring way. "Now, Naruto you can tell us anything. We are your teammates. If you're hiding something, you shouldn't keep it locked in or else it will cause a misunderstanding. We won't think any less or more of you."

Naruto seemed to have bought that crappy pep talk because the boy gave Kakashi a meaningful glance.

'Manipulation success!' Kakashi thought, 'Now let's hear this little secret.'

Naruto gave a deep sigh and stood up. He seemed to have acquiesced to everyone's curiosity for he looked about ready to spill his guts out. Ino leaned forward. It seems everyone wanted to know why Naruto was blushing and if it involved a girl or something extremely embarrassing they could use later as blackmail (Kiba mostly on this one). Even Sasuke was giving the dobe his attention with a frown and a wrinkle of his eyebrows.

Naruto turned to everyone. "Today...I found out something new about myself."

"....okay....," Ino said, urging him to continue. "And what is it?"

Naruto hesitated. "Well...I'm not so sure about it yet but...lately strange things have been happening to me."

"...and that is...?" Kiba said.

"It's called puberty," Sasuke scoffed.

"IT'S NOT THAT!" Naruto growled slamming his hands on the desk at the other boy.

"Okay so what is it...?" Kiba ushered on.

Naruto glared, "I can't tell you but...I came to a conclusion that..."

"....that...?" Sakura repeated.

The blond boy, with a super red blush on his cheeks, put his foot onto his chair and pointed his finger out at everyone while exclaiming in a very vehement, ear-rending extent, "GUESS WHAT GUYS!? I FOUND OUT THAT I'M GAY!"

"..."

There was no other room with a more awkward atmosphere than this one that day. It seemed to be seconds or minutes before everyone replayed what the blond just said and for them to block out his boisterous noise of a voice to actually read the context of his verbal words.

Kiba started to laugh, "I'm sorry, but I think I just heard him say, 'I'm gay!'"

Shino's glasses slide down his nose, before replying, "He did."

Kakashi had a look of bewilderment. He wasn't sure if Naruto was joking or being serious sometimes. Is this a joke? Either way he took a look around the room and noticed that Hinata fainted, landing with a loud thud to the floor. No one paid attention, even Kurenai had to blink before blushing. Asuma started to cough on his cigarette, when did he light a new one, no one knows. Ino's jaw dropped, Chouji's as well with crumbs falling out of his mouth. Kakashi noticed how Shikamaru only gave Naruto an uncaring glance as if he already knew what was going down. Sakura was about ready to fall over dead, foaming at the mouth. He asked her out every day, he is so not gay! ...is he? Sasuke seemed to be choking as well, which would have shocked everyone that the cool and composed Sasuke Uchiha was actually showing more emotions today than his entire life. Kakashi even stole a glance to the only Chunnin present and father figure of the blond boy. His face was priceless.

Iruka was staring at Naruto in horror. His eyes were rolled at the back of his head with his mouth open in a frown. It seemed like he was aging as the seconds pass by until finally he shriveled into a ball and landed on the ground in a heap of skin and bones.

All became silent and awkward. No one said a word, not even the smart aleck Kiba had anything insulting to say anymore.

Naruto seemed to have calmed down and chuckled happily. "Man! I'm glad I got that off my chest! I feel much better now! Thanks guys!"

The boy seemed to feign ignorance to everyone's actions and got up to take his leave. All watched him go, even Kakashi seemed ready to not get up yet. It seems everyone needed some time to sit or else they'll fall over from the shock of it all.

"Naruto's.....GAY!?" Sakura screeched.

Everyone winced at the comment.

What's there to do now but to let it sink in and get used to the way things are going to change. Yes, things are definitely going to change to the rookie nine from now on.

"I should've kept my mouth shut," Ino muttered.

Kakashi couldn't agree more.

"Well....this sure made my day," He said aloud, earning looks from everyone else.

To Be Continued...???