Poison and Scorpion and Bug, Oh My! by StawberryVixen
Summary:

Photobucket

 

Originally: Poison and Scorpion

When a Scorpion takes in a Poison, then what is to become of the Poison when the Scorpion dies and a Bug is to watch her?


Categories: OC-centric, Het Romance > Fluff, General Fiction > Naruto Shippuuden, General Fiction > Timeless Characters: Akatsuki, Chiyo, OC, Sakura Haruno, Shino Aburame, Team Gai, Team Kakashi
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 12809 Read: 10946 Published: 19/05/11 Updated: 04/11/11
Story Notes:
This was, a one shot, of a one sided love mentioned, but it's turned into something a bit more. Character death and Spoiler alert for some. SasoriXOC(one sided), ShinoXOC in near future. R&R please, and enjoy

1. Quiet Poison and a Fighting Scorpion by StawberryVixen

2. Talking Poison, and the Bug follows. by StawberryVixen

3. Worried Poison and Silent Bug by StawberryVixen

4. Helpful Poison, and Watching Bug by StawberryVixen

5. Festive Poison, and Odd Bug by StawberryVixen

6. Fearful Poison, and Sleeping Bug by StawberryVixen

7. Loved Poison, Loving Bug by StawberryVixen

Quiet Poison and a Fighting Scorpion by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
Don't Own Naruto, just my OC, Ivy!

She raced down the hall. She didn't stop. She had to stop him from this folly. Before he did something that would tear him away from her. She knows he never gave her a second thought before doing what he was ordered. That all she was, was someone beneath him. Her hair was long past her back, and wood brown, her skin pale. Her eyes were a not to noteworthy, hazel blue and green. She was small in her appearance, and one would think of her ordinary.

Her black cloak with the red clouds flowed behind her. No, she wasn't a full member. But neither was she an outsider.

'Please! Make him still be waiting!' She thought, her feet barely skimming the ground.

She could see the light, but it was fading fast. 'No!' She panicked and stopped at the entrance to the hide-out. 'No! Why? Why couldn't I have been faster?' She thought, tears welling up in her hazel eyes. 'Why? Why couldn't I have a ring?' She clenched her fists.

She wasn't thinking when she punched the large stone entrance. It caused a crack, but she didn't care. She slumped to the ground, looking at the water that sloshed a bit over her dark gray pants and cloak. She sat that way, for who knows how long. But it was long enough for him to return, along with his partner and the one they were sent for.

She looked up, seeing him in his puppet, then to his partner.

"Hey, Ivy-chan, whatcha doing down there? Yeah?" She looked to the blond and stood on her shaky legs.

"Deidara-sama... How long have you been gone?" She asked, her voice a soft whisper, ignoring the question. He ignored her as usual whenever the blond was around, and shuffled past her.

"Day and a half I think. Why? un?" Deidara responded to her.

She shrugged. "Nothing." She sighed, and started to the spot where she was usually sent to when they were to extract a demon from a human shell.

She watched the others appear in their shadowy forms. Had even heard that there were Shinobi coming to try and rescue the Jinchūriki that held the Ichibi, Shukaku. But she stayed where she was, thinking of before she came into the service of Him.

She was young, around the age of eleven, maybe twelve. She didn't really remember her age then.

The rain was pouring in buckets, and where she was she didn't know. She had been wandering the forest for a day or so after waking up in a strange place with no memory. She was cold, and hungry. The clothing she wore offered no shelter, being nothing more then rags. Her shirt was ripped in various place, as was her skirt. She was also barefooted. Her hair was short, and crudly cut. And stuck to the back of her neck from the wetness.

She cupped her hands to the sky, and let the rain puddle into it, so that she may drink. She did this two more times. She then continued, stumbling and wincing on sharp stones. Then a smell wafted towards her. 'Food!' The thought struck her, and gave her hope.

Perhaps if she could sneak past whomever was cooking in this dreadful weather, then maybe she could feel full since she had awoken. She snuck a peek past a tree, and saw a site set up of two strange people. They wore wide brimmed hats, and black cloaks with red clouds. Seeing that they both seemed asleep, and the covered pot over the fire still smelled of left over stew, she crept forward silently. She reached the fire, and relished in the warmth it gave off.

She snuck another look at the two, then quietly lifted the lid to the pot. She didn't notice that one was never asleep, but meditating. He opened his brown eyes, studying the scrap that stood before him. He took in her ragged appearance, and wondered if the child before him had parents looking for her. And if so, why did she look the way she did.

She still didn't notice him, as she tried figuring out a way to scoop out the stew. In a sudden act of pity for the child, he quietly used his chakra strings to move the cup that he and his partner had used, and scooped the stew into it, and made it go to the stunned girl. She cupped it into her hands, and her wide hazel eyes looked towards him in surprise. She looked frighted to have been caught, and if his chakra string hadn't kept a hold of it, it would have fallen as she let go of the cup and took a step back in fright of being caught.

"I won't harm you child." He said in his emotionless voice. "Take it, before I rethink of letting you starve."

She looked to him and the cup, and stepped forward and clasped it into her hands. Her face was angled downwards, and she still hadn't had any of the stew.

"What's your name, child?" He asked her.

She shifted a little, and mumbled to her cup. He sighed. "Talk louder. And look to the person your talking to." He commanded.

She did as was told, and met his brown eyes steadily. "I don't know." She said loud enough for him to hear, but her voice sounded coarse. Like it hadn't been used in a day or two. "Drink up." Was all he told her.

She took a tentative sip, and when she tasted it, gulped it down in less then five seconds. He got her another cup. "Thank-you." She said softly. "W...Whats your name?" She asked, a bit afraid that he might take offense to her question.

"Akasuna no Sasori."

She jumped awake from her memory, as she noticed that the entrance was busted down. Four Shinobi raced in, faces grim. She saw Sasori beside Deidara, who was sitting on the empty shell of the ex-jinchūriki. She saw Sasori's eyes flicker towards her as he and Deidara 'discussed' about art. She understood to stay hidden, hide her chakra, and not to interfere with their battle. She nodded to his unspoken commands.

She watched Deidara goad the Nine-Tailed jinchūriki, and left on one of his creations. The Nine-Tailed followed, along with a Silver haired Jounin. All who was left was Sasori, an Old Woman and the Girl with bright pink hair.

She watched the battle unfold, and at times wanted to rush in to help. But knew, that she would be lashed at by Sasori's words and puppets. Her eyes studied it, not blinking, afraid to miss anything that was vital.

If possible, her eyes widened even further when the girl, Sakura, deliberately placed herself in front of Sasori's attack. She getting gutted of her own free-will to save the old woman. Who then went on to attack Sasori, and as the battle drew near the end, she couldn't help remember when he had given her her name four years back.

The girl was 13, almost a year with serving under Sasori, her guardian. She had still not been given a name, as he thought that she might have been killed by now. But she still strived, and was quick on her feet. She had a passion for plants, mostly those that dealt with poison. In fact, she even made her own type mixed with Poison Ivy, Yew berries, and Nightshade. She still hadn't come for a name for it either.

It was during her free time, being taught of more plants by Zetsu, that he watched her progress. Even their Leader couldn't deny her usefulness. For she even knew on how to heal her own poisons, mostly with Poison Ivy in the mix, which was good for her as she was usually her own guinea pig. She turned down for any human, or animal to be used for her poisons.

"Ivy-chan." He said, causing her to look up at him.

She tilted her head, confusement entering upon her features. "What is it you said, Sasori-nii-sama?" She asked.

"Your name, shall be Ivy." He told her.

Her eyes brightened, and her lips upturned into a smile. And he couldn't help but think that she looked at peace on finally having a name.

"Ivy-chan..."

"Ivy-chan..." Sasori mumbled, as he felt his life draining.

Tears welled into her eyes, as she stepped from the shadows. Causing Granny Chiyo and Sakura to start at her sudden presence. "Sasori-nii-sama..." Her soft voice whispered, as she knelt by the man that had raised her.

Puppet or not, she thought of him as a father, brother, best friend. And lately something more. She knew of his age, but it didn't matter to her. She wanted to be with him, even now as he was being cradled by the puppets that resembled his parents. She glanced to the Old Woman and the young Girl, tears freely streaming down.

"Ivy-chan... Be strong... Live a new life." He said, bring her attention back to him.

"Why? Why should I? You raised me! How can I go on, when the one I've looked up to all these past 5 and a half years, is dieing!" She cried out, fists clenched.

With his last remaining strength, he pulled her towards him, startling her, passing her a small scroll at the same time. He gently kissed her forehead, and brought her closer in a hug. "Because, Imouto, that's my wish. For you... to live a life... with a better... future. Not one... in Akatsuki." His eyes flickered to the two. "Please care... for my Imouto...Granny Chiyo."

When his arms loosened around her, she knew. He was gone. He would never look at her with brown eyes that she loved so much. That she always saw the warmth he held for her. She slightly pulled away, and stifled a sob as he looked like he was sleeping. She looked to Granny Chiyo and Sakura. She stood, making them go on the defensive. Her blue and green hazel eyes studied the two before her, before slipping her cloak off.

"If that is what Sasori-nii-sama wished, then I will go with you." She said, her eyes still staring at them.

Sakura studied the girl in front of her, taking in her small appearance. She was now in a black tube-top, with a long sleeved netting shirt under it. Around her neck was a necklace of a red scorpion. Her skirt was dark red, and went up to her knees, with black leggings.

"Then lets go find the others." She said, as she and Granny Chiyo took the lead. Ivy took in a breath, and followed the two of them out.


After the rest of the Shinobis', that had come as well, had met up with them they traveled to Konohagakure. It was the closest hidden village, and would be able to somehow still save Gaara. Ivy was out-casted in the group, as Granny Chiyo and Sakura had come up with the excuse of her having been a prisoner to the Akatsuki. But there was a couple that didn't trust her, and so the others followed suit on ignoring her.

Ivy sighed once again, and ran her fingers through her hair. Her other hand was still holding onto the scroll, and she was looking at it. It was an Item scroll, but there was a note from Sasori and till now she gave a glance to it. She looked at the others and saw them either resting, or talking. She opened it, and kept her emotions in check. If there was anything that Sasori had taught her, was that at times her emotions must stay in check. She started reading, stifling a soft sob.

"Ivy, if you are now reading this, then it must mean I have died. I hadn't meant to leave you, but even you know of the dangers in this organization. When I had first saw you, you were nothing more than a mere scrap of a child. Homeless, and no recollection of who you were.

Over the first year you were with me, you not only managed to survive, but you had made your first great poison. One that I had kept from using, but I am sure I had used it by now. With all your poisons, I had, and still do, notice that you use Poison Ivy. A plant not many think are dangerous. But you. You had found a potency in it far greater than the Yew's you rarely used. It is for this reason, that I had finally gave you your name, Ivy.

If you are heading to Konohagakure, then please give this to the Hokage to know more of your situation as well. Over the years I had watched you, trying to figure out if you came from a clan or a farming village. I had noticed that not even Zetsu could sneak up on you at times. And your pupils were near invisible. I have traveled far, and researched many families.

You are from a Clan, that was killed six and a half years ago. This was a year before you came across mine and my partner's camp site. Your mother had escaped with you, and you and her stayed hidden. But then the one who had killed your entire Clan, no not the Uchiha one, had come for you and your mother. The reason you don't remember what happened, is that your mind, unable to take the traumatic event, closed down on you. Making you unable to remember your name as well.

Your father was not of this Clan, but of another prestigious one. Hyuuga. Your mother and father had an affair before he married a cousin of his in his own clan. He knew of you, but to also keep you safe, told your mother to care for you herself and that he would drop in and give your mother money whenever he could.

He died before your mind could register him as your father. You do have a half brother. Hyuuga Neji."

At this she stopped reading, freezing. She re-read the line twice more before looking to the one mentioned. His eyes were pale gray, almost white. And pupiless. And was glaring at her, watching her every movement. She knew a few of them were curious of her scroll so she continued reading before one of them thought to take it away from her.

"When the Hyuuga Council finds out about you, which I am sure won't be long after you return, they will demand you to be either put to death or make you into a branch member with the lowest position in the Clan. But they can not do either of these things, as you are not a full member of the Clan. And as your mother was from another Clan, you are safe from them.

That is all I can assure you. Anything after, I can not be sure. I know you will miss me, but move on. Find a new love, have a family that I know you will protect with all you might. And, Happy 18th birthday Imouto.

Love, Akasuna no Sasori

p.s. - The dolls will be there for you whenever you need to grieve."

Ivy wiped a stray tear, and took in a deep breath. Neji was still watching her, but she didn't care. Nor did she care of the others who had began watching her. She did a few small hand signs, and a poof made all the Shinobi jump to their feet. When it cleared it showed Ivy holding two small cloth dolls.

The first one was a boy, and it had messy dark red hair, and brown eyes. A shirt made of black fabric covered the torso, and dark blue pants with a white sash holding it in place. The next was one that looked exactly like her, and she hugged them close ignoring the questioning looks as tears freely escaped.

'I love you, Sasori-san.'

Talking Poison, and the Bug follows. by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
This had been a one-shot, but since a few people wanted to see a bit more, along with a rather persisting little sister, I decided to write a little more. I don't exactly know how many chapters, but I am sure it won't be much. R&R, and enjoy^^

Ivy sighed, as she followed the route to the apartment she had been given. Through all the chaos, with Granny Chiyo dieing, she had been forced to live in Konohagakure. She had just come from a hearing about her well being, and if the Hyuuga Clan wanted her.

She slightly scowled in disgust that the Hyuuga, and part of the Village Council, wanted her dead. If only cause she was an abomination to the Hyuuga Clan and the former Poisoner for the Akatsuki. She had also been assigned a guard, whom she hadn't met yet. The guard was to follow her, and protect her as the Hyuuga Clan, and Village Council would try anything to see her blood spilled.

She entered her apartment, with a small one bedroom, one bath, and a small kitchen that contained a small table, to the side. Which she headed to see if she had any food, or if she had to go out shopping. She was rather new to living on her own, and the only time she ever was out of the Akatsuki base, was her lessons with Zetsu or when Sasori took her to the near by village with him.

Seeing it practically empty, with not enough ingredients for making anything really, she headed back out. After counting her money that she had been given as a living allowance, she decided she had enough for B-B-Q pork. She headed into the nearest restaurant, and sat. A few tables over, she saw a few familiar faces from the trip. They were gathered with other friends, and she looked back down to the table.

When the waitress came by, she ordered her food and drink and sat waiting. All of a sudden a tall shadow appeared, causing her to look up. Her eyes slightly widen in frighten shock. There stood a tall boy, with a hoodie covering his head, and a dark jacket under it with an upturned collar. She could barely see his face from that, but from the sunglasses he wore as well. And for a moment she had a flash of a tall man all in shadows, striking down a woman in cold blood.

"Hello, I-" He hadn't even finished the sentence, before she shrieked, and ran out of the restaurant causing everyone to look over to him. He turned when a voice called out to him.

"Hey, Shino, what did you say to cause her to scream?" Kiba asked as he walked over to his partner.

"...Hello." He said, confusement heard in his voice.

"She's a strange one." They looked to see Ten-Ten walking over to them.

"What do you mean by that, Ten-Ten?" Kiba asked.

She shrugged. "On our way back here, whenever Gai-Sensei would do or say anything, she would flinch like he struck at her."

Shino looked in the direction she had ran. "Why did you try to talk to her anyway, Shino? You normally don't talk to anyone that is not in our circle of friends." Kiba asked his stoic partner.

Shino sighed softly. "I'm supposed to follow her. It's a mission given to me by Tsunade, cause I can track her with my bugs." He explained.


Ivy had ran all the way back to her apartment, and slammed the door shut with a loud 'BAM!'. She was gasping for air, as tears prickled at her eyes. 'What was that flash?' She thought, walking to her room.

It was a plain room, with a single futon, and her two dolls on her bed. She sat on it cross legged, and pulled the two dolls into her arms, hugging them close. 'I wish you were still here, Sasori-san.' She thought.

She looked up when she heard someone knocking at her door. She wiped the tears away, put the dolls down, and walked to her door. She peered through the peep-hole, and saw Tsunade, along with the tall boy from before, along with another guy with a large dog.

Taking a deep breath, she slightly opened her door. "Yes Hokage-sama?" She asked, her voice soft as usual. But one couldn't miss the slight tremble in her voice.

"Can we come in, Ivy-chan?" Tsunade asked.

She bit her lip, but nodded and opened the door wide enough to let them all in, including the large dog. When the tall boy walked past, she flinched, which didn't go unnoticed by either of the three. "Would you like some tea?" She asked softly.

"Sure, but I won't be staying long." As soon as Tsunade accepted, Ivy instantly went to the kitchen before she even finished her sentence.

Ivy took a deep breath, and brought her guest's tea. She pored them all a cup, first, then her's last.

"Ivy-chan, I believe you've already met Shino-san, here. And this is one of his teammate's here, Kiba-san, and his companion Akamaru." Tsunade said, gesturing to the tall boy, then to the next with the wild brown hair and eyes, and to the rather large dog.

Ivy nodded, sipping her tea as an excuse for not verbalizing her answer.

"Shino-san is also your Guard." She said pointedly.

Ivy stiffened, and nearly choked on her tea. "E..Excuse me?" She asked, her eyes wide.

Tsunade's eyes narrowed. "This won't be a problem, will it?" She asked.

Ivy shook her head negative, and put her tea cup down with a slight clatter. "Good. Now I'm going to leave, and let you three get to know each other. Their other teammate, Hinata couldn't make it. She had a meeting with her Father and Cousin." Tsunade got to her feet, which Ivy followed, and bowed at the waist as she left.

Once the door clicked shut, she straightened and looked to the two boys and dog. The place was awkwardly silent.

"So... Why did you scream at Shino earlier?" Kiba asked, using no tact to his question.

Her faced turned slightly red at the remembrance. "I'm sorry about that! I... I didn't mean to offend you if I did! It's just, you caught me by surprise and... " She trailed off, not wanting to tell them the true reason.

"It's alright. As long as you restrain from doing so in the near future." Shino said.

She nodded and sighed. "Oh! Would you guys like some snacks?" She asked.

"What do you have?" Kiba asked.

"I'll check." She started looking in the fridge, then the cupboards. She was beginning to slightly panic when she looked in the fridge for the second time that she came across her Winter Melon Soup and, oddly enough, a very large piece of Steak Jerky.

She brought the soup out to warm it. After that she brought two bowls of the soup, and the Jerky. "Sorry, this is all I have at the moment." She said, placing the items down.

"No problem." Kiba assured her, breaking the Jerky in half for him and Akamaru.

"What kind of soup is this?" Shino asked after taking a sip of it, but his eyebrows rose past his sunglasses as he realized the taste.

"Winter Melon Soup. I usually add a few more extra ingredients, but since being here I can't seem to find the certain ingredient." She explained, but she dared not relax.

"What ingredient do you usually use?" Kiba wanted to know.

"Poison Ivy. I'm immune to it, and find it to be a rather tasty treat." She said, causing Shino and Kiba to stop eating and stare at her.

She noticed their staring and got a little shyer.

"Interesting." Shino remarked.


Ivy sighed as she sat in another meeting, discussing if she should live or not, even though she could never get a word in. Shino, who she was getting a little used to, was standing behind her chair, who had been rather surprised that she had Hyuuga blood.

As did the head of the family, but Hiashi could point out a few things that reminded him of his late twin. Her wood brown hair was lighter than his brothers, but it was there. As she was the first Mazi to sport such a color, as the Mazi had white. He could also see the slight paleness in her eyes to suggest Hyuuga blood along with her bone structure that reminded him of his brother.

An elder stood, his face showing his anger. "Give us one good reason, for that thing to live!" He demanded to the Hokage, and the very few elders that were on her side.

Tsunade growled under her breath. "She is not a Hyuuga, though she may have the same blood as Neji. But! She was born in her mother's Clan, meaning you can not touch her as her father isn't alive to take her in."

"That may be so, but her Uncle, Hiashi can take her in! And then you wouldn't really be able to stop what the Clan does! So, with that in mind she should be either dead or branched!" He said, causing a few others to agree with him.

Ivy quickly got to her feet, her chair scratching the floor, causing everyone to quiet down. "Don't talk like I'm not here. My voice may be soft, and I may be timid. But I don't even remember who my mother was. Or my father for that matter. I'm neither an Hyuuga, or a Mazi. I am Me. A person that lives and breathes the same air as you all do, not some common animal that your discussing to be put down to the slaughter." She stared hard at those who were opposed to her greatly, her little tirade making it to the brains of the Elder's and Council.

Hiashi then stood, and addressed her as one of his level in status. "Your right Ivy. You are neither Clan, though you may share blood with both. You don't have the Byakugan, neither does it seem that you possess the Maki Kekkei Genkai. You are indeed, your own person. And as thus, should be left alone." With that said he bowed to her respectfully and left the room, with the Hyuuga elder's in hot pursuit, begging to change his mind.

"That went well than the first I'm assuming." Shino commented.

Ivy nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but... That's the first time he's spoken. And to me." She said, causing Shino to look at his charge. He saw that she was a bit curious about her Uncle, but saw the resolve to not ask why he had spoken on her behalf.

"Shino-san, Ivy-chan." Tsunade called to them.

The two looked at their Hokage who was walking over to them, with Shizune following right behind her holding a pig.

"Keep a very close watch on her Shino. I wouldn't put it past those uptight Hyuuga Elders and the few Village Elders to conspire against today's verdict." She said, and Shino nodded.

Tsunade left after looking at them both, with Shizune close behind. Shino started forward, then stopped when he realized Ivy wasn't following. She had gone over to the seat where Hiashi had sat, an envelope concealed just under the tea cup he had been drinking from. She had noticed him put it there while he was talking. She slipped it out, and saw it had her name on it written on it. She looked back to Shino, and walked over to him, still wary of his height.

"Let's go, I think you said we were going to meet your teammates at Ichiraku Ramen along with another friend?" Shino nodded in answer and the two set off with both wondering what was written in the envelope.

Worried Poison and Silent Bug by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
Please enjoy, and R&R^^

Ivy stared at the envelope on her table. It had been a week since she obtained it, but had still not opened it. She didn't know that to expect, either it to be a letter or a notice of something that she might or might not like. She sighed heavily, and thought. 'Might as well, as Shino's not here but with his teammates talking to Tsunade at the moment.'

She smiled at the memory of first meeting Hinata, not expecting her to be the Heiress of the Clan that opposed her life so greatly, but was also kind, gentle, and timid. She was still nervous to talk to her half-brother, not even knowing if he knew that she was his older half-sister. Or if he would except her as such.

She shook her head, and not delaying any further with more thoughts, opened the envelope. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Hello my daughter, Ritorusutā
By the time you read this, I would be long since dead. As you may be wondering how your Uncle might have this letter, then you must know that he's known of you for a long time. But has never acted in trying to take you from you and your mother. So I had written this before the day I died, and confided to him my sweetest secret. You. And he has assured me he would hand this to you when you were ready.

No matter what you do, I would have been proud of you. And I will always love you, just as I have loved your half-brother, Neji. If you are confused on why I've died, all I will tell you is that it was of my own choice. My own free will. But I had never wanted to leave you alone. And so, this letter is also acceptance into the Hyuuga Clan if you wish it and are not happy in your mothers. Though I would never want to separate her from you. And Hiashi has already informed me that you would be treated like a daughter of his own, though he didn't know if he would give you the Heiress title as you would be older than bother Hinata and Hanabi. But if you turn this down, then give it to your brother to read as the next part is for both of you.

Care for each other. Look out for each other. Cause you are both blood. Sister and Brother. Don't forget.

Love, Hizashi"

She blinked a few times, re-reading what he had called her. 'My original name was... Ritorusutā, meaing 'Little Star'?' She thought and also thinking on how her dead loved ones loved writting her letters, and looked up when Shino appeared in her appartment. She had given him permission some time ago to do so if she didn't answer the door. She guessed she had been to absorbed in the letter to hear him knocking.

She quickly tucked the letter away, and stood up brushing invisible dirt from her skirt. "Hey Shino, sorry for not answering I was... preoccupied for a bit there."

He nodded, and sat as she gestured for him to do so. She went to the counter, and brought over some Winter Melon. She had found out that this was his favorite food that she always had in stock.

"Anything new?" She asked, and he negatively shook his head. She looked at him curiously, wondering why had hadn't said anything yet, or why he hadn't touched the Winter Melon. "Alright... Um, I was thinking of visiting my Uncle for a bit to talk to him." She told him.

He nodded again. Shaking off his strange attitude, she and him headed off towards the Hyuuga complex. The entire way there, she would sneak glances at him, wondering what was up with him. As they arrived, they had bumped into Neji who was just leaving. He stopped, and stared at her, then to Shino.

She didn't know what to say. 'How does one go to say that your their Big sister?' She thought, and sighed a bit.

"Shino-san." Neji acknowledged. Shino nodded in response. Neji then looked to Ivy. "You are here for my Uncle?" He asked.

'He doesn't know!' She nodded, and Neji motioned for them to follow. They followed him down the main hall that opened to an out door training ground where Hiashi stood, training with his youngest daughter. Hiashi looked up when they arrived, dismissed Hanabi, then walked over to the three.

"Thank-you Neji, you may go meet with your team." Neji bowed respectfully to his Uncle, and left them. Hiashi turned to his niece. "I had expected you sooner, Ritorusutā-chan."

She bowed respectfully to him. "If its all the same to you Uncle Hiashi, but call me Ivy. I have grown with the name, and don't wish to change it."

"Alright. Would you like some tea while we talk?" He asked. She accepted, and they sat on the deck after he told a passing family member of what they require. Shino stood on her left side, looking anywhere but her. And it wasn't long before tea was brought to them all.

"Uncle Hiashi... I want to let you know, that I still do not wish to be a Hyuuga. I've not grown in Konoha, and wish to live in peace." She started, and he nodded to her in respect for her decision. "I would like to know if... If Neji knows who I truly am to him?" She asked.

"No, he does not. I am leaving that up to you. All he knows is that you a Hyuuga, but not who fathered you." Hiashi assured her.

"Thank-you Uncle Hiashi." She said, and the three finished their tea in silence. Hiashi spoke up again before she could make her leave.

"Ivy-chan, are you trained in the Ninja arts?" He asked, his pale gray eyes studying her.

Ivy shook her head. "Not really. I know enough Taijutsu to protect myself, and those closest to me." She confided to him.

He nodded his head thoughtfully, and looked up to the sky. "After you have spoken to Neji, would you return here, for lessons to keep your loved ones protected better?" Ivy stared at her Uncle, who looked back at her. She smiled gently.

"I would like that Uncle Hiashi."


Ivy and Shino were walking down a street, having left the Hyuuga compound. She was set on finding her younger half-brother. Either he accepted her, was up to him. She just wanted him to know who she was to him, and didn't matter if he accepted her or not. She glanced at Shino, who still seemed oddly quiet still.

"Shino, you alright?" She asked.

He nodded as they continued walking. Now this was starting to upset her. He hadn't spoken a word since he came to her apartment that morning. And it was scaring her a little. Had she done something wrong? Was he angry from the second time she screamed at seeing him when, she was shopping the third day she was here, and had forgotten he was following her?

Just as she was about to ask the question she nearly bumped into someone, and stopped herself in time. She looked see that it was Neji, and she smiled timidly. He was with his teammates, Ten-Ten and Lee. Their Sensei wasn't with them, which she was silently thankful for.

"H...Hello Neji-san, Lee-san, Ten-Ten-san... May I have a word with you Neji-san? Privately?" She requested, her eyes at attention with his to show she was serious.

Neji's eyebrows furrowed together, trying to figure out she what she wanted to say that she didn't want his teammates to know. He crossed his arms, still glaring at the slightly older girl before him. He had heard she had Hyuuga blood, but that was impossible. She didn't have the Byakugan, and that was a dominate trait. Instead her eyes were a slight pale blue and green hazel.

"Fine." He allowed himself to say.

She smiled again, but this time it had a hint of sadness. They walked a bit of ways, with Shino staying with Lee and Ten-Ten as the three could see the two talk.

They stopped a good few feet away from them, when Ivy decided to just go for it. "Neji-san, you know I have Hyuuga blood, right?" She asked.

"Yes." He confirmed, still not really buying that.

"I don't have the Hyuuga bloodline, nor do I have the Maki bloodline. That's the clan I was born in. I..." She stopped, and clenched her fists as she tried to make the words come. "Neji-san, I... Here." She said, thrusting the letter she had read earlier to him. She cursed her cowardliness, as he took it questioningly.

His eye brows then rose, upon seeing the familiar writing. He looked back at her, as she had her face turned to her profile. He opened the letter, and his eyebrows furrowed together again, and his eyes began narrowing. He scowled, and looked up at her.

"Is this a joke?" He asked, causing her to whip her head rather fast at his tone.

"No." She said steadily, watching and staring at her younger relative.

"I refuse to accept you as my older sister! Or blood! Your a disgrace to the Hyuuga Clan, and my father is NOT yours." He spat at her. As he talked he had crushed the letter in his hand. He threw it as her feet, and stalked back to his teammates, then past them to go to the training ground.

Lee and Ten-Ten watched their teammate worriedly, wondering what had happened. They turned to look at Ivy, to see her bending down to pick up a piece of paper that he had thrown at her feet. They then looked to Shino.

"Do you know what just happened?" Ten-Ten asked him.

He shrugged, and headed back to Ivy who had began walking slowly back to her apartment.

"Perhaps, we should find our partner, and ask him?" Lee suggested. Ten-Ten nodded, and the two went to follow their partner.


She didn't know why it hurt. She had known he might have not wanted her as a sister. Or family. But it did. She walked stiffly down the street, ignoring the usual gabble and gossip. She stopped in front of a flower shop, and looked in. There, she spotted a green stemmed flower. It was bell shapped, and had three petels as white as snow.

'A Snowdrop. How appropriate.' She thought, and stepped inside. A girl was at the counter, her hair was long, blond and pulled back. Her blond fringe was covering her right eye. And both eyes were a light baby blue. In all, she reminded her of Deidara, just a little.

"Hello, welcome to Yamanaka Flowers. You looking for anything in particular?" The girl asked.

"Yes. I would like to buy that Snowdrop." Ivy requested, pointing to the lonely looking flower.

"The Snowdrop? Sure." She said, leaving the counter to get the requested flower. She wrapped it up to keep it from the wind outside, and looked up at Ivy. "Anything else?" She asked.

She shook her head, and gave her the money. She picked up the flower and sighed. "Hope." Was all she said before leaving the shop, leaving a confused Ino inside.

End Notes:
Will Neji ever think of her as family? And just why was Shino quieter than usual?
Helpful Poison, and Watching Bug by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:

Right, so this is the fourth chapter, yay! But it's not the oringal one, actually. But it must do. Ya see, my laptop needs a new LCD screen and I can't use it till then.

MUST READ:This also means, for those reading my High School Drama and Ninja's?, It will be a while before I update that one. I already have chapter idea's for those typed down but the chapters aren't written. And it's all on my laptop, not my sister's whom I am using now. The only reason why I am able to continue this one is because these chapters are written on a whim. After all, this was supposed to be a one-shot, but people(especially my sister...who demanded really) who asked me to continue this story. And so I have.

Also! I have all the chapters done, mostly cause the internet where I am was down for nearly a week! Giving me time to do this. So, I will be posting a chapter in the afternoon and evening on Mon(today), Wed, and Fri.

So, on with the story!

Ivy looked up from the vendor stall she was looking over with apples as she heard her name being called. She saw that the Hyuuga Heiress, Hinata running over to her and Shino a worried look in her pale lavender eyes.

"What's wrong Hinata-chan?" Ivy asked worriedly as Hinata stopped in front of her.

"N...Neji-san was poisoned i..in his last mission! No o...one, not e..even Sakura-chan can f..find a cure. P..Please Ivy-chan, c...can you help?"Hinata asked worry in her eyes for her cousin and being denied the help.

Ivy nodded, her face grim. Perhaps this can show the Hyuuga Council that she shouldn't be treated like an animal. They were still trying to get either Ivy dead or branched since the meeting Hiashi had walked out on three weeks ago.

With Shino right behind her as always, the three raced to the hospital. Hinata stopped at an Emergency room, and Ivy brushed past her into the room.

"Hey! You can't be in here!" A nurse said, noticing the ex-poisoner.

"Ivy-san?" Sakura said questionably as she looked up from Neji who lay still on the bed as the best his body could.

'But the poison must be bad enough for an unconscious person to move around.' Ivy thought, as her expression turned to worry as she watched her brother try to ignore the pain even in sleep.

"Hinata-chan fetched me. She told me he was poisoned with something unknown." Ivy explained stepping closer as she hid her worry and ignoring the nurses.

Sakura was hesitant but had nodded her head. "Yes, I don't know what I can do for him. I can't do what I had done for Kankuro-san, I can't even seem to find it." She sounded defeated, and Ivy nodded.

"I will not let him die Sakura." Ivy said placing a comforting hand on the Pinket's shoulder. "After all, I don't want my baby brother to die before I can know him, though he doesn't accept me." She said under her breath to not be heard but shock coursed through Sakura as she had.

Ivy went to checking Neji's vitals, and even double checked the paleness of his skin with the tinge of green and blue in some places. She cursed under her breath as she realized what it was. It was a poison she had worked with many times, and had in fact made. But she had destroyed it a long time ago due to the side effects to the one who perges it from its host making it's host blind, then shuts the body down. One by one each of his organs would shut down his heart last. And all of it would be in pain. How anyone found, and made this same exact poison made her suspicious.

"I know what it is, but he doesn't have much time. Sakura-san, please clear all the nurses from the room. Then bring in another gurney." Ivy instructed.

Sakura nodded and did as she was told. When she turned back around after asking for another gurney, she was rather surprised by the sight. Ivy, in order to get directly to the poison had cut a small incision in his wrist that it had gone into, and was sucking the blood out. While some spilled past her lips, the rest she kept into her mouth, before spitting it into a bowl that was placed by Neji when he first arrived.

She did this ten more times, and each time Sakura noticed the improvement in Neji's condition. By now Hinata and Shino had joined her, along with the newly healed Ten-Ten, Lee and their Sensei Gai. Neji, who was still unconsciousness, slowly opened his eyes. He felt a pulling sensation in his wrist and looked to see Ivy sucking something out.

She finally pulled away, spit out the last mouthful of blood and poison and swayed slightly. Shino caught her before her legs gave way. "He should... Be fine... Poison is... Out... All of... it." She managed to get out before she fully passed out in his arms.

Sakura had checked on Neji first, before looking Ivy over who Shino had placed on the gurney.

"Is she going to be alright?" Shino asked with slight worry in his tone.

"I can't be sure, but we'll have to trust that her body can fight off the little poison that was sure to have slipped down her throat." Sakura told him as she finished checking her over.

"What did she do?" Neji asked struggling to sit up.

Sakura finished her check, relieved that the girl would survive. Though she was still worried of the poison that had fell down the girls throat with Neji's blood.

"She saved your life." Shino told him a bit coldly. Sakura walked over to make him lay back down.

"She did it for the baby brother that she wishes to know." She whispered low enough for him to hear as another nurse came and rolled Ivy out of the room to one of her own.


 

"Hide Ritorusutā!" A woman's voice called out to Ivy. The woman had pale white hair, skin just as pale, and her bright jewel mismatched eyes of green and blue looked scared for her daughter.

"Mama?" Ivy asked terrified as she looked at her mother.

Mad laughter coursed through the night air, seeming to make the air shimmer around the young girl as she did what her mother told her to do.

"It's inevitable to escape this fate, Maki-san!" A masculine voice rang through.

"Leave us be!" The woman snarled and something flashed in her hand. A kunai. "What has my Clan done to warrant this fate?" She demanded.

The man came into view causing Ivy's eyes to widen. The man had to be the tallest person she has ever seen. His hair was dark blue, his skin tan. His eyes were cold and his smile screamed evil. He towered over her mother, a Katana in one hand.

"The whelp. They said you really didn't think you could hide her away, did you?" He said, and the woman fell to the ground dead.

Ivy's eyes had widened. She hadn't even seen the man move an inch, but her mother was cut down and the sword covered in blood.

"Your turn." The man smirked his eyes turning to her hiding spot.


 

Ivy turned into the sunlight that streamed through the window. Her eyes slowly opened and she blinked groggily. She noticed she wasn't in her bedroom, then remembered what had happened. She instantly sat up, ready to get out of the bed to check on Neji.

"Don't move so fast." A voice startled her, and she looked to see Neji was sitting in the chair that visitors used. She felt Shino's chakra just outside her room.

It was an awkward silence before Neji broke it again. "Thank-you. For saving me."

Ivy looked from her lap to her brother with a gentle smile. "No thanks is necessary. I'm just glad your alright." She told him earnestly.

"Why did you do it, if you knew it would make you pass out as your body fought the poison that slipped down your throat?" He asked.

"I did it because... I know you don't want to know, or even acknowledge, that I existed. But I wanted to give you time to come around so that we both can know each other." She told him softly. "And for the Hyuuga Clan to realize that I am not an animal to be looked down upon for slaughter." She added quietly.

A knock at the door interrupted what Neji was about to say, and opened to show Hinata and Kiba peering in. "Your awake!" Hinata smiled as the two stepped in the room. They were soon followed by Ten-Ten, Lee, Gai, and Shino.

Ivy had a sneaking suspicion that Shino allowed them to enter, but smiled just the same.

"Thank's so m..much Ivy-chan!" Hinata said as she hugged the girl. "Y..You healed Neji, t..t.though my C..Clan is so greatly opposed t..to you."

Ivy hugged back. "What does it matter what a Clan thinks? Though they may not like me, I will help them." Ivy said.

The others who hadn't known of Ivy's connection to the Clan, didn't look as surprised as Ivy thought they would be. "Such Youthful words!" Gai exclaimed, and Ivy slightly flinched.

Neji's eyes had narrowed, and decided that now would be the time to ask what had been bothering them. "Ivy-nee-san, why do you flinch from Gai-Sensei?"

Ivy and the others had so focused on the question, that they had not heard him calling her 'Older Sister'. She looked down to her lap. "I... am terrified..."

Gai looked a little sad, as the others looked at her with confused expressions. Shino placed a hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up at him. "Tell them why." Shino told her gently.

"It's nothing against Gai-Sensei! I can tell he's really gentle, a great teacher, and hyperactive. But, " She took in a breath as she tried explaining. "He's tall." She said being blunt.

Everyone stared at her like she had grown two heads. "I am terrified by tall men. Even Shino scared me for the first little bit. I don't remember why I am." She said, not delving into the dream she had been having before.

"Then we'll you help get used to Gai-Sensei at least." Ten-Ten said with a smile.

"Thank-you... Um, I can leave soon right?" She asked tilting her head.

"Why? You scared of hospitals too?" Kiba asked.

"No. I wanna shower and change." She said. Kiba snickered as the others smiled.

"I'll go see if-"

"NEJI!" Lee said rather loud and cutting Shino off.

"What?" Neji asked already annoyed with his teammate.

"What did you call Ivy-chan a moment ago?" Lee practically demanded.

Ivy looked to Neji as he spoke. "Ivy-nee-san. She is my older half-sister." He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Ivy's eyes widened and began to water. "Do... Do you really mean that?" She asked.

He looked at her wondering what the tears were for. "I would never not mean what I say to my blood sister." He told her.

Her eyes closed happily as she smiled at him with a tear going down her cheek. "Thank-you." By now the guys hadn't had a clue on how to handle her as Ten-Ten and Hinata smiled at her happiness.

End Notes:

Don't you just love family moments, when the girls cry happy tears and the guys have no clue on how to handle them?XD Anyways, R&R please!

Festive Poison, and Odd Bug by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
Second one of the day! Enjoy till Wed! R&R Please!

"Ivy-chan?" Said girl looked to Shino. It was a week after Neji accepted her, and Tsunade was also beginning to trust the girl. Especially after she healed Neji. But Shino was still her guard. Hiashi believed his council might still do something, and Tsunade agreed.

"Yes Shino?" Ivy asked. She had been studying her family tree from the Mazi and Hyuuga when the Aburame had spoken.

"I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the Firefly Festival?" He asked.

Ivy looked at him. "Aren't we already going?" She questioned, confused on what he meant.

"I mean, as a date. With me." He clarified.

Ivy's hazel blue-green eyes widened from surprise. "A date?" She said under her breath, but Shino caught it.

It was quiet for a minute, and Shino was beginning to doubt that she'd accept. He was about to say that she didn't have to come as a date with him before a shy smile appeared on her features.

"I would like that Shino." She said softer then her normal voice level, but Shino heard. If his jacket wasn't covering the lower part of his face one would see the most goofiest smile on him.

"Then I'll pick up at six. I have to go back my Clan for a few hours to help my mother with lanterns. Ten-Ten said she would be able to watch you for me till I return." He said.

She nodded. "Alright." She said, and went back to the Family trees. She gazed at her mothers name, Haruhi Mazi, for a few moments. 'A date with Shino.' As the thought sunk in a wider smile appeared. For a while now she had began to get impatient to see him at the start of the day. She felt sad when he left her at night, for an ANBU to watch just outside her apartment. She even thought of him more as the days went by.

Ten-Ten arrived and Shino left. Ten-Ten was beginning to like Ivy and it was showing when she would arrive for a visit. She noticed the smile Ivy had and she asked what was up.

"He asked me to go to the Festival with him." Ivy said happiness showing in the older girls eyes.

Ten-Ten blinked a few times before a smile lit her face as well. "No way! Come on! We need to find you a Kimono!" Ten-Ten shot to her feet, grabbed the Poisoner's hand, and dragged her to the closest Kimono clothing stores.

As they entered the third store, they were beginning to despair. Because it was tonight, most of all the good Kimono's were already bought. As Ivy began on the last rack, she spotted it. The perfect one. She carefully took it from it's hiding spot, looking it over. The inner kimono was a dark forest green, as was the Obi that was draped over a shoulder. The outer Kimono was a dark royal blue with purple butterfly patterns on the left shoulder, and on the bottom right. The sleeves were wide and long.

"Ten-Ten, look at this one." Ivy turned to show Ten-Ten the one she had found.

"It looks simply beautiful Ivy-chan! Let's buy it and get ready for the Festival. Oh! I completely forgot to tell you." Ten-Ten said as they went to buy it.

"What?" Ivy asked as she paid.

"Neji asked me to the Festival!" Ten-Ten gushed and Ivy smiled.

"That's great! Lets get ready for tonight then, and make you look perfect for Little Brother." She said as the two walked out. "Oh, excuse me." She said as she just about bumped into someone. The person grunted, and Ivy nearly flinched from how tall the man stood. Heck, the man was almost as tall as Kisame. He looked familiar to her though but before she can place where she had seen him, Ten-Ten had grabbed her arm and lead her away.

"Thank-you Ten-Ten." Ivy said and Ten-Ten waved off her thanks.

"It's what friends do." She assured her smiling.

Ivy's smile widened as she realized that Ten-Ten thought of her as a friend.


The two girls got ready for the night. Ten-Ten's outer kimono was light pink with no decoration, and the inner kimono was a dark pink. It also reminded Ivy of a fighting Kimono, which she thought suited the tomboy. They did each others hair. It was easy for Ivy to do Ten-Ten's. She had combined the two buns into one, only leaving two strands to frame her face. And to hold her hair in place she used senbons instead of chopsticks.

Now, it was a bit hard to figure out Ivy's hair do. Since she usually wore her hair down Ten-Ten wanted it up. They tried many 'up' do's but nothing seemed good on her. Ten-Ten was about to give up when she was untying the left side forest green ribbon. She had tried pigtails but it made Ivy look to childish. When that was down, and she was about to start on the other, she stopped.

"What's the matter Ten-Ten?" Ivy asked.

"Nothing. I think I got something." Ten-Ten said as she untied the last pigtail.

She brushed her hair again, then gathered just a bit of Ivy's hair on the right side leaving some down. She wrapped and tied the ribbon and stepped back. "Perfect!" Ten-Ten said smiling.

Ivy looked in the mirror and her pale blue-green eyes widened. "Oh, wow." She turned her head this way and that to see her hair at different angles. She loved it, and even said so to her friend. She then clamped her red scorpion necklace on, and was ready.

"Hey Ivy-chan?"

"Yeah, Ten-Ten?" Ivy answered as she got tea for them. They had enough time for a cup before the guys arrived.

"Where did you get that necklace?" She asked, and Ivy faltered a little as she poured her tea.

"Sasori-san gave it to me." Ivy said softly.

"The Akatsuki puppet man?" Ten-Ten asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ivy nodded. "You know how my mother's Clan was killed, and my mother and I escaped the man for a year?" Ivy said, and Ten-Ten nodded.

"Well, it was a few days when I had awoken with no memory on anything, not even my name. I had stumbled upon his and his partners camp. He showed kindness giving me some of their left over stew. After that I followed him and his partner." Ivy hadn't told anyone this story, not even Shino and she couldn't stop.

"It was a year before he gave me my name, Ivy, and a week after that when he gave me the necklace. He said it was for protecting me, though I can't see how it can. I can only assume it would protect me from the more ruthless Akatsuki members, to show I belonged to Sasori-san."

Ten-Ten soaked in this information as she sipped your tea. "So in a way, Sakura killed your father figure?"

Ivy nodded. "I know everyone was told I was a prisoner forced to make them poisons, in a way I was. I was never allowed outside unless he was with me. He didn't want me in Akatsuki, from day one. I don't know why he took pity on me, but might be because I hadn't no memory or parents or family looking for me."

Ten-Ten looked at Ivy then shrugged. "I guess even S-Class criminals have feelings. I'm sorry you lost him, but then you might have been killed sooner or later by one of us and then neither of us would be talking like we are."

Ivy thought this, then nodded. "Your right." She smiled, then looked serious. "You can't tell, okay Ten-Ten? I'm finally beginning to be trusted, and I want to live here and get to know my brother, cousins, and uncle."

"What about Shino?" Ten-Ten smirked at the blush that covered Ivy's face.

"Yes."

"Good, cause he just arrived." This announcement caused a 'squeak' to emit from Ivy as she turned to see she was right. Neji was right behind him, and was eying Shino critically. 'Guess he's already going into protective little brother already.' Ivy thought as she stood and stopped as she fully saw Shino.

He was still wearing the sun-glasses, but other than that nothing obstructed his face. His Yukata was dark forest green, with the bottoms black. His hair was down, and looked shaggy. He wore nothing else with it, but Ivy thought him handsome.

Neji had kept his hair tied, but didn't look as it usually did in the low hanging ponytail. He wore a white Yukata with the bottoms black and a black vest.

"Hey guys!" Ten-Ten greeted. Neji looked from Shino, then looked at Ten-Ten. If one looked closer, one would see the barest hint of a blush on his cheeks.

"Well, lets go." Neji said gruffly, but Ivy smiled gently when he held his arm out for Ten-Ten to take.

Shino held his own out and Ivy placed her arm on his. The four exited the apartment, and headed to the main street where the Festival was. Ivy's eyes shined as she took in the decorations. "Wow, you and your mom made great lanterns Shino."

He nodded his thanks, and she glanced at him. By now they had lost sight of Ten-Ten and Neji, but it didn't matter. They played games, got some food and just walked. When ever Ivy asked him a question, he would either shrug, nod, or shake his head. She was beginning to worry. This wasn't the first time, it was in fact the fifth time since the first time he hadn't talked.

It was while they were eating some dango that Ivy got fed up.

"Shino, why are you not talking? This is the fifth time in four weeks and I'm beginning to worry it's something that I've done wrong." She demanded but he didn't speak. He just continued eating, seemingly ignoring her.

Her eyes narrowed and she got to her feet. She threw the dango at him, and left him at the table in a huff. She passed kids with sparklers, and a few couples. One of them was Naruto and Hinata. When Hinata looked over her way she noticed that her cousin was distressed about something.

"Ivy-chan." Hinata called as she walked over to her with Naruto following behind.

"Ivy-chan, what's wrong?" Hinata asked.

"That's just it! I don't know what's wrong! I don't know what I've done wrong!" Ivy ranted and told the two about Shino's behavior, and how it wasn't the first time. Ivy was suspecting that he might have just asked her to come in obligation, not because he wanted too. That she was burden that was beginning to annoy them. Hinata had her arm on her cousin's shoulder as Naruto thought it over.

"I can go ask him if you want Ivy-chan." Naruto volunteered.

Ivy shook her head. "It's alright, I think I'll just go home." She got up, thanking Hinata and Naruto for their time and headed home.

She passed a few more familiar faces, but all she did was wave in greeting. She opened her door and slipped in. She locked the door, turned, and found a Katana level with her face.

"I see you survived, whelp."

End Notes:
Oh noes!A cliffy!
Fearful Poison, and Sleeping Bug by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
Wow, been a while, eh? Sorry about that! Wireless went out, and never came back, after a week long storm... three months ago! Anyways, I do have this done still, but I only have this chapter now. But don't worry, I'll be seeing if my sister can send me the last couple chapters so that I can put em up.

She knew that voice! Ive went to open her door once more, but the Katana darted out and nicked her arm. She pulled it back, grabbing at the small wound. She looked at the man, and gasped as she realized that she had almost bumped into him earlier. He still looked the same from all those years ago, if not a little older.

"How the hell did you survive whelp?" He snarled out the question, glaring.

She started back defiantly up at the man. His scowl deepened and he grabbed her arm. Effectively pulling her closer to him. "I guess we'll find out, won't we?"


"Shino!" Naruto yelled as she saw said boy walking past him, Hinata, Ten-Ten, Neji, Lee, and Sakura.

The three groups had met when Ten-Ten and Neji asked if they knew why Ivy seemed upset. Neji was glaring at Shino when he had stopped and looked to the six.

"Why the hell did ya mane Ivy-chan upset?" Naruto demanded as his eyes narrowed.

Shino said nothing but stared at them. He didn't move or turn his head away from the looks Neji and Naruto were giving him. Ten-Ten, Sakura, and Hinata were upset. Lee was confused. But it was Hinata who stepped over to her teammate looking up at him. She hesitantly brought her hands up and took hold of his sunglasses. He made no move to stop her as she pulled them away.

She slightly gasped in surprise. The others got closer to see what had made her gasp, and their eyes widened in confusion on what they saw. Shino's eyes were closed almost like he was sleeping.

"Hey, Shino." Naruto poked his arm but got no reaction.

"Where's Kiba?" Neji asked.

"I.. I saw him and Akamaru b..by the Steak Jerky s...stand w..with Shikamaru, I...Ino a..and Choji." Hinata supplied.

Neji nodded and left. "How's he still walking?" Naruto wanted to know. They were pretty sure that Shino would never sleep walk, mostly since he's never done so before.

"Alright, what's such a hurry that you dragged me away from my food?' Kiba grumbled sounding a little like Choji at that moment.

They looked over and saw Neji practically dragging the young Inuzuka with Shikamaru, Ino and Choji following. They were curious on what had made the Hyuuga seem out of character.

"Him." Neji said almost shoving Kiba into his teammate, but caught himself in time.

"Eh? His eyes are closed." Kiba said as Neji and the previous others huffed.

"No shit, Sherlock! Does he smell any different?" Neji demanded.

"Alright, what's this about?" Shikamaru asked as everyone kept staring at the so out of character Hyuuga.

"He had asked Ivy-chan to the Festival. And what did he do? Ignore her, not talk to her, and so she went home upset thinking it was something she had done. And apparently this isn't the first time he's been silent." Ten-Ten explained.

Kiba tilted his head and looked back to his teammate. Akamaru stepped closer to Shino sniffing him, then looked to Kiba,

"Arrrf!" Akamaru barked. Kiba's eyes narrowed in confusment, as he took a sniff.

"Well?" Neji asked.

"He smells of himself. Nothing else that I or Akamaru can tell." Kiba told him.

"I can try to look into his most recent memories of today." Ino offered.

Neji nodded and she did the Jutsu. She came back a moment later, confused. "His last memory was Ivy agreeing to come with him. And his last thought was helping his mother with the lanterns. Anything after that is blank, like his memory was wiped clean. Almost a non-dream if that makes sense." She explained.

Neji scowled. "Then how do we wake him?"

"Like this." Naruto hit his fist against the back of Shino's head. Shino stumbled, and caught himself from falling as his eyes flew open.

"What the hell?" Shino snapped glaring at Naruto as he rubbed his head.

"Great! Your awake!" Shino stared at Naruto rather confused on what he was talking about. He then noticed his sunglasses were off, he was outside, and it was dark. He then noticed someone important was missing.

"Where's Ivy-chan?"


"Doesn't this bring back memories?" The mans voice rang out in the night.

Ivy panted as she stopped running to catch her breath. He had brought her to the forest just outside the Village gate. But because it being a festival the guards were having their own since they were missing out on the main events. So they didn't notice them at all.

Ivy's once beautiful Kimono was ripped and ragged. She had cut the bottom of her Kimono so that she could run better. Her hair was fully down, and a few places cut from her dodging the mans Katana.

He had told her to run, and run she did. She hadn't been able to fend him off with the Taijutsu and the little knowledge she knew of the Gentle Fist that she was able to do, didn't seem to work well on him.

"What..do you.. want?" Ivy demanded through her gasps of much needed air.

"Just let me finish my job." His voice seemed to be all around her.

She began running again and felt the wind whistle past her, and felt a few more strands of hair get cut. She put another spurt of speed. She was trying to get to the main gate opening and thus to safety.

She felt a tug on her hair, and she gasped as she was pulled back. "Well, doesn't it? And with no one around either. Like old times." The man laughed his breath washing over her and his arm snaked around her neck. She flinched and struggled in his hold. She brought a fist up with a bit of chakra enforced and hit a chakra point in the guys hand.

He let go and she sprung away from him, running again. "Where are you Shino?" She whimpered under her breath. She cursed herself for leaving the safety that was Shino, but he had made her upset. He didn't speak, or even compliment her on anything. Maybe she was being shallow, but she would have liked some sort of recognition on anything.

She wiped the few tears that had sprung to her eyes. It was her fault that he was always around her. Maybe if she hadn't listened to Sasori-san, she would still be in the Akatsuki, still serving under Leader-sama and untouchable as always.

"- you might have been killed sooner or later by one of us and then neither of us would be talking like we are."

Ten-Ten's words entered her mind and she faltered in her running, but still kept going.

"I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the Firefly Festival?"

"Aren't we already going?"

"I mean, as a date. With me."

"Got you!" The man appeared in front of her and grasped Ivy's throat, lifting her to the air.

"NEJI!"

"What?"

"What did you call Ivy-chan a moment ago?"

"Ivy-nee-san. She's my older half-sister."

"Ivy-nee-chan!" A voice called, but the man's grip had tightened.

"It's what friends do."

"Let her go!" A familiar voice snarled out and the grip on her throat slackened.

"Ivy-chan, you alright?" She looked up at the other familiar voice and she noticed his eyes.

A dark brown. A beautiful dark brown that looked more worried as the silence from her grew on.

"Shino?" She asked as her vision still swam with black spots, and her throat sore from being choked.

He nodded, and looked up to see Neji and the others capturing the man, though Neji was being held back from beating the man to a bloody pulp.

Sakura walked over to Shino who was holding Ivy in his strong arms. Sakura's hands glowed the green color of healing chakra and checked Ivy over.

"The worst damage is her throat, but I'm able to heal that easily." Sakura said softly.

Shino nodded and the two stood up with Ivy still in his arms. She clung to him small tears running down her cheeks. Shino scowled to himself, not believing that it was because of him that had made her run home. He didn't remember what he had done, just that it was because he ignored her. In fact, he didn't even remember helping his mother with the lanterns.

"Let's get back into the Village and tell Tsunade-sama." Sakura said.

The others nodded, and dragged a hog-tied criminal behind them with Akamaru and Kiba bringing up the rear to make sure he didn't try anything.

End Notes:
Hoped you enjoyed this chapter^^ Again, sorry its been a while.
Loved Poison, Loving Bug by StawberryVixen
Author's Notes:
Please, please don't be angry! I know it's been so long since I've last updated, but this is the last chapter. I am thinking of turning it into a series, let me know if you would like that. Anyways, again sorry about how long it's been! And yes I am still working on the other story, though I seem to have a really bad writers block for it. *sigh* Anyways, enjoy!

'Where am I?' Ivy thought as she looked around. She remembered passing out in Shino's arms before they made it into the gate.

"Ivy-chan." That voice! She turned and saw him. He looked older, but she knew it was him. Beside him stood two other people.

"Sasori-san?" She questioned, then looked to the other two.

The woman was pale with hair white as snow. Her eyes were mismatched jewels of blue and green. Her skin was just as pale as her hair.

The man looked like her Uncle Hiashi, but had a kinder look to his face.

"Ritorusutā-chan, you've grown since I last saw you." Hizashi said to his daughter.

"She has, hasn't she?" Haruhi agreed with her lover, her eyes gentle.

"Mother? Father? Am, am I dead?" She asked her hands figiting as she looked to each of the three.

"No, Ritorusutā-chan." Haruhi said as she raised her hand and moved a loose strand of her daughter's hair.

"We came to talk to you." Hizashi told her.

Sasori nodded. "Why they allowed me, is beyond what I could ever imagine."

Haruhi looked at the once Puppetier. "It's because you raised our daughter, when neither of us couldn't. We told you that."

Hizashi chuckled at his lover, and looked to his daughter. "As you can see, you have your mother's personality."

Ivy smiled a small smile. "Um, not that it's great to talk to you all and everything, but what is it you want to talk to me about?" She asked.

"We came to inform you, that you hold a new, and right now, the rarest Kekkei Genkai." Sasori told her.

Her eyebrow's furrowed. "I do?" She looked to her Father and Mother. "How? And what is it?"

"It's a combination of the Byakugan and Illusion Eye. Not to be mistaken for the Sharingan, our Clan's Kekkei Genkai can cast Illusions that seem so real that it's near impossible to escape from." Haruhi explained to her.

"But in this case, the two have combined into something new and not even remotely related to any eye Kekkei Genkai that's known." Hizashi explained.

Ivy nodded, and turned to Sasori as he continued.

"It's also how you knew the exact location where Zetsu was. Your sense of Chakra location is greater, greater then another Clan's who can only sense Chakra. At some point soon, you will be able to tell where the Chakra points are in a person's body and be able to tell them apart as you will notice that the color of the Chakra of a person is infact different and never the same. Plants also heal you of their own free will."

"What's it called?"

"Little Sight." Hizashi said his eyes gentle.

Ivy thought over the contradicting name and smiled. It was such a small Kekkei Genkai it was large in it's properties.

"We must be going now." Haruhi said sadly.

Ivy's smile faltered. "Do you really have to?" She asked.

The three nodded sadly. "And Ivy-chan, you've found yourself a good one." Sasori said causing a blush to appear on the younger girl.

Haruhi smiled wide, while Hizashi didn't look impressed. "He's perfect for you, Ritorusutā-chan." Her mother said giving her a hug.

"Hn, no one's perfect for my daughter." Hizashi grumbled and hugged her as well.

Sasori was the last to hug her and stepped back. "Remember we love you."

"And tell your Brother that I am proud of him." Her father told her as they faded away.


"She's waking up." She heard a voice say before she could see.

"Neji? Shino?" She said as the two faces came into view. Where was she? What happened? Why did her throat and the rest of her hurt?

"Glad to see your awake. You were beginning to worry us." Ivy looked over to see Tsunade in the room as well.

"What happened?" Ivy asked after Shino helped her gulp some water down. She then remembered with a small gasp. "How did he find me again?" She asked after they explained that the man was being interrogated by Ibiki.

"The Hyuuga Council and part of the Village Council are the reason. They are being charged. It turns out the man had been hired by the Hyuuga Council to murder your mother's Clan when they learned of you." Tsunade explained.

Neji and Shino scowled. "Prudes." Neji muttered.

"And they hired him again to murder you, this time with the help of the other part of the Village Council. We also found out that the man's Kekkei Genkai allowed him to put someone to sleep, but act like there were awake, but the person wouldn't be able to speak." Ivy looked to Shino, realization dawning on her.

"You mean, it wasn't because of me?" She asked him.

"What do you mean Ivy-chan?" Shino asked.

"I... I always thought the reason why you wouldn't talk is cause you were fed up over watching me, or that I had done something wrong." She confessed.

"Ivy-chan, I like to be with you all the time. No, not like, love. I love to be with you all the time." He said, causing Neji to scowl and Ivy to blush.

"How did you find me anyway?" Ivy asked.

"My bugs. They've also taken a liking to you. One or two has always been with you." Shino explained.

She nodded then turned to Tsunade. "Um, Hokage-sama may I talk with just you and Neji?" She requested, and looked to Shino. "It's family stuff."

Shino nodded and left the room for the three to talk.

Ivy explained to Tsunade what she had 'dreamed' and learned. Neji was a little surprised that she had a new Kekkei Genkai and she hadn't realized it. She turned to her little brother. "And Neji, Father said he's proud of you very much so."

Neji hugged her, surprising both Ivy and Tsunade. He then stepped away and it was awkward for a little while before a knock emitted on the door.

"Is she awake?" Hiashi asked as he stepped into the room with Hinata and Hanabi with him.

"Yes, and I'm going to go. I have paper work waiting for me." Tsunade said making a face and left the small family.

Hinata hugged her cousin tightly as Hanabi hung back. Ivy didn't know much about Hanabi but they had gotten semi along when she would train with her Uncle.

"Glad that your alright." Hisashi said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"She's tough, coarse she'd be alright." Hanabi said from where she stood.

"I am sorry for what my Council had done. For the past and the now." Hiashi told her.

"It's fine Uncle Hiashi. I mean, it's not fine what they did, but you hadn't known." Ivy said.

"Still, it feels like it's my fault for not being more authoritative with my own Clan." He sighed.

"And I still say it's fine." Ivy assured him, then smiled. "And I found something out about myself."

She explained about her Kekkei Genkai, but not how she found out. Hiashi was impressed that she had found this out and promised to teach her more of the gentle fist.

"What will you call it?" Hinata asked.

"Little Sight." Ivy said with a smile.

Sakura then came in. "Alright, visiting hours are over, sorry Hyuuga-sama." She informed them.

They said their good-bye's and left. Shino soon entered after. "I thought visiting hours were over?" Ivy questioned as she saw him enter.

"I'm not going far from you anymore, so they can deal with this." Shino told her.

She lightly laughed and beckoned him closer. Complying he leaned closer. She took his sunglasses off and smiled. "Why do you hide your eyes, Shino?"

"So that I may gaze upon you without being ashamed, Ivy." He told her using no suffix for her name, and brought his lips closer to hers.

"Really? Guess from now on I will have to make sure I hide them then." She said with a smirk and leaned forward into the kiss.

End Notes:
Now I know this is the last chapter, but I do have another and am debating if I should put it up just yet. If I do, it would be more of a different following of events, and not fully center around Ivy as much as this one has. But I hope you enjoyed this story, cause I sure have^^ R&R please!
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10362