At the edge of the world by ShikaLoveMiriana
Summary: Shiku Nara has had a big crush on Shikamaru Nara. He didn't know, she's glad and keeps it that way. Not until the high school trip that has everyone turning everything around.
Categories: OC-centric Characters: Gaara, Sakura Haruno, Shikamaru Nara, Temari, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 769 Read: 2606 Published: 14/12/07 Updated: 19/02/08
Story Notes:
NARUTO belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, and Shiku Nara belongs to me. Aside from her, NAruto or any of the characters belonging to Masashi Kishimoto is no where near associated with I, ShikaLoveMiriana, or anyone but him,.

1. At the edge of the world by ShikaLoveMiriana

2. A school day with Ms.Ganguro by ShikaLoveMiriana

At the edge of the world by ShikaLoveMiriana
Here's how it all started. Plain ol' Nara clan girl. Same things. Until she almost died. Shiku Nara almost drowned. Now 15, she could swim. But the 7 year old her couldn't. She was trapped under the water, so deep. So dark. But luckily Shikamaru Nara had saved her. Now, she likes him? Sheesh. No, right? Wrong. She thanked him so much he had to shut her up. So much he was wowed on how much one person could talk so much. So much for him to handle. So much that---

Thinking of this so much in Shikamaru's living room. Konoha's thousandth living room. Tiny. She was jerked from thought. "Shiku!!" He shouted, making her literally shoot through the ceiling. "Dear, please stop." His mother hated her guts. Too obvious. "I'm sorry..." Shiku said with much sincerity. Obviously, she didn't know his mother wished Game Over for herself. His father just sat on the fence. Him...he didn't love her...just yet. He saw her as your average girl. Good thing she wasn't like the rest, putting on makeup all the time to make herself look 'beautiful.' He liked that. She was okay.

He didn't know that he was going to end up with her. Didn't know it was going to be something spread...legendary.
A school day with Ms.Ganguro by ShikaLoveMiriana
Author's Notes:
Ganguro is a sterotype in Japan. In ganguro fashion, a deep tan is combined with hair dyed in shades of orange to blonde, or a silver gray known as "high bleached". Black ink is used as eyeliner and white concealer is used as lipstick and eyeshadow. False eyelashes, plastic facial gems, and pearl powder are often added to this. Platform shoes and brightly-colored outfits complete the ganguro look. Also typical of ganguro fashion are tie-dyed sarongs, miniskirts, and lots of bracelets, rings and necklaces
The two were walking to school, chatting about nonsense. Not long before Ino came along. "Shiku, your homeroom teacher isn't here today!" Ino shoulder. Shiku dropped a tissue on the floor and blinked. "...And?" She asked, shrugging. "The lady...is a ganguro!!" Ino exclaimed. "Auugh! A ganguro!" Shiku clenched her fists. She did not like ganguros. "What is it about you and ganguros?" Shikamaru asked. "Deep tans! Unatural hair! No fashion sense!" Shiku shouted. "Here goes unatural right there." Ino grabbed a sectoin of Shiku's hair, permanently highlighted green. Slapping her hand away, Shiku scowled. "At least everything isn't green!!" and with that, she stormed off to school.

Finally arriving in school, Shiku sat at her desk, staring at the door, sweating bullets. Then, a deep tanned woman with dyed blonde hair hopped in. "Heeey! It's cool to see you guys! My name is Ms.Eni!" The tall woman said. Shiku banged her head on her desk, groaning, "Take out your binders! The day is starting!" everyone hissed at her....except for Shikamaru...who did nothing but sleep. "Heey! Butt munchies, wake up!" Ms.Eni plucked his forehead. "Ouch!" he sprung up, giving her a dirty look. "Jeez. All you women..." he grumbled, starting to realize throughout the day why Shiku hated ganguros. Luckily, the day ended fast. But the class didn't leave so soon...

"Before you guys leave, take the trip forms! We're heading to Erichu springs, far out of Konoha!" Ms.Eni smiled, springing to the front of the class, her excess braclets clinging. "Hope you're excited!" and with that, she sprang away to dismiss herself from everyone. "Stupid...gan..." but before Shiku could finish her sentence, someone touched her shoulder. Turning around to see who it was, she groaned at the sight. "What the hell do you want, Jet?" She sked. Jet was a boy...OBBSESSED with Shiku. "Wanna walk home together?" He asked. "Psh. Heck no. Besides, I have a project to finish at Shikamaru-chan's house." She put her finger in her hair, playing with it. "Shikamaru-chan what?" Shikamaru poked the back of her head. "Nya! Stay away!" Jet grabbed Shiku. "Eep! Get away, baka !" With incredible strength, she knocked Jet over. "Let's just go..." Shikamaru grabbed her shoulders and leaded her outside.

Onward they went, traveling to Shikamaru's house to finish this project. Shiku;s feet were hanging in the air, and she stared at the paper. "This is too damn hard to solve. Hey, genius, help me." She looked at Shikamaru. They were almost done with this project questions before it got hard, Shikamaru groaned and lifted his pen from the floor and wrote the answers. "There." He got up when the door rang. Shiku rolled on her back, letting out a low sigh. "I want to tell you how I feel...but..." She closed her eyes and quieted down. Shikamaru slowly went back to his room to tell her the "bad" news. "Err...Ms.Eni is here for you..." He muttered, to her despair. Shiku muttered some inaudiable cusses, and walked to the door. "What?!" She roared to her hated sub. "You forgot your textbook in class." Ms.Eni winced, handing her her science textbook needed for homework. Shiku grabbed it and blankly stared at the ganguro. "Wanna say thanks?" Ms. Eni blinked. Shiku just shrugged. "YOU HATE MEEE!" Ms.Eni cried. "Duh?" Shiku rolled her eyes and slammed the door on her.
End Notes:
I got the idea of a ganguro thanks to reading GALS! manga. I don't mean any hate to them.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7114