Not Everyone is Perfect by Nikki_Yaoi
Summary: They fell in love, because of one horrible event after they lost who they swore they'd protect.
Who'd ever think two people so different could fall in love even in the middle of an emotional crisis?

NejixIno
Hints of other pairings later
Categories: Orphan Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 964 Read: 2897 Published: 03/03/07 Updated: 20/06/07

1. Prologue: The Beggining by Nikki_Yaoi

2. A Meeting, An Arguement by Nikki_Yaoi

Prologue: The Beggining by Nikki_Yaoi
Author's Notes:
So, recently I completely fell in love with the pairing NejixIno and Ino in general c: Ino isn't half as annoying as Sakura and she can be pretty smart and caring at times.
My OCs will not appear n_n
I don't own Naruto
Waves of sadness crashed down on the normally happy village of Konoha at the news of losing two ninja, two beloved ninja. Hyuuga Hinata and Haruno Sakura.

There were two people affected most by these losses, Hyuuga Neji, Hinata's cousin, a protective relative to his younger cousin who he swore he'd protect and Yamanaka Ino, Sakura's best friend, the one who had made Sakura into the strong and confident girl she had become.

They'd had never guessed that their lives could go crashing down so quickly as they did.



Neji paced around his room, holding back the tears that the proud Hyuuga said he'd never shed, not as long as he lived, and the more he held back, the more hurt ate at him.

Neji couldn't go to Hinata anymore, like he always use to do in secret, no, he'd never hear her soothing voice again.

Neji was now alone.

A knock sounded at the wall next to his room as his uncle, Hyuuga Hiashi walked in, frowning.

"Neji, I understand the pain you must feel at this moment, but, I must ask you to come to her funeral tommorow."

Neji clenched his fist, trying to refrain himself from yelling at the head of the family who could end his life without doing much of anything.

Hiashi turned to leave, but just as he was about to go he heard Neji speak, "Why aren't you sad about Hinata-sama's untimely death?"

"You were the one who said destiny could not be changed, everything happens for a reason, think about it...." he replied, before continuing out of the room, unaware that Hanabi, Hinata's younger sister, had been listening the entire time.

Hanabi frowned, "Neji-niisan," she whispered quietly to herself before going off to find her father.



Yamanaka Ino cried, she wouldn't hold in her tears, not after the pain of losing her best friend after eighteen years.

The day Shikamaru had brought the news back was the day Ino's life had crashed like a flimsy pile of cards. That day, the only thought that had been going through Ino's mind was how unfair life was, how the people who everyone loved, who were so young were taken away so quickly, without even so much as a goodbye...

"Ino?" came a voice through the door, before Naruto poked his head in, frowning, eyes red from crying.
"Naruto..." Ino sobbed, as he walked over to her, hugging her.

"I miss Sakura-chan too..." he whispered, as she sobbed on his shoulder.

He rubbed her back soothingly, trying to comfort his friend, the one who had become almost as close as he had become to Sasuke.

"Why did Shikamaru have to tell us?" Ino asked.

"So we could pay our respects, and send our love to them," Naruto stated, having become smarter over the years, thanks to the help from Ino and Sasuke.

"Can I be alone for a little?" Ino asked in a whisper.

Naruto nodded, letting go of her and handing her a picture of Sakura and her when they were little, "I found it in Sakura's apartment..."

Ino smiled weakly, "Thanks, Naru-chan..."

"No problem," Naruto muttered before walking out of the room.

Ino wasn't the only one he was worried about, he was also worried about Neji. He walked out of the apartment to go visit Neji, hoping to give him the comfort he had attmepted to give Ino.
A Meeting, An Arguement by Nikki_Yaoi
Author's Notes:
-giggles- Slight SakuHina hints in this chapter -nods- n_n

I hope you like it
"Neji....you there?" Naruto whispered as he opened the door to Neji's room, that the youngest of the main branch members had shown him too.

The brunette sat on his bed, a picture to his chest, pale lavendar eyes looking over at Naruto weakly.

"Are you okay?" the blonde whispered in a concerned voice as he sat next to the Hyuuga.

"Ya, Naruto," Neji whispered, trying to keep his voice as strong as possible and to hold the tears back that pricked at his eyes.

Naruto pulled the older boy into a hug, and nuzzled his face in the soft hair of Neji, before an idea hit him as hard as training with Sasuke. "Ano....Neji, I think I have someone who can sympathize with you...you two have a lot in common...besides, you both have nice hair," Naruto giggled, making the Hyuuga smirk.

"Fine," came the quiet response.

On their way to Ino's home, Naruto bumped into his raven haired rival, a slight blush spreading across the sun kissed, whiskered cheeks.

"Dobe, watch where you're going," the Uchiha mumbled smugly.

"Hn, teme, if you don't mind, Neji and I are going somewhere..." Naruto snapped.

Jealousy flickered in Sasuke's eyes, "Mind if I come, Dobe?"

"FINE! Just stop calling me that..." Naruto muttered.

When they reached where Ino lived, Naruto knocked on the door, only to be greeted by the blonde herself. "Naru-chan, Sasuke-kun, Neji-san...nice to see you..." she whispered in a weak tone, her blue eyes staring at her feet.

"Ino-chan...I was wondering if you and Neji could talk to eachother...to get some understanding..."

"Ah, sure, come on in," Ino whispered stepping out of the way to let the three in.

"Teme and I wil be sitting down here, take as long as you need!" Naruto exclaimed, dragging Sasuke to a couch and sitting him down.

Ino gave Naruto a sceptical look before leading Neji to her room.

"Trying to play matchmaker, Naru-chan?"

"Sasuke-teme, what makes you thing that? AND STOP CALLING ME NARU-CHAN!"

A few minutes later, screams blasted through Ino's door.

Naruto ran to Ino's room and opened the door, only to see Ino and Neji arguing.

"IT'S ALL HINATA'S FAULT SAKURA IS DEAD! IF HINATA WASN'T SO WEAK!" Ino cried.

"Don't blame Hinata-sama...Sakura-san was the weak one!" Neji growled.

"BOTH OF YOU! STOP! It wasn't either of their faults, not everyone is perfect like you two, they had their weakness and the enemies took advantage of that, but I heard they died in eachother's arms...." Naruto stated, the last part droning out to a whisper.

Ino fell back onto her bed, tears welling up in her arms, "They died together..."
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=3599