Sands of Time by XenaAdamana
Summary: Xena is 12 and is now a Sand ninja. She trains with the Sand team every day, and when her team is accepted to going to the chuunin exams, Xena takes that risk. However, because of her "problem" it's a harder task than expected.

XenaXNeji is the main pairing of this story, maybe some XenaXKiba or XenaXKenta

**AKIRA-CHAN, I DEDICATE THIS STORY TO YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME THROUGH ALL THESE TIMES WHEN PEOPLE SAID I COULDN'T WRITE FOR MY LIFE! HUGZ!**
Categories: General Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Xena through the Ages
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 28810 Read: 31056 Published: 29/10/06 Updated: 11/05/07
Recap by XenaAdamana
Author's Notes:
I'm writing a beginning chapter that kind of tells what was going on.
Xena jolted upright. She was covered in sweat, the sheets tangled around her legs. Idun stood over her with a wet towel that she placed on her sister's forehead.
"You had that dream again, didn't you?"
"Yes..."
That same dream... of that same night when her world crumbled down...

~She remembered his face... his scent, even his chakra. That night, they had to flee. Xena was of no use to him anymore, him thinking she was dead. Idun wouldn't believe it and grabbed her mother's headband. A Sand headband.
It took about 2 days, but they made it to Sunagakure and met up with some old friends. The Sand Siblings welcomed them warmly, with the exception of Gaara. Idun noticed he was different from when they had left, but didn't say anything.
"What's wrong with Xena?" Temari asked.
"I don't know... she has some kind of crystal embedded into her."
"Ouch."
Kankurou looked at his old friend with happiness. She was finally back, and when she woke up he would tell her how much he missed her. But that was all 4 years ago...~

Xena's breathing had calmed down and Idun sat on the end of her bed.
"You can't go on like this." She admonished.
"I have to! I have to become a chuunin!"
"Don't forget that there's a chance your team won't get picked."
Xena's team flashed in her mind and she smiled.
"I don't think Kenta and Zephyr would appreciate that."
Idun rolled her eyes, "They can't defeat a bug without hurting something."
Xena glanced over at the clock and noticed it was 6:30, her wake up call.
"Let me go get changed, I have a lot of training ahead of me."
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=2239