A 1930s Woman in Hokage Naruto's Village and more OCs by SpiritOak
Summary: Nothing much. Just a place for me to display my OCs...

Includes real-world people who end up in the Naruto world. Examples: an anxious mother from the Great Depression desperate to go home, a Buddhist modern boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, an embittered pregnant Hispanic child prostitute, and a timid deaf girl.

Spoilers for some of my stories.
Categories: Fan Ninja Bingo Book > OC-Bios Characters: OC
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2752 Read: 7434 Published: 16/03/09 Updated: 22/09/10

1. Betty - a Great Depression woman in Konoha by SpiritOak

2. Jerry - wheelchair bound modern teen in Konoha Hospital by SpiritOak

3. Hannah Rosen - Deaf, tiny, and timid by SpiritOak

4. Anita - teenage mother and former prostitute by SpiritOak

Betty - a Great Depression woman in Konoha by SpiritOak
Author's Notes:

characters all belong to me and are not for use. Anything relating to the Naruto world isn't mine, but the characters overall belong to me.

I try to avoid making Sues, but I'm always worried of going to the opposite side of the fence which isn't good either. How am I doing?

No character from the real world will ever become a ninja. It's also highly unlikely that they will develop a crush in the Naruto world (and if they do, it'll probably be a minor character or another OC). Nor will they automatically know Japanese without prior knowledge. Panic, confusion, depression, and homesickness shall abound, especially at first.

Name: Betty Ackerman

Japanese pronunciation of name/romanized spelling of name: Beti

Notes: Defunct OC; story lost

Maiden name: Palmer

Real World Origins: Mauckport, Heth Township, Harrison County, Indiana USA; 1937 A.D

Related to historic event: The Great Depression; the Ohio River Flood of 1937

Gender: Female

Orientation: Heterosexual

Age: 37

D.O.B.: September 3, 1900;

Astrological Sign: Virgo;

Zodiac Year: Rat

Height: 5'3, small frame

Weight: 110 pounds

Appearance: Betty is a thin woman slightly underweight. Her eyes are brownish green. Her hair is brown, midlength. Her hair is often a subject of embarrassment to her, as having short curled hair is fashionable in the 1930s where she came from, yet her hair is too thin to look good cut short and too stubborn to take to curling well (usually has loose waves in it when she uses curlers). When she ended up in Konoha, she was wearing an out-of-fashion brown-and-cream colored dress from 1935 that had been mended and patched for the past two years with a cheap leather coat she had bought some years before.

Attitude: Panicked when she ended up in the Naruto World, as she and her husband had been in harm's way due to rising flood waters while trying to help out their neighbors. She doesn't speak Japanese, which made it hard for the medic-nins who found her to calm her down. She is prone to depression and worries about the future. Hardworking and very goal oriented. She tends not to speak her mind, which makes it harder for people to guess what she thinks.

Goal: To earn enough money to higher ninjas to help her find a way back to her own world.

Family: Married to one Robert Cooper; mother of two girls, Anne and Mary. This is her main drive to learn Japanese and start working in the Naruto world.

Ninja Rank: None; works as seamstress in a shop in Konoha

Naruto World living: She first woke up in the Konoha Hospital after Kiba and Akamaru found her unconsious and floating down a stream. It was soon clear that she had no money and couldn't speak any known language. Since her language was unknown and she didn't appear to recognize even the most mundane things (how to eat with chopsticks, etc.), the first impression is that a blow to her head caused severe damage to her brain. This impression was turned down by Ino, the famous neurological specialist, who points out if it had been serious brain damage, there would be other things wrong with Betty, such as poor motor skills and sensory problems. Later, she was moved to a homeless shelter in Konoha where a volunteer worker taught her basic Japanese words and phrases. After little over a year of living among the lowest, she had learned enough Japanese to try working on her own. She began to work as a seamstress for a popular shop for custom made clothes. It took another year, but eventually, she earned enough money to hire a team of shinobi to help her find her way home to her family.

Naruto Relations: Uses the services of Hokage Naruto, Kiba, Shino, Hinata, and a blind female Gaara to find her way back home. Not really close to them though. She appreciates their help, but gives them a hard time since she has trouble speaking her mind or giving them any ideas on where she first arrived, especially since a few years has passed since she first ended up in the Naruto world.

Universe: Post-Shippuuden, AU (contains fem!Gaara)

Role: Point of Plot, secondary character.

End Notes:

Betty actually doesn't have a really big role in the story she had appeared in. She mostly appeared in the first chapter, then reappeared now and then. She didn't come to much importance until near the end, when she hired the former team eight to help her find her way back home. This eventually led to the climax of the main plot which was about Naruto and Sasuke, so Betty acted like the cataclysm, but not really a main character.

Jerry - wheelchair bound modern teen in Konoha Hospital by SpiritOak
Author's Notes:

As stated in previous chapter, this character is of my own creation and not for usage (I doubt anyone will want to use my characters, but you never know... I've seen some awful Sues get stolen...)

Unlike Betty, the story with Jerry did center a lot on him and the two girls who ended up in the Naruto world with him.

He is the only Real-World character I've created to get a crush on a canon Naruto character (howbeit a minor character who is too old for him by 13 years).

Name: Jerry Foster

Japanese pronunciation of name/romanized spelling: Jeri

Real World Origins: Seattle, Washington USA, 2004

Related historic event: None.

Gender: Male

Orientation: Heterosexual

Age: 15

D.O.B.: June 2, 1989

Astrological Sign: Gemini

Zodiac Year: Snake

Height: 5'9 (when standing); large frame

Weight: 200 pounds (a little overweight)

Appearance: A wheelchair bound teenager who suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). He still has the ability to speak and socialize, but has heart problems that the his doctor worries will kill him before he becomes 18. He has freckles across his nose, pale skin, and sky blue eyes. Has a minor problem with acne and when he talks his voice still cracks. He was wearing a brown t-shirt with a roaring bear head on it. He was wearing normal jeans with a belt with an engraving of a bear on the clasp.

Attitude: He is trying to come to term with this by distracting himself by writing stories about bears and with prayer and meditation on the teachings of Buddha. Ending up in the Naruto world is hard for him because he feels he only has so much time to spend with his family and friends. He has anger issues and tends to get a little depressed, but tries to hide it under a façade of jokes. His anger comes out more often after ending up in the Naruto world. This makes it hard for him to adapt to his new surroundings, since it's hard for any native people to help them.

Interests: He also likes to dye his hair in order to catch people's eyes. He feels it distracts them from the wheelchair. He likes any clothes with a bear on it. He likes bears. His favorite food is asparagus and he is a gum fanatic, and is known to spend $50 dollars when he gets money on nothing but gum. He even has a journal of gum types with his rating on them, along with wrappers and nutrition facts. His favorite brand is Trident.

Goal: Even though it's an unreachable dream, he would like to either be a doctor or study bears in captivity. His other dream is to settle down with his own family. Short-term goal is to beat the odds of his disease and go home. That and "flirt/go out with that 'really cute nurse'" (aka, Kaori)

Religion: Buddhist

Family: Father is an architect and sells abstract paintings on the side. Mother is absent-minded because she is always worrying. She works as a salesperson. Both are stressed out over his disease, sometimes to the point of making him feel like a burden. He is an only child.

Ninja Rank: None. He spends most of his time in the hospital, though he does get to meet two other real-worlders called Samantha and Anita who live in the homeless shelter. He considers them his family while stuck there.

Naruto World Living: Because of his health problems, he stays in the hospital mostly. Later, he has a heart attack and nearly dies. Tsunade operates a couple months later after coming to Konoha and after Sasuke leaves. He pushes himself to learn Japanese so he can help his doctors and caretakers. So he can flirt with Kaori and understand her is another motivation.

Universe: Pre-Chuunin Exam and on

Role: Main character

Naruto Relations: Not really close to anyone, since he doesn't really meet a lot of people (unless they're sick or medical ninjas, but even then, he doesn't actually befriend them). Unrequited crush on Kaori though. Hates that he has no idea what she's saying and is afraid she is put off by his disease or will see him only as a patient (actually, she does see him as just a patient and a kid that's way too young for her, lol! poor Jerry...) His crush and daydreams about her are often used for comic relief.

Reaches Naruto world: through meditation. Appears before the stone of heroes.

End Notes:
Kaori is the name of the nurse who took Sakura and Ino to visit Lee and Sasuke, and both boys had left their room. She's 28. (All details I got from Leafninja.com). Originally, I was going to have Jerry have a crush on Ayame, a more familiar character, but meeting her is less likely, since he is pretty bad off with DMD and needs to stay in a hospital (especially after his heart attack).

Before Jerry's major heart attack in Konoha, he had had a heart attack in the real world and a minor heart attack when he found himself in Konoha. His heart remains weak after his operation, but he is cleared from immediate danger.

Hannah Rosen - Deaf, tiny, and timid by SpiritOak
Author's Notes:
Hannah is one of the girls who end up in the Naruto world with Jerry.

Unrelated note: Kaori, who I mentioned in the past chapter, is the medic who found out Lee and Sasuke were missing while Sakura and Ino were visiting.

Name: Hannah Rosen

Japanese pronunciation of name/romanized spelling: Haana

Real World Origins: Seattle, Washington USA, 2004

Related historic event: None.

Gender: Female

Orientation: Heterosexual

Age: 12

D.O.B.: March 25, 1992

Astrological Sign:Aries

Zodiac Year: Monkey

Height:4'3 (small for her age)

Weight: 77 pounds

Appearance: Hannah is an insecure timid deaf girl with braces. She has a German ancestry (thus her last name). She's always mistaken for an eight-year-old and sometimes acts like it. She has short curly brown hair and big blue eyes. She tends to avoid eye contact and sign half-heartedly. Her hands sweat a lot. She always seems terrified or slightly hunched over as though sheepish or apologetic. She rarely grins or even smile, because she's embarrassed of her braces. Hannah tries to blend into her surroundings.

Attitude: After ending up in Naruto, she panics. She suffers from depression, since she's not sure when she'd be able to get back to her family and crush. Also, sign language in the Naruto world is different from American sign language, making communication next to impossible except with Jerry, who knows some sign language because he had a cousin who was deaf. Unfortunately, due to his illness, Jerry has some difficulty making the signs and spends most of his time in the hospital, which scares Hannah. Anita looks after Hannah, but Hannah is a little nervous around the severe looking older girl.

Interests: She likes cuddly things, poetry, old books, history related things, stages (not being on, but watching the actions in a play or opera, especially if there's a ) and chocolate cheesecake. She also loves to collect shiny rocks, and sketch horses and fantasy creatures. Her favorite animal is the horse and any fantasy creature resembling them (mostly pegasi). She has a huge crush on a boy called Caleb who goes to the school for the deaf she goes to. She's too shy to confess though.

Goal: Go home. Confess her feelings for Caleb. She wants to teach history to other deaf people and be a writer when she grows up.

Religion: Judaism. Jewish.

Family:Her great-grandfather and great-grandmother on her birth father's side fled Germany during World War II, so Hannah has some German blood. Hannah's parents divorced when she was little. She lives with her mother and stepfather now. She has a much older sister, but she had already moved out by the time Hannah turned eight and has a couple of kids of her own now. Hannah also has a baby stepbrother she adores.

Ninja Rank: None.

Naruto World Living: She lives in the homeless shelter. She has been secretly looking around for other deaf kids from the real world, but has had no luck. She stays near Anita. She can make her wants known but its much harder than in the real world.

Universe:Pre-Chuunin Exam and on

Role: Main character

Naruto Relations: She's looks up to Sakura and Ino. She's shy around all the boys and Hinata, since she's so withdrawn herself. Has no interest in having a romantic interest, since she already likes someone. Is afraid of the sand siblings, but is especially shy of 'loud' types like Naruto, Kiba, Rock Lee, and Gai. She can handle Shikamaru, Neji, and Chouji, though she hardly talks to them. Thinks Chouji would be fun to hug and would love to cuddle Akamaru, but is too scared of Kiba.

Enters Naruto world by: A dream of falling turned reality. Lands in the forests of Konoha, and has to be taken to the hospital because she was badly hurt from it. Her injures included scratches and splinters from falling through branches, bleeding broken nails from trying to stop her fall, an indirectly recieved concussion, and a few broken bones.

Theme Song: Shingakki 6 (New School Term 6) Azumanga Daioh

Anita - teenage mother and former prostitute by SpiritOak
Author's Notes:
Anita is the last companion of Jerry and Hanna.  She is a very different character for me.  Unlike the other characters I have created, she has a very dark history involving a very sensitive subject: Child prostitution.  Don't worry; despite her history, the story was never rated higher than T for language.
Anita Name: Anita Gonzales

Japanese Pronunciation/romanized spelling of name: Anita

Real World Origins: Seattle, Washington USA, 2004

Related historic event: None.

Gender: Female

Orientation: Heterosexual

Age: 15

D.O.B.: October 7, 1987

Astrological Sign:Libra

Zodiac Year: Goat (also known as the sheep or ram)

Height:5'7 (long, lean]

Weight: 125 (little underweight)

Bust: B36

Appearance: A tall, lean dark-skinned girl that looks in her twenties. Hispanic Anita is pregnant. She is the physical polar opposite of Hannah, being easily mistaken for an older girl. She often has a grim, irritable expression on her face. She can often be seen holding a cigarette, despite obvious signs of pregnancy. She has thick black hair and dark brown eyes. She has no trouble stating her mind if she can understand those around her. Speaks Spanish and English fluently. Has used recreational drugs, but no true substitute can be found in the Naruto world, so is in rehab. Despite her looks, she sometimes seems to be very childish.

Attitude: She is distrustful of people and tends to be critical. She suffers emotionally, physically, and psychologically from her prostitution. She is withdrawn, wary, and prone to nervous breakdowns and post-traumatic stress related panic attacks. She has a natural mothering streak. This is probably because of an event that took place when she was eleven. She is looking forward to being a mother since it would give her someone she can love and trust without worrying if she's making a deadly mistake. She has herpes and worries this might affect the health of the baby (there is risk in real life, but Anita doesn't know a lot about STDs; she just worries). She is also trying to quit smoking, but is unable to get gum or some other substitute for smoking. This also worries her. Like the previous two, she suffers from depression, but not because of the Naruto world. She is the only one that feels somewhat positive about a new land, since it provides a way for her to forget her troubles. She's struggling to overcome her emotional and psychological problems. However, she is still very uncomfortable around people, and doesn't understand Japanese. She worries she'll forget her mother's language because she uses only English around the other kids and needs to learn Japanese, so draws a ugly sketch of a girl and hides it in her clothes so she can chat to the drawing in Spanish when alone. Childish and immature at times.

Interests:She loves cats, monster trucks, and to style her thick black hair.

Goal: Not even she knows what she wants most, though 'to find some place to call her own' would probably be close enough.

Religion: Agnostic.

Family: Her mother and birth father were Hispanic and Catholic. Her Caucasian stepfather pretended to be Catholic to get with her mother. They married when she was six, but the marriage was shortlived because two years later, the mother died on the operation table for a relatively simple surgical operation. When she was ten, she was sold out by her stepfather to a pimp called Jack Daddy and his buddy, Paul Preston.

Ninja Rank: None.

Naruto World Living: Lives in homeless shelter with Hannah. Learns Japanese over time.

Universe:Pre-Chuunin Exam and on

Role: Main character

Naruto Relations:She recognizes the same pain she feels in Sasuke, especially after hearing his story of betrayal. While not 'friends' persay with him, she encourages his vengeance and lashes out at those trying to keep him from that goal. She's upset and goes into emotional shock when she first meets Gaara, because he reminds her of the younger version of a rebellious male prostitute who ran away only to be caught and killed before the eyes of his fellow prostitutes, including her, as an example. She resents Gaara for those reminders, but at the same time struggles with a innate urge to mother him, because a part of her feels that if she looks after him, the man she saw die would forgive her, even though she had nothing to do with it. Being around Gaara is painful to her, since she is torn between anger, unreasonable dislike bordering hate at times, and a need to be protective. She is distrustful and cautious around him, recognizing the danger of showing her negative emotions or approaching him. After his change of heart, she treats him rather coldly instead of standing around in blank confusion and becomes more likely to show her anger. Deep down, she admits Naruto reminds her of a cats and so does Kankuro, though she finds Kankuro's face-paint and Naruto's disregard for personal space a little disturbing. She feels contempt bordering pure loathing toward Jiraiya. He reminds her of some clients during her prostitute days. She has no romantic feelings for anyone; her feelings toward everyone borders on fear and distrust.

Enters Naruto world by: Stumbling into an open manhole after nearly getting hit by a truck while running away from her murderous pimp the morning after the disappearance of Jerry and Hannah (which she is unaware of). She appears at the spa, the same way Naruto and Konohamaru did in the anime.

 

 

End Notes:

This is it for OCs that fall into the Narutoverse.  For now...

 There are many more OCs I have created that have never originated from the Real World, but I'll get started on them later.

This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=9253