Reflection by hypersoda
Summary: As the rain pours down, Sasuke searches desperately for shelter. He finds a cabin, which he and Naruto rest in. As the days go by, they reflect on their time together. SasuNaru Modern AU
Categories: General Fiction, Alternate Universe & Crossovers, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto Characters: Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: Drama, General, Tragedy
Warnings: AU, Death, OOC, Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 842 Read: 5830 Published: 22/03/08 Updated: 22/03/08
Story Notes:
A) I don't own Naruto.
B) For those of you that have read the visual novel known as Narcissu, then you will see in later chapters that I was influenced by it. I had to delete it before I got up to chapter 4 though... :(
C) Note that this story is a more reflective story. In it, Sasuke and Naruto are looking back on the past year. That means that it starts off in the present, but it is constantly changing between past and present. Sasuke and Naruto are 16, and they are 15 in the reflective parts.
Faint by hypersoda

(Normal, third-person POV)

The rain poured down, soaking them to the skin. Sasuke didn't care. Both of them needed to get to shelter.

He continued to run, barely managing to avoid the rocks that he could trip over, and the tree branches that could smack him square in the face. Finally, he stumbled upon an old cabin. He looked down at the teen that he held in his arms. Uzumaki Naruto.

Hang in there...please...

Slowly, he opened the door and stepped inside.

“Hello? Is anybody here?”

Sasuke listened. No answer. He figured that the cabin was probably abandoned.

He stepped closer inside, and sat down in the darkness, placing Naruto against his chest. Fumbling around in his pocket, he finally found a lighter. Once flicked on, it illuminated the darkness that had almost completely engulfed the two.

After some many minutes of glancing around with the little light (no pun intended) that he had, he found a candle. After a few attempts, he had successfully managed to light it. Now able to seem he lifted Naruto up and carried him over to the bed on the other side of the cabin.

A few hours later, Naruto awoke, only to find that his head was laying against Sasuke's chest. Sasuke had dozed off. Gently, Naruto shook one of Sasuke's shoulders. Sasuke's eyes flew open.

“Sasuke?”

Sasuke glanced at Naruto, realizing that he was awake. He began to think of what to do next. Should they leave and go somewhere else? Should they stay here?

However, Naruto broke Sasuke's train of thought when he got out of bed and tried to walk around the cabin.

“Naruto!”

“What...? Do you have a problem with me standing?”

“...Your condition hasn't been too great lately...”

“Then, I might as well enjoy life as long as I can still stand, right?”

Although he had spent such a long time with him, Sasuke still didn't understand how Naruto was always so energetic and optimistic.

Again, Naruto shattered his train of thought.

He had fainted.

“NARUTO!”

Sasuke immediately walked to the other side of the cabin, lifted Naruto into his arms, and placed him back on the bed. Things were just getting worse...

Naruto awoke about an hour later. Managing to sit up, he positioned himself against the wall. Sasuke noticed this, and went over to Naruto right away, just in case Naruto tried to get out of bed again.

However, as he got closer to Naruto, he realized that Naruto was still wearing something from one year ago. He'd kept it hidden all this time.

Naruto realized what Sasuke was staring at. He smiled.

“Sasuke...”

Sasuke looked up at Naruto.

“Do you remember when we first met?”
End Notes:
Just in case you haven't noticed or don't know: A) I don't own Naruto.
B) For those of you that have read the visual novel known as Narcissu, then you will see in later chapters that I was influenced by it. I had to delete it before I got up to chapter 4 though... :(
C) Note that this story is a more reflective story. In it, Sasuke and Naruto are looking back on the past year. That means that it starts off in the present, but it is constantly changing between past and present. Sasuke and Naruto are 16, and they are 15 in the reflective parts
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7813