Fractured Fairytales by Dark Moon
Summary: Fairytales normally have happy endings, where everyone but the bad guys end up happy. Fractured fairytales are a whole different game. Anything goes, no matter how cruel or evil or uneccessary the torture you have to endure is. Naruto realized this years ago. It all started on that fateful day.
Categories: Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Fusion Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 1400 Read: 4876 Published: 21/05/07 Updated: 24/05/07

1. Chapter 1 by Dark Moon

2. Chapter 2 by Dark Moon

3. Chapter 3 by Dark Moon

4. Chapter 4 by Dark Moon

Chapter 1 by Dark Moon
Author's Notes:
Hey. I don't own Naruto, any of the characters affiliated with the series, or anything to do with it. I just have an over active imagination.
Please R&R
Naruto stood in front of the mirror. He had to look good today, to hide how horrible he was feeling. It was the anniversery of the third Hokage's death. For some reason, his mind always thought that the Hokage's death and Sasuke's betrayal were on the same day. It was always the hardest day of the year for him, and it hurt. Nothing could curb the pain he was feeling. It decreased over time, but on this day every year the wound opened again and bled. It hurt more than anything he had ever experienced. He sighed as he thought of the powerful hold Sasuke still held over him. Shaking his head, Naruto got up and left his house.
Chapter 2 by Dark Moon
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto. Have fun.
Everyone knew. They knew of the thoughts in his head, the emotions in his chest, and his mood. They could tell he was reminded of the Hokage's death by every ninja he saw. They could tell because he was sombre. His normall smiling face was trapped in a solemn expression that did suit him at all. And they could tell he was thinking of Sasuke, because even when the young Academy students ran to him and showed him their new jutsus, he never smiled. A small, sad smile never graced his lips. This is how they knew.

Naruto walked to Hokage tower. His day had been a long one. Acting as if he wasn't hurt, pretending that life was normal, everything was fine. Too much energy was spent in doing so. Even with all the work he had put forth, he couldn't bring himself to smile. He couldn't betray his memory in such a way. Sighing, Naruto sat down at his desk to file papers. In a way, he was similar to the angry woman he was now training under. They both hated paperwork. The tedious chore allowed his mind to be absorbed in something so rhythemic, so simple, that he forgot all about the troubles that plagued him. He forgot his worries, his fears, his desires and his heartbreak. Well, maybe paperwork wasn't so bad...
Chapter 3 by Dark Moon
Author's Notes:
Same old, same old. I don't own Naruto.
He watched, as he always did. Naruto walked around like his spirit had died, and he knew he was guilty for making this tragedy come around. It was his fault that the sparkling smile that lit up not only his own life, but the lives of everyone in the village. Even though everything that happened was years ago, that in daily life he had made ammends, he had to live with the guilt that one day out of every year Naruto would not smile. The guilt tore his heart apart, shattering the brusied and scarred organ. No matter what he did for Naruto, the blame of this soulless and darkened day fell around his drooping shoulders. Sometimes he wondered if he just dissapeared, would it make anything better. Stupidity was a plauge on this day, toturing him, destroying the sanity he had worked so hard to build. Sasuke. The one and only, avenger of the Uchiha clan, ex-golden boy of Konoha, the only one with enough power to break Naruto completely.
Chapter 4 by Dark Moon
Author's Notes:
I don't own Naruto.
The song I used is Missing - Evanescence. I don't own that either.
Naruto lay in his room, on his bed, alone, in the quiet. If only he could forgive Sasuke completely. He knew it would be so much better for everyone. For Sakura, Kakashi, Sasuke, and himself. The clock ticked nearer to midnight, and Naruto was still trying to find the courage to forgive Sasuke. It wasn't his fault that he was raised to need vengence. It was no more Sasuke's fault than it was Naruto's that he grew up thinking himself an unworthy demon. Naruto thought he could hear his heart break at the realization that he had totured his love for the past 6 years, the 6 years he was back in Konoha, for the fact that eh didn't have the courage to get his heart broken again.

Sasuke glared out the window. He knew Naruto was going to go back to normal the next day. Brilliant smiles all over his face, wanting to be near Sasuke. This one day a year was hell for the both of them, and it would never change. Nothing could take back the damage that Sasuke did to Naruto, nothing could change that he took advantage of a vulnerable 12 year old boy, thinking to use him as a friend to kill for the Mangekyou sharingan. In the 10 years that have past, he grew to love Naruto. As more than a friend, more than the air he breaths or the chakra he uses. He learned that no matter what he did, nothing would let Naruto forgive him, and if by some miracle that did happen, he would only create more pain for the blonde angel. It would be better for the both of them if Sasuke just dissappeared. But he couldn't run away, Naruto would only come after him. He thought, and concluded there was only one way.

Flicking on a CD, Naruto started writting again. He came to the conclusion that there was only one way to escape this cowardice and release Sasuke. Only one.

"You won’t cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me? "

Sasuke turned on his radio. A song came on, and he knew that it would be the last time he would hear it. It suit his feelings perfectly. He finished off the letter he was writting to Naruto, and listened to the lyrics.

"And if I bleed, I’ll bleed,
Knowing you don’t care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
And wake without you there,
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t something..."

Simultaniously, flashes of light, quiet slicing, and soft thuds created two more reasons for the people of Konoha to remember this day as one of death and betrayal.

"Dear Sasuke,
I love you, and I know you know that. I know you love me back. But I feel scared that I'll loose you. I know you promised that I never would, but I'm still afraid. I let this cowardice control my life, and I can't do that to you. This is the only way to release you from this desperate noose that I've tied around your throat. I'm sorry my love, but I know you'll understand.
Love,
Naruto"

"Dear Naruto,
I love you, and I know you know that. I know you love me back. But I feel scared that I'll hurt you. I know I promised I wouldn't, but I don't think that if I even inadvertantly cause you any more suffering, I would die. I'm so sorry, and I've let this fear control me. This is the only way to let you go with as little pain as possible. I know you will understand.
Love,
Sasuke"

As Sakura read the letters that had been addressed to her respective deceased teammates, and cried. The song that both had been listening to played in the background.

'Please, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.
Maybe someday you’ll have woke up,
And, barely conscious, you’ll say to no one:
"isn’t something missing? "

You won’t cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

Please, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
Shudder deep and cry out:
"isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me? "

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

And if I bleed, I’ll bleed,
Knowing you don’t care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
And wake without you there,
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t something...

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?'
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=4860