Leaf's Squad 15 by Zaku Hyuga
Summary: Follow along in the adventures of Squad 15; consisting of Zaku Hyuga, Shinabaru Nara, Mizuki Hiroshi, and their Jounin leader Satoshi Kimura. During the time of Naruto, excluding the entire Orochimaru ordeal, Squad 15 will take on many opponents, including Naruto himself, and test their limits.
Categories: Alternate Universe & Crossovers, OC-centric Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 10029 Read: 14282 Published: 18/01/08 Updated: 26/11/08

1. Chapter 1 Shinabaru's Showdown- Part 1 by Zaku Hyuga

2. Chapter 2 Shinabaru's Showdown - Part 2 by Zaku Hyuga

3. Chapter 3 The Wakai Kouyou by Zaku Hyuga

4. Chapter 4 Punishment! 30 days D-Rank by Zaku Hyuga

5. Chapter 5 Training Galore! by Zaku Hyuga

6. Chapter 6 Trickery, Deception, and a Giggle? by Zaku Hyuga

7. Chapter 7: Crush-ed by Zaku Hyuga

Chapter 1 Shinabaru's Showdown- Part 1 by Zaku Hyuga
"Man Zaku, I can't believe you were promoted to chuunin and not me," Mizuki moaned as the squad sat at the Ichiraku Ramen Shop," I mean, you couldn't get past the academy graduation."
"This is true," interrupted Satoshi, "but he calculated and displayed his jutsu skillfully in front of the procters, allowing him to win the match and graduate."
"Yeah, and besides that cloud ninja owned you in your match. In front of the whole village too. There's no way they would have passed you!" Shinabaru cackled.
"Look who's talking! His sister beat you!"
"And? I don't know many good jutsu yet."
"Escuses, excuses!" Mizuki let out, as she and Shinabaru leaned closer together staring into each other's eyes.
"Stop you two! Don't get started again." Satoshi bellowed from his seat between them.
"Jeesh. What a pair." Zaku thought to himself. "Anyways....Anyone want to spar when we're done? It's great training." Zaku tried to coax them.
"No thanks. I'll pass." Shinabaru let out quickly.
"Me neither. You hit way to hard you jerk." Mizuki snarled at Zaku.
Satoshi said looking at Mizuki disapoitedly, "How many times do I need to tell you, there is no need for name calling."
"Sorry sensei." Mizuki apologized dryly. Sninabaru snickered while slurping down the last of his ramen and Mizuki shot him a dirty look.
"And Zaku, she is right. You do hit a bit hard when sparring. I'm still not peeing regularly since you hit me in the bladder in our last match."
"Sorry about that sensei. I didn't mean to put that much chakra into the hit. I got carried away again." Zaku said as he and Shinabaru tried to hide the smiles on their faces, caused by Satoshi's comment on his bladder problem.
"It's okay. You just need to control yourself a little better in your mock fights." Satoshi said as he lingered on the thought if he hadn't made that slight dodge before the blow hit he'd probaly have been put in the hospital for a day or two.
"OH NO!!! Look at the time! My mom said she wanted me home 15 minutes ago! See ya!" Mizuki yelled as she ran down the street.
"Well, whatever Mizuki says. I could beat Zaku if I wanted to, chuunin or not. Probably any other genin too." Gloated Shinabaru, spinning on his stool, which he did whenever he grew bored, which was very easy to happen to him.
"Oh, really" replied Zaku, spotting his opportunity to teach Shinabaru a lesson.
"Yeah, really."
"Here we go." Satoshi mumbled to himself as he shook his head.
"See that kid over there?"
"The blonde one walking over here?"
"Ya, that one. Why don't you challenge him to a fight?"
"Sure! Who is he?"
"Something like Narodo, Narugo. I don't know. We were in the same class one year at the academy."
"It's Naruto Uzumaki." Satoshi answered.
"Wait! Naruto Uzumaki! That's the kid who beat Neji at the last Chuunin Exams!"
"So. You said any genin, and as far as i know he's still a genin. Not going to back down are you?"
teased Zaku.
"No way!" exclaimed shinabaru as he got off of his stool to walk over to Naruto, meeting him in the middle of the street."Hey you!"
"What do you want?" Naruto replied.
"I'd like to challenge you to a fight." Shinabaru announced pointing his finger at Naruto.
"Ah! So you've heard of my greatness, and have been waiting for a taste?" Naruto answered, grinning and pointing to himself with his thumb.
"Umm...No," Shinabaru said, "We just picked you off of the street."
"What! I'm Naruto Uzumaki! The greatest ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, believe it!" Naruto yelled, outraged at Shinabaru's answer.
Watching on from the ramen shop, Satoshi leaned over to Zaku and whispered, "You do realize that Shinabaru is going to be torn to shreds, don't you?"
"Oh, yeah, of course. I'm just tryng to teach him a lesson in humility."
"If you say so. All i know is this will end badly."
"Fine! I accept your challenge!" Naruto told Shinabaru," Lets meet at the prctice grounds tomorrow at four."
"Hehe. Perfect." thought Shinabaru, "My shadow possession will be super strong at that time of day."
"It's a deal!" Shinabaru replied, shaking Naruto's hand.
Chapter 2 Shinabaru's Showdown - Part 2 by Zaku Hyuga
[the next day]
“Shinabaru we better leave now if we’re going to make it in time for your match .” Zaku called as he and Satoshi waited outside Shinabaru’s house. Zaku was digging his toe in the dirt when Shinabaru came running out.
“Ready,” Shinabaru said huffing, “had to rush and get my stuff. Mom made me clean my room before I cold leave.” He rolled his eyes.
“Okay let’s get moving.” Satoshi commanded. The trio walked down the path with the sun gleaming off of their headbands, when they heard shouting.
“Wait up!” Mizuki shouted as she chased after them.
“Oh, hey Mizuki.” Satoshi said when she finally caught up.
“Hey--guys.” said Mizuki in between breathes.
“We started to think you weren’t coming after all.” Zaku said looking at Mizuki.
“I wouldn’t–miss this–for–the world.” Mizuki got out still trying to catch her breath, smiling as they walked.
“What were you able to find out about Naruto , Zaku?” Shinabaru asked, glaring at Mizuki, trying to figure out what exactly she meant by her comment.
“Right. I almost forgot.” Zaku told Shinabaru, “I was able to find out that he’s really good at Shadow Clone jutsu and he...”
[a short while later]
“Hey, I started to think that you chickened out!” Naruto yelled from the post he was sitting on.
“You wish.” Shinabaru yelled back.
Sasuke was leaning against the post on Naruto’s right and Sakura was sitting next to Sasuke. Kakashi was leaning against a tree reading “Icha Icha Paradise”.
“It’s been awhile, Satoshi.” Kakasi said, not looking up from his story.
“That it has. I see your still reading your favorite book series.” Satoshi answered as squad 15 approached the group.
“You know each other?” Sakura asked.
“Yes. We were on the Anbu Black Ops together for a few years.”Kakashi replied as he put his book away.
“That’s right. He saved my life on more than one occasion, I didn’t quite get to pay him back.” Satoshi added.
“Enough about you two,” Naruto cut into the reminiscing, “This is about me and him.
“Naruto that’s so rude!” Sakura yelled as she clobbered Naruto.
“That’s right though, except that you’re the one who’s gonna get his butt kicked!” Shinabaru fired back. Sasuke, Zaku, and Mizuki chuckled at the trade-off of insults that ensued.
“Why don’t we get this match started.” Kakashi interrupted the insults, “I’ll referee if no one has a problem with it.”
“No complaints from me.” said Shinabaru.
“Me neither.” Naruto said.
“Then let the match begin!”
Shinabaru and Naruto charged each other. Naruto threw a right punch. Shinabaru dodged to the left and tried kneeing Naruto in the gut. Naruto jumped into the air and flipped behind Shinabaru. He kicked Shinabaru's side. Shinabaru popped in a cloud of smoke.
"What!?" Naruto said looking around. Just as he looked up he saw Shinabaru's foot coming at him. Naruto did three backflips to evade the kick. Shinabaru threw a bunch of shuriken and kunai at Naruto. Naruto ducked just in time and the weapons pummeled the tree behind him.
"Pretty good." Naruto congradulated, breathing a bit heavier than when the match began.
"Ya, you too." Shinabaru said, also breathing heavier. Naruto stood up straight.
"Okay! Time to get serious! Shadow clone jutsu!" A clone appeared on either of Naruto's sides.
"Alright. You wanna get serious, let's get serious." Shinabaru growled through clenched teeth,"Shadow Defense!" Shinabaru's shadow become a circle and he was in the middle of it. Tentacle-like projections shot up from the circle."Bring it!"
"Very impressive. Looks like they are going to get serious." Satoshi thought.
"No problem!" Naruto yelled as he and his clones charged. As soon as they got near the tentacles whipped the clones and Naruto, popping the clones and sending Naruto flying backwards.
"I'll just try again. Shadow Clone Jutsu!" This time Naruto created three clones. Naruto and the clones charged from all directions. The attack ended in the same results as the first.
"Grrr. I can't break through. He's defended everywhere." Naruto thought to himself, "Wait! I have an idea!" Naruto created three more clones.
"Naruto that's not working!" Sakura yelled.
"Man. What a loser." Sasuke commented.
"Wow! Shinabaru's winning." Mizuki stated in astonishment.
"Not for long. He's getting caocky and letting his guard down." Zaku observed aloud.
"Huh? What?" Mizuki and Sakura said simultaneously.
"He's right," Satoshi said knowingly, "watch." Mizuki and Sakura turned their attention back to the fight. Naruto and his clones charged once more.
"Trying again? It still won't work." Shinabaru forewarned. The clones met the tentacles again, but this time all of the Narutos popped, a real one didn't fly away this time.
"What in the world? Where is he-" Shinabaru almost got to finish saying before kicked in the back of the head by Naruto. Shinabaru was sent flying into the trees.
"Haha. Fool! You got so busy watching my clones around you, you forgot to watch from above."
"Ya, well I've got the advantage now!" Shinabaru called from within the trees.
"Come on out here coward!"Naruto yelled.
"You have to find me first."
"Fine if you won't come out then I'll come in." Naruto walked into the trees looking around carefully, making sure to keep his guard up for a surprise attack. "There's no use in hiding, I'm going to find you."
"I doubt that!" Shinabaru called from within the trees.
"Hehe. Gotcha." Naruto spotted Shinabaru's shadow coming from behind a tree in the direction he yelled from.
"Oh Shinabaru." Satoshi said shaking his head disappointedly. Zaku started chuckling.
"What are you laughing about? It's not funny. He gave himself away so stupidly. I'm embarrased to be on the same team." Mizuki stated.
"You'll see in a minute." Zaku answered still smirking.
Naruto crept over to where the shadow was. Naruto swang with a kunai around the other side of the tree, only for it to meet bark. Naruto couldn't believe his eyes. The shadow was there, he was right on top of it, but no Shina--- BOOM!!! The shadow exploded right under Naruto's feet. The ground vibrated knocking everyone but Kakashi and Satoshi to the ground. Naruto went flying 10 feet in the air into the main clearing. Shinabaru stepped out of the other side of the clearing. Everyone stood up, wide-eyed with astonishment at the power of the attack.
"Wow that was a lot stronger than I thought it'd be." Zaku said, still getting to his feet.
"That was my Shadow Bomb jutsu. I can enfuse my chakra with part of my shadow then leave it behind to detonate when I choose. In that liitle trick I used my whole shadow so you would think I was hiding behind the tree. Hehe, gotcha."
"I didn't even know he could do that." Satoshi exclaimed still amazed.
"Ya, he started to work on it after the Cuunin Exams. He just got it to work a couple of days ago." Zaku informed everyone.
"Very impressive." Kakashi told himself.
Naruto got to his feet. "Nice trick, but I'm not finished yet."
"Sorry to inform you, but it is. See that black spot in front of you?" Naruto looked at the black circle on the ground, "Another Shadow Bomb."
"What you think I'm gooing to alk onto that again? Not a chance."
"You don't have a choice."
"What!?"
"Look behind you. Oh, sorry. You can't. I'll have to do it for you." Shinabaru turned his head and Naruto's followed the same motion. Naruto spotted the shadow coming from the trees connecting to his.
"Th-th-that's like Shikamaru's Shadow Possession jutsu." Naruto muttered terrified.
"Exactly like Shikamaru's Shadow Possession jutsu. We're cousins actually, me and him. I've got just enough chakra to end this. All I need to do is make you walk forward and as soon as I release you from my possession, detonate the bomb. I put just enough chakra into it to finish you off, but not hit myself with the exlosion." Shinabaru finished.
"Amazing." Sakura said.
"Just like that loser to get caught." Sasuke scoffed.
"Very acurately calculated." Satoshi told himself, "I'm impressed."
"Well look's like I should call the match. The winner is-"
"Not so fast!" A voice yelled from the trees cutting Kakashi off.
"U-ZU-MA-KI!" Four Narutos appeared from out of nowhere and kicked Shinabaru into the air. "Naruto Barrage!" Naruto yelled as he appeared over Shinabaru and kickked him headfirst into the ground. Shinabaru lay face first on the ground unconcious.
"The winner, Naruto Uzumaki." Kakashi announced.
"GO NARUTO!" Sakura cheered.
"WHAT!" Mizuki yelled.
"Poor guy. Almost had it won. Come on let's go see if he's alright." Zaku said.
Shinabaru sat up as Satoshi, Mizuki, Zaku, Sasuke, and Sakura walked over.
"You alright Shinabaru?" Satoshi asked.
"Yeah I'm fine. How in the world did you do that!?"Shinabaru shouted rather loudly.
"Hehe. When I was flying through the air after the explosion I replaced myself with a shadow clone, that's what you used your possession on. In the mean time I hid in the woods and waited for the time to strike." Naruto said snickering, full of pride.
"Seems you've taught your students well Kakashi." Satoshi commented.
"You too Satoshi." Kakshi returned the compliment.
"Now Shinabaru, congradulate your opponent." Satoshi tols Shinabaru authoratively.
"Congradulations." Shinabaru said holding his hand out. He could taste something bitter in the back of his mouth as he said the words.
"You too!" Naruto said taking Shinabaru's hand and shaking it.
"But don't let this go to your head. I want a rematch someday."
"It's a deal." Naruto promised giving Shinabaru a thumbs up. Shinabaru returned the gesture and everyone laughed.
"What's so funny!?" Naruto and Shinabaru yelled together.
Chapter 3 The Wakai Kouyou by Zaku Hyuga
[three days later]
“Guys, guys!” Shinabaru yelled at Mizuki and Zaku who were sitting at the Ichiraku Ramen shop. “I just talked to Shikamaru. He heard about my fight with Naruto from Kakashi, and he said that he was impressed with my skills!”
“So?” Mizuki responded cocking her eyebrow.
“He told me that if I could pass the next Chuunin Exams he would train me in the Nara clan jutsus!”
“Awesome Shinabaru.” Zaku congratulated, “but you do realize that the Exams are for five more months?”
“I know. That gives me plenty of time to get ready. Man I can’t wait to find out what he’ll teach me.” said Shinabaru as he daydreamed about his future training.
“Shinabaru, you do realize that you have to pass first, don’t you?” Mizuki burst his bubble quite harshly.
“Oh right. Well it’ll be easy. I mean I’ve already gone through it once and made it to the end.”
“Hey, remember when he cheated during the first test, and he didn’t even realize that you had to cheat he just did it?” Mizuki said while laughing.
“Ya, that was hilarious.” Zaku said laughing as well.
“Okay, okay. I thought we let that go.” Shinabaru cut into the laughing.
“Sorry that was just to funny.” Zaku apologized.
“Hey! There he is!” A deep voice yelled.
“What?” Zaku said turning to see who was yelling.
“Oh, No!” Shinaabru exclaimed quietly, turning and hiding his face.
“That’s the kid there!” a guy yelled, standing ten feet away from the squad, pointed at Shinabaru. As Zaku looked him over he saw the leaf headband tied around his wrist and his chuunin jacket, obviously he was a ninja. He had shaggy black hair grown to his shoulders. All of his clothing was gray, except his chuunin jacket, from his shirt down to his pants. His two lackies behind him were dressed to match, excluding the chuunin jackets and one had white hair that stood strait up and the second had red hair in a crew cut, these were most likely his teammates. They were all older than Zaku, probably 16 to 17 he speculated.
“Not unless you hand blondie over there to us.” The guy with black hair ordered.
“Why exactly should we do that?” Zaku interrogated.
“Because he decided to run his mouth, and now he’s going to pay.” the one with red hair answered.
“Is that true Shinabaru?” Zaku asked turning his attention to Shinabaru.
“Ya. But I only said that they were a bunch of low life losers who had nothing better to do but whine to their mommies because they tried to steal my money.” Shinabaru explained hastily still not looking at the thugs.
“Well than I’d say there’s no problem here. Sounds to me like you deserved it.” Zaku told the group.
“Boys, looks to me like we got another smart mouth over here. Why don’t you tell them just who there running their mouths off to.” The black haired guy ordered.
“I’m Kazetun, breeze among the leaves.” the guy with white hair announced.
“I’m Enkouto, flame among the leaves.” The one with red hair added.
“And I’m Hokori, dust among the leaves. Together we’re the Wakai Kouyou, the young elements of Konoha!” Their leader finished.
“Well perhaps you quite don’t know who your dealing with. I’m Zaku Hyuga of the legendary Hyuga clan, and I refuse to hand any of my teammates over to anyone, because not only are they my teammates their my best friends. So, if you want him you’ll have to go through us first.” Zaku stated boldly.
“Oooo, we’re so afraid of the big bad Hyuga. Please, we’ll crush you and your little friends like bugs.”
“Hey! I don’t want any part in this.” Mizuki said as she got up to leave.
“What, afraid of playin’ with the big boys? Don’t think so girly, you aren’t goin’ anywhere. Don’t worry we’ll go easy on you. It won’t take long to finish you off, hehe.” Kazetun mocked as he laughed at her.
“Zaku, whitey over there is mine.” Mizuki changed her mind after being told she couldn’t fight them, it got to her every time.
Zaku chuckled, “Well you’ve done it now. You had a lot better of a chance of winning before you said that.
“Sure kid. So are we going to do this or not?” Hokori said impatiently.
“Think you can take Enkouto, Shinabaru? I’ve got Hokori.” Zaku asked.
“Sure.” Shinabaru answered him. He was pumped up after hearing Zaku’s speach. He felt as though he could fight anybody too.
“Alright then let’s finish this and eat our ramen before it gets cold.” Zaku said trying to encourage his teammates.
“Plan on drinking it through straws!” Hokori yelled as he charged. Shinabaru darted to the left to meet Enkouto, who was running in the same direction, and Mizuki went the opposite way to meet Kazetun. As Hokori’s fist came down Zaku flipped backwards and caught Hokori in the chin with his foot as he did it. Hokori was sent sprawling backwards. He took this chance to activate his Byakugan. He could see everything going on without having to turn his head away from Hokori who was starting to stand up. Mizuki had activated her Rock Armor Kekkei Genkai, surrounding her entire fists in rock as she charged at Kazetun , and was now proceding to swing at him with all of her might, forcing him to dodge left and right to escape her fists that would break a bone if they hit. Kazetun tried to throw a punch but Mizuki blocked by putting her fist up and he nearly broke his hand on the rock. Shinabaru was using his Shadow Defense to block flaming kunai that Enkouto was throwing at him. Zaku had to turn his attention back to Hokori who was now standing.
“Lucky shot.” He said as he rubbed his chin.
“If you say so.” Zaku replied. Hokori came at Zaku a second time. He started to throw a bunch of fists at Zaku, but because of Zaku’s much greater speed he was able to block them easily. Something came at Zaku from behind. Zaku ducked and it flew past Hokori’s head. Shinabaru had deflected one of Enkouto’s fire kunai and sent it flying towards Zaku.
“Sorry!” Shinabaru yelled.
“It’s ok.” Zaku yelled.
“Huh?” Mizuki yelled, she had gotten caught up in her fight and had no clue what had happened.
“Now!” Hokori yelled as Squad 15 was caught off guard. The three Wakai Kouyou activated a chain of hand seals exactly the same to each other’s except for the final seal which ended in the tiger for Enkouto, the bird for Kazetun, and the snake for Hokori.
“Slicing Wind Breath!” Kazetun yelled.
“Blazing Flame Breath!” Entouko yelled.
“Pummeling Rock Breath!” Hokori yelled with his teammates simultaneously, each then blowing and emitting their chosen element at his opponent, sending Mizuki, Zaku, and Shinabaru flying into each other. They lay in a crumpled mess on the ground.
“Losers,” Enkouto snickered, “you actually thought you could stand up to us?”
Zaku stood up, marked and bruised, “We aren’t even close to being finished.”
“Well, if you want to keep the hurt coming it suits us just fine.” Hokori announced.
“I don’t think that will be happening any time soon.” Zaku lashed back.
“What are you talking about?” Kazetun said as he went to take a step forward, then realizing he couldn’t move at all. “What’s going on!” He yelled. As he said it an evil grin crossed Shinabaru’s face.
“My Shadow Possession Jutsu! As long as I’ve got this on you, you aren’t going anywhere. Zaku, your turn.” Shinabaru said.
“We’ve got our own team moves,” Zaku told them as he ran into the middle of the trio, reactivating his Byakugan, “8 Trigrams: Multi Target Palm Strike!” he yelled, and began hitting all three opponents with his Gentle Fist taijutsu. He sent all three sprawling forward as Shinabaru released the possession.
“Man, even though it doesn’t effect my chakra points, it still hurts when we do that.” Shinabaru moaned rubbing his chest.
“Quite your whining Shinabaru, it’s my turn!” Mizuki yelled as she came down out of the sky, with her Rock Armor around her fists. She slammed the ground between the trio as they stood up, “Rock Armor Quake!” the ground shook terribly slamming the Wakai Kouyou into the ground again.
“I think they’re finished.” Mizuki said while she walked back over to Zaku and Shinabaru dusting off her hands.
“Not quite.” Zaku imformed her depressedly, pointing at the fallen trio who were getting up again.
“WE ARE THE WAKAI KOUYOU. WE DON’T LOSE THAT EASY TO MEASLY TWIRPS LIKE YOU!!!” Kazetun, Enkouto, and Hokori yelled together, and charged at Squad 15. Each of the Wakai Kouyou threw dozens of kunai and shuriken at the squad forcing them to disperse. When the kunai and shuriken hit the tree where Zaku, Mizuki, and Shinabaru had been standing, the tree exploded into hundreds of splinters from the explosion caused by the tagged weapons. Shinabaru gulped deeply thinking that the tree could have been him, had he not escaped.
“Don’t loose your cool, Shinabaru!” Zaku called to him seeing his worry with the Byakugan.
“There you are!” Hokori whipped into Zaku’s direction, “Rock Kunai” Hokori said as he did his handseals, then a bunch on kunai shaped shaped stones came from the ground into Zaku’s direction. He barely dodged them at the speed in which they were thrown. These guys weren’t playing anymore, they were truely angry now.
“Come on out. We won’t hurt you,” Enkouto lied, “We just wanna make a truce.”
“Flush ‘em out Kazetun.” Hokori ordered.
“No problem. Wind Cyclone.” Kazetun created a whirling funnel that pulled out Shinabaru, Mizuki, and Zaku, including many different animals from their hiding places.
“Get those two, the Hyuga’s mine!” Hokori yelled.
“Flame Entrapment Cage!” Ekouto yelled out blowing flames at Shinabaru, then molding them into bars with his chakra.
“Wind Entrapment Cell!” Kazetun yelled as he used his chakra to solidify the air around Mizuki.
“Let me out!” Mizuki yelled pounding on the see-through walls which were holding her captive.
“Settle down girly. I left some airholes in this cell, though you can’t see them. If you keep misbehaving all I have to do is close them up and you’ll find that it’s pretty hard to breathe. Catch my drift?” Kazetun warned her with a vicious smile on his face.
“Same goes for you blondie. One false move and I can turn up the heat easy enough. I’m keeping it cool right at the moment,” Enkouto told Shinabaru as he watched the beads of sweat starting to collect on his forehead, “by the way, I suggest you don’t touch the bars, they’re kinda hot.” he said snickering.
“Zaku, I can’t use my shadow moves in here,” Shinabaru informed, “there’s just too much light.”
“And I can’t use my rock jutsus either, looks like your on your own.” Mizuki added. Zaku eyed the entrapments being maintained by Hokori’s goons, who were having to use both hands to keep up the jutsus.
“At least I don’t have to fight them by myself too,” Zaku thought examining the situation, “Hokori’s going to be enough trouble.”
“Well, well, well. I’ve got you all to myself now, since your friends won’t interrupt us. Now it’s time your smart comments from earlier caught up with you don’t you think? Rock Clone Jutsu!” Two clones came up out of the ground, shaped into the from of Hokori. “Time to end this!” Hokori and his clones ran at Zaku.
“I didn’t want to try using this, but I guess I don’t have any other choice.” Zaku took his Hyuga stance, “8 Trigrams: Palm Rotation!” Zaku emitted a large amount of chakra from his body and spun in a circle creating a shield that deflected Hokori and his clones. Hokori flew backwards and hit a tree, the clones crumbled when they hit the ground.
“What!” Shinabaru yelled, “Where did you learn to do that?”
“Neji taught it to me after the Chuunin Exams, he told me he wanted more of the Cadet Branch members to be as strong as the Main Branch. I’m still working on perfecting it, so I really didn’t want to have to use it now, but I guess I didn’t have much of a choice.” Zaku explained.
“That’s a pretty nifty trick you got there.” Hokori stated as he wiped the blood from the corner of his lip. “Let’s see if you can block this, Rock Kunai All Directional Assault!” rock kunai came up from the ground and surrounded Zaku. They flew at him with an incredible speed, but were deflected by his 8 Trigrams: Palm Rotation. “Grr, thought I had him that time.” Hokori thought to himself angrily.
“There’s no way I can keep fighting this guy off by myself. He has a way higher chakra reserve than I do, I can see it flowing through him. I’m going to need help, but with Shinabaru and Mizuki trapped they can’t do anything to help. And I can’t get them out and keep fighting Hokori off at the same time. Okay I’ve got an idea, I’m going to need to summon Tiger.” Zaku examined the situation in his head carefully. “Summoning Jutsu: Nindog Summoning!” Zaku performed the hand seals and pressed his palm to the ground, the seal appeared along with a cloud of smoke. Fear encompassed the faces of the Wakai Kouyou. The smoke dissipated and standing where Zaku had summoned him was a dog about a foot tall with a bulldog look about him. He had black and dark orange stripes running up and down his body, an obvious sign to where he had obtained his name.
Kazetun, Hokori, and Enkouto burst out laughing. “You think that little dog is going to help?” Hokori teased.
“Who do you think your talking to?” Tiger stated causing a look of shock to pass over the terrible trio’s faces.
“H-h-he c-can t-t-talk?” Kazetun stammered.
“Sure he can, he also does tricks. Watch” Zaku reached into his pouch and pulled out a food pill from his pocket and tossed it to Tiger who gobbled it down. Tiger’s size quadrupled making him near the size of a Saint Bernard.
“So, he’s bigger how’s that gonna help you?” Enkouto questioned carefully eyeing Tiger.
“Because we’re going to play his favorite game. Fetch.” Zaku pulled out a red tennis ball from his weapons pouch.
“You’ve got to be kidding me. We’re in the middle of a battle Zaku! This isn’t the right time to be playing with your dog!” Mizuki yelled from her windy prison.
“Ready boy? Fetch!” Zaku yelled as he threw the ball at Kazetun. Kazetun removed just one of his hands and caught the ball.
“Bad move. You see, that’s his favorite ball and he doesn’t like anyone to touch it but me, not even Shinabaru’s allowed to touch it.” Zaku informed Kazetun. Shinabaru shuddered at the flashback of when he picked up Tiger’s ball for the first time. Kazetun looked down one foot in front of him and there was Tiger in a crouched position, baring his teeth.
“My ball.” Tiger growled.
“Take it! Take it!” Kazetun yelled holding the ball forward. Tiger lept into the air hitting Kazetun square in the chest. Kazetun’s jutsu broke as he sailed backwards and hit his head on a tree knocking him out cold. Tiger sat knawing on his ball as he vanished into a cloud of smoke.
“Ok Mizuki, get Shinabaru out while I take care of Hoko—.” Zaku looked around. Hokori had vanished during the ordeal with Tiger. Mizuki ran over and punched Ekouto in the gut, who had tried to get away but couldn’t release his jutsu and run in time. Shinabaru was freed from the prison and had started to turn into a bright crimson from the constant heat. Just as Mizuki punched Enkouto, Hokori came up from under the ground and punched Zaku in the chin.
“Earth Style: Tunneling Jutsu!” Hokori shouted as he came up.
“Shadow Possession!” Shinabaru said activating his jutsu, making his shadow race across the ground towards Hokori. Hokori tried using a somersault to escape the shadow, knowing its effect if it made contact with his, but the shadow darted towards Zaku.
“What?” Hokori thought as he landed. Out of nowhere the shadow flew out from under Zaku towards Hokori. “Not again!” Hokori yelled.
“Gotcha.” Shinabaru declared triumphedly, “I used Zaku’s shadow to extend mine, allowing me to reach you.”
“What’s your plan now?” Hokori spat.
“This!” Mizuki yelled as she punched Hokori in the jaw with her hammer fist style taijutsu. Hokori fell to the ground.
“Thanks guys.” Zaku said as he stepped out from behind a tree, “I’ll take it from here.”
“No problem.” Shinabaru grinned, rubbing his jaw, “You could have waited for me to release the Shadow Possession Mizuki.”
“Sorry, I got a little impatient waiting in that cell.” Mizuki said as she rubbed the back of her head.
“How in the world did you escape my attack? You should be lying out cold.” Hokori said feebly.
“That was a clone fool.” Hokori looked as what he thought was Zaku vanished. “When I saw that you were missing I wasn’t going to wait for an attack to hit.”
“You’re a much better ninja than you let on.” Hokori said bitterly, “But I still won’t go down, not until you pay.”
“For what? A stupid little comment. All of this for that?”
“I don’t care you insulted our honor.”
“Fine. I guess I’m going to have to end this. 8 Trigram: 64 Palms!” Zaku yelled as he ran at Hokori. The 64 hits struck Hokori right on target. Hokori fell to the ground, unable to move anymore.
“Aww man!”Shinabaru yelled.
“What is it!?” Zaku asked preparing for an attack.
“The ramen’s cold.” Shinabaru moaned from the ramen stand.
Mizuki slumped her head, “Shinabaru!”
_________________________________________
Thanks for reading! Please if you have any suggestions for me let me know, I'm open to advice that will help me inprove my story writing. Oh, and please rate! :D
Chapter 4 Punishment! 30 days D-Rank by Zaku Hyuga
[the next morning - Third Hokage’s office]
“What were you thinking!?” the Third yelled from behind his desk. Squad 15 and the Wakai Kouyou were standing at attention in front of his desk. “Do you realize what an embarrassment this is to the village, to have its own squad’s fighting amongst themselves?”
“Yes sir.” the two squads answered in unison. Shinabaru chanced to glance at Hokori who was standing on crutches with bandages all over his body. Kazetun had a big bandage on his head, and Enkouto was taped up in a couple places.
“Are you listening?” the Hokage yelled. Shinabaru’s eyes darted back in the Third’s direction. “I’m very disappointed in all of you, especially you three.” Third said looking at the Wakai Kouyou. “It is to my knowledge that this whole charade was started by you.”
“No sir.” Hokori stated quickly. “It was Zaku, he started it.”
“Oh, is this true?” the Hokage asked with a surprised look on his face, “Our newest chuunin begins this schoolyard tomfoolery?”
Zaku’s face began to burn with anger, “Yes sir.” he said halfheartedly.
“What!?” Shinabaru and Mizuki yelled together.
“Stop.” Zaku whispered. Mizuki and Shinabaru turned away from Zaku disappoitedly.
“I see.” the Third said with a look of understanding on his face. “Well as punishment for you actions, the Wakai Kouyou will be doing two D rank missions everyday for the next fifteen days.” Hokori, Enkouto, and Kazetun slumped their heads. “And Squad 15 will be doing two D rank missions everyday for the next thirty days.” The Wakai Kouyou heads perked back up and sly smiles went across the faces.
“Your kidding?” Mizuki yelled.
“That’s twice as long.” Shinabaru added.
“Yes, your chuunin leader started the fight, and when the leader fails the whole team fails, so that means that the whole team will be punished just as severely.” the Third said looking at Shinabaru and Mizuki. “Here’s you first mission.” He handed each team a slip of paper with information written on it. “Your senseis ought to be waiting for you outside.Your dismissed.”
“Yes sir, thank you.” Zaku said and turned and led his teammates out.
The Hokage watched Zaku as he walked out and thought “He’ll make a fine ninja one day.”
“Zaku what were you thinking? Why did you say you started it? You got us fifteen more days than those jerks, and they’re the ones who started it.” Mizuki shouted at Zaku.
“I know that, but if I denied it I would have gotten us a harsher punishment. Besides it isn’t that bad, it could have been worse.” Zaku answered.
“Oh, and how’s that?” she asked bitterly.
“Well for one example, he could have stripped you of being ninja at all.” Satoshi said as the team rounded a corner. They jumped from being startled by him. “You guys got in quite a bit of trouble didn’t you?”
“Ya, two D rank missions every day for a month.” Shinabaru moaned.
“I know already.”
“How do you know?” Mizuki asked curiously.
“Word travels fast when you’re a jounin.” He answered
“I should be training for the Chuunin Exams, not doing silly missions that rookies get.” Shinabaru moaned, “I’m going to lose a whole month.”
“Is that all you think about?” Mizuki asked sarcastically.
“No!” Shinabaru shot at her.
“Okay, quit you two. What’s the first mission Zaku?” Satoshi questioned.
Zaku read the piece of paper, “We have fix some things we broke at the ramen shop and plant some new trees.”
“Man, this bites.” Shinarau said to Zaku.
“Let’s just get it done with.” Zaku replied.
[a while later]
“Okay I finished the trees.” Zaku called to the others.
“I fixed the sign.” Shinabaru called back.
“I finished fixing the stool-,” Mizuki started to say, “What is that?” She asked looking at the sign.
“What I fixed it.” Shinabaru said as Zaku walked over. “It says Ichiraku Ramen Shop on it.”
“I see that, but you nailed the pieces back to together with four boards and spelt the name wrong.” Zaku said.
“What do you mean?”
“You spelt it e-c-h-e-r-o-c-k-o-o r-a-m-u-n.”
“So...”
“It’s spelt i-c-h-i-r-a-k-u r-a-m-e-n.”
“Oops.”
“And why didn’t you just get a new board?” Mizuki asked with her eybrow cocked.
“Don’t worry about it I’ll fix it.” Zaku said.
[after the sign was fixed]
“Sensei we’re done.” Mizuki said to Satoshi who was lating on a bench asleep.
“Who? What? Oh, you finished good let’s go get your next mission.” Satoshi said , rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
“Ugh, I forgot we had two to do.” Mizuki grunted.
“Hey, I still don’t know how all of this happened, come to think of it.” Satoshi realized, “Someone want to tell me the story?”
Zaku told Satoshi what had happened at the ramen shop the previous afternoon as they walked back to the Third Hokage’s.
“I see, so why did you say that you did it?”
“I didn’t want to get us in bigger trouble by denying it.” Zaku said. As he looked over at Satoshi he walked right into Kiba.
“Hey watch it!” Kiba said getting up, “Oh, hey. I heard about your fight with the Wakai Kouyou, how’d that happen?” Zaku told the story a second time. “Wow, sorry to hear about the missions, good luck though, I gotta get going.” Akamaru barked as Kiba ran off.
As they walked they passed Sakura. “Hey, I heard about the fight. What happened?” Zaku told the story for a third time. “Neat, well see ya.” She said and walked away.
“How many times am I going to have to tell this today?”Zaku asked. Until they reached the Hokage tower the squad ran into Naruto, Kakashi, Ino, Rock Lee, Asuma, Neji, Shikamaru, Sasuke, and Hinata.
“I’m so tired of telling this story, it’s not that big of a deal.” Zaku groaned.
“I’m not. I feel famous.” Shinabaru grinned.
“Put your ego away before it hits someone Shiabaru.” Mizuki said. “The attention’s nice though.”
They stepped into the Hokage’s office. “Done with the clean up job?” he asked.
“Yes sir, all finished.” They answered.
“Okay, then you need to go pick weeds in the ramen shop owner’s garden.”
“We just came from there!” Shinabaru cried out. “Why didn’t you give that to us when we left the last time?”
“You hadn’t finished your last mission.”
“Now we have to walk all the way back again.” Shinabaru moaned.
“This is going to be a long month.” Mizuki moaned walking out with the rest of the team.
“What a group.” the Hokage chuckled.
Chapter 5 Training Galore! by Zaku Hyuga
[twelve days after punishment began]

“This is not right!” Mizuki yelled holding her nose.

“Quit complaining.” Shinabaru said mocking Mizuki’s voice.

“Shut up Shinabaru” Mizuki snarled as she glared at Shinabaru, “You know what I mean. We shouldn’t be having to clean zoo cages.”

“It isn’t that bad.” Zaku said as he dumped a shovel full of dung into the wheelbarrow in the middle of the cage, “It’s the last one, and we get to quit for the day.”

“Hurry up guys. I can smell that all the way over here.” Satoshi shouted from behind a tree, not even looking up from the book he was reading. Shinabaru walked over to the edge of the cage and eyed the orange book in his sensei’s hands. He had his nose in that book for the past three days.
“What book are you reading, Satoshi sensei?” Shinabaru asked suspiciously.

Satoshi quickly shoved the book into his jacket and stood up, “Oh nothing. Just a book Kakashi gave me. Done yet?” He said trying to change the subject.

“Done!” Mizuki called as she dumped the last shovelfull into the wheelbarrow.

“Your turn to dump the wheelbarrow, Shinabaru.” Zaku told him leaning on his shovel in the corner of the pen, “I did it last, and Mizuki did it the turn before that.”

“Dangit! I’ll be back in a minute.” Shinabaru said hauling the wheelbarrow to the location they were supposed to dump it at.

[after the were cleaned up]

“So Zaku wanna go train. I need to put in some sparring practice for the Chuunin Exams.” Shinabaru asked as he jabbed at the air.

“Why not? I don’t have anything better to do. I have to report to the Hokage that the mission is complete first. Go on ahead to the training grounds and I’ll meet you there.” Zaku told Shinabaru then darted off toward the Hokage Tower.

“See you later.” Shinabaru yelled, “Well I’m going to head over there, see ya later.” Shinabaru said to Satoshi and Mizuki and left for the training grounds.

“Hey, Satoshi-sensei. You wanna train with me today?” Mizuki asked a little excitedly.

“Umm, sure Mizuki. I’ll train with you today.”

“Alright! I’ll make the first move.” Mizuki ran at Satoshi and threw several kunai. Satoshi was nearly caught off guard by Mizuki’s sudden start on the attack and barely managed to jump out of the way of the hurtling kunai.

“Jeesh Mizuki. Take it easy it’s just practice.”

“Not on you sensei.” Mizuki smirked and pointed at him, “If I go easy there’s no way I’ll win.”

Satoshi shrugged his shoulders, “Oh well, if you say so.”

[back at the training grounds]

Shinabaru sits down on the middle of the three poles in the clearing. “Man I hope Zaku isn’t going to be too much longer.”

[back to mizuki and Satoshi]

“Alright time to get serious sensei, I’m coming at ya!” Mizuki started performing handseals and punched the ground with her fists. Small rocks came out of the ground and flew to her fists as if they were magnetized to them. “Rock Armor Jutsu”

“Using that already?” Satoshi asked rhetorically, “I’m waiting.” Satoshi took a battle stance and used his right index finger coax Mizuki into an attack, which only made her angry that he wasn’t taking her jutsu seriously and doing anything to try and stop her, just calling her into attack.

“Ok, you want me to attack. I’ll attack!” Mizuki thought. She charged at Satoshi with her right arm pulled back. Her fist would have hit Satoshi square in the chest if he hadn’t used substitution just in time.

“Your not going to hit an opponent to often using attacks right out in the open like that Mizuki.” Satoshi scolded standing ten feet behind Mizuki.

“I know!” Mizuki answered from behind as her fist met the back of his left leg. “Didn’t you notice how many handseals I did when I activated my armor, I made a clone first!” Mizuki stood there gloating as she watched Satoshi spawled on the ground holding the injured leg, when he looked up at her.

“I know!”

“What!” Mizuki yelled as from behind Satoshi yelled, “Feather Entrapment Jutsu!” Feathers flew around Mizuki in what was like a vortex then stopped in mid-air and connected side by side to created a box around her. The fethers were so thickly put around her she couldn’t see anything, it was pitch black.

Mizuki began laughing inside the box, “Satoshi sensei, you really think your going to hold me in with feathers?” Mizuki pulled back and did the hardest punch she could to the feathered wall. As soon as her fist met she was thrown back into the opposite wall of the box. “What in the world is going on!?!”

“You see Mizuki, this feather cage is specially laden with chakra so that it repels all taijutsu and ninjutsu attacks. And while your inside your chakra is being drained.”

“How am I gonna get out of here!” Mizuki yelled.

[Shinabaru]

“Where is he already I’m tired of waiting!” Shinabaru yelled at the blade of grass he was playing with.

“Right here!” Zaku yelled as he jumped out of a tree and came down on top of shinabaru hammering his hands clamped together in one big fist on his head. Shinabaru popped into a cloud as half a dozen kunai hurtled at Zaku. Zaku performed a quick cartwheel and flipped onto the middle post so that he was standing on it with his back to Shinabaru. “Nice try. But I knew that was a clone the whole time, thanks to Byakugan.”

“Man I hate that danged Byakugan! I can never get in a sneak attack!” Shinabaru moaned.

“And that’s why I love it, hehe.” Zaku did a somersault in the air and landed in front of the post. “Are you ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Shinabaru answered as he wiped his nose with his index finger. Each drew a kunai and ran at each other. The two’s kunai met right at each other’s chests.

“Err. You’ve gotten a little stronger I see.” Zaku said through gritted teeth.

“And you haven’t been brushing your teeth I see.”

“Huh, wha-“ Zaku started to say caught off gaurd by Shinabaru’s strange comment, but couldn’t finish before Shinabaru’s leg met Zaku’s side. Zaku lay hunched over gasping for breath .

“I knew that would give me an opening.” Shinabaru said and activated his handseals for “Shadow Possession”. Shinabaru’s shadow extended forward and attached to Zaku’s. Shinabaru forced Zaku to stand. “Ok time to finish this.” Shinabaru reached for his kunai pouch. “What in the world! Where’s my pouch!!!”
Chapter 6 Trickery, Deception, and a Giggle? by Zaku Hyuga
[Mizuki vs. Satoshi]

Satoshi stood leaning against the feather cage he had entrapped Mizuki in as he chewed on his finger nails, “Are you ready to give up and come out yet?” He asked boredly.

“Not a chance.” Mizuki stated hunched over. It was becoming harder to breath the longer she stayed inside of the cage. This prison not only sucks chakra and blocks attacks, but it prevents oxygen from getting inside. If I don’t get out or give up I’ll suffocate. Mizuki slumped to the ground disappointedly. As she hit the dirt and idea popped into her head. That’s it!

[Shinabaru vs. Zaku]

“Where’s my pouch darnit! What happened to it!” Zaku began to chuckle. “What are yo- You did this didn’t you! How?” Zaku looked up at Shinabaru.

“Turn around and look.” Shinabaru turned and looked behind him. There stood an exact replica of Zaku leaning against a tree rummaging through Shinabaru’s bag.

“B-but how? Clones can’t physically handle things, and if you’re the clone you should have popped when I kicked you!” Shinabaru’s face contorted as he tried to figure out how he’d been dooped.

“I’ll save you the trouble.” Zaku said cooly. “Before this match even started I created a clone. And when you ran at me after you drew your kunai I had him swipe it.” the clone waved at Shinabaru.

“Ya, but plain clones can’t touch things physically! You don’t know anything besides clone jutsu!” Shinabaru shouted angrily.

“Really? You see Shinabaru, once you become chuunin you’re allowed to learn some more advanced jutsu. And because of that Sensei taught me ‘Shadow Clone Jutsu’. I can only create and maintain one currently, but one still comes in very handy.”

“Whut! No fair! You always get to learn new jutsu!” Shinabaru moaned. The shadow holding Zaku prisoner started to retract.

“It’s about time that started to weaken.” Zaku smirked as he started moving his fingers, regaining control of his body.

[Mizuki vs. Satoshi]

Satoshi was about to ask Mizuki again if she was ready to give up when he felt rumbling under his feet. What in the world? He thought to himself. Mizuki burst out of the ground and caught Satoshi on the chin with her fist. As Satoshi flew back wards the feathers collapsed into a pile on the ground. Mizuki stood looking at Satoshi sprawled on the ground in a daze and smirked.

“I figured out that I didn’t have to go through the walls. I just had to go under them.” Mizuki stood gloating.

“Ugh,” Satoshi groaned as he stood up. “Good job. I didn’t realize you knew the tunneling jutsu. Had I known I would have been more careful.”

Ok, I need to end this quick. I’m almost out of chakra. I’ve got just enough for on more move.
Mizuki spread her arms fully extended on both sides. “Rock Glove Release: Glove Explosion”.
Mizuki smashed her fists together causing the rocks on her hands to smash and shoot away from her spreading out covering enough of an area that Satoshi couldn’t escape. Satoshi’s eyes grew huge as the rocks hurtled at him. He tried to dodge but was pummeled and fell battered to the ground. As he fell he fell apart into a bunch of feathers, which floated gently down.

“Huh!?!” Mizuki shouted. Satoshi came down from the tree in front of Mizuki. “That was a clone?” Mizuki questioned angrily. “For how long?”

“Oh, since you through the kunai at me.” Satoshi answered here innocently.

“I give up.” Mizuki stated and fell backwards, then started snoring.

“Must be tired.” Satoshi said and sat down and picked up from the place he had left in his new book. “Oooo, hehe.”

[Shinabaru vs. Zaku]

Zaku began walking toward Shinabaru as Shinabaru backed away. Just a little further! Shinabaru thought to himself as Zaku edged closer with a kunai in hand. Shinabaru’s eyes grew wide as Zaku’s foot came down on the small shred of shadow laying on the ground, but his foot stopped.

“Nice try Shinabaru. But as many times as you try it you aren’t going to get me with that “Shadow Bomb” technique. Shinabaru closed his eyes and groaned.

“Darn that Byakugan.” Shinabaru mumbled through his gritted teeth. Zaku snickered and walked around the shadow. Shinabaru’s eyes flew open. “Got you!” As Zaku’s foot came down the ground exploded beneath his feat. Zaku was sent sprawling backwards and hit his head on a tree root sticking out of the ground. Zaku saw stars as he sat up. He looked in front of him and Shinabaru bent over with a worried look on his face just a few feet in front of Zaku came into focus.

“What in the heck just happened?” Zaku moaned as he felt the back of his head.

“Hehe, glad your okay. I was worried for a minute. Your to dependant on that Byuakugan man. I knew you would be watching for Shadow bombs so when I pulled out that kunai I dropped a few acorn bombs. And just like I predicted you walked right on them to dodge the Shadow Bomb I left.” Shinabaru grinned staring at Zaku with victory in his eyes.

“Ya, nice trick. Ya got me this time.” Zaku said as he performed some handseals.

Shinabaru jumped backwards. “Hey the fights over!”

“Don’t worry. I’m going to heal the split in the back of my head.” Zaku’s hand began glowing green and he placed it behind his head to heal the wound.

“Well looks like I didn’t hurt you too bad.” Shinabaru grinned.

“Ya. You’re lucky you didn’t blow my leg off.” Zaku and Shinabaru sat laughing when they heard a giggle behind them. Their eyes grew as large as their heads as looks of terror swept over their faces.

“Oh, boys!”
Chapter 7: Crush-ed by Zaku Hyuga
Slowly Zaku and Shinabaru turned their heads in the direction of the all to familiar voices. Their fears were confirmed as before them stood Yuki and Miyoki.
Yuki and Miyoki were sisters who joined the ninja academy 2 years after Zaku, the same year as Shinabaru. Yuki is slightly younger than Zaku, while her brother and sister twins are the same age as Mizuki. Ever since the first day at the academy Yuki, Miyoki, and their brother Kitsu have plagued Squad 15.
“Hey there, ‘Cute eyes’”, Yuki called as she winked and blew a kiss at Zaku. A shudder ran down Zaku’s spine.
“Hey, ‘Shin, Shin’”, Miyoki teased Shinabaru, holding her hands behind her back, swaying from side to side.
“Ugh!” Zaku and Shinabaru let out in unison.
“You boys, aren’t hurting each other again are you?!” Miyoki said scoldingly.
“Oh! Zaku what happened to the back of your head!” Yuki shouted and ran over to examine him. Zaku attempted to run but he was captured before he could escape. “You did this, didn’t you Shinabaru !” Yuki growled after examining the knot on Zaku’s head. She then proceeded to deliver a solid fist to the back of Shinabaru’s head, leaving him with a knot to match Zaku’s.
“Don’t you hit my boyfriend!” Miyoki yelled at Yuki.
“Tell your boyfriend to quite hitting mine!” Yuki replied with a sneer. A fight ensued, during which Zaku and Shinabaru made their escape.

[ten minutes later]

“Whew, I think we got away.” Shinabaru let out under his breathe.
“Don’t be so sure.” Zaku whispered and pointed into the tiny clearing that was in front of the bush they were hiding in. Yuki’s feet landed five feet in front of them.
“Cute Eyes, where’d you go?” Yuki called, frowning as she walked around.
“Hey, where’s Miy-“ Zaku clasped his hand over Shinabaru’s mouth quickly hoping Yuki hadn’t heard him.
“Gotcha!” Miyoki cheered and grabbed Shinabaru’s ankle dragging him out of the bush. Zaku vanished into the trees before he was able to be captured.
“Zaku, get back here you jerk,” Shinabaru yelled as Zaku vanished, “Save me!!!” Zaku turned only to see Shinabaru enveloped by the girls as he fled.
Grr, I’ve got to get back there and get him out of there. Zaku thought.

[three minutes later]

Zaku peers from behind a tree and scans the area. He sees Shinabaru tied to a tree with Miyoki snuggling with him, terror on Shinabaru’s face, Poor guy, at least it’s not me Zaku thought, and there was Yuki sitting in the middle of the clearing crossed legged and grumpy.
“It’s ok Yuki, he’ll be back, we’ve got his best friend.” Miyoki said trying to comfort Yuki.
“Easy for you to say! You’ve got your boyfriend!” Yuki snarled causing a smirk to cross Miyoki’s face at Yuki’s jealousy. Shinabaru repeated like a mantra in his head, It’s ok, Zaku’s coming back. It’s ok, Zaku’s coming back...
Ok, I’ve got a plan! Zaku said to himself.
“What’s taking him so long!” Yuki whined, “I thought he cared more about Shinabaru than this.” Shinabaru’s head dropped at the comment.
“Hey, what’s that?” Miyoki said pointing to a bush. Yuki, Miyoki, and Shinabaru all stared at the bush. Out from the bush walked Zaku’s summon Tiger. Some form of understanding shown in Shinabaru’s eyes as the twins ran over to the dog.
“Oh, look a puppy!!!” The girls squealed simultaneously. As they ran over to Tiger Zaku came out of the tree directly above Shinabaru. While the girls were petting on Tiger Zaku untied Shinabaru.
“Finally! What took you so long?” Shinabaru whispered harshly.
“Shhh!” Zaku said to Shinabaru, “I didn’t want you to suffer to little, heh”
“Jerk, would you just get me out of here already.” Shinabaru hurried Zaku along. When Zaku finished he and Shinabaru fled into the trees. Once Zaku and Shinabaru were gone Tiger stood up stopping the girls from rubbing his belly.
“Well, girls that felt great! Thanks for the free belly rub.” The twins screamed as Tiger talked to them and passed out.
"Jeesh, can't a dog thank people for belly rubs anymore without them freaking out? Sigh..."

[Back with Mizuki and Satoshi]

Satoshi was sitting at the base of a tree reading his “book” as Mizuki stood front of a small tree delivering punches to it with her rock armor.
“How much longer do I have to keep doing this sensei?” Mizuki moaned.
“Do you want to get strong enough to beat me?” Satoshi inquired.
“Yes.” Mizuki replied.
“Then you better keep going.” Mizuki’s head slumped as she continued to pound the tree.
“Wait, what’s that noise?” Mizuki said looking up.
“That’s nice.” Satoshi replied not really paying any attention to Mizuki as he’d reached a very interesting part of the story.
“Satoshi, you aren’t reading those naughty books too now, are you?” asked an older female voice from behind the tree Satoshi was sitting at. Satoshi jumped up quickly cramming the book into his pocket.
“Oh, Miyami! I - uh didn’t notice you there.” Satoshi mumbled.
“Heh, I always was able to sneak up on you.” Kiyami said stepping out from behind the tree.
“Yeah, you’ve had a knack for stealth your whole life.” Satoshi replied, “Is there something I can help you with?”
“Why I’m surprised, Satoshi! Can’t an old friend check in on her favorite Ex-Anbu?
“Kiyami, I’ve told you a hundred times I’m not ready to be in a relationship.”
“And when will you be ready, Satoshi!?” Kiyami yelled in an almost whiny voice. In the meantime Mizuki had begun to sneak away before he showed up.
“My love, why doust thou attempt to break mine heart.” Mizuki’s eyes instantly rolled to the top of her head.
“Kitsu, how many times do I have to tell you not to talk like that. It makes you sound like an idiot.” As Mizuki said this she crossed her arms and turned around, “And get off of your knee, you not proposing to me you idiot.” Kitsu’s head fell to his chest.
“Why do you hate me, my love?”
“AHHH! I’M NOT YOUR LOVE” and with that Mizuki delivered a strong uppercut to Kitsu’s chin sending him off into the distance.
“Whyyyyyyyyyy...” Kitsu cried back as he flew away. Mizuki looked back to check on her sensei when she realized he was missing.
“Sensei? Kiyami sama? That’s weird they were there a minute ago.” Mizuki heard a rustling behind her. She whirled around and raised a kunai, only to find that she was holding it to Shinabaru’s nose.
“Don’t kill me! I’m unarmed!” Shinabaru yelled raising his hands into the air.
“Oh, it’s just you guys,” Mizuki sighed, “I thought it was Kitsu again. Hey wait what did you guys do to each other?”
Zaku answered before Shinabaru could get a word out, “Oh, you don’t mean what did we do, you mean what did Miyoki and Yuki do.”
“So you ran into Kitsu.” interjected Shinabaru.
“Yeah, but I took care of him.”
“Wait where’s sensei?” Shinabaru asked looking around.
“Well he was here a minutes ago, then he and Kiyami dissappeared.” All three burst out laughing.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7377