Kumiko the spiral ninja by naomi_sama
Summary: Kumiko has been through a lot giving here the nickname drifting ninja. overcoming challenges, she even befriends sabaku no Gaara and realize things she's never imagined. GaaraxOC rated mostly for violence and language
Categories: OC-centric Characters: Gaara
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 42103 Read: 23694 Published: 23/07/06 Updated: 18/09/06

1. Chapter 1 by naomi_sama

2. What?!? by naomi_sama

3. Chapter 3 Dirty traitor by naomi_sama

4. Chapter 4 Enter:The village hidden in the leaves by naomi_sama

5. Chapter 5 Beginners:Team 7 by naomi_sama

6. Chapter 6 First Misssion: Disaster by naomi_sama

7. Chapter 7 First Chakra Lesson by naomi_sama

8. Chapter 8 Respect Earned is Respect Given by naomi_sama

9. Chapter 9 Setting goals by naomi_sama

10. Chapter 10 Ice and Mist by naomi_sama

11. Chapter 11 The teacher is Kumiko by naomi_sama

12. Chapter 12 Training! Again?! by naomi_sama

13. Chapter 13 Killed to wake up by naomi_sama

14. Chapter 14 A hard loss by naomi_sama

15. Chapter 15 Arrival: Volcano village by naomi_sama

16. Chapter 16 Marriage of Deception by naomi_sama

17. Chapter 17 Qualification by naomi_sama

18. Officially entered! by naomi_sama

19. Chapter 19 by naomi_sama

20. Chapter 20 Find the finish line by naomi_sama

21. Chapter 21 Preliminary matches by naomi_sama

Chapter 1 by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
first chappie! hooray!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
-----In the Woods----

“Daddy do you really want me to go the Village of sand?” a girl around the age of five asked nervous. She was cut across the head and her chin was bleeding. She looked like an animal attacked her.
“Kumiko my beautiful and only child you have to go to the Village of Sand, you will be safer there,” her father said and she looked at him with her innocent purple eyes. He gave her a handkerchief and whipped the blood from her head.
“Will I make any friends there?” the child asked nervous.
“You will make a bunch of friends and learn to be a ninja like me, and you can get your belt from the village of sand,” the man said and she smiled.
“Bye Daddy,” she sniffled and hugged her father. He did a hand sign and she was gone. He looked up with his eye and pulled a knife out of the hidden weapons pocket on his belt. “Let’s Go Ninja.”

----Five Years Later-----

Five years has passed and Kumiko is now ten and doing rather well at the academy for young ninja.” Please everyone tell me your names and I will put you in groups to train in,” a sensei said and a bunch of children looked up confused. “Jioron Yoshi, Nicko Juro, Gaara of the Sand and Kakashi Kumiko, remember your groups these will be the people you will be with for a long time,” the sensei smirked and three boys growled.
“Who’s Kumiko anyways? Is she even here?” a boys voice asked.
“Of course I’m here, did you expect me be away?” a girls voice asked confused.
“Now please go home you have the weekend to think of a Jutzu to show your team your specialty, “ the sensei ordered and everyone whined.
“Great now I have to make a Jutzu?” another boy cried and everyone walked out of class. Kumiko walked out and towards the forest she ran.

------The Forest-----

A boy with red hair walked along the wooded area when a sword being pulled from it case made him stop. He glared with disgust as an assassin jumped out of a tree.
“Are you Gaara of the Sand?” the assassin asked smirking. The boy just glared waiting for the man to make a move. “Answer me boy!”
“Yes my father sent you,” Gaara answered and the man’s smirk widened.
“Now how would you like to die easy and quick or long and painful?” the assassin asked and Gaara became more annoyed. He waved his hands into correct hand signs making sand appear and cover his attacker.

-----Kumiko------

“Wow my group is filled with guys who I don’t even know, and they think I’m a ghost!” Kumiko growled and pulled out a chopstick from her hair. It grew into a large staff that was deep green and complemented her eyes. “alright what should I show them?” Kumiko though and sat cross-legged. “I could do a blade, or a trap or my favorite out of the ground, or engulfment?” while pondering a strange gust blew past Kumiko’s face. Quickly standing she walked over cautiously to the bushes.
Unexpectedly she was smacked under something and hit in the head. After punching whatever it was and moving away something still grabbed her by her wrist making Kumiko look like she was handcuffed.
“Now Boy let me go and this little girl here doesn’t get it!” an angry mans voice growled in a nervous tone. A blade was set against Kumiko’s neck and she filled with anger. “Now make your discussion,” the man yelled and Kumiko looked down.
“The Bamboo staff, if I could just kick it-“ she thought and kicked up the staff. “Get off me!” she growled and pummeled the guy in the face. He hit the ground with a thud as she landed on her feet. As Kumiko grabbed the staff she noticed the mans belt, it had the symbols of a killer with pride
“You are dead little girl,” the killer cried and threw his sword at her. She looked and in a blink Kumiko was where the assassin was. He had the blade though his heart, then fell over in a heap. Kumiko panted and noticed she had a scratch on her face.
“Almost didn’t do that in time,” she said not opening her eyes. Kumiko was drained all her chakra was gone. She looked at the body shocked, “He was aiming for my head.”
“Hn you ok?” a boys voice asked and Kumiko turned.
“I’m…” Kumiko didn’t get to finish her head was hit so hard it caused fainting.
Kumiko opened her eyes and saw that she was in a strange room. Everything the color of sand walls floors and the bed she sat on. “Where am I?” she thought and the door opened. A boy about the same age as her walked in holding a cup of soup. “Did you-“ she was cut short.
“I brought you here. You killed the man trying to kill me,” the boy said. His red hair was shining and green eyes were glowing.
“You did that? Thank you.” Kumiko smiled and the boy looked confused.
“Eat this it is something to help you regain your Chakra,” he demanded and she took the bowl and chopsticks. Kumiko then remembered something very important.
“Do you happen to know where my staff is?” Kumiko asked and he pulled the bamboo chopstick from his pocket. “Wow thank you again.”
“Who are you?” he asked and she looked at him.
“I am Kakashi Kumiko,” Kumiko said and held out her hand. The boy just looked at it disgusted.
“Gaara of the sand,” he answered and she pulled her hand away.
“Well I hope we can get along in our training group, you are in my group you know,” she added and he looked confused.
“Since when?” Gaara asked confused.
“Since today, you weren’t in class, I can see why trying to be assassinated, we have to have a Jutzu to present to our group,” Kumiko stated and he glared at her.
“I don’t need anything,” Gaara answered and she looked confused.
“Everyone needs something, what I need is something far from my reach,” Kumiko said and let out a sigh. Gaara looked shocked at what was said, out of this girl’s mouth. “I really enjoyed meeting you Gaara,” Kumiko smiled.
“I’ll take you home,” he stated and she stepped out of the bed. Kumiko put the chopstick in her hair.
“Oh ok,” she said and Gaara picked her up. He jumped out the window and landed on the ground with one fast motion.
“Where do you live?” He ordered and Kumiko pointed to a hotel. Gaara looked down at her very confused, “Where is your home?” he demanded.
“Umm that is my home, I don’t’ have a house,” Kumiko said and Gaara rolled his eyes. He ran let her down and the two of them walked to the hotel. Not much was said because Gaara didn’t talk but he watched observing every move that was made by this strange girl.
When they reached the Hotel Kumiko walked in and Gaara followed making sure she was home okay. “Gaara this is my home,” Kumiko said opening a door. It was weird to Gaara everything had color. “It’s not as big as your house but it is home,” she said and he looked at her shocked.
“I will see you in class then?” he asked and Kumiko looked confused.
“Yes, see you later Gaara,” she smiled and Gaara walked away.
What?!? by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
R/R!! ^_^
by the way, the people name's are sorta like their P.O.V
-----Three Years Later------

Kumiko is 13 and has made great friends with her team members, but there is a bit of a dilemma. Especially because the sensei refused to teach Gaara, all because Gaara wouldn’t talk to him, and almost killed him for hitting Kumiko.
“No Kumiko you can’t create a Jutsu with your eyes closed!” their sensei yelled and smacked her in the head. She landed hard and had a bloody lip but before Kumiko could even attack Gaara held their sensei by the neck.
“Gaara, It isn’t worth it don’t kill him,” Kumiko said wiping the blood from her lip. Gaara dropped the sensei and walked over to Kumiko helping her up.
“You all right?” he asked and she glared at her fainted teacher.
“Yea,” she answered and the other two boys ran over. One had orange hair that was short cut and brown eyes. He stood looking at the sensei with disgust. The other boy had black hair that was short and curly on the ends with blue eyes.
“Kumiko, are you all right?” the second one asked as Gaara helped her stand.
“Fine, Nicko,” she answered and he was about to help her when Gaara gave him a death glare.
“Gaara look what you did,” the other boy said.
“Yoshi,” Nicko said and Yoshi looked over annoyed. He believed everything sensei did was right. “WE don’t want to be here when he wakes up, he will blame you as well,” Nicko tried to convince Yoshi. Yoshi nodded and left.

When the sensei woke up he was outraged, his own student attacking him. He marched straight up to Gaara’s house and demanded to talk to Gaara’s father. Kumiko was in the living room at the time with Gaara and could hear every word their sensei yelled.
“I WILL NOT TEACH A STUDENT WHO TRIES TO KILL ME WHEN I AM DISOPLINING ANTOTHER STUDENT!” he screamed. “FIND ANOTHER SENSEI I NORI REFUSE TO TEACH HIM!”
“Gaara,” Kumiko said upset. “He’s doing this on purpose,” she mumbled and he walked over to her. “He hates my father and he hates you that’s why.”
“I know,” Gaara said and Kumiko hugged him. “He won’t harm you, if he does I will kill him.” Gaara added and Kumiko held tighter.
“Promise?” she asked and Gaara held her tighter. Their sensei walked into the room. He was shocked to see Kumiko and nervous after hearing what Gaara said.
“Promise.” He answered and glared at Nori sensei. He got all sweaty and ran out of the house like a chicken without his head.

----Kumiko----

Kumiko had finally reached the level that a ninja need to go on a graduation mission. Her Yoshi and Nicko are going for once without Nori sensei. Ever since his mishap with Gaara their sensei was really nice to Kumiko.
“Kumiko! Where is that girl?” Nicko asked looking around.
“Late as usual she is never on time,” Yoshi sighed and their sensei sat in a tree waiting.
“I’m here,” Kumiko yelled landing behind the boys. Her sensei looked at her and gasped as Gaara walked out of the bushes.
“Gaara you are not my student you have to leave,” Nori sensei said a little nervous.
“See you when I get back?” Kumiko asked in a whisper and Gaara nodded.
“He better of remembered what I promised,” Gaara smirked. He said it loud enough that the sensei started to shake. Once Gaara was gone Kumiko walked in between Yoshi and Nicko
“Great here is your mission, a demon is attacking a village and it will be your mission to kill the demon. Since this is an S-Class Mission all we know is that he is a wind demon, and will kill anything in his way. Your job is to move this demon into the mountains and then kill it, so no more damage is caused,” their sensei explained and the three students nodded.
“We can handle it,” Yoshi said showing his muscles. Kumiko and Nicko almost fell over laughing but quickly shut up when they realized their sensei was watching.
“Great I hope to see you when you are finished,” Nori smirked, Kumiko looked at him confused.
“So Kumiko how do you suppose we get there?” Nicko asked and Yoshi interrupted.
“I think we should walk if it is a wind demon anything in the air will be sensed.” Yoshi said and the two nodded.
“For once Yoshi you are using your head,” Kumiko complemented and Yoshi smiled. He was the head on hot-tempered one who talked to Kumiko but hated Nicko. He had a sense of humor but it was rare he would laugh, with his serious “I’m going to win,” attitude which matched his fire jutsus.
Nicko on the other hand was outgoing and loved to make fun of people. He cared only a little what people felt and was very annoying. On occasion Yoshi and Kumiko would smack him because of his insentient jabbering. Since he used water Jutsu, and was a pervert, he was always tried making Kumiko’s shirt wet. He succeeded once by accident of Gaara’s presence and was unable to move for three days. Kumiko was so embarrassed so she wore Gaara’s jacket for a week.
Kumiko she was the strongest of the group, but cared about her teammates. She risked her life countless times for them but was also very quite on mission. That’s when it came to stealth she was #1. She has hated her sensei ever since he hit her and has started to dislike Nicko’s attitude towards her more and more.

---Yoshi-----

“How close do you think we are?” Nicko asked and Kumiko climbed a tree. She felt the wind currents rise and was about to climb down when the current blew her off. Yoshi caught her and put her down she was surprised he caught her and Yoshi was blushing.
“Well since the gust of wind could knock me down we’re getting closer.” Kumiko said and Yoshi quickly put her down.
“Alright then we should be able to find the demon in the next hour,” Nicko added.
“Right,” the others answered at the same time. A long pause of silence occurred until Yoshi broke it.
“Hey Kumiko where are you going to go once you graduate?” he asked playing with his fingers.
“I really don’t know?” Kumiko smiled. “Maybe I will visit my father, then travel the world, that is after the Village Tournament has taken place.”
“SO let me guess you want to win that,” Nicko said trying not to laugh.
“What is so funny?” Kumiko ordered ready to hit Nicko over the head with a tree branch.
“Just that you and Gaara tied do you plan on doing that in the Tournament?” Nicko laughed and Kumiko smacked Nicko with the tree branch then continued walking. Kumiko looked over and saw Yoshi starring at her. “Yoshi is something the matter?”
“Well yes Kumiko,” he answered seriously as they walked. “I had this really weird feeling there is a spy and that this is going to be our last mission.”
“That’s not true. Just because its graduation doesn’t mean any of us are going to quit being a ninja. Oh and if there was a spy I know you would kill them” Kumiko spoke and saw Nicko was acting very strange he wouldn’t stop shaking. Yoshi spoke making Nicko hide behind a bush.
“Kumiko you should go ahead, I’m going to check out the air,” Yoshi said. Kumiko looked confused. Without talking she ran ahead far enough that Yoshi and Nicko could speak without her hearing or so they thought.
“Nicko what is your problem?” Yoshi demanded and Nicko’s face turned pale.
“Nothing I’m just a little nervous about our mission,” Nicko answered. Yoshi looked at him with disgust. “Don’t worry Yoshi you will have your chance to impress Kumiko, believe me.” Nicko whispered.
“What are you talking about?” Yoshi growled. Nicko had a scared look on his face and was sweating pretty bad.
“Nothing I was ju-“
“GUYS!” Kumiko yelled making Yoshi run up right next to her.
“What?” Yoshi asked and she pointed down the side of the mountain edge they were now standing on. “Is that it?”

-----Kumiko-----

“Yes that is the demon we are looking for.” Nicko smirked appearing on the other side of Kumiko. Gazing down at the site tornados and whirlwinds were visible. The demon looked like a pale figure that had swirls of wind all around them.
“You guys ready?” she asked looking down with an emotionless expression.
“Let’s go,” Yoshi called. Two of them jumped off and Nicko stayed at the top.
“What is he doing?” Kumiko looked back.
“Let him if he doesn’t want to graduate it’s his problem.” Yoshi snorted. Kumiko fell back and ran to where Nicko was.
“Come on,” she demanded grabbing his wrist and pulling him.
“No Kumiko I don’t want to go, I want to stay there.” Nicko said and Kumiko didn’t care.
“What is your point you are coming with us, if you are left behind you will be killed.” Kumiko ordered dragging Nicko down the steep mountain. Nicko eventually got his footing and ran next to her.
“You are insane you know that Kumiko,” Nicko called and landed next to Yoshi. They stared at the demon from a tree behind it.
“So what’s the plan?” Yoshi asked and Kumiko looked around.
“What would happen if we surround it?” Kumiko asked and the boys looked confused. “No we want to chase it back up the mountain.” She sighed.
“Then let’s attack it head on.” Nicko suggested.
“Alright let’s go you take behind and me and Kumiko will take front. That way you can use the lake.” Yoshi suggested and Kumiko nodded.
“Let’s go,” she smiled. Being a ninja was her life, situations like this were fun to Kumiko. She wore her Sand village headband with pride across her forehead. Kumiko’s headband wasn’t showing she was a real ninja but it showed she was the highest-level student.
“Right behind you,” Yoshi smirked. Fighting was his life, Nicko was his rival and Yoshi was always trying to win and usually did. He was always showing Nicko up and Kumiko would laugh at how dumb they looked.
When they were a few distances from the demon they were unprepared for what was standing right in front of them. Yoshi froze in shock while Kumiko gasped.
“Nori Sensei?” she managed to spit out.
“Hello Kumiko, Yoshi,” their sensei laughed as they stared shocked.
Chapter 3 Dirty traitor by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
so dramatic! *swoons* okay not really...
---Kumiko----

“Nori Sensei? You are a demon?” Yoshi asked and Kumiko looked over towards Nicko. He casually walked over next to Nori.
“What are you doing Nicko?” Kumiko asked. “Get over here he is a demon.”
“I know that Kumiko,” he smirked, “He is my sensei and I plan to follow him and countinue what I love to do.”
“You lier you said you hated killing people when we saw a whole village slaughtered.” Yoshi growled getting into a fighting stance and Kumiko did the same.
“No I said I hated that they were killed, only because I didn’t have the pleasure of doing it my self.” Nicko laughed evily.
“You are an Evil person Nicko, Gaara was right when he said you couldn’t be trusted.” Kumiko glared.
“Oh you and Gaara, he is a killer as well as I am,” Nicko chuckled. “Why do you love him and not me?”
“He doesn’t kill innocent people and lie,” she angerly said.
“No matter now this will be the final battle between us.” Nori laughed and looked at Kumiko.
“You take Nori,” Yoshi whispered.
“But I thought you would want to take him,” she answered.
“No my rival is Nicko and when I beat him this time I won’t go easy,” he smirked. She nodded and gave him a look that read, “Be careful we are on our own here”.
“Well Kumiko looks like you get to fight your sensei.” Nori laughed and something hit Kumiko.

---Memory----
“Daddy who is the demon who you are trying to kill?” she as a child asked her fatrher.
“His name is Nori and he is very evil, he uses wind control but has a weaknes…” the rest of the words from her father couldn’t be remembered
----End Memory----

“Well here goes.” Kumiko sighed. Nori charged straight towards her and waved his hands like a mad demon. She quickly did hand signs. “Plant Style Bamboo Blade.” She called puling the Bamboo staff out of her hair. As she fought an equally matched battle with Nori Nicko and Yoshi were going all out.

“Come on Yoshi is that the best you got? How are you going to emprees Kumiko with that?” Nicko teased. Yoshi did a jitzu, making his foot on fire, and kicked Nicko into the ground. Nicko rubbed his head and quickly dodged a punch from Yoshi.
“You are the one who loves her why try and kill her?” Yoshi smirked as he looked over at Nicko.
“I’m not trying to kill her, Nori is, and she is only good enough for me if she wins.” Nicko chuckled getting a rather hot burn b another of Yoshi’s Jitzu.

The fight continued with Kumiko having the upper hand fighting Nori and Yoshi burning Nicko to bloody pulp. As Kumiko sliced her sword towards Nori’s right arm she sliced it but wind currents escaped sending her sword into the lake.
“Now let’s see what you can do without your sword,” Nori panted trying to sound tuff.
“You boast a lot, for now being a lefty.” She laughed and he looked down.
“My arm!” he hissed. “Nicko they have the advantage it’s time to turn the tables,”
“Yes Sir,” Nicko smirked. Yoshi stood his ground from across the lake from Kumiko. She glared at the pair of traders when they started talking.
“Wind,” Nori said while at the same time “Water” was called by Nicko. “Style Whirling Double Cyclone Jitzu” the finished and Nicko rose his hands into the air making the water swirl from one straight one to one with two head. I resembled a tree with only two braches. Nori waved his hands and air currents formed around the water.
“A double Jitzu,” Yoshi gasped. “I didn’t think they were possible.”
“I didn’t know Nicko had the chakra to create one,” Kumiko added annoyed. She starred nervous at the cyclone, unsure of what to do when one of the branches shot at her.
“Light Barriar Jit-“ she created a small barrier but didn’t get to complete the seal. The water engulfed her and she was about to swim away but the added force of the wind pinned her to a tree. She was running out of air and noticed a knife coming towards her arm. she tried to move but it skinned her arm anyway. The water stopped and she fell off the tree bloody and out of breath.
“That knife was supposed to take your arm off,” Nori laughed standing on the east.
“Well it didn’t work,” Nicko huffed as he stood on the west. Kumiko raised her head to see oshi on the ground no more than a few feet from her. “What do you think a water trident?”
“What ever you want to use,” Nori chuckled. Kumiko’s eyes widened. Nicko’s Water trident was his finishing attack. “Water Style Water Trident.” He called as the water in ice form flew towards Kumiko. She closed her eyes and heard the piercing noise of two objects.
“How did she do that?” Nicko’s voice weakly asked gasping. Kumiko opened her eyes to see Nicko with his own trident through him. She turned away as he fell over.
“Forgive me Yoshi, I know how you wanted to finish him,” she whispered. Footsteps were heard behind her and she slowly turned onto her stomach.
“Kakashi Kumiko, daughter of Kakashi Hatake, prepare to die,” Nori laughed but a voice stopped him.
“Nori when I get there you better be ready to die,” a serious voice called. Nori turned pale and threw Kumiko into the mountain edge where she hit her head on a rock, then Nori ran off. Kumiko landed into a pile of leaves with a bunch of rocks around her .
“Ya-Yoshi?” Kumiko asked weak.
“Kumi?” Yoshi’s voice answered.
“Wh-Where…. are...you?” Kumiko asked trying to move and stay conscious.
“In…lake,” he answered weakly. A splash as heard and Kumiko lost consciousness.

----Kakashis----

“It is all my fault I should have know who Nori sensei was,” a man’s voice said upset.
“Kakashi calm down were going as fast as we can,” another man said. They ran and the symbol of the Village Hidden in the Leafs showed on their ninja bands.
“Iruka, the reason I sent her away was this, I knew he would track her down and try to kill her,” Kakashi worriedly sprinted. Then a voice was heard off in the distance.
“Kakashi Kumiko, Daughter of Kakashi Hatake, prepare to die,” the unforgettable voice of the demon Nori laughed.
“Nori when I get there you better be ready to die,” Kakashi called angrily. “They should be right here,” Kakashi jumped out of the trees. He saw blood broken trees and a boy sinking into the water. Iruka, the ninja Kakashi was with jumped into the water after the boy. “Kumiko?” he called worried. Iruka came up with the boy in his arms.
“Did you find her?” he asked pushing the boy on land and making him spit up water.
“No Kumiko, where are you!” Kakashi called more worried. She had barely any chakra left.
“O-over…by…rocks,” the boy pointed and Kakashi looked up at the huge blood stain on the boulder.
“No Kumiko!” Kakashi cried running over to the foot of the mountain. He was about to climb it when out of the corner of his eye he saw pale blue hair. “Kumik.” He ran over and removed the rocks around her. He scooped her up in his arms.
“Kakashi we should get them to a village pronto!” Iruka yelled and Kakashi looked down at his daughters limp figure. Kakashi jumped out and landed next to Iruka.
“Let’s take them to the village it is closest.” Kakashi suggested.
“Alright,” Iruka nodded. The two ninja disappeared each with a body of a fallen fighter. They were both in severe condition, and if they hadn’t been found at that moment then the two would have died.

---Gaara-------------

Gaara sat on his roof looking into the sky waiting for Kumiko to return with her headband. He would just look at her making her feel like she has to beat him.
“Gaara,” Gaara’s sister, Temari, called.
“What is it?” he growled and her voice sounded a little nervous.
“You know Kumiko?” she asked and Gaara looked down.
“what about her?” he demeaned
“She was just taken by ninja’s from the leaf village out of the forest,” his Temari answered and Gaara jumped off the roof. He grabbed his sister’s neck. Even though she was older then her baby brother she was weaker and afraid. She saw what happened when he got mad at that Nicko kid.
“EXPLAIN!” he growled and she shivered.
“Two ninja from the Village Hidden in the Leafs ran her and the fire kid towards their village.” Temari explained hoping he would let her go. He dropped her and ran off towards the Village Hidden in the Leafs. He traveled on his sand with great speed but made sure he couldn’t be seen. Upon his arrival he sent sand to find the hospital, once he locating the correct building he flew down to see the two ninja Temari spoke of. Kumiko had a similar resemblance to one of them.
“Why did they only bring Kumiko and Fire out of the forest, where is moron?” he asked himself looking in the window. He glared as he saw fire boy lying on a bed “weakling” he snorted. Looking across the room his expression changed
as he saw Kumiko lying motionless. “Kumiko,” he whispered jumping in the window. He noticed a cut on her cheek wasn’t made with a blade. “Wind? That bastard cut her!” Gaara growled and felt the chakra of the ninja returning. “I’ll be back Kumiko.” He quietly whispered.
Chapter 4 Enter:The village hidden in the leaves by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
GaaraxKumiko! XD
------Kakashi------

“NO YOSHI,” Kumiko yelled panicking. She shot up in her bead, eyes covered in tears and breathing hard. “I HAVE TO HELP HIM!” she cried trying to get out of bed. Two arms wrapped her into a hug keeping her on the bed.
“Kumiko calm down,” Kakashi’s voice calmly said.
“Daddy,” Kumiko cried as she hugged Kakashi back.
“Shhh, calm down,” Kakashi whispered. He watched as Kumiko cried on his shoulder and fell asleep. “It will be alright.” He whispered and laid her down. He walked out of the room and sat down at a table where Iruka sat.
“How is she?” Iruka asked. Kakashi shook his head.
“She is stressing herself out, thinking she is still in the forest.”
“she is your daughter, I’m still amazed how you kept her hidden for so long,” Iruka smiled. “She is growing up.”
“I know she isn’t a child anymore,” he sighed. “She is no longer a ninja in the village of sand either. Kumiko is the same rank as you.” Kakashi explained.
“That kid has a lot of strength, are you sure? Chuunin?” Iruka asked.
“Almost positive,” Kakashi smiled.
“I wouldn’t have your hopes up,” a priestess interrupted walking in with cups of tea. “She injured her head pretty bad and probably won’t remember much about fighting.”
“What do you mean?” Kakashi asked worried.
“I mean that she is suffering from a mild case of amnesia.” The priestess explained.
“That means she is going to be a Genin?” Ikura asked and Kakashi shook his head.
“The Hokage said Kumiko would be a Chuunin, until she recovers her memory I’m making her my Genin.” Kakashi decided.

---Kumiko------

Kumiko woke in pain and held he head. “Aww what did I do training with Gaara?” she mumbled and looked around. “why am I in the hospital and” she looked up at her head.
“Do you remember where you were?” her father asked and she slowly nodded.
“I was in a fight with the demon Nori, Yoshi is really hurt and Nicko is a dirty trader.” She said trying to remember. “I why can’t I remember the rest?”
“You are suffering from amnesia, until we find something that clicks you won’t remember much of how to fight.” Kakashi explained.
“No way I’m fine,” Kumiko argued but Kakashi looked at her.
“Create a water Jitzu.” Kakshi challenged.
“Fine,” Kumiko looked down at her hands and started to sweat. She gulped and her eyes widened. “Why can’t I create or remember for that matter a jitzu?” she said scared.
“You are suffering from amnesia, but there is your proof if you don’t believe me.” He said and she continued to stare at her hands. “You can create basic Jitzus like your bamboo ones but the ones you learned in battle are gone.”
“WHAT!!” she cried shocked. “All of them every single one, but I learned so many and I almost mastered the Schalter Sie Ort!” Kumiko gasped disappointed. She started to hyperventilate until Kakashi walked over to her. He bent down and pulled up her chin.
“That’s why you are here in the Village of Leafs. I will teach you everything I know so you can become a ninja at my village,” Kakashi tried to make her feel better. He handed her a head protector with the symbol of a leaf on it. “Looks just like mine.”
“But daddy what about all my training? I was going to become a Chuunin but now am a Genin again!” Kumiko said and he smiled.
“I passed students almost a week ago for the first time, you will be able to train with them.” Kakashi looked at her and she put on a weak smile.
“Thanks Dad,” she said and hugged him.
“I’m going to go I’ll be back tomorrow with your things so explore the village, things have changed in eight years,” Kakashi laughed walking out the room. Kumiko took a deep breath and something hit her.
“Gaara!!” she gasped and weakly stood up. She tried to get out of bed but could barley sit back up. When she had both feet on the ground sand appeared in front of her face in a swirl to revel Gaara, arms crossed and a confused look on his face.
“Where are you going?” he asked glaring at her.
“I-I” she stuttered but he looked at her feet and pushed them back under the covers.
“You were going to try and escape,” he asked and Kmiko nodded.
“My father is going to keep me here and I-“ Gaara put a finger to her mouth.
“I heard,” he interrupted.
“Then I don’t have to explain anything,” Kumiko sighed. “I can’t even create a simple water Jitzu of my choosing.”
“Rather your Jitzu than your skill,” Gaara added.
“True, but I have to go kill Nicko,” she looked over and saw Yoshi’s still motionless body. “I can never forgive him for what he did to Yoshi”
“I am going to kill that bastard Nori as soon as I get my hands on him. I should have killed him the first time he harmed you.” Gaara growled mentally slapping himself.
“Thank you Gaara,” Kumiko said as she held back tears of joy.
“We can kill them together as soon as you are healed.” Gaara stated and Kumiko smiled.
“Alright, but there is a problem, I have to stay here.” Kumiko pointed out and Gaara thought.
“You need to train and this ninja that saved you is apparently skilled so he will be a good new sensei.” Gaara thought outloud.
“Gaara that is my father,” Kumiko said changing the subject.
“That explains resemblance,” he said more to himself. There was a long silence until Kumiko had and idea.
“I know the Tournament where all Villages compete, it is hosted here this year. We can go off and find Nori and Nicko after that takes place.” Kumiko cheered with erh idea.
“Then it is settled train for the tournament and win, then go kill the bastard, “ Gaara said. “You will be ready by then?”
“Yes I will, but I don’t know what I’m going to do in the meantime. I can’t leave this village or I will be a moving target.” Kumiko sighed.
“Then I will visit on the full moon.” Gaara said and Kumiko looked at him.
“Gaara you would do that?” she asked confused and he nodded yes.
“It’s getting late you need to rest,” he said pushing her down and tucking her in. he kissed her forehead and she looked shocked.. “When it’s a full moon we will see each other and everything will be the way it should,” Gaara whispered blushing and headed towards the window trying to hide his face.
“Bye,” she said blushing and watched as he disappeared. “Wow Gaara kissed my forehead! He barely knew what a hug was before I met him” Kumiko thought and smiled as she drifted off to sleep.
Chapter 5 Beginners:Team 7 by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
~~~*~~~
“Wow dad was right everything does look different,” Kumiko sighed walking down the street where markets were lined up. She sniffed the air and looked over at a stall that said Ramen. “Wonder what Ramen tastes like?” she said out loud.
“What do you mean wonder what it taste like?” a boy voice asked and Kumiko turned around.
“I never had Ramen,” she answered plainly and the boy stared. He had yellow spike hair and wore an orange jumpsuit. He a headband like hers and starred at her with his annoyed blue eyes.
“Well then you have to have some,” he sat down. “Here I’ll get you some,” he ordered and two bowls of hot noodles were delivered. Kumiko paid for her bowl and watched as the boy devoured his.
“You must really like this, it can’t be that good?” she denied and ate some noodles. The expression on her face was priceless, it was a “wow this isn’t good,” and a “what is in this.”
“Told you that you would like it,” the boy laughed and Kumiko continued to eat. “Hey you are a ninja!” he blurted and Kumiko shook her head.
“Wow he just noticed now,” she thought and he stood up.
“I’m Naruto Uzumaki! The next Hokage!” he blurted proud. “What is your name?” he asked as she sat in the shadows.
“Kumiko,” she answered and his jaw dropped.
“Hey you’re a girl!” he gasped and Kumiko filled up with anger. “Why are you wearing boys cloths?” she looked down at her outfit and put on a weak smile.
“I like wearing boy cloths,” she quickly smiled and Naruto just blinked.
“Why is your hair all tied up?” he asked as she finished her Ramen and walked into the light.
“It is easier to fight in, I was thinking of letting it grow” Kumiko stated and Naruto looked confused.
“Why it looks nice tied up?” the something hit him. “Do you like Sasuke?” Naruto asked stopping dead in his tracks.
“Sasuke?” Kumiko asked confused. “Who is that?” Naruto practically jumped in the air.
“You are the first girl I met who isn’t obsessed with him, I love you!” Naruto hugged her and she froze.
“Please get off of me,” Kumiko asked in a nervous tone. Naruto let go and was blushing for some reason. “Wonder what his problem is?” she thought and continued to walk.
“Why are you growing your hair?” Naruto asked scratching his head.
“I just thought I was going to need a new,” she explained and he nodded. “I actually wanted to grow it out a while ago but Nori would have chopped it off
She clenched her fists.
“Wow I have to go,” Naruto said looking at the sun. “Will I see you again?”
“Probably we live in the same village?” Kumiko asked cocking an eyebrow.
“Just wondering,” he laughed. “Bye Kumiko.”
“Bye Naruto,” she waved. “I wonder if he is one of dad’s students?”

“Let’s go meet my students,” Kakashi smiled after Kumiko finished putting things in her new room. It was really empty but she didn’t own a lot.
“Dad since what am I supposed to call you?” Kumiko asked, “Let me just go up and say ‘Hi I’m Kakashi Kumiko, this is my daddy?” she answered sarcastically.
“Just call me Sensei or Kakashi or Kakashi Sensei, either one,” her father suggested.
“Ok and who am I?” she asked.
“Well all my students need to know is that you are Kumiko and are a gifted beginning ninja.” Kakashi said and Kuimiko nodded.
Kumiko and Kakashi ran to a bridge separating the forest and the village. Kumiko stopped a few feet away and saw two boys fighting and a girl sitting on the bridge railing.
Naruto was in the fight with another boy. They looked like a big dust pile moving around with hands and feet.
“Sakura what is going on?” Kakashi kindly asked the girl.
“Naruto said he made a new friend and Sasuke thinks he is making it up because it is a girl,” the girl explained. She had light pink hair and green eyes with a red dress and leaf headband on top of her head.
“KUMIKO IS A REAL PERSON!” Naruto yelled throwing punches.
“I bet you made her up, she’s not real,” a boys voice said from the pile of dust. He had dark almost black hair with matching eyes, white shorts and a wide neck blue shirt.
“Well I thought I was real?” Kumiko spoke for the first time in front of the group. Everyone looked at Kakashi shocked.
“Who is that?” Sakura asked confused and Kakashi looked behind him.
“Don’t tell me you are shy?” he asked and she glared at him.
“People like that annoy me,” she whispered and Kakashi started to laugh. He pushed her in front of him and everyone looked shocked.
“This is-“ but before he could finish Naruto was holding Kumiko’s hands.
“Kumiko you are our new teammate?” he asked blushing.
“I guess?” she said and Kakshi nodded. “Yes.”
“Wow so you are a real person,” Sakura smiled. “Sure you aren’t a jitzu?”
“Here.” The boy Sasuke threw a knife at her and she caught it right in front of her face. “She is real.” He concluded and Kumiko glared with disgust at him.
“Don’t look at Sasuke like that,” Sakura complained and Naruto jumped in.
“Don’t yell at Kumiko.” Naruto growled and Sasuke looked at Kumiko as she glared at the fighting two.
“Can I leave now?” she asked Kakashi and he nodded.
“They will be fighting forever might as well,” he said annoyed as Sakura and Naruto continued to beat each other in a battle of words. Kumiko walked into the village towards the hospital.
“Wonder if she needs to take mental medicine?” Saskuke thought smirking. Kumiko was about to walk into the hospital when she drew the chopstick from her hair.
“Catch Sasuke,” she mouthed and Sasuke looked from the roof shocked. Kumiko threw the chopstick and he dodged but had his arms grabbed and was pinned down to the by a foot. “Why are you following me?” Kumiko demanded.
“I’m a ninja, and your new team mate deal with it!” Sasuke barked and Kumiko removed her foot. “I don’t like you,” he hissed.
“You are not the first.” Kumiko snapped back. She pulled her chopstick out of the roof and jumped off.
“This is going to be a long expierence.” Sasuke directed the comment at Kumiko and she walked away.

----Kakashi-----

Annoyed by the new girls actions Sasuke walked back to the other teammates. “You are still fighting?” he asked and Kakashi was reading a book in the shade of a tree.
“I think you have a dumb dream!” Sakura yelled.
“Well I don’t care what you think!” Naruto yelled and walked away.
“Round two,” Kaksahi put up his fingers. Sasuke looked over and Sakura marched right over to Naruto.
“HOW DARE YOU!” Sakura growled and they were fighting again. After about an hour fighting Kumiko dropped out of the tree.
“Where did you come from?” Kakashi asked bored.
“They said he isn’t getting any better and may never get better,” Kumiko whispered in Kakashi’s ear. As she did this everything was silent trying to figure out what she said. “Wow they remind me so much of my team.” She chuckled.
“What is the secret?” Naruto asked next to Kumiko.
“Like she would tell you, it’s a secret!” Sakura stated.
“She said that if a team fights they have poor communication skills and will never become Chuunin.” He chuckled.
“Well how would she know?” Sakura asked offended.
“She has worked with others before,” Kakashi chuckled again. And with that one comment from her father there was a new hatred for the new unknown ninja of Kohona.
Chapter 6 First Misssion: Disaster by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
(^o^)
---Kakshi-----

Kumiko was never home always training or visiting her old teammate, which worried Kakashi. “Where are you going?” he asked his daughter and she just looked out the door.
“I’m going to see Yoshi,” she simply answered and walked away.
“I hope she knows he isn’t going to recover,” Kakashi sighed to himself

---Kumiko-----

“Yoshi why aren’t you getting any better?” Kumiko asked sitting by her friend’s side. She visited every other day but he is still the same motionless person. She sat and talked to Yoshi for about 10 minutes until Kakashi walked in.
“Kumiko,” he said seriously. She looked up at him confused.
“Is something wrong?” she asked worried, “Is Yoshi Dieing?”
“No nothing like that, I’m taking you on a mission,” he said and she stood up.
“Really about time where are we going?” she asked excitedly.
“The whole team is going, and our job is to protect a bridge builder,” Kumiko sighed at what her father told her.
“Do I have to travel with you? Can’t I just come when you need me?” she begged and Kakashi looked confused.
“Why how would you get there?” he asked.
“I have been practicing my shadow jitzus,” she said proud and did a hand sign. Kumiko vanished and stepped out of Kakashi’s shadow.
“I see, well I guess you could but it’s not going to improve your social status with your teammates.” He scolded and she smiled.
“Thank you daddy.” She laughed and hugged him. “It doesn’t matter the hate me anyway, So what is our mission?”
“Well we have to protect a bridge builder, you will see when you come,” he said as Kumiko got her shoes and waved bye to Yoshi.
“I think he is under acoma by Nicko,” Kumiko concluded walking out.
“Well maybe he is taking long to recover?” Kakashi tried to cheer her up but Kumiko shook her head no.
“Nicko is a master at making people unconscious by his water jitzu, he is probably suffering really bad though,” she smirked. “He refused to take my advice.”

----Nicko----

Nicko lay in bed holding his head and sweating like crazy. Nori walked in and handed him a glass of brown water. “what were you thinking? You can’t fully use that jitzu yet.” Nori scolded.
“I know but I needed to make him shut up, He was going to kill me!” Nicko complaned and Nori shook his injured head.
“I never expected them to be that strong, Kumiko almost killed you, that means you have to train to beat her,” Nori ordered and Nicko looked confused.
“Are you insane that girl has Gaara, he would kill me in ten seconds flat,” Nicko said sitting up. “If your lucky you could last five minutes with that psycho.”
“He doesn’t know she was hurt,” Nori said happily.
“No he probably found out, he’s always near her, Gaara hated me.” Nicko said lying back down.
“We have to get better before the mission can be carried out.” Nori yawned and walked away.

----Kumiko----

Kumiko sat on her roof looking out over the village when something inside her felt wrong. She stood and completed her shadow Jitzu flawlessly. Darkness surrounded her as she flew thought the shadows. “Dad why can’t I find your shadow?” she asked nervous and found another familiar one. She stepped out of none other than to Kumiko’s surprise Sasuke’s shadow.
“Kumiko! Where did you come from?” Naruto asked surprised.
“That’s not important,” she answered and saw a huge ninja holding her father captive in a water prison. What shocked her most was his right eye was uncovered and revealed the Sharingan.
“Well who is this ninja?” the man asked with interest. He had spiky brown hair and wore bandage wrap around his mouth and chin. He only had on camouflage arm and leg warmers and striped light blue pants.
“None of your business!” Naruto yelled standing infront of Kumiko. “You should be over with Sakura.” Kumiko looked at this ninja more closely and saw his sword and headband.
“The Village Hidden in the Mist!” Kumiko gasped and Kakashi looked over.
“Well looks like you are smarter then these ninja here,” the man laughed and Kakashi looked at Kumiko.
“GO take the bridge builder to safety, complete your mission.” Kakashi ordered the others as Kumiko got into a fighting stance.
“But we can’t do that you are trapped,” Sakura said nervously.
“Kumiko is here she can distract him, your job is to complete your mission not protect me! His clone can’t go far this is the perfect time! GO!” Kakashi ordered.
“But we have no idea what Kumiko can do!” Sasuke complained and Kumiko rolled her eyes as she pulled her chopstick from her hair.
“A chopstick I must have over estimated you kid, you are just as bad as them,” the ninja laughed and she transformed the staff.
“Then I over estimated your abilities of prediction,” she said calmly but full of anger. He looked at her shocked and created a clone with water. “Wow water clone jitzu,” she smiled.
“I’ve had enough of you kid,” the clone growled and ran towards her. She ran head on to the clone and there was a clash of swords.
“Where did she get that?” Sakura asked shocked Kumiko was still standing.
“A Balde?” the ninja asked confused. Kumiko broke away and threw her blade at the ninja but he blocked and it landed into a tree.
“What was the point of that?” Sasuke asked angrily. Kumiko waited for the ninja to come and he did but she got low to the ground and swept his legs out from under him.
“Who is this kid?” a man behind Sakura asked confused. Kumiko jumped on his chest and jumped to grab her sword when her leg was grabbed.
“Bye kid,” the ninja laughed and threw Kumiko into the water.
“KUMIKO!” Naruto yelled watching as the ninja threw his sword staring at her. She closed her eyes and felt solid ground under her feet. She opened her eyes just in time to see the clone turn into water.
“How did you do that?” the ninja asked and glared a Kumiko. She was exhausted still not recovered from her wounds. “You are like a wanabe, Spiral Ninja.”
“Spiral Ninja?” Naruto asked confused.
“Yes Spiral ninja,” the ninja answered. “This is supposedly a powerful ninja with great jitzu skill but you are a mere child, who is out of energy, not the Spiral Ninja.”
“Yes but I know who you are, the demon.” Kumiko answered. “From the village blood village.”
“Names Zabuza and I will be you killer,” he laughed and created another clone. Kumiko stood.
“Kumiko,” Naruto grabbed Kumiko and ran her back to the others,
“Complete your mission I will help Kakashi,” she argued and stood up. She charged at the real Zabuza and punched him pretty good in the stomach. Only making him spit up a little blood, and was disappointed that she couldn’t do more. Zabuza picked her up by her neck and smirked.
“Well your first mission and you get to die,” he chuckled.
“I’m not going to die by your hand,” she spat and he head butted her and threw her into he water.
Kumiko started to sink to the bottom “Have to get up or I will drown” she told herself and opened her eyes. She swam to the surface just in time to hear Sasuke.
“Demon wind Shuriken, Shuriken of Shadows,” Sasuke called jumping in the air and throwing it at Zabuza. The shuriken passed the clone and headed for the real Zabuza.
“A Shuriken Can’t touch me,” Zabuza boasted catching the shuriken.
“No he caught the Shuriken,” Sakura cried and Kumiko looked over. A shadow followed the shuriken.
“What a second Shuriken?” Zabuza asked confused. He quickly jumped over the shadow shuriken. “Told you a shuriken couldn’t hit me.” Zabuza boasted.
“Dodge this,” Naruto’s voice laughed. Out of the shuriken popped Naruto himself, and he threw a knife at Zabuza.
“How did h-“ but before Zabuza was able to finish he dropped the water prison and dodged Naruto’s knife.
“Kakashi,” Kumiko smiled, “Nice work Naruto,” Kumiko congratulated. Naruto swam over to get Kumiko.
“Yes nice work,” Kakashi complemented. Kakashi and Zabuza fought eachother while Kumiko and Naruto fought the current of the water.
“Naruto we have to get out of this,” Kumiko said trying to swim to shore. Naruto was right next to her but she saw Kakashi’s hand isgns.
“Water Style Vortex,” Kakashi called and the water turned into a vortex shooting Zabuza into the forest onto a tree. Kumiko grabbed Narutos arm and threw him onto shore. She was drug into the vortex and completed the hand signs she saw Zabuza complete before.
“Water Style Water Dragon,” she said in the water. A dragon rose her up into the air so she could breath and took her over to where Zabuza was pinned to a tree with four of Kakashi’s knifes one in each arm and leg.
“How did you just create a water dragon?” Zabuza asked as Kumiko stepped off of the dragon. She patted its head and it went back to the water, Kakashi was sitting in the tree and was about to kill Zabuza when two needles hit Zabuza in the neck.
“What?” Naruto asked confused. Kakashi checked Zabuza’s pulse. Kumiko turned because she felt someone watching her, but when she looked all she saw was a tree. Then infront of her she saw a kid wearing a mask with the symbol of the village in the mist. He wore ripped cloths and looked down at Zabuza.
“Tracker Ninja!” Kumiko blurted and the boy nodded.
“Thank you for killing Zabuza, I have been tracking him for weeks,” the boy answered in a girl’s voice. He appeared next to Zabuza and picked up the body. Kumiko studies how the boy just threw Zabuza over his shoulder and left.
“How did that happen?” Naruto asked and he punched the ground. “How is he stronger than us?”
“Naruto we are ninja things we encounter on our mission will be unbelievable.” Kakashi said grabbing Naruto’s fist.
“I won’t belive it,” Naruto growled.
“Whether you accept it or not it happened and you can’t change it.” Kakashi explained. Kumiko went over to where the body was taken and studied the soil.
“We should complete our mission now,” Kakashi said cheery and recovered his Sharingan. He took one step and fell over.
“KAKASHI!” Kumiko cried running over to her father.
“Kakashi Sensei!” Sakura and Naruto cried.
“What’s wrong with him?” Naruto demanded. Kumiko stood with Kakashi’s limp body over her shoulder.
“It’s the Sharingan,” she camly sighed. “WE should get you home.” Kumiko said and the bridge builder led the way
Chapter 7 First Chakra Lesson by naomi_sama
----Kumiko---

“So how do you know about the Sharingan?” Sasuke asked curious as Kumiko carried Kakashi all by herself.
“I asked,” she said simply.
They arrived at the village and the bridge builder took them to his house. His daughter was kind enough to make a bed for Kakashi. Kumiko laid him down and put a wet rag on his head. She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. Nobody was in the room expect her and the bridge builder.
“What’s your name kid?” the bridge builder asked handing her a glass of water.
“Thank you,” she answered taking a sip. “I’m Kumiko.”
“Was there a reason you were late Kumiko?” he asked sitting down.
“I asked to try something and as you noticed it worked.” She smiled.
“By the way I’m Tazuna,” the bridge builder said sticking out his hand. Kumiko shook it and continued to think of the tracker ninja something wasn’t right.
“I’m going to check on him,” Kumiko said and walked out of the room. She saw Kakashi was up and kneeled down next to him.
“What is bothering you Kumiko?” Kakashi asked seeing his daughter’s serious look.
“That tracker ninja, he should have worked on the body there in front of us, not take it away.” She said confused.
“I noticed the same and since I’m still weak from the Sharingan that means Zabuza is still alive,” Kakashi stated and Kumiko heard the others run into the room.
“Kakashi Sensei you are awake,” Sakura cried and Kumiko rolled her eyes. ”She is such a ditz”
“I need to train you because Zabuza isn’t dead,” Kakashi sat up and Kumiko helped him.
“But Sensei you are injured how are you going to do that?” Sakura protested. Kakashi lead his students into the forest with crutches supporting him.
“Climb these trees,” he pointed and Kumiko looked at him confused. “It’s Chakra focus,” Kakashi explained.
“So putting the Chakra to our feet?” Kumiko asked and Kakashi nodded.
“No what we need to learn are Juts!” Naruto protested.
“No Chakra is important,” Kumiko pointed out and Sakura gave a ten-minute speech on Chakra control.
“Very good Sakura, now watch,” he ordered and focused the Chakra to his feet. He walked up the tree calmly and the three gasped excited as Kumiko leaned against another tree bored.
“Kumiko since you are not paying attention why don’t you go first?” Sasuke offered. Kumiko glared at Sasuke with hatred of how he treated everyone including her.
“Fine Sasuke if you are so sure why don’t you race me?” Kumiko challenged and Sakura glared at her.
“I’m in,” Sakura called.
“Me too,” Naruto blurted finding a tree.
“All right no ruff housing,” Kakashi called. “Oh here use these knifes to mark your place,” he chuckled throwing three knifes. Kumiko pulled one out of her weapons pouch and looked at him.
“What should I do?” Kumiko mouthed confused.
“Well for being all talk you are all just standing there,” Kakashi laughed. “Go.”
Kumiko focused her Chakra while Sasuke and Naruto ran up the trees. Sakura did the same a Kumiko but ran up the tree instead of walking. Kumiko walked up the tree and watched as Sakura won. When she reached the top she got a glare from Sasuke and a congratulations from Naruto.
“Good job Sakura,” Kumiko congratulated trying to be nice. ”She’s not so bad but who knows I never worked with another girl teammate before. Kumiko thought. She hated all girls like Sakura because of how obsessive over boys they were.
“Thanks,” Sakura returned and got a glare from Sasuke as well.
“Well boys looks like Sakura is going to be the next Hokage brains and great Chakra control,” Kakashi complemented.
“What about Kumiko she made it too,” Sakura asked.
“She has done it before I’m not impressed just thought she would have beat you,” Kakashi chuckled.
“Lets see if I make you breakfast again!” Kumiko said under her breath.
“Fine Fine, Kumiko you can leave, Sakura do what you want. Naruto I expected more from the one who wants to be Hokage, and Sasuke the Uchiha clan isn’t as strong as I thought.” Kakashi criticized. Kumiko walked over to Kakashi and she gave him her knife.
“I am not a show off,” she answered calmly jumping out of the tree. “I’m going to train by the beach,” she calmly said and walked away.
“Be back in an hour, you have to take the bridge builder to work.” Kakashi informed. Kumiko walked away and passed Naruto.
“Good luck,” she smiled and Naruto smirked.
“I’ll make it Believe it!” Naruto confidently laughed.
Kumiko stood at the beach and looked out at the ocean. She picked up some sand and let it run through her fingers. “Gaara why didn’t I win against Zabuza?” she asked the air watching the sand fly away. She plopped down and starred at the ground watching the sand. Pulling a bottle she brought with her everywhere she put it up to the sun.

---Flashback---

“Gaara what are you doing?” Kumiko asked with a smile.
“Taking you to my favorite place in the world,” Gaara said with a smirk. He covered her eyes and she crossed her arms.
“Where are we going?” Kumiko asked.
“You can look now,” Gaara said moving his hands. Kumiko starred shocked as a white sandy beach lay in front of her.
“Gaara it’s beautiful,” Kumiko gasped. The water was turquoise and the sky was blue with few clouds.
“Glad you like it,” Gaara said and was about to walk away.
“Where are you going?” Kumiko demanded.
“Home,” he answered annoyed.
“No we are going swimming,” Kumiko answered. “Race you!” she challenged.
“I will beat you,” Gaara added.

----End Flashback------

“You have no idea how much fun we had,” Kumiko smiled looking at the sand. She thought she saw Gaara’s face but it was just her imagination. “When it’s a full moon we will see each other and everything will be the way it should,” she spoke calmly. She only was lying in the sand starring at it for a few minutes before she heard Sakura’s voice. Quickly turning she saw Sakura starring shocked.
“Kumiko? That was beautiful,” Sakura said kneeling down to where she was sitting.
“You heard that?” Kumiko asked shocked, “how long were you there?”
“I came and heard you say that line, did someone tell you that?” she asked and Kumiko looked at her.
“Yes actually they did,” Kumiko answered.
“They must have given you the sand then too,” she assumed and Kumiko nodded.
“WE should be taking the bridge builder to his bridge,” Kumiko said standing and focusing her Chakra. She made the sand fall off her body and walked away.
They walked in silence except with Sakura arguing with herself. “Kumiko I have a question?” Sakura finally said. Kumiko looked at her waiting for the question. “Do you like Sasuke?” she asked nervous.
“No,” Kumiko answered simply.
“Ok good,” Sakura sighed, then it hit her. “What do you mean No?”
“He is a good ninja but he treats his partners like dirt, I do not like him as in crush if that is what you are asking,” she simply answered and Sakura looked shocked. “Tazuna let’s get you to your bridge,” Kumiko said as the bridge builder walked out and lead the way.

-----Zabuza-----

“Haku did you see that girls eyes?” Zabuza asked the masked ninja.
“What the girl that did the water dragon?” the boy asked confused.
“No the one crying in the corner, yes her,” Zabuza yelled angrily. “And take that stupid mask off.”
“But It has so many memories,” Haku answered taking the mask off. “Her eyes were rather surprising, and it amazed me how she created the jutzu in only seeing you complete it.”
“It was a spiral, that means I was right and underestimated her,” Zabuza complained.
“She wasn’t the one who killed you I was remember,” Haku chuckled. “Though I heard the stories from Gato that the spiral ninja was in an accident with a demon.”
“So that is why she was so weak,” Zabuza chuckled. “Then when we see her again we kill her after the yellow haired kid.”

----Kumiko-----

As Kumiko and Sakura took the bridge builder to work Sakura seemed to be nicer to Kumiko and in return Kumiko wasn’t as cold to her. When they arrived on the bridge Sakura took a seat watching everyone work while Kumiko asked how to build.
“You are unlike the other girl,” Tazuna said as Kumiko hammered.
“I am not like any of them,” she smiled, “I saw your village and how poor it looks, so the bridge will make things better.”
“Is it part of being a ninja to be nice?” Tazuna asked working.
“No but somebody has to do it,” she answered. The bridge builder let Kumiko have an early break and she sat down next to Sakura. “Why don’t you help?”
“Huh?” Sakura asked as if she was in a daydream.
“Never mind,” Kumiko sighed closing her eyes. Sakura looked down and saw how red Kumiko’s cheeks were.
“Are you sick?” Sakura asked and Kumiko looked up.
“I don’t think so,” Kumiko said trying to look normal
“Let me feel your forehead,” Sakura protested.
“I’m fine, Sakura, It’s probably the heat,” Kumiko tried to explain but Sakura still looked at her confused.
“She looks sick, why does she continued to work?” Sakura thought as Kumiko smiled.
The bridge builder took the girls to his village to get some things for dinner when Kumiko saw someone look at Sakura’s purse. He went to grab it and Sakura dropkicked him.
“Pervert!” she yelled and making Kumiko jumped and almost fall over.
“Sakura he wanted your purse,” Kumiko explained.
“Oh,” she said a little relived. “Did you see what he was looking at?”
“Yes,” she answered simply. That was the last she spoke until they reached the bridge builders house. Tazuna’s daughter was kind enough to make dinner for everyone, which tasted great. Naruto and Sasuke were having an eating competition making everyone look at them horrified. Kumiko was next to Kakashi and looked with pure discust.
“I have to build Chakra strength,” Sasuke said with a mouthful.
“And I have to eat more then him,” Naruto mumbled. The two of them threw up and Kumiko looked away disgusted.
“Throwing up isn’t going to help,” Kakashi stated.
"It is just as bad as not eating at all,” Kumiko mumbled.
“Aren’t you hungry Kumiko?” Kakashi asked and Kumiko shook her head no.
“Is something wrong Kumiko?” Naruto asked shoving food in hid mouth.
“May I be excused?” Kumiko asked and Kakashi let her leave.
“Where are you going?” Sakura asked.
“Outside” she answered walking outside and climbed the nearest tree.

-----Kakashi----

“What’s wrong with her?” Naruto asked worried.
“Who cares?” Sasuke asked annoyed.
“You should she’s your teammate,” Kakashi answered angry at Sasuke’s remark.
“But she treats us like we are lower then her,” Sasuke growled.
“How did you treat her when you first met her?” Kakashi asked cocking an eyebrow
“She doesn’t treat Naruto the same,” Sakura stated.
“Naruto doesn’t glare at her every time she completes something.” Kakashi plainly said. “And didn’t throw a dagger at her the first time they met or offended her by saying she wasn’t real.”
“I think she has to stop being a brat and be part of our team,” Sasuke mumbled.
“Did you see how she hit Zabuza?” Naruto asked.
“She never says where she is going,” Sakura crossed her arms.
“I think she is a very polite kid and I find nothing wrong with her,” Tazuna said shaking his head.
“She is very wise for her age and if you respect her she will respect you, simple, that is how a ninja should be treated by their teammates,” Kakashi smiled “I’m surprised Naruto did this already,” and Naruto smirked.
“Beat you Sasuke.” Naruto laughed. “She is a great ninja believe it,” Naruto chuckled.
“Yes but where does she go?” Sakura asked again confused.
“Where ever she wants, you could do the same if you asked, but today not to far she’s injured,” Kakashi said with a hint of happiness. They all looked at him shocked. “Did I say that?”
“What do you mean she’s injured?” the bridge builder asked. “I took her to work with me?”
“Is she going to die?” Naruto asked worried.
“How does she fight like that then?” Sakura asked.
“She was only injured in a recent fight and Zabuza made it worse,” Kakashi explained.
“Her body is going to give out if she doesn’t heal,” Sakura gasped.
“I know that’s what I’m hoping for,” Kakashi chuckled.
“Why would you hope for that?” Tazuna asked confused.
“She needs to sleep,” he chuckled. “Try telling a thirteen year old ninja they need sleep.” He looked over at his three students. “You will soon see what I’m talking about.”
Chapter 8 Respect Earned is Respect Given by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Find out what it means to me!
Fixed it!
----Kumiko-----

“Why do I feel so bad? Is it because Zabuza is alive still, no it can’t be that. I never suffered like this before, did I?” she asked herself and felt her forehead. “I’m practically burning up.” She sat in the tree and watched as Kakashi walked out.
“Go to bed,” he called.
“I can’t” she answered, “I have to keep watch.”
“Young Lady you need sleep go to bed,” he ordered in a fatherly voice. Kumiko looked down at him. “Now,” he pointed to the house.
“But-“ she argued and jumped out of the tree falling over onto her face. Everyone one inside were looking out the window with shocked looks on their faces.
“That’s what I was hoping for,” Kakashi chuckled as everyone watched. “But I didn’t expect her to harm herself more.” He picked Kumiko up and took her upstairs to the room she was sharing with Sakura. When he came back down stairs everyone looked confused.
“Why did she fall over?” Naruto asked dumbfounded.
“She needs sleep, I thought we covered that?” Kakashi educated.

----Sakura-----

“I’m going to bed,” Sasuke said and Sakura followed him upstairs.
“Night Sasuke,” she said and he slammed the door on her face. She walked to her room and saw Kumiko sleeping in bed with a rag over her eyes. “Rag over her eyes? Why did Kakashi do that? ” Sakura thought climbing into her bed. She heard Kumiko say things.
“Wonder who Yoshi is?” Sakura asked herself.
“He is a friend,” Kumiko answered making Sakura jump out of bed.
“What you’re awake?” Sakura asked.
“Yes,” she answered with the rag still on her eyes.
“Why? Go to bed, Kakashi said you needed sleep,” Sakura said climbing back in bed. “You will get really sick if you don’t sleep.”
“I know,” Kumiko sighed.
“Why do you always say that? You know this you know that? Do you really or is this new to you?” Sakura asked confused.
“I can’t really explain that,” Kumiko yawned.
“Maybe another time?” Sakura said and Kumiko smiled.
“Another time,” she added. “Hey Sakura, I really appreciate how you didn’t push to know.”
“Your welcome,” Sakura stumbled, “Night Kumiko,”
“Night Sakura,” Kumiko fell asleep.
“I wonder if I gained her respect yet?” Sakura asked herself happy.
The sun was shinning in the window Sakura was yawning and a figure was still under the covers in Kumiko’s bed. “Kumiko wake up time for breakfast,” Sakura called shaking the covers when they felt like feathers. “What the?” Sakura asked pulling the blanket off to find blankets stacked to look like a body. “KUMIKO! Kakashi Sensei!”
“What is the problem Sakura?” Kakashi asked as Sakura ran into the kitchen.
“Where is Kumiko?” she asked worried then glanced at the table, “And Naruto?” she asked and a gross thought came through her head. “they are out together ahhh” she thought.
“Naruto is probably dead in the woods, he is such a loser,” Sasuke stated.
“Kumiko is sleeping,” Kakashi pointed to the window.
“Where in a tree?” Sasuke asked sarcastically.
“Actually yes,” Kakashi added making everyone look at the figure in the tree.
“You let her sleep outside she could get a cold!” Tsunami yelled. She was the bridge builder’s daughter who owned the house and was kind enough to let the ninja stay.
“She has a blanket,” Kakashi pointed once again. This time he noticed Kumiko was stretching and walking down the tree.
“She has great chakra control to do that without falling,” Sakura gasped.
“You have no idea.” Kakashi sighed. Kumiko walked into the kitchen and straight to Kakashi.
“Here,” she whispered handing him the now folded blanket. “You look worried what’s wrong?”
“You Still look sick,” Kakashi whispered feeling Kumiko’s forehead. “Take it easy today ok.”
“Yes Daddy, I won’t train today,” she answered in a whisper. “Too Hard.”
“Good now eat,” Kakashi said loud enough for everyone to hear. They were all trying to listen to the conversation but before they heard anything it was over.
“So Kumiko how was your…ah sleep?” Sakura asked confused on how to put the words.
“Good,” Kumiko simply answered.
“I’m not surprised that you are awake the trees usually are great places to take naps because of the oxygen supply,” Kakashi said making everyone look at him.
“Is that why most ninja at home sleep under trees?” Sakura asked. Kakashi nodded and Kumiko stood up. “Where are you going?” Sakura asked.
“Outside,” Kumiko simply answered walking out of the house.
“I’m going for a walk,” Sasuke interrupted standing. He quickly walked out the door making everyone look confused.
“Didn’t they want to eat?” Sakura asked but looked down at their completely empty plates. “Well that was fast!”

----Kumiko----

Kumiko jumped from tree branch to tree branch looking for Naruto. It worried her that he never returned last night and he missed breakfast. Looking down, from the tree that had a bunch of marks on it, Kumiko saw Naruto he was talking to what looked like a girl.
“Really Sis?” Naruto asked shocked.
“Sis, wait that’s a boy,” Kumiko blinked almost falling out of her tree. ”What is so familiar about that boy?”
“You get stronger when you’re protecting someone important,” the boy said in a high-pitched voice.
“Ya like when Kakashi was in trouble Kumiko charged in right away knowing she might die, and Kakashi protecting us with his life or When Ikura was in trouble-“ Naruto stopped and looked at the boy. “How do you know this?”
“I just do, I have to go now,” the boy sighed standing.
“Will I see you again?” Naruto asked blushing.
“Maybe,” the boy answered walking away, “Oh and by the way, I’m a boy.”
“I knew it!” Kumiko gasped out loud. The boy looked up but she was gone.
“A boy? But he was prettier then Sakura!” Naruto whined whipping his tongue.
“Calm down you loser,” Sasuke growled walking up to Naruto and punching him in the head.
“Now Sasuke was that necessary?” Kumiko asked jumping next to Naruto. “Here Naruto I brought you breakfast.”
“What?” Sasuke asked shocked. “why is she helping him? Has he really gained respect?” Sasuke thought annoyed.
“Huh?” Naruto asked confused. Kumiko pulled the food out of her pocket making Naruto stare shocked.
“You missed breakfast so I thought you would need something to gain Chakra strength.” Kumiko explained as Naruto ate happily.
“Thanks Kumiko!” he chewed the food. “Wait this is your food isn’t it?” Naruto asked.
“It’s ok Naruto eat you need more then me,” she weakly smiled. “Kakashi said I wasn’t allowed to train today so it’s ok really.”
“Kumiko you are the best,” Naruto laughed eating the rest of the food.
“If you say so, hope you make it to the top soon,” she smiled and was about to walk away when Sasuke stopped her.
“Can…. Can I…ask you a question?” he mumbled and she smirked.
“What?” she asked and he looked over his shoulder.
“I need to know how did you make it to the top without running? Is it easer to walk?” he asked and she shook her head yes. “How?”
“Simple better Chakra control for what ever you are climbing, you should run it because you have not mastered Basic Chakra control but if you wish to become stronger don’t forget,” she explained but paused dead in her explanation losing all color in her face.
“Don’t forget what?” Sasuke demanded.
“Don’t forget anything that you are taught, Jutzu, Training, Chakra, remember all of it, because a ninja’s memory is there greatest strength. Ninja are weak without it.” Kumiko choked on the last words but Sasuke showed no signs of noticing.
“Thanks,” he mumbled and she nodded.
“You are welcome,” she weakly smiled walking away. ”If it is true ninja with great memory and Jutzu are strong am I weak? Weaker then Zabuza?” she questioned in her head walking back to the ocean.
Kumiko reached the house where Tazuna lived and was turning the corner when she almost hit a little boy. She quickly jumped over him making him gasp and her almost fall in the water.
“How are you doing that?” the boy asked pointing at Kumiko’s feet.
“Hmm?” Kumiko asked looking down. “Oh this is called chakra control all ninja can do it to a certain degree, kind of like what Super Heroes do.”
“I don’t believe in super heroes, you and the others are training really hard for nothing Gato’s men are too strong, and you are all so weak that failure will happen.” The boy sniffled. He had brown hair under his bucket hat and green suspenders but was only around eight.
Kumiko’s eyes went to slits of anger as she spoke in a serious tone she only used when she was angry. “I understand if you don’t believe in super heroes but insulting my friends is the lowest thing you can do. I know ninja who have lost their lives doing what cannot even be dreamt of, some of it I have done and seen lives lost! Being a ninja is harder than imagined and all the work they have given shows they are not weak. Sakura is the smartest girl I know, Sasuke is the toughest fighter and Naruto is the most determined to be know, insulting any of that makes you lower dirt!”
“It’s all lies,” the boy cried tears running down his face.
“If it’s lies then what it this?” Kumiko growled pulling her headband off her head. “This is the sign of a ninja, I may not be the strongest but I am a ninja and anyone who wears one like this is, do not insult the ninja name again in my presence.” Kumiko stormed away back into the forest.
“I think you got her mad?” Kakashi said from the window. He clicked the tape recorder in his hand and smiled, “She probably has no idea what she just said but Sauske, Sakura and Naruto better hear it.”
Chapter 9 Setting goals by naomi_sama
----Sakura----

Sakura was walking thought the forest on her way to find none other then Sasuke when she heard mumbles and falling trees. Curiosity getting the best of her and making her forget about Sasuke, Sakura follwed the noises.
“The way of the ninja is tuff,” a voice called. “If you are not willing to work you are not a ninja”
”that sounds like Kumiko,” Sakura thought walking.
“Ninja are strong as long as they have jutzu,” the voice growled. “What a lie!” it argued, “Ninja are skilled in what they know and how fast they can get out of a problem!” the voice yelled. Sakura parted the bushes she was in and saw cloths neatly pilled on a rock with a long silver strap and a bunch of weapons. Looking over the rocks there stood a girl in a pair of shorts and a tight shirt that had no sleeves. She had pale eyes, which if you looked at them close were blue green. But what shocked Sakura the most was the girl’s hair, long silver in a ponytail that fell to her but.
”wow she is beautiful,” Sakura gasped. ”I hope Sasuke doesn’t’ see her, look how long her hair is!” she cried in her head.
“If the jutzu are forgotten what is a ninja supposed to do? Sit on their ass and play like Genin?” the ninja girl questioned. “No the ninja will get stronger than before” the ninja girl smirked beating up the tree she seemed to be talking to.
”what is she talking about.” Sakura asked looking more confused.
“Fine,” the girl answered punching and kicking the tree that was pretty beat up. “That’s what I will do become stronger beat my opponents and become stronger then that bastard take revenge and go back to him.” The ninja smirked and Sakura looked at her arm. It had the same tattoo as Kakashi’s arm.
”Is she related to Kakashi?” Sakura whispered.
“Maybe, most likely but you will never know,” the girl chuckled.
“That was the oddest thing I have ever heard,” Sakura mumbled out loud. Quickly she covered her mouth when she noticed the ninja girl heard her.
“Well she has finally made herself known,” the ninja girl smirked. “It’s ok I will let you go this time, but it isn’t safe to spy on one,” the ninja said making Sakura gasp. The ninja disappeared in the shadows along with the cloths next to Sakura.
“Who was that ninja?” Sakura questioned out loud.

-----Kumiko----

“What was Sakura doing?” Kumiko asked jumping through the trees at a quick pace. “I should get changed before she catches me,” Kumiko growled pulling her shirt over her head. When she was jumping out of the tree she pulled on her pants and belt and lastly before she hit the ground her shirt. She jumped getting one shoe on then the other. If anyone had seen this they would have thought she was dancing how gracefully she put everything on.
“Kumiko is that you?” Naruto’s voice called from the treetops. Kumiko quickly wrapped her braid around her hand and tied it with the silver strap making it look like one ponytail.
“What is it Naruto?” Kumiko asked walking into the clearing. Naruto was so high that if he fell he would have died.
“Look how high I got! Thanks to your food,” Naruto smiled standing on the branch. “Look at the view you can see everything from here,” Naruto pointed. “Come on up Kumiko.”
“I’m coming,” Kumiko smiled running up the tree next to Naruto.
“See look,” Naruto waved his hands, “You can even see a house on the mountain if you go a little higher.”
“Really?” she asked questionably, ”A house that’s strange wouldn’t it be in the village?”
“Kumiko you’re falling,” Naruto gasped as Kumiko slipped off the tree. “What are you doing?”
“I’m going back to Tazuna’s maybe Kakashi would like to come see you guys,” Kumiko smiled landing on her feet.
“Ya ok go get Kakashi and Sakura,” Naruto smiled hands on his hips as Kumiko waved bye.

----Zabuza----

“Haku today you should go find where the Spiral ninja is hiding,” Zabuza said sitting up in his bed.
“Why today? Why not tomorrow?” Haku asked confused. “I was just out collecting herbs today she is on the defensive and looked ready to fight anyone.”
“Then tomorrow, I want a private fight between you and her. If you aren’t strong enough I will fight her instead of Kakashi” Zabuza laughed. “Watch her hands Haku, she delivers a hard punch,” Zabuza rubbed his stomach.
“I saw First impressions are very wrong, I expected her to just distract you not fight at all,” Haku smiled looking out the window. “It will be an interesting challenge.”

----Kumiko----

“Kakashi!” Kumiko called arriving at the bridge builder’s house. Kakashi walked out with Sakura at his side.
“This ninja was talking to herself,” Sakura said nervous.
”She has no idea it was me,” Kumiko let out a sigh of relief. ”But Dad knew I was training now!” she smacked herself in the head.
“Kumiko you looked as if you wanted something,” Kakashi said with a smile after Sakura was done talking.
“Naruto wanted you to go see him,” Kumiko smiled.
“Ok we were heading over there anyway, will you take Tazuna to work?” Kakashi asked cocking an eyebrow. “Oh and y the ocean,
“Yes,” Kumiko sighed, not really wanting to take the bridge builder to work, she wanted to train.
“Oh and since your in the mood to train, the ocean is a great place to practice wind jutzu,” Kakashi smiled leaving.
Kumiko took Tazuna to work thinking about wind jutzu, did she remember any or were they all forgotten. Then she remembered before Kakashi left he did a wind jutzu. “My Father was trying to test me that’s why he suggested it,” Kumiko said outloud making Tazauna look at her confused.
“Your father?” he asked and she smiled.
“I was just thinking out loud sorry,” Kumiko quickly covered up what she said. “Would you mind if I trained? Kakashi said the ocean is a great place to train.”
“Unless you see a piece of land it’s going to be difficult training on water isn’t it?” Tazuma asked hammering.
“If you know how,” Kumiko stated. “Just call if you need me,” she said diving off the bridge. Tazuna waited to hear a splash along with the other worker on the bridge but heard nothing.
“No splash?” one of the bridge builders asked confused. They all ran to the side to see what happen only to see Kumiko back flip across the oceans. “She is floating on the water!”
“I told you she was a special ninja.” Tazuna smiled making the men go back to work.
Kumiko stopped flipping and looked where she was, “This is good,” she smiled the bridge was close enough to run to if Tazuna needed her but far enough away if anything went wrong. She closed her eyes and thought of the hand signs her father showed her earlier. She preformed them but without her control a jutzu was said.
“Clear Skies Jutzu,” she said and all the clouds moved from the sky. The wind blew a strong breeze right past her making waves. She put her hands down and the wind ceased. “How did I do that? Did I know this Jutzu before?” she asked herself looking at her hands. “I think that’s enough practicing for today.” She nervously said walking back to the bridge.

----Kakashi----

“So how did that jutzu work?” Kakashi asked his daughter as she brought Tazuma home.
“It was called Clear Skies?” she questioned. “I don’t know that jutzu yet I could perform it,” Kumiko explained confused.
“That must be power of the Schalter Sie Ort, oh bye the way you know Sakura was talking about a girl ninja in the forest, know anything about it?” Kakashi asked crossing his arms.
“Yes I was training and complaining and if anyone was around I didn’t want them to hear, I am expecting a visit from the tracker ninja so I wanted to be prepared.” Kumiko said crossing her arms. “Besides it’s not like Sakura know I can change my hair color, and se hasn’t noticed my eyes are only purple when I’m fighting.”
“True but your hair is naturally a pale color, it just reflects what you are wearing, see blue headband blue tint.” Kakashi pointed to Kumiko’s headband. “Now that Jutzu I taught you will come in handy with fighting Zabuza to remove his Hidden Mist Jutzu.”
“Wait so you are saying if I randomize hand signs then I will be able to perform Jutzu I don’t know?” Kumiko asked really confused and excited.
“Possibly,” Kakashi thought rubbing his chin. “Let me see a few hand signs.”
“Of what?” Kumiko asked looking at her hands.
“Just pick something,” Kakashi moaned.
“Dad that is harder then it looks, I only know shadow transport and Bamboo blade.” She crossed her arms annoyed.
“I thought you knew more, you did water dragon and clear skies, so you know a total of four,” Kakashi counted on his fingers sarcastically.
“No I know the shadow replicate, I saw Naruto perform it, and I know the summon technique for some reason,” she mocked counting on her fingers showing six fingers.
“That is in your blood knowing that, as well as the tattoo Sakura saw on your arm.” Kumiko pulled up her sleeve to see her Hatake symbol. “There you go you are lucky your blood line helps you so much in battle or you would be weaker then an academy student.”
“That is untrue!” Kumiko yelled.
“No that is true,” Kakashi corrected.
“Who taught me hand-to-hand? Nobody I learned myself without any bloodline help, who taught me how to use the Bamboo Staff? Not any blood line I know.” Kumiko stood telling her father annoyed.
“So you hate your blood lines then?” Kakashi asked with a smile.
“Oww why do you do this!” Kumiko asked confused and sitting down on the floor. “I love both blood lines but I have more skill on my own then you credit me for.”
She put her head in her hands and shook her head.
“Kumiko?” Kakashi asked worried. “I didn’t mean o upset you, I was just trying to know what you knew.”
“Really?” she mumbled.
“Like I would ever expect less from you,” Kakashi kneeled next to her and lifted her chin. “You are my daughter I’m proud of you no matter what.”
“You are a really strange father you know that,” Kumiko whispered hugging him.
“I know how do you think I treat the others?” he laughed making Kumiko feel better. She stood helping her father up and handing him his crutch. The whole conversation was in the kitchen and only Inari was listening. “You do realize we were being spied on right.”
“Yes, I heard him come as soon as I started talking,” Kumiko rolled her eyes.
Chapter 10 Ice and Mist by naomi_sama
----Kakashi----

“Today we are all except Naruto and Kumiko taking the bridge builder to his bridge,” Kakashi said standing without a crutch.
“Why is Kumiko still sick?” Sakura asked worried.
“No she is already at the bridge,” Kakashi pointed and Sasuke glared at Kakashi.
”Why does she get treated special?” Sasuke thought walking.
“Well Sasuke she asked to leave, maybe if you asked more often the assumed you would have special treatment too.” Kakashi smirked looking down.
“Hn,” Sasuke answered crossing his arms.

----Kumiko----

Kumiko waited on the bridge when she heard the water move and a mist come in. “Hidden Mist Jutzu!” she gasped getting into a fighting stance.
“Well look if it isn’t the Spiral Ninja herself,” Zabuza’s voice echoed through the mist. “Looks like we will have a private fight after all.”
“Private fight?” Kumiko asked looking around. “Why would you want to fight me privately?” she was about to perform hand signs when Zabuza appeared next to her. “Water Clone,” Kumiko shook her head cutting it with a knife. “Do you want to fight me with clones or yourself Zabuza?”
“No I’m not fighting you,” Zabuza’s voice said. Kumiko did the hands signs for Clear skies and the wind blew away the mist. Zabuza stood with his sword next to the tracker ninja from before. “He is.”
“What?” Kumiko asked shocked.
“Why do you look so surprised?” the boy asked.
“I was expecting to fight Zabuza himself so he could get me back for that punch.” Kumiko smirked looking at the boy.
“No you fight Haku, I need to see what your strength is,” Zabuza smirked.
“Fine,” Kumiko answered, “Make your move.” The boy ran towards her with needles in his hand, she pulled the chopstick from her hair. The two sticks clashed sounding like swords. They blocked each other attacks until the boy let his guard down and was kicked in the stomach. He flew back towards Zabuza and Kumiko stood upright.
“Looks like she’s mine Haku,” Zabuza growled picking up his sword.
“Watch her eyes,” Haku said stepping back, “They look like they are predicting every move.”
“They can’t they are unlike Kakashi’s Sharangan,” Zabuza stated, “Hn, but I’m not taking any chances!” He yelled running straight towards Kumiko.
”His sword is the biggest problem, if he fights fair,” Kumiko though waiting for Zabuza to hit her. ”I’m not using the Bamboo Blade he knows I have that, it would be a sword fight and I can’t win that!” she screamed in her head.
“Catch!” Zabuza yelled swinging his sword at Kumiko’s head. Quickly ducking the attack but Zabuza kicked her in the stomach. “That’s for my Stomach,” he chuckled.
Pain rushed through her stomach, his foot hit so hard she skidded across the bridge.
“You were waiting for that weren’t you,” she asked falling off the bridge into the water. Still clutching her stomach Kumiko climbed on the water and stood. Haku appeared first followed by Zabuza.
“I was waiting for that hit since you first hit me,” Zabuza chuckled. “This is my advantage now,” he did a hand sign making Kumiko perform a different one. “Water Style Whirl Pool,” he laughed, “dodge this one.”
“Water Dragon Jutzu!” Kumiko called summoning for the second time a dragon of water. The dragon headed straight towards the whirlpools center destroying it along with itself.
“What!” Zabuza gasped. “My whirlpool!”
“I expected the water vortex but it didn’t matter.” Kumiko said and ran past Zabuza he quickly turned to get a fist in his face knocking him down. “Damn it,” she growled. She had her back to the bridge facing Zabuza.
“What are you more skilled in Taijutzu since your accident?” Haku asked crossing his arms.
“What?” Kumiko asked with her full attention on Haku.
“We have heard about your accident, where you supposedly lost all of your fighting skills.” Haku explained what he knew. Kumiko was shaking nervously, how did they know so much about her was she really that known of a ninja?
“I’m not answering that,” Kumiko yelled stepping back. Zabuza charged at her making her step even futher back then she wanted towards the bridge. He waved his sword again and Kumiko’s natural instincts to jump back made her hit a column of the bridge.
“Got you!” Zabuza laughed swinging his sword. His sword had a semi-circle cut into the blade and a hole in the back. “Now you didn’t see this coming did you?” Zabuza asked looking at Kumiko with a smirk under his wrapped face. The sword was pinning her to the column by her neck. Haku threw two needles into Kumiko’s arms before she could move them to perform a jutzu.
“Damn it!” Kumiko cringed in pain. ”how did I fall for this?”
“Not All you’re expected to be without your hands,” Haku laughed twirling needles in his hands.
“So what’s your move?” Zabuza asked, “moving your hands isn’t an option, move your feet and you will hang yourself, pick the quickest way to die.”
”As much As I hate to Admit it Zabuza is right, I can’t move,” Kumiko thought as Zabuza and Haku laughed at her. ”I can’t let them laugh at me,” she struggled with her arms. “Ahh,” she cried.
“You may be a famous ninja but your not very smart,” Haku plainly said starring at Kumiko through his mask.
“For being a boy you were an awful lot of pink,” Kumiko smirked and Haku gasped.
“You were keeping watch the entire time I was there, like an eagle making sure that no harm was brought to the blonde boy,” Haku spoke in an angry tone. “You knew I was a boy then why didn’t you act?”
“I didn’t want to stray him from training to get stronger, he is going to fulfill his dream,” Kumiko spoke ripping her arms off the column. The two gasped as she pulled on the sword. “Naruto was my first Kohona friend, you weren’t interrupting him!” As she pulled on the sword the blade cut both palms of her hand staining the sword with blood.
“Stop I want you to be alive when Kakashi arrives so I can kill you in front of him!” Zabuza yelled ready to throw a punch at Kumiko.
“What!” Haku yelled shocked. “How did she do that?” he gasped as Kumiko switched places with Zabuza and punched him in the chin instead of him punching her.
“For knowing a lot about who I you know nothing about why spiral ninja is my name.” Kumiko growled looking at Haku.
“Your eyes! They are-“ the boy started.
“Scary.” She smirked kicking Haku in the face. He skidded next to Zabuza quickly getting up and freeing Zabuza from his own sword. Kumiko felt her neck because it was cold to find it was covered in blood just like her hands. “Wouldn’t you two like to finish the fight back on the bridge?” Kumiko asked performing a water jutzu.
“Water Style Rising how do you know that?” Zabuza asked as he was thrown on the bridge. “I never performed that jutzu! How do you know it?” he asked as she jumped landing on the bridge.
Kumiko chuckled shaking her head when pain shot straight to her head. She kneeled down on the bridge holding her head as it pulsated. An Image of Nicko with an evil smirk appeared laughing evilly. “Get out of my head!” Kumiko yelled confused. She pulled up her fist and punched herself making the image disappear with Nicko holding his heart.
“Now Haku!” Zabuza ordered. Haku threw a needle at Kumiko’s neck but she caught the needle.
“How is she still able to move? She punched herself almost to unconsciousness!” Haku asked getting more needles.
“Hn,” Kumiko stood. “I have more Chakra then you know,” she smirked. ”Just by my bluff until the others get here,” Kumiko begged in her head crossing her bleeding arms. Since she only wore hand gloves and a T-shirt the blood was noticeable and could be seen dripping onto the bridge.
“How is it your ability to gain more Chakra every time you hit us?” Zabuza questioned with a smirk. “That’s impossible, you can barley stand. So I’ll just end your life now!” he laughed running towards her with his sword
“Damn it!” Kumiko mumbled dodging his sword by ducking
“You can still dodge a sword but not a fist,” Haku laughed as he came up and punched her in the chin sending her flying backwards.

----Sasuke----

“Do you hear that?” Kakashi asked looking around. Sasuke listened and heard the sound of a blade being swung.
“It’s a sword,” Sasuke answered running, “Zabuza’s sword!”
“Sasuke!” Sakura called following him and Kakashi. Tazuna was right behind them when the looked around mist surrounded the top of the bridge.
“You can still dodge a sword not a foot,” a girly voice said and a figure flew through the mist towards Sasuke. He caught the figure that was covered in blood.
“Kumiko!” Sasuke gasped looking at the figures face.
“Sasuke?” Kumiko asked weakly and confused. Kumiko stood without any help.
“Kumiko, stay with Tazuna!” Kakashi ordered but when he saw the shape his daughter was in he pushed her behind Sasuke.
“I’m going to get him!” Kumiko growled making a fist. “You Zabuza!”
“No stay with Tazuna you are bleeding badly!” Kakashi ordered.
“So Kakashi you decided to show up, right when I was going to end the girl life,” Zabuza laughed. As he walked out of the mist blood trickled down his forehead.
“Looks like she was doing a number on you as well,” Kakashi angrily said looking at Zabuza’s cuts.
“She was just keeping me busy while I waited for you,” Zabuza laughed and Haku stepped out from behind the mist.
“The tracker ninja!” Sakura gasped, “You worked with Zabuza the whole time!”
“Wow you noticed,” Haku laughed.
“Careful, Haku you might break a nail,” Kumiko snickered making Haku really annoyed.
“I’ll take him on,” Sasuke smirked pulling a knife from his pocket. “Any suggestions Kumiko?” Kakashi and Sakura had looks of shock while Kumiko nodded.
“He’s fast, get ahead of him,” She suggested making Sasuke nod and walk up to fight Haku.
“What did that mean?” Sakura asked confused.
“If he can stay one step ahead of Haku, he may actually win.” Kumiko mumbled whipping the blood from her face. Sasuke was fighting Haku and winning until Haku used a bloodline Jutzu that not even Kakashi’s Sharangun could copy.
Kakashi was about to interfere when Zabuza stopped him.
“No interrupting this fight too Kakashi,” Zabuza smirked.
“Naruto, you need to get here soon.” Kumiko said looking around. After she said that Naruto appeared with a bunch of fireworks and some.
“Hey Kumiko!” He called, “Like the display? I came to save you”
“Naruto you could have snuck up on them,” Kakashi yelled.
“Save me you need to save him,” Kumiko pointed to Sasuke who was surrounded by Haku’s attack. It was called Crystal Ice mirrors, which surrounded the opponent with mirrors, made of crystallized ice. Naruto looked confused and when he saw Sasuke he crawled next to him.
“What are you doing?” Kumiko asked fainting. Tazuna caught her and gasped at how light she was.
“Naruto look what you did!” Sakura yelled scared. ”Now who’s going to protect us? I can’t take care of Tazuna on my own. ”

----Kumiko Unconscious---

“Ok so I am unconscious and need to gather my thoughts,” Kumiko told her self-sitting in a room of black. She searched her thoughts really hard but to her disappointment nothing came up. “How Tsunade told me if I fought using Taijutzu I would strengthen my body and my memories would return.” She whined when a memory flew past her. It was like a movie before her eyes with her and Kakashi.
“Daddy, why can’t I produce that kind of shock and hit something?” she had asked her father. He was smiling without his mask and moved his hands really fast around a ball of chakra.
“The Lightning Edge is really hard to use when someone is moving so what do you think you would do?” Kakashi asked and Kumiko pulled the scroll form her father’s pocket.
“The Summing Scroll,” Younger her answered. “Can my blood do the same as yours?”
“Yes you have Hatake Chakra so you may summon the Dogs,” Kakashi smiled and Kumiko bit her finger making it bleed and pulled out the scroll. She placed her blood on the scroll and a bunch of dogs of all types appeared.
“Wow,” younger Kumiko mouthed

----Preset Kumiko---

“The Lightning Edge?” Kumiko thought in her head, “If Dad uses that he can Kill Zabuza!” she smirked and closed her eyes. When she opened them she was looking at Naruto who was glowing with red Chakra. Kumiko quickly appeared next to Kakashi and was going to punch Zabuza when Kakashi stopped her punch.
“What!?” she asked as he held her hand.
“I gave you an order,” Kakashi growled squeezing her hand. “Go back to Sakura.”
“What’s wrong with Naruto?” Kumiko yelled confused. “He’s Chakra is evil.”
“It’s the demon within,” Kakashi gasped as Naruto attacked Haku and punched him in the face breaking his mask. “Kumiko go back next to Sakura, NOW!” Kakashi yelled pushing Kumiko behind him. She starred at him with disbelief, he never talked to her like that, Kakashi was worried.
“Now Kakashi let her fight me to the death!” Zabuza chuckled but before Zabuza could move Kumiko broke away from her fathers grip and took a scroll out of Kakashi’s pocket smeared her blood on the letters and slammed it on the ground.
“Summoning Technique!” she called making Zabuza jump before a dog bit his ankles. All types of dogs attacked him and they caught him holding him still. “Now use your Lightning Edge,” Kumiko smirked with purple eyes.
“What! How did you know to do that?” Kakashi asked pushing Kumiko behind him once again.
“I had a memory,” Kumiko answered starring right at Kakashi, “You didn’t believe Tsunade but I did.”
“After this we can talk,” Kakashi whispered molding his Chakra in his hand. Kumiko watched at how her father used the power in his hand. Naruto was amazed by this and turned back to his normal self as Kakashi ran at the trapped Zabuza. He was about to hit him with the Lightning edge when Haku appeared between the two Jornin and blocked the attack.
“Haku!” Kumiko gasped, “He’s-“ The dogs retreated as Kakashi picked up the dying boys body.
“Haku,” Zabuza yelled outraged, trying to slice Kakashi with his sword.
“Sasuke,” Kumiko yelled running towards her fallen comrade, “are you alright?” she asked as he stood.
“Fine, thanks for the help,” he smirked as Sakura ran over. He leaned on her and they both limped over to Tazuna. Kumiko walked over to Naruto and didn’t know what he was starring at.
“Naruto are you ok?” she asked confused and he turned her around and gasp. About a hundred men with weapons were standing on the bridge blocking the entire path. “Who are they?”
“I don’t know but I don’t like them,” Naruto stated getting into a fighting stance.
“Well Zabuza looks like you are at the end of your career.” A man laughed, he was fat with shaggy blonde hair and glasses. He wore a suit and Kumiko picked him to be the leader. “Men kill him.” The man laughed as his men readied their weapons.
“Zabuza,” Kumiko yelled throwing a knife to him.
“Thanks Kid,” Zabuza smiled unraveling his face bandages and holding the knife in his mouth. His arms had been damaged from the dog’s bites so he used his mouth instead. “Your dead Gato.”
“Kumiko what are you doing?” Sasuke yelled looking at Kumiko’s angry face, “He’s the enemy!”
“Not when the enemy is being double crossed,” she pointed to Gato, “He hired Zabuza and now wants to kill him, that is just like being betrayed by your friends.” Naruto looked at how angry Kumiko was when she said this and how her eyes stared at Gato with hate.
“Kumiko you are aiding the enemy.” Sasuke complained but Kumiko never moved her gaze. Zabuza had killed all of Gato’s men but had swords and spears stuck in his back. He killed Gato with the knife and was shot down by a bow.
“What the?” Kumiko asked turning around. “Inari!” she gasped as the boy held the crossbow.
“I believe now,” he simply stated making her look at Naruto.
“Zabuza,” Kakashi sighed going over and picking up the dieing ninja. He carried him over to Haku and Kumiko looked down at them.
“Kumiko, could you please make sure we are buried together?” Zabuza asked and Kumiko nodded. Zabuza turned over to Haku “I wish we could go to the same place as you,” Zabuza said holding Haku’s face. Kumiko stepped back and stood looking at the sky as the ninja’s died.

Kumiko placed a wreath of flowers at the two crosses where she buried Zabuza and Haku. She placed two knives of her own at the graves and walked away. He looked up to see Sasuke leaning on a tree.
“Why did you help Zabuza?” he asked as they walked back to Tazuna’s.
“Zabuza cared about Haku, he was his Sensei after all,” Kumiko paused and looked at Sasuke. “Nobody should be double crossed, not even someone who is trying to kill you.” Kumiko stated making him look at her with curiosity.
“Have you been double crossed?” he asked and she nodded yes. “By who?” Sasuke asked angry.
“Two people I trusted double crossed me and next time I see them I will be killing them, even if it costs my life.” She stated making Sasuke look at her shocked.
“Have you ever killed anyone before?” Sasuke asked and Kumiko looked right at him.
“Yes,” she stated making his eyes widen.
“Who?” Sasuke asked as they arrived at Tazunas.
“Kumiko, time to leave,” Naruto smiled handing her a backpack. “Hurry Kakashi and Sakura started to leave already.”
Chapter 11 The teacher is Kumiko by naomi_sama
----Hospital-----

“Kumiko? Why are you here your not injured are you?” a woman who looked to be in her thirties asked. She had light blonde hair in low pigtails and a green over coat.
“No but I wanted to ask something,” Kumiko said sitting down on the hospital bed as the woman looked over Kumiko’s hands. “Tusnade can you please tell me how to train for Taijutzu.”
“What did you do to your hands?” Tsunade asked shocked at the deep cuts in Kumiko’s palms. “Taijutzu? Why do you want to learn that? Your eyes will protect you”
“No I mean you said the more I fight the more I will remember but to be in fights you have to know how to fight and I cant wait for my father to teach me he’s to busy with the Genin on his team.” Kumiko explained as Tsunade wrapped her hands.
“Well I could give you some pointers,” Tsunade smiled as she finished wrapping the gashes. “You did come to me after all.” Kumiko stood excited and followed Tsunade as she left the room.
“I know I have to double up in my strength but how would you suggest that?” Kumiko asked taking a scroll from Tsunade.
“This is what I used when I was your age to get stronger, don’t show it to anyone though, make your own routine when you’re done so you can be original.” Tusnade smiled.
“Thank you Tsunade!” Kumiko laughed hugging the medical ninja. Kumiko happily walked out of the hospital when Tsunade looked over at her assistant.
“You bonded with her?” the assistant asked and Tsunade smiled.
“I taught her mother,” Tsunade smiled, “It was a shame when she died, Kakashi thought it was his fault and tried to raise Kumiko best he could but three year olds are difficult so I went and visited him. Kumiko was special I guess, I just got attached.”
“I see why you are happier these days,” the assistant smiled as Tsunade went back to work.

----Kumiko----

“Alright so Tsunade said to make my own routine, that means adding some Ninjutzu in it.” Kumiko smiled as she walked to the training ground. She put the scroll away and got straight to work.

-----Naruto------

“Have you guys seen Kumiko?” Naruto asked confused as he passed Sakura and Sasuke.
“She’s probably training, that has been all she’s done since we got back from wave country.” Sakura stated making the boys look at her. “What? I asked her to go shopping and she always answers ‘I’m going to go train’ or ‘I’m training’ it actually feels like she’s lying just to avoid me.”
“No Sakura Kumiko really trains that much,” Kakashi said as he walked by with a book in hand. “She’s always at the training ground it’s actually unhealthy if you think about it.”
“Why does she do it than?” Naruto asked annoyed and jumped away. “If it’s unhealthy then why is she doing it?” he landed at the training ground and saw Kumiko she punched a boulder and it fell to pieces. “She is insane but look how strong she is!” He laughed in his head.
“Now for a jog, about ten miles will do for today.” Kumiko stated stretching her calves. She looked over at Naruto’s direction.
“Ahh she saw me.” Naruto gasped falling off of the fence. He landed right in front of her and Kumiko looked down confused.
“Naruto what are you doing?” Kumiko asked and he stood with a smile.
“I was just wondering if you wanted to go eat some Ramen with me, or train or go on a mission,” the he looked down at her hands which had bandages inside her gloves. “Kakashi was right when he said it wasn’t good for your health!”
“What Kakashi say?” Kumiko asked with interest.
“He said you train so much it’s unhealthy.” Naruto blurted and she looked at him with confusion.
“So what, I want to get stronger,” she stated crossing her arms. “Then I’m guessing you wouldn’t want to spar later.”
“Wait you wanted to fight me?” Naruto asked confused.
“Maybe if you do you’ll impress Sakura. But you said training was unhealthy so I don’t think you should chance it.” Kumiko smirked as she turned away. She was about to move when Naruto grabbed her and hugged her so tight.
“Kumiko!” he laughed, “You are my best friend!” he laughed and spun her around.
“That’s nice Naruto,” she smiled as he put her down blushing when he realized how embarrassed Kumiko was.
“Ok what should I wear?” he asked looking at Kumiko’s T-shirt and pants.
“Just take your jacket off and you’ll be fine,” Kumiko stated as she took off her weapons and set them in the tree. Naruto put his things with hers and beamed proud of himself. “Alright stretch and let’s go.”
“Ok so how far are we running?” Naruto asked as he and Kumiko jogged
“Well where would Sasuke be?” Kumiko asked and Naruto scratched his head.
“He’s usually walking by the river or practicing jutzu, but I don’t know where that is.” He sighed and Kumiko quickly spun around creating skid marks and ran towards the city.
“The academy,” Kumiko laughed and Naruto followed.
“Please Kumiko wait up,” Naruto panted as Kumiko kept her quick pace making Naruto exhausted. “If we were going to the academy then why are we running along the river?”
“Because it’s a nice day, and I remember Sakura saying she would be here,” Kumiko simply answered as she slowed down. “See,” Kumiko pointed to Sakura as she sat on the dock looking into the water.
“Kumiko you’re the best!” Naruto laughed as they ran over to Sakura.
“Hey Kumiko,” Sakura mumbled, “Naruto,” she growled making Naruto feel really upset.
“I’m going to finish jogging, you are wearing me out Naruto, Later.” Kumiko said this like she was out of breath and jogged away. “I hope he doesn’t screw up.” She mumbled under her breath.

Kumiko had just finished her jog and taken a shower when she heard Kakashi calling her. “What dad?” she asked as she dried her hair. She was dressed in one of her many pairs of green pants and black t-shirts.
“Can you go to the academy and teach a quick class for Ikura?” He asked as she walked into the living room.
“Why do I have to do it?” Kumiko whined putting her hair up.
“Because, you will get a mission credit for it.” Kakashi said as he read a book. “Besides if you want to become Hokage than you need to be able to work with kids.”
“Like you mastered that,” Kumiko smirked making Kakashi look up confused. “You are reading and not teaching your students anything. Not to mention what you’re reading.”
“Hey I can read what I want,” Kakashi defended himself. “Well as soon as you get to the academy we are going on a mission.”
“Alright,” Kumiko sighed picking up her head protector. She followed Kakashi to the Academy. Ikura took her into the classroom where a bunch of kids looked at her. “This isn’t your class,” Kumiko turned to see Ikura sweat.
“Well they need to be taught what a Genin does and what better then a guest speaker?” Ikura smiled.
“Fine,” Kumiko sighed and walked in front of the class.
“Look at her,” some voices said, “Wow a female ninja,” others whispered, “Wonder if she knows anything?” questions flew through the room as Kumiko walked up to the teacher’s desk and leaned on it. Crossing her arms she waited for them to quite down.
“Hello,” she said and the kids answered hello back, “My name is Kumiko and does anyone know what I am.”
“You’re a Genin,” a boy answered, “you shadow a real ninja.”
“What do you mean by real ninja?” Kumiko asked offended.
“Genin aren’t ninja they have to do what their sensei say.” The boy answered and Kumiko stood up.
“So then I’m guessing that this head protector means nothing to you?” Kumiko asked pointing to her face. The kid shook his head no making Kumiko very annoyed. “Then when you become a Genin in a few years you are not going to be a ninja is that it?”
“No I’ll be a ninja you aren’t one because you are weak, probably can’t perform a simple transforming jutzu,” the boy snickered.
“I see, I would like to see you perform a Jutzu, please you are so sure you’re going to be an ninja then show us,” Kumiko smirked as the boy stood frozen. “What are you shy?”
“No it’s just that, I never did a transformation Jutzu before,” he mumbled and everyone in the class laughed.
“Then my point, when you are a Genin you are officially a ninja, you may not be very good but a ninja is a ninja and always has room for improvement.” Kumiko stated as she walked to the center of the class. “Now does anyone have any questions? Besides if I can perform any Jutzus.”
“What is your fighting style?” a girl asked and Kumiko smiled.
“I use Taijutzu but Ninjutzu is really fun to learn but Genjutzu really helps when in sticky situations, like this mission I was on once I was fighting 5 guys with big swords because I had to protect an old woman who was the wife of some guy who didn’t like an organization, anyway I was out matched five to one so I quickly used a Genjutzu to make them think they were all falling off a cliff.” Kumiko blabbed on and the children looked at her amazed. “Well I got away and protected the old woman and the men went back to their boss to tell them that they failed.”
“So you actually went on this mission?” another boy asked.
“Yes, when you’re a Genin you go on all kinds of missions.” Kumiko explained, “You go with your group of three or in my case four, and your Sensei.”
“Who is your Sensei?” a girl asked. “Are you with boys?”
“There are two boys in my group, and a girl and my Sensei is Hatake Kakashi” Kumiko smiled.
“You went on this mission with them you just became Genin,” a girl protested.
“No I went by myself, I was going to become a Chunin a few months ago but I was in an accident and missed the chance.” Kumiko simply explained, “Now who wants to see some Jutzu a Genin can do?” she asked quickly changing the subject.
“Please teach us a tequniue,” a boy pleaded and Kumiko looked at him shocked.
“What should I teach you?” Kumiko asked and the kids all ran into a line. A scroll popped into her hands and Kumiko looked towards the door where Kakashi stood with thumbs up. She twirled the scroll open and read the inscriptions. “Alright here you can use this Technique a lot,” Kumiko smiled.
“What does it mean?” a girl asked as Kumiko wrote the instructions on the board.
“Pule alto Jutzu, it is a jump high Jutzu, we should go outside for this,” Kumiko smiled leading the students outside. She hung the scroll on the tree and the kids stared shocked. “Ok this will help you in any kind of situation, normal ninja can jump pretty high.” She was interrupted.
“Please show us, we are never shown anything,” the same boy who suggested learning jutzus begged. Kumiko jumped into the air and landed on the academy roof. She stepped down and they all clapped.
“Ok see that was a normal jump, and this will help you get that high since you are only students.” Kumiko explained and they nodded. “Center your chakra first that’s most important.” The kids did what ever she did, “Now look up here this has three simple hand signs,” she showed them and the copied, “Now just call it, Pule alto Jutzu.”
“Pule alto Jutzu” the kids called and were going into the air. Kumiko stayed on the ground and watched as the jumped into the tree.
“Good job!” Kumiko cheered as all of the students made it. The kids loved Kumiko’s teaching and wanted her to come back. She left and they all hugged her even if she didn’t know them, considering she grew up in sand she knew none.

-------Kakashi----

“She is doing better then I would have thought,” Ikura said as the two watched the kids jump into the tree. They were sitting in a café across the street.
“Maybe she should become part time,” Ikura suggested when a man with a bobbed haircut, green tights and huge eyebrows walked over to Kakashi.
“Kakashi how has it been?” the man asked as Kakashi looked up.
“Gai it’s been a while.” Kakashi sarcastically said and looked as three Genin followed the man up. “These must be your students?”
“Yes they are,” Gai proudly said as the three Genin looked over at the schoolyard with shocked faces.
“Gai Sensei who is that? She didn’t got to the academy with us,” a boy who looked almost exactly like Gai himself asked.
“Who?” Gai asked turning around and looking shocked as kids jumped into the tree.
“The light haired girl with the blue eyes wearing the head protector,” the other boy in the group said.
“That looks just like Kumiko,” Gai smiled, “you never told me she was back Kakashi.”
“Yes she was asked by the Hokage himself to teach the students because they were falling asleep in class,” Kakashi stated making Gai shake his head.
“Gai Sensei?” the first boy asked confused, “She looks the same age as us.”
“She is,” Gai answered making the Genin gasp, “Kumiko has a special training program and wants to take after her father and become a Ninjutzu Jornin as soon as possible, Isn’t that right Kakashi?”
“No she is specializing in Taijutzu,” Kakashi corrected.
“Well tell her she picked a good area,” Gai laughed. “I was nice to see you Kakashi, remember I still have 50 wins.” Gai bragged as he walked away with his students.
“Ya and I have 49 wins,” Kakashi shook his head. “He can be so oblivious at times.”
“Ya like the fact that he is walking around in spandex,” Ikura blinked disgusted
Chapter 12 Training! Again?! by naomi_sama
----Kumiko----

“Naruto I train everyday, there is no point in trying to stop me,” Kumiko smiled as they walked down the river.
“I figure you needed to go for a walk, besides Sakura didn’t want to go..” Naruto trailed off and Kumiko looked over at her depressed friend.
“Hey Naruto,” Kumiko broke the silence making Naruto look up at her. “If Sakura doesn’t want to do anything don’t worry about it. I’m go for a walk with you, besides you get to see her on missions.”
“Ya that’s right, Kumiko I knew there was a reason you were my friend,” Naruto smiled and looked up to the sky, “You respect me unlike the other villagers.”
“Well Naruto you respect me as well, I guess we were made to be friends,” Kumiko smiled and Naruto nodded. “Besides you never give up,” she chuckled and Naruto flexed his muscles.
“Hey Sasuke wait up,” Sakura’s voice called as Sasuke stopped in his tracks a few feet in front of Kumiko and Naruto.
“Kumiko I was wondering if you would spar with me?” Sasuke asked and Kumiko scratched her head.
“All right Sasuke I’ll see you before sunset,” Kumiko smiled and Sasuke walked away. Sakura ran up to Kumiko and said a quick hi before leaving to chase after Sasuke.
“Sakura wait!” Naruto called “You don’t mind do you Kumiko?” Naruto asked a little confused and Kumiko shook her head no. “Really Bye Kumiko!” Naruto waved running after Sakura.
“I wonder if Sakura will ever acknowledge him?” Kumiko asked herself out loud as she sat by the river. She heard a barking noise and looked over to see a white dog. “Awe what’s your name?” Kumiko asked looking down at the puppy sitting by the water. It ran up to her and licked her face.
“You,” a voice called and Kumiko turned around to see some stranger about her age.
“Me?” she asked confused.
“That puppy belongs to my friend, may I please have it back?” the boy asked through his sunglasses. He wore a collared jacket that covered his face and a leaf head protector around his brown spiky hair. Kumiko looked down at the puppy she was now holding, the puppy barked at the boy with a happy bark.
“If he’s your friends,” Kumiko smiled handing over the puppy.
“Thank You,” the boy said and looked at Kumiko with curiosity. “You look like a Genin, which group are you in?”
“Uzamki Naruto’s,” Kumiko stated not sure what he meant.
“With Naruto I see,” the boy said and Kumiko just looked with a confused look on her face, “I’m Aburame Shino.”
“Hatake Kumiko,” Kumiko added sticking out her hand. Shino shook it and Kumiko smiled.
“Did you go to hidden Leaf academy?” Shino asked and Kumiko shook her head no. “I see that is why you don’t look familiar.”
“So what is his name?” Kumiko asked as she patted the dog.
“Akamaru,” Shino simply answered and Kumiko smiled.
“Well it was nice meeting you Akamaru,” she said making the dog wag his tail.
“I should be going,” Shino stated bowing his head. “Next time I’m not on a mission it would be interesting to learn more about you Kumiko.”
“Same to you Shino,” Kumiko bowed the same as he left. “Alright so I now know five Genin of Kohona, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Shino and myself. By the time the Chunin exam starts I should be introduced to almost everyone.

------Kakashi-----

“Tsundae why did you give her that scroll?” Kakashi asked Tsunade as she treated his arm. “That stings,” He hissed as she put a liquid on his arm.
“Well it should, you trained with Kumiko, she may use Jutzu you can’t block,” Tsunade smirked making Kakashi lift an eyebrow.
“You were teaching her jutzu?” he asked rolling down his sleeve.
“No, I taught her a few medical tricks for when she overly trains herself, but she learned that jutzu on her own.” Tsunade paused “She told me it was called Tiger Slice or something like that.”
“That’s just like Clara’s Jutzu,” Kakashi said standing.
“She is more and more like Clara every day, she doesn’t know it though,” Tsunade shook her head, “She acts like you though, have you seen when Naruto was in trouble, Kumiko would go help him out without a second thought.”
“He and her are best friends, she will always help him and he her. I don’t think she knows that he has a demon fox inside him.” Kakashi sighed.
“I think she has a feeling some sort of demon lives with in him, she has grown up around a demon child before,” Tsunade pointed out.
Wish all my students would be like my daughter, but you can’t always get what you want, she wants deep down to be Hokage but she would be happy being a Jornin.” Kakashi chuckled, “The day her and Naruto fight to who will become Hokage will be a great fight.”
“The scroll I gave her has everyone of Clara’s signature Jutzu on it, Kumiko will probably alter the Jutzu so they are originally hers,” Tsunade explained and Kakashi looked up with a nervous face.
“That scroll contains the way to master the Phyrith, or as Kumiko would say because I told her Schalter Sie Ort. That eye is an uncontrollable power that she hasn’t even scratched the surface with yet.” Kakashi explained. “She told me she had mastered it before but I bet she only could use it to return attacks at her opponents not physically hurt them.”
“What does that mean Kakashi?” Tsunade asked looking with confusion.
“She will be able to take out demons when that is mastered, Clara was able to master it because of what she was taught when she was young, but Kumiko she must find that on her own.” Kakashi stated making Tsunade look away.
“But if the Phyrich is released then Kumiko will lose total control, she may become what she trains not to,” Tsunade stated making Kakashi nod.
“That’s why when I brought her back I sealed that power inside her, the only way to get it out is to break the seal, Kind of like Naruto’s seal, but there is a difference, her seal may be broken once the Phyrich is mastered.” Kakashi pointed out.
“Let’s hope for the best, that she won’t open the seal anytime soon, and not in the Chunin exam either,” Tsunade sighed.

----Gaara----

“Gaara why do you always stare at the moon? It’s not going to make you stronger?” Gaara’s older brother asked confused. Gaara looked at the moon every night since Kumiko was take to the village of Leafs. Gaara slowly turned his head to look at his brother with a glare when Gaara’s sister ran over.
“Gaara, Kankurou didn’t mean it like that…he just wanted some tips,” She tried to cover for her brother who was shaking behind her at the look of Gaara’s glare.
“You’re lucky Kankurou,” Gaara mumbled looking back at the moon. A bird swooped down and Landed on Gaara’s arm with a letter attached to his leg.
“Who is that from?” Temari asked confused.
“None of your business,” Gaara simply answered not looking at his sister. When the two of them left Gaara opened the note. “Kumiko,” he mumbled reading the entire thing then writing back. Gaara hooked the scroll to the bird as it flew away.

----Temari----

“Kankurou what were you thinking?” Temari asked her brother as they played cards.
“Hey he has been like that ever since Kumiko left, he’s unstable already she just made it worse,” Kankoru stated picking a few cards up.
“He is unstable, but you know how many times she stopped him from killing us?” Temari asked laying down a card.
“So she is the only reason he lives, and where is she now? She disappeared there is no way to bring her back,” Kankurou smirked picking up more cards.
“Why do you keep picking up?” Temari asked looking at the amount of cards in Kankurou’s hand. “No Gaara will find her, maybe bring her back, but if she is at the village of leafs she is probably going to forget about Gaara and find a new boyfriend.”
“Heh, she will kill them before that,” Kankurou laughed laying down a hand of cards the same suite. “Royal flush,” he smirked collecting the chips Temari put in.
“Another round,” Temari challenged as Kankurou shuffled the cards.

-----Kumiko----

“I have officially learned more than ten Jutzu!” Kumiko cheered as she walked around Kohona with a grin. She was going to the hot springs to continue her break when she saw a blonde girl with pigtails run out. “Naruto what are you doing?”
“Kumiko,” Naruto stopped dead in his tracks changing back to his normal self, “What are you doing I thought you were training?”
“I will be in about an hour but if you can’t stay out of trouble I may have to make you train with me.” Kumiko smirked making Naruto blush. “So I guess I’m skipping the hot springs, want to get Ramen?”
“You buying?” Naruto asked pulling out his empty pockets.
“Apparently,” Kumiko smiled, “Race you there,” She challenged as her and Naruto ran through the streets.
“Do you two really like Ramen that much?” the shop owner asked handing the tow bowls of noodles.
“We do come here a lot don’t we?” Kumiko smiled and Naruto nodded already eating his noodles.
“This is the best Ramen place in town,” Naruto said as he swallowed his noodles.
“I agree there,” Kumiko laughed as her and Naruto raced on who could eat more. Naruto won by four bowls making Kumiko laugh at the end when Naruto looked like he was unable to move.
“I think I’m done,” Naruto burped and covered his mouth.
“I think I’m going to go train some more, you know where to find me if you need me,” Kumiko waved as she walked off to train until she couldn’t anymore.
Chapter 13 Killed to wake up by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
okay, the rason i don't spell jutsu right is because i get lazy. sorry! :D
Killed to Wake Up

Kumiko was sleeping when there was a knock on her door. Half asleep and half drooling she wobbled to the door, which was already answered by her father. “Dad who is it?” she yawned leaning on the wall.
“Good evening Kumiko,” the Hokage said waving from the front door. Kakashi brought him in and the three sat down around the kitchen table with some tea. Kumiko being tired from training was trying to stay awake. She was stuck in the house all day and missed a mission because she made herself sick. Instead of sleeping she spent the day with Tsunade in the hospital, because if Kakashi let her alone she might have snuck out.
“There was a problem at the hospital,” the Hokage sighed and Kumiko starred wide-eyed.
“Is Yoshi OK?” she asked nervous.
“The boy is fine, actually he has been woken up and doing better then hoped,” the Hokage explained and Kumiko jumped up happily.
“Really?” she asked and ran out the door.
“She is in her Pj’s is she not?” Hokage asked and Kakashi nodded. “Maybe you should give her sleeping pills.”
“I’ve tried,” Kaksahi sighed shaking his head making the Hokage laugh.

----Kumiko---

Kumiko ran to the hospital passing very few people but she passed oddly Sasuke. She didn’t pause to say hi but kept running until she was in Yoshi’s room. “Yoshi!” she asked as her friend sat in bed thinking.
“Kumiko?” Yoshi asked confused. “Your alive!” he smiled and Kumiko nodded. Kumiko explained why she was wearing a leaf village headpiece. He looked a little disappointed because she was hurt but she made him feel better by telling him that she is going to kill Nori.
“So are you damaged in any way that can’t be fixed?” she asked and he shook his head no.
“Not that I know of, but I don’t really want to train here, my home village is the Volcano Village and really want to train there,” he said and Kumiko looked confused.
“How did you get to the village of sand then?” she asked confused and he laughed.
“My father said great Sensei were there,” he answered and Kumiko laughed.
“So who is going to take you to sand village?” she asked. “I bet the Hokage assigns my team.”
“That would be good” Yoshi smirked. “You were always out there training.”
“Then it’s settled I’ll ask the Hokage who is at my home and see you in the morning?” Kumiko asked standing.
“See you later,” Yoshi smimked as Kumiko walked away. “AS according to plan” he mumbled with a smirk.

----Sasuke----

“Sasuke what are you doin?” Naruto asked as Sasuke walked out of the Ramen shop.
“Getting a midnight snack,” he simply answered and Naruto got annoyed. “Do you live here?”
“No but I always come to get a midnight snack!” Naruto growled now truly angry until someone ran past in red pajamas. “Hey was that just Kumiko?”
“Yes?” Sasuke asked confused as well. “She owns red Pajamas?” They looked at eachother and were about to follow her when Kakashi walked right after her.
“What are you two doing awake?” he asked wearing his usual cloths.
“Midnight snack,” Naruto said holding his cup of Ramen. Kakashi rolled his eye and was about to walk off but Naruto stopped him. “Why is Kumiko walking around in Pajamas?”
“She is sleep running,” he answered annoyed.
“But is that possible? A ninja of her status?” Sasuke questioned.
“Not usually but this is what happens when you train too much,” Kaksahi shook his head “she woke me up and told me the Hokage was at her house.” Kakashi stretched the truth.
“Weird,” Sasuke mumbled before leaving.
“Night Sansei,” Naruto yawned with noodles hanging out his mouth.

----Kumiko----

Kumiko talked to the Hokage and after being punished for running out the house in PJ’s Team 7 was going to take Yoshi to the Village Hidden at the Volcano. Kakashi was late to come and meet Yoshi but so were Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura looked at Yoshi wondering what he was going to be like. Kumiko looked a little confused because when he looked down with annoyance she had hearts in her eyes.
“Who is this girl?” Yoshi mumbled to Kumiko.
“That is Sakura,” Kumiko pointed and Sasuke walked up disgusted with his mission. “That Happy Camper who reminds me of you is Sasuke,” Kumiko pointed and Naruto came running up. “That is Naruto, he you will find to be really weird, but insault him and I will hurt you”
“And Kaksahi is coming when?” Yoshi asked annoyed more. “I hate this,” he glared at the team.
“Well he is always late but I can keep you company,” Sakura giggled making Kumiko have to restrain Naruto.
“Sakura I need Company,” Naruto pleaded once Kumiko let him go but Sakura acted as if she didn’t even hear.
“I don’t like him,” Sasuke scuffed. “He may be a year or so older but I doubt he is as skilled.”
“What was that?” Yoshi asked in a serious manner. “If you insult me do it to my face.”
“Yea I see our old team, you as Sasuke that bastard as Sakura always getting in the way and me as Naruto the one who actually cares,” Kumiko angrily thought. “I knew he would get like this, his serious tuff boy attitude is what got him on Gaara’s hate list, and almost on mine.”
“Sorry I am late but I saw a skunk near-I’m here now let’s go“ Kakashi explained “Kumiko take it wasy ok,” Kumiko crossed her arms. “Is something wrong?”
“Yes this is going to be a long mission, besides the fact I’m sick, Yoshi as I explained before is Just like Sasuke,” she mouthed and Kakshi almost choked.
“You alright Sensei?” Naruto asked.
“Everything is fine,” Kaksahi lied. “But I wonder how many fights there will be?”

After Traveling for what seemed like hours through the forest it was getting dark so Kakashi decided to set up Camp. Kumiko looked up at the sky excited while the other fell asleep. Kakashi kept watch and Kumiko stood ready to walk away when he stopped her.
“Where are you going young lady?” Kakashi asked and she looked down at him.
“I was going to see how far the desert was from here, It can’t be too close these trees are huge,” Kumiko explained and Kakashi scratched his chin.
“Fine but be back by morning.” He ordered and she waved as she jumped away in the trees. Kumiko ran for a while until she reached the edge of the forest where the desert started.
“Gaara?” she whispered and the sand started to move around her. She didn’t cover her eyes but watched as Gaara showed up. He looked over at her with his emotionless face until she smiled.
“What are you doing this far from the village?” Gaara asked annoyed.
“I’m glad you got my letter, and that the mission I took was this close to the desert.” Kumiko said.
“Mission?” Gaara asked looking around.
“I’m on a mission to take Yoshi to the Village in the Mountain.” Kumiko explained and Gaara showed a look of pure disgust.
“I don’t trust him,” Gaara snorted and the two sat down in a tree.
“Why?” Kumiko asked as they both looked at the moon. “Not that I totally trust him but still.”
“He was too close to that bastard to be that mad when he betrayed you. He also has a cocky attitude which really pisses me off when he treats everyone like dirt.” Gaara said and Kumiko cocked her head.
“You are right actually, he never complement me or said thanks or anything,” Kumiko added annoyed. “And my father saved his life.”
“Watch yourself with him,” Gaara ordered and Kumiko nodded. The two talked about what was going on but Kumiko did the most talking. Kumiko fell asleep and Gaara kept watch.

----Gaara----


He looked at Kumiko sleeping “This is how it should be Kumiko should be with me, but she wants to train to become a great ninja.” Garra thought as he looked down at Kumiko once again. “You know making yourself sick won’t really help you get better,” Gaara mumbled.
“I need to get stronger,” Kumiko mumbled.
“You are the reason I live Kumiko,” Gaara whispered. It was true Gaara was lonely until he met Kumiko. She could always cheer him up even if Gaara was in a bad mood.
“Gaara,” Kumiko happily mumbled. “I’m sorry that I want to become the Hokage.” Kumiko said still sleeping.
“It’s fine,” Gaara kindly said moving some hair out of Kumiko’s face. Quickly Gaara looked over when he heard the bushes below move. He looked down and saw Fire Boy, who was looking around for something until Gaara jumped down and glared with hatetrid. Yoshi got in a fighting position shocked to see Gaara.
Gaara glared more making Yoshi sweat. “What are you doing here?” Yoshi demanded.
“None of your business,” Gaara spat.
“Where is Kumiko?” Yoshi demanded. Gaara glared at Yoshi, arms crossed, expression the same, “Where is she?” he demanded for a second time.
“Traitor,” Gaara spat as the sand started to swirl around Yoshi surroundung his neck and cutting off his breathing.
“Gaara don’t kill him,” Kumiko yawned from the tree. She tirdly jumped down landing next to Gaara.
“Why not?” he asked never taking his eye off Yoshi.
“You can kill him once proven guilty.” She whispered in his ear and he dropped Yoshi onto the ground. “That is if I don’t catch him first.”
“Fine,” he answered waving his hand making the sand push Yoshi back into the forest. “See you as soon as he tries to kill you.”
“Ok,” Kumiko smiled and the bushes moved again. She was about to walk away when Gaara pulled her close to him and kissed her. He disappeared as she stood blushing. “Bye Gaara.”
“How can you stand him?” Yoshi asked trying to stand.
“It’s none of your business it’s amazing how I stand you, your attitude and how you treat me like I’m lower then you,” Kumiko yelled arms crossed. “that is what I got sick of hearing from Nicko it’s like you two are both working with Nori.”
“What? do you want to fight me Kumiko? And for once you can’t perform any jutzus to harm me,” Yoshi growled ready to take Kumiko and they started hand signs but Kakashi jumped down and stopped the both of them.
“The Two of you knock it off, Kumiko I want to see you at camp.” Kakashi pointed and walked the two back.
“Why are you fighting with him?” Kakashi questioned taking Kumiiko aside.
“He treats me like dirt Dad, I thought since I saved his life he would act different but he doesn’t!” she answered and clenched her fists. “He is worse now that he knows he can beat me in a jutzu fight.”
“I thought you said your team didn’t fight with each other,” Kakashi asked.
“We didn’t,” she said coldly crossing her arms. “Him and Nicko wouldn’t fight and I wouldn’t talk to him unless I needed to so everything was fine. Now that he’s back and I am still a Genin, not to mention a bit sort of Jutzu, he thinks he runs the places just because he is older and stronger than me!”
“I see, well If he gives you anymore problems then I will send him to the Volcano Village myself,” Kakashi stated and Kumiko nodded.
“If Gaara’s right Yoshi is going to die soon,” Kumiko mumbled walking away.

---Kakashi-----

Kakashi watched as Kumiko jumped away and walked over to Yoshi. “You have no right to insult one of my students when you are a Genin yourself,” he reprimanded.
“You have no right to talk to me like that, you aren’t even my sensei,” Yoshi back talked and Kakshi would have punched this boy if he wasn’t the one being protected.
“Your Sensei was a demon and if you wish to follow him I will let Kumiko kill you now,” Kakashi glared and Yoshi looked shocked at this.
“Just because you are leader doesn’t mean you get to make all the rules Hatake Kakashi,” Yoshi hissed and Kakashi glared.
“It means you have to do as I say Jioron Yoshi, and you will respect me by calling me the same as everyone else.” Kakashi ordered and Yoshi did a Jitzu.
Chapter 14 A hard loss by naomi_sama
-----Kumiko----

Kumiko was lying down next to Sakura when she heard Yoshi scream. She and Sasuke jumped up waking Naruto and Sakura. Sakura hid behind Sasuke but he followed Kumiko through the trees.
“Kakashi!!” Kumiko cried as she saw her father’s body lying motionless. She jumped down and ran over checking his pulse. “Your alive,” she said whipping the tears forming in her eyes. Sasuke looked over and saw Yoshi laying the same was that Kakashi was.
“He’s alive too,” Sasuke announced picking Yoshi up and throwing him over his shoulder like he was just a bag of luggage. Kumiko lifted Kakashi over he shoulder and ran to camp.
“Kakashi Sensei!” Sakura cried running over to Kakashi. Kumiko laid him down against a tree and checked his forehead.
“I need a towel,” she ordered and Sakura threw one over. Kumiko placed it under his head protector. “We should leave, right away.” She suggested and Naruto gathered the things. She walked over to Yoshi and slapped his face. “Wake up!” she yelled.
“Kumiko that isn’t going to wake him up?” Sakura yelled running over to Yoshi.
“Yes it is,” Kumiko growled and snapped. Yoshi opened his eyes and stared at Kumiko as she picked him up by the shirt. If it weren’t a serious situation it would look pretty funny a small person holding up someone taller then them. “What Happen to him!” she demanded and both Naruto and Sasuke grabbed Kumiko and pinned her to the ground.
“Kumiko calm down,” Naruto said as Kumiko struggled to break free.
“What is his problem?” Sasuke asked as she started to calm down.
“He is strong whatever it was he could have fought it off!” Kumiko growled as Sakura was at Yoshi’s side. Sakura helped him up but Yoshi pushed her away.
“She was only trying to help!” Naruto growled as Sakura fell. Sasuke now was restringing Naruto as Kumiko helped up Sakura. Everything was so insane and happening so fast that in a blink it something would have been missed.
“Kumiko is right,” Sasuke said calming everything down.
“There were two ninja each with poison dart arrows. The poison was supposed to kill us but you came just in time,” Yoshi said with annoyance and a smirk. He held the arrowhead that had the poison matching the one Kumiko held.
“Where did you get that?” Naruto asked shocked.
“Kakashi's head,” she pointed and went over helping Kakashi up. “We should get moving before the ninja come back,” Kumiko ordered and jumped away.
“Who put her in charge?” Yoshi scuffed and Naruto jumped next to him.
“She is trained better then anyone else so she’s in charge deal with it,” Naruto growled making Yoshi roll his eyes.
“Kumiko let me help,” Sasuke offered and took a side of Kakashi. “I don’t like this Yoshi.”
“You are not alone I think Sakura is the only one,” Kumiko mumbled. ”but she has to be under something, she loves Sasuke?”
They traveled a little trough the desert and Yoshi laughed at Sakura and Naruto as they straggled behind and Sasuke as he lost his breathe a lot. Kumiko gave them each a canteen that she packed filled with water. Signally carrying her father and making sure her group was ok Kumiko had everything under control, except for Yoshi.
“But who does mind control?” Kumiko asked annoyed.
“I did keep him safe,” Yoshi growled as they walked through the desert. “I did a jutzu to block the mind control.”
“Just drop the subject you can’t change what happened,” Kumiko ordered and Yoshi looked at her annoyed. Kumiko heard the small chatter of the rest of the group but ignored it

---Naruto----

“Why is Yoshi constantly starring at Kumiko’s butt?” Naruto asked annoyed as Kumiko and Yoshi walked in front of them and he Sasuke and Sakura walked behind.
“He's doing what?” Sakura question annoyed looking up at Yoshi.
“He is an ass,” Sasuke blurted and Naruto started to laugh. “He treats us like were dirt.”
“Sasuke how dare you insult him!” Sakura cried. They watched as Yoshi walked up close to Kumiko and was about to touch her shoulder when she turned around really fast with a pissed off look on her face.
“Don’t you were strong enough to repeal the attack but why wasn’t Kakashi?” Kumiko demanded and Yoshi shrugged. “Besides we are in the desert it would be wise to watch your back,” Kumiko warned in a calm voice.
“What is she talking about?” Sakura asked dumbfounded.
“Kumiko knows him somehow,” Sasuke stated and Naruto laughed.
“She talks to everyone she hates like that, remember when she talked to you like that?” Naruto laughed. Sasuke glared at Naruto as anger boiled up in Sakura.
“Shut up Naruto!” Sakura growled and the boys looked at her shocked. “Oh no I’m torn between Sasuke and Yoshi!” she thought and ran to walk next to Kumiko.

----Gaara-----

Gaara walked in the sand across from Kumiko and Fireboy. He held himself back after what Yoshi did to her father. He knew it was mind control because he heard the Jutzu being called, but Gaara was even more impressed the Kumiko remembered what type it was.
“Just drop the subject you can’t change what happened,” he heard Kumiko order and smirked at the look on Fire Boys face.
“But Kumiko I was just trying to help, HE isn’t here to help you right now so why not let me?” Yoshi offered and Gaara was about to jump out when Kumiko yelled.
“We are in the desert it would be wise to watch your back,” Kumiko warned. Yoshi shivered as Kumiko looked over and smiled in Gaara’s direction. Gaara just smirked knowing that Kumiko was still his and Yoshi try, as he might, could never take her away.
”Does he think I’m incapable of using the sand to my will?” Gaara smirked wider as he walked.

----Naruto----

“Kumiko can we take a break?” Sakura asked now walking next to her. Sakura seemed to have bonded with Kumiko them both being girls and Sakura not being worried anymore that Kumiko was going to steal Sasuke away. Even if Kumiko and Sasuke spent more time together then herself and Sasuke.
“Alright,” Kumiko said pulling out her chopstick and sticking it into the ground, making bamboo over head like a tent to block the hot sun. Yoshi sat down exhausted with the three who had never been in the desert before.
“Kumiko how can you stand this heat?” Naruto whined.
“I love these conditions, they help you train” Kumiko smiled setting Kakashi down. “I’m going to scout ahead you guys and Sakura wait here,”
“Let me come with,” Yoshi stood and Naruto and Sasuke pulled him down.
“She said stay,” Naruto mumbled and Yoshi shot a glare at him.
“Like I would listen to a kid like you,” Yoshi snorted jumping away.
“That guy is an ass, you were right Sasuke.” Naruto growled.

-----Kumiko----

“Gaara!” Kumiko whispered as Gaara append with an umbrella. “Where did you get that?”
“You are going to get sunburn,” Gaara mumbled giving Kumiko the umbrella. “Temari’s room.”
“Are you going to follow us until we are out of the desert?” Kumiko asked holding the umbrella.
“Yes,” he answered and Kumiko felt Chakra coming towards her really fast. “Cover your mouth and nose,” Gaara ordered giving Kumiko a sash she tied it around her face and he grabbed her taking them both below the sand. It would have been bad for Kumiko to accidentally breath in any sand one because she would probably get a dry throat and two she was already sick.
Kumiko looked up and it was a two-way view. She could see what was above her but whatever was above couldn’t see below.
“Where could she have gone?” Yoshi’s voice asked as he walked over the sand. Gaara glared as he held up the sand with one hand and Kumiko with the other.
“What does he want?” Kumiko whispered.
“Hn she is probably with that sand freak,” Yoshi snorted. Gaara being insulted waved his hand making Yoshi surrounded. He took Kumiko up to the surface and set her down.
“Gaara not yet,” Kumiko begged looking into Gaara’s green eyes.
“Then when?” Gaara asked annoyed. “I have a hunch he is working for that bastard.”
“I know that, but I have to complete the mission first,” Kumiko explained and Gaara shook his head. He took the sand storm away from Yoshi who was surprisingly curled up in a ball covering his eyes. Gaara had a smirk or pleasure on his face while Kumiko chuckled.
“I’ll take you back,” Gaara said walking Kumiko back as he made sure he wasn’t seen by anyone.
“Oh should I keep the umbrella?” Kumiko asked confused as she noticed she was still holding the umbrella that was given to her. Gaara probably took it without asking Temari first but she would have given it to him anyway.
“Yes,” he answered. “I’ll follow you to the mountain, that’s all the further I can go.”
“Thank you Gaara,” Kumiko laughed hugging him.

---Naruto-----

“Sasuke what’s that?” Sakura weakly asked pointing towards two figures walking towards them.
“Sakura it’s called a illusion,” Sasuke said trying to hide that he was just as drained as her. Naruto was lying looking at the thing Sakura described.
“Sasuke what is that?” Naruto pointed as one of the figures disappeared. The other got closer until it looked like it was only inches away from Naruto when he was picked up.
“Naruto, sleeping in the desert is bad,” the kind voice of Kumiko said as water was poured all over Naruto’s head. He jumped into the air and starred right into Kumiko’s blue eyes.
“KUMIKO!” Naruto gasped as he looked at himself. “Where did you get water?”
“I brought it, now help me get Sasuke up,” she said opening water. She dumped it on Sasukes head making him do the same as Naruto except Kumiko had to block one of Sasuke’s punches.
“Kumiko?” Sasuke asked confused.
“Yes now you two pour this on Kakashi while I get Sakura,” Kumiko ordered as she handed the boys a canteen. She went over to Sakura and sat her up but instead of pouring it on her she poured it on Sakura’s bandana. Kumiko wrapped it around Sakura’s neck and then poured it on her.
“What happened?” Sakura weakly asked. Kumiko placed her hand on Sakura’s forehead but quickly moved it away. “Wow Kumiko you have pretty eyes.”
“You have Desert Fever,” Kumiko explained, “You need to sleep, and drink a lot more than you were.”
“No I’m Ok,” Sakura protested falling back asleep. Kumiko shook her head taking the cloth from her neck and putting it on Sakura’s forehead.
“Naruto can you take the umbrella?” Kumiko asked handing the umbrella to him. “Sakura you are acting like me now, you’re sick I’ll take care of you,” She picked up Sakura and put her on her back. “You two take care of Kakashi,” Kumiko ordered taking back the umbrella. She pulled out the chopstick from the ground but looked around for Yoshi. “What an ass,” Kumiko mumbled making Sasuke and Naruto laugh.
“Wait can we take a break?” Yoshi’s voice asked as he stumbled in the sand.
“You just had time for a break,” Kumiko smirked and Yoshi looked up at her wide-eyed.
“But…I was,” Kumiko gave Yoshi a look of ‘I told you to rest’ “Never mind, I’m coming.” He saw Sakura and glared. “How weak” Naruto was about to punch him but before he had the chance Kumiko quickly punched him in the jaw sending him through a sand doom. She walked over to Yoshi picked him up by his collar and threw him in the sand while she tried not to worry Sakura.
“I don’t care how much of a friend you are to me but my new friends are more important then you, because they can’t defend themselves, Insult them again Yoshi and I will Let Gaara KILL YOU,” she yelled the last part so seriously Naruto and Sasuke froze as Yoshi glared at her with hate.
“I don’t understand you, putting Leaf Genin over your old teammate?” Yoshi asked making Kumiko gently place Sakura on the ground and putting the umbrella to keep the sun off her.
“If you haven’t noticed things have changed, I am no longer as strong as I used to be, our team has split up both Nicko and Nori betrayed us, this is my new team, they are my friends as well, If you want to continue being my friend than knock it off!” Kumiko stated this right in Yoshi’s face making him angrier by the second.
“As far as I know we’re no longer friends,” Yoshi spat as Kumiko stood with disbelief. Her eyes looked towards the ground and her face was pure shock. Nothing was more important to Kumiko then the ones she cared about and now one of the people she cared a lot about no longer wanted to be associated with her. Sasuke looked at Kumiko shocked at how heart broken she looked as Naruto walked over to her.
“Kumiko,” Naruto whispered leaving Sasuke to hold Kakashi by himself. Yoshi glared at Naruto as Kumiko looked like an emotionless figure. A tear started to streak down her face, as she was about to punch Yoshi. Naruto jumped in and hugged Kumiko before she could do anything.
“Na..ruto?” Kumiko whispered really upset.
“I’m still your friend Kumiko, I will never do that to you, we won’t ever stop being friends,” Naruto calmly said.
“Thank you,” Kumiko said putting on a fake smiled, “We should finish this mission.” Naruto walked back to Sasuke. “As far as I am concerned I am no longer your friend either Yoshi.” Kumiko shakily stated picking up Sakura and placing her on her back. Kumiko hid her face and continued to walk.
Chapter 15 Arrival: Volcano village by naomi_sama
-----Kumiko-----

All the rest of the way through the desert Kumiko felt just like when she found out Nicko was a trader, hurt and broken. Gaara even came to cheer her up when they took a break but he understood how hurt she was.
“Gaara, I officially only trust you from Wind Country,” Kumiko sighed leaning against Gaara under the bamboo shade.
“I don’t blame you,” Gaara answered looking over at the exhausted four and the unconscious Sensei.
“Gaara I have a strange feeling I’m going to have to fight Yoshi,” Kumiko sighed making Gaara look down at her shocked. “I’m not ready,” she choked.
“You will beat him,” Gaara said standing, “If you don’t I’ll kill him for you.” Gaara moved his hands and the ground under the group shook. “I’m taking you to the edge of the desert, you’re going to be out of water soon.”
“But you’re Chakra,” Kumiko protested, Gaara moved the sand that the group was sitting on over the desert. When they reached the edge of the forest Gaara was drained of Chakra. “Gaara, have half of my Chakra,” Kumiko offered making her hands glow white and putting them on Gaara’s face. Gaara looked shocked at how Kumiko preformed this but when it was over he had enough chakra to get him home.
“Kumiko, be very careful, If our suspicions are correct your fight with Yoshi will be dangerous,” Gaara advised and Kumiko nodded. When Gaara left Kumiko picked up Sakura and threw Kakashi on her back.
“Kumiko are we almost there?” Naruto tiredly asked as he and Sasuke braced themselves on each other.
“Almost Naruto then we can rest for as long as you want,” Kumiko smiled but when she looked forward Kumiko saw Yoshi looking at her so it turned into a glare. “And the mission will be complete.”

After climbing up the mountain and hitching a ride from some kind farmer the group of six made it to the main gates of Volcano Village. Kumiko walked in and was greeted by the villager.
“We finally made it,” Sasuke sighed falling over with Naruto.
“Please you brought the heir of the Jioron family back,” the head of the village said as he lead the three ninja to a hotel, “I’m sorry but all we have to offer is this one room.”
“Thank you very much anyway,” Kumiko bowed helping Naruto and Sasuke into the room. She put Sakura on the bed Sasuke on a chair and Naruto on the couch while she sat asleep at the window with a blanket. Kakashi was unconscious but Kumiko before hand had laid him in the bathtub.

------Sasuke-------

”what? How did I get to a hotel?” Sasuke thought looking around when he noticed Kumiko at the window and Naruto sleeping on a couch. “And how comes he gets the couch?” Sasuke asked standing. He noticed Sakura was asleep in the bed “Sakura, where is Kakashi?” He went over to the fridge and saw a ton of food and made himself a huge dinner. Sasuke was about to put it on the table but noticed Kumiko. “I wonder how long she carried Sakura and Kakashi, she looks like she has no chakra.”
“That’s because she doesn’t have any Chakra,” Yoshi’s voice called from the doorway. Sasuke spun around and got into a fighting position.
“What are you doing here?” Sasuke demanded making Yoshi look down at him and smirk.
“I came to see Kumiko, but it seems that she is sleeping like usual,” Yoshi snickered.
“Well then you have no business to be here,” Naruto growled appearing next to Sasuke. “Your friendship with Kumiko is over so she doesn’t want to see you.”
“Oh so you heard that,” Yoshi smirked, “Fine I’ll just knock you unconscious and talk to her then.” Yoshi picked up Naruto ready to strangle him when a voice was heard.
“Put my student down,” the three looked over to see Kakashi starring right at Yoshi. He was soaking wet with a glare on his face.
“Oh Kakashi you’re recovered,” Yoshi smirked.
“Yes now since your family runs this village don’t you have to go get ready for the festival?” Kakashi asked walking up next to Yoshi.
“Guess you’re right,” Yoshi smirked setting Naruto down. “You are all invited to the festival by the way, you brought me home so it’s the most I can do.” Yoshi left and Sasuke slammed the door.
“Ass,” Kakashi sighed, “So who brought me and Sakura out of the Desert, we are a day ahead of schedule.”
“Kumiko brought both of you, she was in a huge fight with Yoshi though and I think she wants to kill him.” Sasuke smirked looking over at Kumiko.
“Well she hates him because he is an Ass to her,” Kakashi smiled making Naruto laugh and Sasuke smirk, “What’s so funny.”
“Sasuke said he was an Ass first now everyone is agreeing,” Naruto tried to explain. “Oh Sensei why are you all wet?”
“I see, I hate ninja like him,” Kakashi looked down and shook his head. “The only way to cure mind control is to take a bath in hot springs, Kumiko set the bathtub timer” Kakashi said walking into the second part of the room, which was a closet and bathroom. “Yoshi preformed a mind control tequniuce but as you can see it failed.”
“I thought you were poisoned?” Sasuke asked crossing his arms and cocking an eyebrow.
“I was but she fixed that with a damp cloths on my head,” Kakashi smiled making Naruto scratch his head confused.

---Kumiko-----

Kumiko lazily woke up stretched then remembered where she was, ”So this is the accommodations at Volcano Village?” Kumiko asked herself standing and stretching. “I really should go train,” Kumiko yawned and walked out of the room shutting the door.
“Glad to see you’re awake Kumiko,” Yoshi’s voice said.
“Get away from me,” Kumiko waved her hand.
“Please Kumiko won’t you listen to me?” Yoshi begged as they walked around the city.
“We are no longer friends I want nothing to do with you,” Kumiko stated making Yoshi look confused.
“That was the desert talking not me, please I was delirious,” Yoshi pleaded.
“No,” Kumiko simply said walking. Sakura greeted her at the door looking healthier and her usual self.
“Hey Kumiko,” Sakura smiled and Kumiko smiled back.
“Please Kumiko,” Yoshi asked out of nowhere as Kumiko went to the hotel door.
“Damn it Yoshi we are no longer friends, that means I don’t want to see hear or even speak to you.” Kumiko seriously said making Sakura look very confused.
“You were once friends with him?” Sakura asked confused, “I thought you just met him on the mission.”
“No I was friends with him since I was ten but now I have had it, he doesn’t want to be my friend than forget him,” Kumiko growled opening the door. Sakura walked in and Kumiko slammed the door on Yoshi’s face.
“Sakura you’re ok!” Naruto cheered running over to Sakura. “I thought you were still sleeping.”
“I’m fine, weren’t you worried Sasuke?” Sakura asked and Sasuke looked over with confusion.
“Kumiko had everything under control,” he answered.
“So this festival don’t you think it’s ironic that it’s the day after we bring Yoshi back?” Kakashi asked. “We should dress up to blend in.”
“Yes,” Kumiko said as she walked into the closet, she pulled out some cloths and threw them at the boys.
“What are these?” Naruto asked confused pulling up the mineral that was pink.
“That would be pink Naruto a color off of red,” Kumiko smiled making Naruto laugh. “No those are for Sakura unless you want to wear them.”
“Thanks Kumiko,” Sakura laughed.
“Why did you give them to Sakura I thought you we’re dressing up?” Sasuke asked looking at what he had to wear.
“I am, I’m not wearing pink though,” Kumiko said pulling out some blue material. “Or a dress.”
“Then what are you wearing?” Kakashi asked confused. “Are you going?”
“Of course I am going, but you won’t know it,” Kumiko smirked pulling a dog mask over her face. ”Hey Sakura want to go to the hot springs?”
“Yay,” Sakura jumped up as Kumiko started to leave.
“See you at the festival,” Kumiko waved with a smirk.

----Hot Springs---

“Kumiko how did you find out about this place?” Sakura asked as the two of them relaxed in the springs.
“I saw them on the way to the hotel,” she answered as she closed her eyes.
“So how do you know Yoshi again?” Sakura asked confused.
“I knew him because he was in the first group I ever had a Sensei with, he is strong but thinks he is the best and complements nobody, He never even offered to help in the desert.” Kumiko growled making a fist.
“Well he can’t be all bad can he?” Sakura asked looking at the sky.
“You don’t know Yoshi too well, besides you were unconscious throught the desert,” Kumiko stated making Sakura cross her arms.

-----Festival-----

Kumiko wore her cloths and the mask but pulled on a poncho so it looked like she was dressed for the festival. She walked on the streets of the village looking like everyone else, when she noticed at the top of the city sat Yoshi in dress cloths. ”When they said heir of the family they weren’t kidding,” she thought.
“Now everyone the heir of the Joiron family has return and on the day of out festival,” the head of the village cheered and the villagers did the same. “He is now a true ninja leaving and returning with this,” the man held up a headband, it had the symbol of sand on it. “He is now able to get married and continue to protect the village like his father so many years ago!” The villagers cheered once again.
“Thank You,” Yoshi said standing, “I am now fifteen of yesterday and at midnight I will tell you who I am to be bestrode to and take my bride to her new home.” Yoshi said making the entire crowd cheer. “I may only be fifteen, but I will make my family name proud.”
“What a liar,” Kumiko snorted and walked around

---Naruto-----

“I bet Kumiko doesn’t know what she’s missing,” Naruto slurped. He quickly found the Ramen shop and decided to stay there the entire festival.
“Hey you’re the ninja who brought Master Yoshi back right?” a boy in a costume asked.
“So what if we were?” Naruto boasted making Sasuke roll his eyes.
“Well just to let you know he is taken the Spiral ninja to be his bride,” the guy said taking off his hood.
“Who is this spiral ninja?” Sasuke asked looking at this black haired boy with curiosity.
“They are said to be a ninja who posses a power to use an opponents weapons and Jutzu against them, the reason this particular ninja posses this ability is because they have an advanced blood line.” The boy explained striking Sasuke’s interest and Naruto annoyed.
“So how would you know about the spiral ninja?” Naruto blurted.
“I fought them,” he simply answered, “Besides we used to have the same Sensei until she left.” He said as he disappeared.
“Insane,” Naruto sighed.
“There is no advanced bloodline which can do that is there Kakashi Sensei?” Sakura asked looking over at Kakashi who was reading.
“Sorry Sakura I wasn’t listening, but don’t listen to him he was probably trying to scare you.” Kakashi chuckled looking back at his book
Chapter 16 Marriage of Deception by naomi_sama
---Kumiko---
“I have found nothing out so I know Gaara and I were wrong,” Kumiko sighed and was about to walk to the Ramen shop where she knew the others would be when silence swept thought the crowd.
“Everyone it is officially midnight, the master will choose his bride and bring great honor to her family.” The village leader called. “Who do you choose?”
“Hmmm…it was a tuff decision but I have decided to take,” Yoshi did a dramatic pause.
“He is such a baka,” Kumiko sighed and started walking again.
“Hatake Kumiko as my bride,” Yoshi sated making everyone look around. Kumiko turned around in pure shock, as a ninja star flew at her and knocked her mask off.
“NO!” Kumiko yelled shaking.
“Please Kumiko stop being so stubborn,” Yoshi laughed.

-----Naruto----

“So Sakura aren’t you upset Yoshi is getting married?” Naruto asked and Sakura shook her head no.
“I am over him, apparently he wants Kumiko,” Sakura smiled.
“I thought you being her friend would stand up for her Naruto,” Sasuke said making Naruto look at him confused. “Sakura said Yoshi can have Kumiko.”
“No Kumiko doesn’t even like him, if she was going to marry someone it wouldn’t be an ass,” Naruto stated making Sasuke look back at his bowl of Ramen.
“I choose my Bride to be,” everyone paused and Naruto slurped more Ramen. “Kakashi Kumiko as my bride.”
“WHAT!” Kakashi yelled dropping his book.
“He can’t!” Sasuke yelled annoyed.
“NO!” Kumiko’s voice yelled making Naruto stand.
“He can’t marry her, she doesn’t want to get married!” Naruto yelled.
“Not to mention he doesn’t have her fathers permission, he is going to be so mad if she marries him.” Kakashi yelled running towards where Yoshi was standing.
“LET ME GO!” Kumiko yelled as the group helplessly watched her being taken up to where Yoshi was sitting.
“My bride and I will be at my home, please no disturbances,” Yoshi laughed as the guards pulled Kumiko through the crowd.
“Dad!” Kumiko said when she saw Kakashi. She would have beaten them up if she wasn’t sick, but she overworked herself too hard.
“Kumiko!” Kakashi yelled jumping in and beating up the men carrying her.
“No that won’t be necessary,” Yoshi laughed as lava came and surrounded Kakashi. “My bride and I are going.”
“Bastard!” Kumiko yelled as Yoshi placed a tag on her forehead making her unable to speak and move her arms.
“Glad that you think of me like that,” he chuckled kissing her on the lips. Sasuke and Naruto ran over to see Yoshi kiss Kumiko.
“Get Away from her!” Naruto yelled charging at Yoshi, “Shadow Clone Jutzu!” about ten Naruto clones surrounded Yoshi and Kumiko.
“Hn, you against me,” Yoshi smirked taking out each of the clones because he had no time to waste. As Yoshi was occupied with Naruto Sasuke ran over to help Kumiko out but before he got to close Yoshi punched him in the head.
“No!” Kumiko tried to yell but it didn’t work. Sasuke threw a kunai knife at the tag scratching the lettering.
“Though it’s been fun little Genin I must go,” Yoshi laughed picking up Kumiko. He ran into the forest but not before surrounding the boys with the same Jutzu as Kakashi. Yoshi didn’t carry Kumiko too far before he dropped her on the ground. “Are you ready?” Yoshi asked pulling out a knife.
“No,” Kumiko said as she did hand signs and cut her finger with her fingernails making her hand bloody once more.
“Shit what is this?’ Yoshi asked as dog bit his legs. One of the dogs cut Kumiko’s tags with a knife.
“I KNEW YOU WERE A TRADER JUST LIKE THEM!” Kumiko yelled punching Yoshi in the head. He broke free of the dogs’ grip and ran to the forest. “DON’T THINK YOU ARE GETTING AWAY!” Kumiko yelled as she followed him.
“Molten Whip Jutzu!” Yoshi called creating a whip of Magma and swinging it around Kumiko. “Well I knew you had a hunch but Gaara probably made you totally believe,” Yoshi laughed. Kumiko was getting burnt pretty bad, and she was unable to move so Yoshi thought it would be fun to mess with her head. “You probably didn’t even tell your team yet that you are not what you appear.”
“What are you talking about?” Kumiko asked trying to get free.
“Those Genin, they know nothing about your past, they don’t even know your true capabilities,” Yoshi laughed making Kumiko more and more angry. “You will eventually surpass them in everything because of what is in your blood, they believe you are just a normal ninja who was picked up by that Jornin.”
“You don’t even know who that Jornin is,” Kumiko growled moving her hands.
“You may be a famous ninja because of your mother but you are nothing compared to her she has the real name of Spiral Ninja.” Yoshi smirked and Kumiko’s eyes changed purple as chakra exploded out of her arms, breaking free.
“Shut up,” she yelled punching Yoshi right in the face. He flew into the trees and quickly stood up.
“Did I hit an anger spot? Your true power is showing,” Yoshi snickered as Kumiko glared at her with the Phyrith. “You didn’t want to believe I was bad, you thought I was good inside,” Yoshi laughed again and Kumiko run up kneeing him in the stomach. He spat up some blood and looked up at her, “You wanted your gut to persuade your heart but you still care for me.”
“No,” Kumiko stopped her fist right in front of Yoshi’s eyes. “There you are wrong, I wanted to make my heart believe my mind.” She slammed him into the ground.
“What?” Yoshi asked getting up.
“I wanted to keep you as a friend I made a promise to kill Nicko for you, but tat promise is no more” Kumiko paused and looked up at the volcano, which smoked. “So you were waiting for me to come here so you could kill me with the volcano.”
“Very good, but as you see I never got to interfere because that stupid Jornin interfered.” Yoshi laughed. “But the thing is Nori wants you dead I really do want to marry you but Sensei’s orders.”
“Yoshi, my attacks have been to Vidal organs how hard is it to keep a bluff?” she asked as Yoshi tried to get up but failed. “You were always a good actor! That’s how you pulled off being unconscious for weeks!” Kumiko yelled slamming her fist into the ground creating a creator.
“Well I may be a good bluffer but I’m a great fighter with a sword, too bad that Nori had to hit you so hard, I wanted a good fight from the Little Spiral Ninja.” Yoshi complained doing a Jutzu. “Magma Sword,” Yoshi called pulling a sword from the ground.
“Sword fight you want?” Kumiko asked putting her hand on the chopstick in her hair. “You’re not getting one,” she smirked bringing her hand down.
“What?” Yoshi asked confused.
“You know I’m no good with weapon fighting that’s a training hobby, I prefer Ninjutzu and Taijutzu, baka, you expected me to give you the advantage?” she laughed and did a Jutzu she was working on. “Spiral Style, Swirling Kick,” Kumiko called as copies of herself appeared and ran at Yoshi, they spun on the ground as distractions and she jumped in kicking Yoshi in the head.
“How did you do a Jutzu?” Yoshi asked trying to dodge the clones.
“I am stronger then you think, all Nori did was make my determination stronger,” Kumiko explained as Yoshi got kicked into the air. She spun around and kicked him. He spun in the air towards the top of the Volcano.
“By combining a clone jutzu and a spinning kick, not bad,” Yoshi laughed running up the volcano edge, “I have a new trick as well,” he did a Jutzu making the Lava rise into the air, “Here Magma Style, Volcano eruption.” He called as the lava zoomed past Kumiko and grabbed her like a hand.
“Burning Lava!” Kumiko cried in pain as her arms burnt. She did a hand sign “Water Dragon Jutzu!” she called summoning the dragon she had always called.
“What a water Dragon?” Yoshi growled moving the Lava trying to dodge the water but it failed and the Lava was put out.
“Now for the one which is still being perfected,” Kumiko moved her hands across from each other as white chakra formed into a ball in her hands. She ran up to Yoshi and threw the ball of Chakra. “Avslutning!” Kumiko called. The ball went straight at Yoshi. She felt as if she was surrounded by something protecting her. She felt safe and didn’t care that she had just drained all of her Chakra.
“NORI!” Yoshi called as the ball hit him throwing him into the volcano mouth. Kumiko watched as the Volcano erupted into itself before she fell over.
“Still working on it, I have to learn how to control my Chakra,” Kumiko fell backward “If Mom can do it so can I.” Kumiko paused, “And Nori I will defeat you, my mother killed you once and I will make sure you are killed again and for the last time!” Kumiko weakly said before falling down the hill.

----Kakashi---

After jumping out of the firetrap, Kakashi looked around and saw that all the villagers were unconscious. The three Genin ran up to him and starred at the villagers as well. “Where is Kumiko?” Kakashi demanded and Sakura screamed pointing to the mountain. Lava looked like it was being held in the air, then it flew down the mountain.
“The Volcano is erupting!” Naruto yelled.
“No it looks like a Magma Jutzu,” Sasuke gasped, “That means Yoshi is planning to destroy Kumiko with it.” He yelled ready to run to the lava when Kakashi grabbed his arm.
“Kumiko can take care of herself, the villagers here need help,” Kakashi ordered taking his headband away from his covered eye. “I’ll find her, make sure all the villagers are safe,” Kakashi ordered jumping towards the woods. ”Her Chakra is still strong as long as she stops the lava flow she can protect herself.” Kakashi thought running through the woods. He stopped when he saw Kumiko break out of burning lava with a water jutzu.
““Now for the one which is still being perfected,” Kumiko called making hand signs and creating a large ball of Chakra. “Avslutning!” Kakashi gasped as he saw a figure of a woman in white with light purple hair and purple eyes.
“She looks just like Clara,” Kakashi gasped stepping back as he watched the ball of Chakra fly right towards Yoshi. The woman kneeled down and put a hand on Kumiko’s barley conscious face. Kumiko started to fall but Kakashi ran up and caught her before she rolled down the hill.
“Kakashi,” the woman said looking right at him with a proud smile.
“Clara?” Kakashi asked looking at the woman shocked. The woman just smiled before disappearing. “Kumiko,” Kakashi looked down at his daughter. She was still glowing a little white, but that was from her chakra trying to return.
“Daddy, I think I saw mom,” Kumiko said unconscious. Kakashi let out a sigh standing and walking back to the village.
“You did good Kumiko,” Kakashi said making a smile appear across Kumiko’s face. “You will become Hokage and live up to the name of the Spiral Ninja.”

---Naruto---

“Kakashi Sensei.” Sakura called looking over and noticing that her Sensei carried Kumiko in his arms. “Kumiko!”
“Kumiko!” Naruto called running over to his best friend. “Kakashi is she alright?”
“She will be fine after a long sleep,” Kakashi smiled.
“Why did Kumiko fight Yoshi?” Sasuke asked annoyed.
“They were friends remember, she said t in the desert, but since Yoshi was no longer her friend Kumiko fought him,” Sakura explained making the boys look confused.
“That will be explained once we are back home right now we need to get the villagers back to normal,” Kakashi pointed setting Kumiko down.
“What’s wrong with them?” Naruto asked looking at a blank faced man.
“They….” Kumiko weakly said making everyone look at her shocked.
“Kumiko save your energy.” Naruto said kneeling down to be eyelevel with Kumiko. She lifted her hand and with a smile placed it between Naruto’s eyes. He fell into a land of black and looked around. “Kumiko?” Naruto called confused.
“Naruto,” Kumiko’s figure said appearing next to him. “Ok to answer your first question you are in my mind, Second it is easier to speak to you like this and Thirdly the reason I can do this I will explain later.”
“Wow Kumiko this is amazing, so what were you trying to tell me about the villagers?” Naruto asked spinning around.
“They are under mind control, put them in the hot springs, Sakura knows where they are at,” Kumiko smiled and Naruto nodded.
“Kakashi said that before are you going to be a medical ninja?” He asked and she shook her head no.
“I am going to be a great ninja, maybe even fight you for Hokage,” Kumiko smiled making Naruto nod.
“How do I get out?” Naruto asked and she shook her head.
“Like this,” Kumiko touched between Naruto’s eyes sending him back to his own body.
“Naruto what happened?” Kakashi asked confused.
“You were both unconscious,” Sasuke stated and Naruto stood.
“Kumiko told me to take all the villagers to the hot springs and Sakura will lead us because she knows the way,” Naruto pointed to Sakura who was blushing.
“This way,” Sakura pointed carrying a villager over her shoulder and walking towards the hot spirings.

After fixing all the villagers Kakashi and the Genin were given money for helping but Kakashi denied saying the village could use their money to start their own defense line, Volcano ninja. The leader also informed them that they have only recently been under mind control when a strange boy with black hair arrived a few days ago. Kumiko knew who it was but didn’t tell her team only Kakashi.
Kakashi understood and bid a farewell to the villagers as he and the four Genin left. Kumiko slept most of the time trying to get over her loss of Chakra and the fact that she was still sick form training too much. Sadly as soon as she reached Kohona she was better and training but she took daybreaks instead of hour ones.
Chapter 17 Qualification by naomi_sama
----Kumiko---

“Sensei where are we doing now?” Kumiko asked bored sitting on the bridge. “All we have done are easy missions,” she sighed. After returning form Volcano Village she only explained to her teammates how she knew Yoshi. Sakura didn’t learn much about her but Naruto and Sasuke did.

----Flashback----

“Kumiko, is that why you are so much stronger you trained with another group of three?” Naruto asked and Kumiko nodded.
“I lost most of my memory on how to fight,” Kumiko sighed as the three Genin looked with pure shock. “That’s why I train so hard. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I knew Yoshi, I didn’t want you guys to be endanger,” Kumiko said holding her head down.
“It’s all right you have a reason to fight,” Sasuke stated making Kumiko look at him with a smile. “I know how you feel, I will b getting revenge on m person as well.”
“Ya Kumiko it doesn’t matter about your past, you are our friend now, you are always welcome here,” Naruto laughed giving Kumiko a hug. Kumiko smiled and saw Sasuke look at Naruto with jealousy.

-----End Flashback----

“Well I thought walking dogs were a good control exercise,” Kakashi smirked and Kumiko shook her head, “Well I have nothing else for today you might as well go home.” Kakashi smiled, “I have to go hand in a mission report.”
“Hey Sasuke want to train?” Sakura asked walking over to Sasuke. Naruto looked like he was going to rip Sasuke apart if he could but Kumiko knew Naruto could beat Sasuke if he wanted to.
“No I’m going home,” Sasuke mumbled walking away.
“Naruto calm down or you are going to look bad,” Kumiko whispered into Naruto’s ear trying to calm him but it didn’t really work.
“Come on Sasuke I can beat you with my hands behind my back!” Naruto yelled.
“I tried,” Kumiko sighed as she started to walk away.
“The only opponent here is Kumiko and she beats me every time,” Sasuke smirked “She has trained harder then me so I must train harder to beat her and you well let’s just say you have a while,” Sasuke snickered leaving.
”why have Sasuke and Naruto been so tense, what did Yoshi do to them?” Kumiko thought worried, was her team falling apart right under her nose, and so close to the exam. Kakashi wouldn’t tell her the date of the exam but she knew it was close. “ENOUGH!” Kumiko yelled eyes flaring. “You are teammates there is no reason to fight 24-7” she crossed her arms. Sasuke just walked away while Sakura followed and Naruto looked a little nervous.
“Kumiko your not mad at me are you?” Naruto asked nervously. The angry look on Kumiko’s face quickly changed to a small smile.
“No, how could I be mad at you?” Kumiko asked smiling, Naruto chuckled knowing Kumiko could never stay mad at him for long. “Besides even if I were you would do something to make me forget I was even mad.”
“Ya you’re right,” He smiled when a box came up to him with holes in the front. I followed Naruto as he walked next to Kumiko. “That’s not a very good disguise.”
“See that’s why he is my rival,” a boy’s voice said and the box tipped over to revile three little kids, a girl with orange hair out of control, a boy with glasses and dark hair and a boy who wore his hair spike and seemed to be the leader.
“Why are you all wearing goggles?” Naruto asked flicking the kids in the head.
“Naruto?” Kumiko asked with a confused look.
“You are our leader, and as our leader we decided to mimic the old you.” The leader laughed as they all fixed their headbands.
“Aww Naruto I didn’t know you were a leader,” Kumiko smiled and Naruto grinned with pride. “So these are your subordinates.”
“They need someone to look up to and who better than me?” Naruto laughed and the leader walked up to Naruto. He whispered something as the little girl walked up to Kumiko.
“Wow your pretty are you the ninja that was at class?” the girl asked.
“Introduction,” the leader yelled and the girl ran behind the boys. They set off an explosion of smoke bombs but started to cough. “To many explosions!”
“With the Sexiness of an Adult, Female Ninja, Moegi,” the girl said and the glasses kid jumped up next.
“I love assembling models, Udon!” he happily laughed. Lastly the leader jumped up getting his spotlight.
“The Village’s number one genius ninja Kohonamaru!” he shouted. Then together they yelled,
“Together we are the Kohonamaru Squad!” happily they laughed at there performance.
“Introduce yourself ninja!” Kohonamaru pointed at Kumiko, “Or prepare to feel our furry!”
“I’m Kumiko, female ninja of the Leaf,” Kumiko calmly stated making Moegi run over to her.
“You were the ninja that taught us in class weren’t you?” Moegi asked and Kumiko nodded a yes. “I knew there was a reason Leader was hanging you with you all the time, because you are his girl” she smiled making Kumiko blush a slight shade of pink.
“No Kumiko is my friend not girlfriend,” Naruto corrected.
“Can she play ninja with us too?” Kohonamaru asked looking at Kumiko’s headband. “She can teach us jutzu like she did when she came to our class.”
“We can’t play we are training,” Naruto growled, Kumiko was about to say something when Sakura walked over all depressed. “Wait you taught them jutzu?” Naruto asked confused.
“Am I really lower then…him?” Sakura asked Kumiko pointing to Naruto.
“Sakura, don’t listen to Sasuke,” Kumiko said and heard Kohonamaru say Sakura was Naruto’s girlfriend.
“What no!” Sakura yelled punching Naruto.
“Sakura!” Kumiko backed away, ”She’s upset at what Sasuke said, and she’s going to hurt anyone in her way!” Kumiko nervously thought watching her beat up Naruto and Kohonamaru. “Calm down Sakura!” Kumiko said standing in front of the now beaten boys.
“Kumiko I don’t want you to get involved in this,” Sakura growled as Kohonamaru stood behind Kumiko.
“Dude you should have picked Kumiko over her!” Kohonamaru yelled at Naruto.
“NARUTO!” Sakura yelled ready to kill him when Kumiko caught her punch.
“Sakura I said calm down,” Kumiko said with a serious expression changing Sakura’s angry one to a nervous one. Kumiko looked satisfied “I have to go,” she waved bye to everyone and started to leave.
“Where are you going?” Kohonamaru asked upset. “You need to play-“
“I’ll play ninja with you later when Naruto does how about that?” Kumiko smiled and the three kids had huge smiles on their faces. Kumiko didn’t even get to walk to far when she heard Sakura chase Kohonamaru and the familiar voice of a Sand Genin. “Here that’s-“.
“I hate midgets,” the voice growled, Kumiko’s eyes widened and she turned around to see a boy in black hold Kohonamaru, and a girl with blonde hair and a purple dress.
“Put him down!” Naruto yelled. Kumiko preformed shadow teleportation, and appeared behind the boy.
“Let him Go, Kankurou,” Kumiko said making the boy shiver.
“And who are you to tell me what to do?” Kankurou asked turning around, he threw Kohonamaru away and was about to punch Kumiko when a rock hit his hand, changing where he looked.
“Leave her alone,” Sasuke’s voice said from a tree. Kumiko clenched her fist at Sasuke.
“I can take care of this myself!” she yelled in her head when she heard the girl gasp. Kumiko’s eyes widened as she felt the familiar chakra come right behind her. “Gaara,” she whispered turning around slow. There upside-down next to Sasuke was Gaara. He had a look of pure hatred, towards his brother.
“Kankurou you are an embarrassment to our Village!” Gaara scolded.
“Gaara,” she smiled but quickly changed her expression when everyone looked at Gaara.
“What is your business here?” Sasuke asked annoyed at the sand Genin’s presence. The group were so fractionated and scared by Gaara’s presence they didn’t notice Kumiko disappear. She stood in a tree watching from afar as Gaara and Sasuke introduced themselves, and Naruto got jealous again.
“Then it is time for the Chunin Exams,” Kumiko said as Gaara, Temari and Kankurou landed next to her.
“Yes are you prepared?” Gaara asked.
“As prepared as I’m going to be,” she paused hugging him and his siblings gasped. Gaara didn’t push her away or change his expression when he returned the hug. When she let go she looked at Kankurou with anger, “Leaf Genin aren’t weak,” she glared “If you haven’t noticed I am one as well!”
“I’m sor-It was them they started it and I only meant they were weak!” Kankurou defended himself but didn’t realize what he said.
“They are my teammates,” she angrily spoke with her fists clenched.
“Nice one,” Temari chuckled making Kankurou shake.
“If there was no tournament I would have punched you right in the alleyway.” Kumiko said and Gaara grabbed her fist.
“Don’t waste your energy,” Gaara said and Kumiko took a deep breath. He was about to speak more when Sasuke looked up the tree.
“Kumiko what are you doing?” he questioned confused and shocked at the presence of Gaara.
“Meeting my fellow fighters,” Kumiko answered simply. The next thing she did shocked everyone except Gaara. She spoke in some sort of code. Gaara spoke it back and let go of her hand. Kumiko jumped down and Gaara and his siblings disappeared.
“What was that?” Sasuke asked confused. “It sounded like you were speaking in another language.”
“Nothing,” Kumiko answered walking next to Sasuke. “I was just talking about why they were here.”
“And why are they here and who is Gaara of the Desert?” Sasuke asked with curiosity.
“I can’t tell you that, you should ask Kakashi tomorrow.” Kumiko yawned. “You should get some sleep.”
”What does she know that I don’t?” Sasuke did a quick wave and left. “You’re right, see you tomorrow.” Kumiko’s voice trailed off.

---Kakashi----

“Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bacy,” Kakashi called knocking on Kumiko’s door.
“Five more minutes,” Kumiko mumbled and Kakashi laughed.
“Fine then I won’t let you get an application to the Chunin exam,” Kakashi laughed walking away. “Five, four, three, two,” Kakashi pointed to the door.
“I’m up!” Kumiko called running out of her room and to Kakashi, “I was right it is he Chunin exams!” Kumiko jumped up and down.
“Yes and it is your first year here,” Kakashi nodded, “so that makes you a rookie,” Kakashi smiled.
“A rookie?” Kumiko repeated. “That means I’m just like everyone else?”
“No you have experience and because of that you will be known as a fighter not a rookie.” Kakashi corrected.
“Thank you Daddy!” Kumiko laughed hugging her dad.

----Naruto----

“Kumiko how did you know of the Chunin exams?” Naruto asked as they walked up the stairs to deliver their applications. He held his high and smiled at his picture.
“I asked Kakashi, you guys really should ask more questions or you will never find answers.” Kumiko simply said when something struck her as odd when the sign at the stairs read third floor.
“Let’s go Kumiko I want to deliver this,” Sasuke said with a smirk. He opened the door and walked down the hallway where a bunch of Genin stood.
“Please let us through,” a girl with two buns on her head pleaded.
“You are kids just forget about the exam,” a boy said standing in the doorway with another boy, “Try another year.”
“Try another year, well let’s hand in our applications,” Sasuke said with a smirk.
“We are on the Second floor,” Kumiko said crossing her arms, “Why do you think they won’t let us in?”
“Yes Sakura you noticed this first,” Sasuke said making Sakura blush.
“Thanks Sasuke,” Sakura blushed more making Naruto jealous, “Ya so we have no reason to go through here.”
“That won’t stop me from fighting you anyway,” the boy said ready to punch Kumiko while the other boy tried to kick Sasuke. Kumiko caught the punch making everyone gasp. She looked the boy straight in the eye and shook her head.
“Transformation?” she stated quietly and lowered his hand.
“So you can see straight through it,” the boy laughed and Kumiko smirked.
“Come on Kumiko,” Sakura called pulling on Sasuke and Naruto’s hands.
“Coming,” Kumiko said letting go of the boy’s hand and following.

-----Second Floor----

“Who was that girl and she’s with Uchiha Sasuke,” a boy with purple eyes and dark hair tied at the bottom said out loud.
“They interest you?” the girl with the buns asked as they walked away. “Come on Lee,” she called as a boy in what looked like green spandex stood with a confused look.
“I’ll catch up I have things to do.” The boy said walking the opposite direction.

-----Kumiko----

“Let’s go before time runs out,” Kumiko sighed looking at the clock. “We have less then a half hour.”
“Kumiko you sound really excited, what’s wrong?” Naruto asked confused.
“If we don’t get our applications in we can’t compete,” she explained.
“Hey you Uchiha!” a voice called making everyone turn around. “I challenge you to a fight, right here right now.” Said a boy in green spandex a bobbled haircut and big bushy eyebrows. “I would challenge you but I would be afraid to ruin perfection,” the boy said pointing to Kumiko “I could see you also use Taijutzu.”
“Thank You” Kumiko blinked then asked grossed out “Who are you?”
“Rock Lee! The strongest Genin of Kohona” he said proudly jumping across from Sasuke.
“That isn’t true, he is bluffing,” Kumiko growled in her head but calmed down.
“Sakura,” he said turning his gaze to her, “I love you!”
“What Ahh no!” Sakura cried, “You are to unique form me, the hair the eyebrow the uniform it’s too much.”
“Wait I thought you liked Kumiko you called her perfection.” Naruto asked annoyed.
“She is perfection but not the one I love,” Lee explained making Kumiko really grossed out. Naruto wanted to fight Lee but was hit into the wall instantly, Kumiko ran over to him to help him up when Sasuke took out his Sharingan and tried to fight Lee.
“Naruto,” Kumiko called helping her friend up. “Sasuke is loosing,” she blinked shocked. ”I knew they would be good but Sasuke had no idea,” she thought as Lee was about to use a finishing move when strangely a pinwheel was thrown into the wall attached to the wrap around Lee’s hand.
“Who’s the Turtle?” Naruto asked coming to.
“What?” Kumiko asked turning around to see a turtle scolding Lee.
“Can turtles be Sensei?” Naruto stupidly asked.
“Not that I know of,” Kumiko said, “He is probably like one of Kakashi’s dogs.” Kumiko explained as they walked over to Sakura and Sasuke.
“GIA SENSEI!” Rock Lee called as a man who looked almost exactly like him appeared on the turtle. Kumiko blinked and next thing she saw were the two hugging and crying.
“Two men in Spandex, I’m officially freaked out now,” Kumiko moaned as the man disappeared.
“You must be Kakashi’s students, we are eternal rivals,” the Sensei laughed smiling as he appeared behind the four. “I hold a record of fifty wins and forty-nine looses.” The sensei looked down at Kumiko with a look of shock, “I didn’t know you were going to be here Kumiko? How long has it been? You’re finally going to be a leaf Chunin!”
“Huh?” Kumiko asked confused, “First I have this weird guy calling me perfection but now his weirder his sensei knows me? ” she thought confused.
“Last time I saw you was when you were an infant,” Gai smiled hugging her. Kumiko blinked still confused and was about to break free when Gai let go.
“Sensei you know her?” Lee asked shocked. “She is the one we saw at the academy?”
“Of course,” Gai laughed, “oh when you see your father tell him I am better than him,” he smiled and left.
“Kumiko what was that?” Naruto asked with a look of pure horror on his face.
“I have no idea to be honest,” Kumiko answered with a blank look. “Come on we have to get there,” she changed her expression and walked up the stairs.
“Guys in Spandex what is this world coming to?”Sakura asked Kumiko who shrugged with the same look of confusion.
Officially entered! by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
Took me awhile to update.
----Kumiko----

Kumiko pulled her teammates up the stairs when she saw Kakashi. They casually walked up to him as he smiled.
"Glad you could all make it, as soon as you enter these doors there is no turning back." Kakashi said and Naruto opened the door. Kumiko gave Kakashi a smiled and he gave her thumbs up.
"Oh Gai says hi," she stated before walking into the room leaving him with a confused expression. She got glares from everyone but she glared back making then looked past her and focus more on her team.
"You should go sit down," a man with gray hair and glasses said behind Kumiko.
"Hn," she simply answered, "Like I would listen to you," Kumiko said not moving. She was catching something from this guy something she didn't like.
"What's you name? I dont think I have met you," the man said and she looked over at him with a glare. "Not the social type I see."
"Baka," she simply answered walking over to Naruto. "Guys don't do anything to piss anyone off, these Genin will remember it and use it against you" she said as a bunch of Genin surrounded Naruto.
"Alright," Sasuke said when a girl with a long blonde ponytail jumped putting her hands around Sasuke's neck.
"Well Sasuke looks like your having a ton of fun," Kumiko smirked. Sasuke glared at the girl on his back and looked over at Kumiko with a look of pure revenge.
"Hello and who are you?" the girl asked. "Your not after Sasuke are you, because he's mine." She stated as Kumiko noticed Sakura looked at her with pure hate as well.
"That's Yamanaka Ino shes Sakura's rival," Naruto whispered in her ear. Two boys walked up, "The Fat one is Akimichi Choji, he is always eating" Naruto whispered about the boy with what looked like underwear on his head, "That is the laziest ninja you will ever meet, Nara Shikamaru, he thinks everything is so troublesome."
"Hello Naruto," a shy voice said behind Naruto. He and Kumiko turned around, to see three other Genin.
"Hey Hinata" Naruto smiled, "that's Hyuuga Hinata she is very shy" Naruto whispered in Kumikos ear.
"Well Naruto I'm surprised you got this far," a boy with a puppy smirked. Kumiko smiled at the puppy, it looked familiar, then when Kumiko looked over she saw Shino.
"Hey Akamaru," Kumiko laughed as the dog wagged his tail. She looked over at the last boy who she knew. "Hey Shino," Kumiko nodded and Shino just nodded his head. Kumiko looked back over to the one Naruto was introducing her to.
"That's Inuzuka Kiba," Naruto crossed his arms, "I wont loose to you Kiba." He snuffed.
"So who is this I don't think we went to the academy together," Kiba said sniffing around Kumiko. Kumiko stepped back with confusion when Akamaru jumped onto her shoulders. "Akamaru likes you." Kiba said as Akamaru licked her face. "Then that means youre a good person. Then I like you as well."
"This is Kumiko," Naruto introduced. "But Kumiko how do you know Shino and Akamaru?"
"No, I didn't go to school with you, we met when I was at the river," Kumiko patted Akamaru's head.
"Kumiko you have a way with dogs don't you?" Kiba asked and Kumiko just smiled.
"Oh so your name is Kumiko," the gray haired man laughed. "I would eventually find it and get a card for you," he laughed and Naruto held back a punch Kumiko was about to throw. The guy held a stack of cards out in front of his face when Kumiko was about to knock them out.
"That's all you are going to know for your stupid Cards," Kumiko snorted instead and turned "Nice to meet you but I have to get away before I hurt someone," Kumiko stated handing Kiba back Akamaru.
"Bye Kumiko," Naruto smiled as Kumiko disappeared. Some of the Genin there looked shocked while others glared where Kumiko was.
"Who is that?" Kumiko asked sitting next to Gaara.
"Baka," Gaara snorted at the man as he talked about him.
"There is something wrong with him," Kumiko growled, "If he doesn't watch himself he is going to be killed." She said and heard her name.
"He is talking about you," Gaara growled "I'll kill him." Gaara stood but Kumiko stood quicker
"I'll kill him," she growled but Gaara grabbed her arm, and pulled her down.
"Wait till the tournament, he will be the first to die," Gaara said evilly.

----Naruto----

"We haven't been properly introduced, I am Kabuto," The gray haired guy said looking down at his cards.
"What's with the cards?" Naruto asked as he saw the gray haired man pull out a deck.
"They have everything from maps to status of other fighters." The man smirked.
"Look up Kumiko," Ino said clenching a fist. "She's after Sasuke I know it."
"Kumiko, well she has been on every kind of mission including S-rank missions. Seems to use anything up her sleeve, and is strangely in Team Seven," he said and Kumiko's picture was shown on the card with Naruto, Sasuke and Sakuras picture.
"What she's in your group?" Ino growled at Sakura. Sakura smirked and Ino was about to scream at Sakura when she noticed all the faces starring at her. "Where did Kumiko go?" Ino finally said nervous.
"She isn't a rookie in this apparently, she knows some people." Naruto said and they all looked towards where Kumiko was sitting. They saw that all the Genin around especially the Sound Genin glared at Kabuto. Kumiko had a look of pure anger on towards Kabuto making him have to look away.
"She isn't very pleasant is she?" Kabuto asked. "I was half expecting her to knock the cards out of my hands."
"She just hates you," Sasuke smirked.
"Ya Hey don't talk about her like that," Naruto growled not liking this guy.
"Well it seems you know her best would you like to tell me about her so I can put it on her card?" the gray haired guy asked.
"No," Naruto and Sasuke stated together.

-----Kumiko----

"Gaara Remember how I always said Killing for a reason was stupid?" Kumiko asked looking at Gaara who nodded yes. "Well I have a reason can I kill him?" she asked and Gaara shook his head no.
"Are you really stressing out about this thing Kumiko?" Temari asked confused.
"No I'm just annoyed, talking about us if we're not there" Kumiko simply answered.
"We know what you mean," the only three sound ninja in the room said when a voice made them all turn around.
"Listen UP, there is no killing in this Exam!" a man, who looked familiar to Kumiko for some reason, yelled making everyone quite down. "Now the first part of the Exam is a written test, come get a number and sit where the number states!" he ordered as the Genin started to go get a number. Kumiko walked up "Good luck little Hatake," the man smirked making her smile and nod her head
"Thanks," she mumbled back sitting where the number told her. She sat in the front row with nobody she knew, which didn't really bother her considering most of the Genin were already sweating.
"The first Exam has a few rules, I will not accept any questions so listen carefully," the man stated making Kumiko swallow.
"Naruto please don't worry too much it can't be that hard," Kumiko thought as she felt Naruto start to get nervous behind her.
"First Rule, you are given ten and you are given, the test has a total of ten questions on it making each question worth one," the man said and Kumiko blinked. "If you get one wrong you lose a point."
"So if you get all them wrong you get a zero?" Kumiko thought understanding what was going on.
"Second Rule, The pass fail decision will be determined on your teams total points," Kumiko gasped while the man continued. "If you are caught cheating you will loose two points until you have no points left. Some of you will be leaving with your tests ungraded. Those who cheat without thinking carefully will hurt themselves." He paused and smirked, "If one on your team fails the whole team fails."
"What?" Kumiko gasped as she heard Sasuke and Sakura's voices.
"You have an hour to complete the test, I will give you the tenth question when there is only fifteen minutes left, begin!" the man called making Kumiko look down at her paper.
" How am I going to do this? I cant take tests?" Kumiko cried in her head reading the problems. Her hand started to shake a little so she put it on the table not to draw anyones eyes. "How am I going to this?" she asked herself.
Only about twenty minutes passed before Kumiko realized what the rules actually meant. " He said cheat carefully or it will hurt you, so this is an information gathering test, to see how your skills are! If that is the reason then I can try the Phyrith," Kumiko thought excited and blinked changing the color of her eyes, "To find the mind with the answers," Kumiko closed her eyes as an image of the whole room appeared in her head. She created a clone whose eyes looked around for anyone who knew the answers, quickly the clone found someone who wasn't hesitant as they wrote. The clone jumped into the person's head as its eyes turned into the person's eyes as she looked down at the paper. Kumiko wrote down everything the clone saw and when she was done the clone figure of her disappeared. Her eyes turned back to normal as she waited for the last question.

----Flashback---

"Hey Kakashi is she yours?" the same man who was giving the exam asked, looking down, at the young Kumiko, who stood holding Kakashi's hand.
"Yes Kumiko say hi to Morino Ibiki," Kakashi said pushing Kumiko in front of him. Kumiko just smiled and bowed her head.
"She's shy? Your daughter?" Ibiki laughed as Kakashi smiled. "When is she expected to become a Chuunin?"
"As soon as she passes being a Genin I think she will make Chuunin the first time she takes the exam," Kakashi stated as Ibiki looked down.
"Well then Hatake Kumiko, I will see you at the Chuunin exam," Ibiki smirked.

---End Flashback-----

"This guy is Morino Ibiki! Head of the ANBU torture and interrogation squad!" Kumiko's eyes widened as she looked at the man. He smirked at her and she smiled back. "That's how I know him and why we are taking this type of test, it's like a riddle I hope the others can figure it out." Kumiko looked around and didn't notice that she was the only one left sitting in her row.
"Now I will give the last question," Ibiki spoke looking at the few Genin who were left. "This is a difficult question but if you chose not to take it you may leave."
"What do you mean by that?" Kumiko hear Temari call confused.
"Let me finish, The Tenth question is the question that will change your entire lives, if you take it and fail you will be a Genin forever." He paused as gasped aroused from the Genin. "So choose weather to take the question or not."
"Naruto?" Sakura gasped making Kumiko turn around to see her best friend with his hand in the air.
"Naruto," Kumiko sighed Naruto looked right at Kumiko.
"No Screw You!" Naruto yelled looking at Ibiki. "I'm going to take this question no matter what and I'm going to become Hokage."
"Naruto!" Kumiko smiled as Naruto crossed his arms.
"Well in that case the tenth question," he paused and smirked as he saw Kumiko's happy face. "Everyone in this room" he looked around again and smirked, "Passes!"
"What do you mean we pass?" Temari asked confused.
"I'll explain it in simple terms, you chose the mission no matter how much danger and if your team was at stake" Ibiki explained making Kumiko scratch her head still confused.
"You went thought this much trouble just to play with our minds," Kumiko stated making Ibiki nod. "Very good Hatake."
"I knew that, wasn't it obvious Hinata?" Naruto laughed making Kumiko have to cover her mouth from laughing. She felt eyes on her and looked over to see Gaara who pointed to her desk. She looked down to see an eyeball looking right at her. She placed her finger on it and felt a connection.
"Gaara I'm, guessing this is what you used," Kumiko asked not moving her lips.
"And you were walking around minds?" Gaara questioned in their heads. Kumiko just smiled when the window burst and a black tarp appeared with a woman standing in the center. The connection between Gaara and Kumiko was broken do to lack of concentration and the fact Kumiko was still working on the Pyrith control.
"Wow a lot of people this year Ibiki?" the woman standing in front of the tarp asked annoyed. "No matter the next test is going to delete half of the teams."
Chapter 19 by naomi_sama
------Kumiko----------

"That was the weirdest exam I ever took," Sakura sighed as the group walked back to the bridge where they were supposed to meat Kakashi.
"How did you cheat?" Sasuke asked and Kumiko smirked.
"I can't tell you that," Kumiko explained.
"But why not?" Naruto asked confused.
"Because it's my secret," Kumiko stated as Naruto stuck his tongue out at her.
"Naruto stop acting like a child," Sakura yelled smacking Naruto over the head.
"They fight like a married couple don't they?" Kumiko asked Sasuke as she walked next to him.
"What did you use?" Sasuke asked and Kumiko blinked making her eyes purple. He double took assuring he was seeing correctly when Naruto walked up next to Kumiko. She blinked again changing her eyes back to blue.
"This is exam two at the Forest of Death," the announcer lady said. "Now since a large number of you passed the first exam, you will be split into teams of three or four, when I call your name come up here," the announcer lady said pulling out a scroll and whipping it into the air.
"What a show-off," Kumiko mumbled to Sakura. Sakura nodded when her name was called. "Wait we are already in these groups," Kumiko stated.
"Well it seems so, Now here are the rules, one, your team must collect two scrolls, your team may start with one scroll" she said pulling Scrolls out of her pocket which read Earth, and Heaven. "They will be taken from other players which would mean you will be fighting." She stopped as people started to talk. "Once you have two scrolls a location of the finish line will be reveled. All of your team members must cross the finish line, alive."
"Alive?" Naruto asked, "does that mean"
"Some may die here so your teammates are here to prevent that," the announcer laughed. "Now continuing, you may do anything you need to get these scrolls and half of you won't return from this forest alive. If one of the teams don't cross the finish line, that team fails."
"So practically all you have to do is stay alive," Naruto concluded and the announcer smirked.
"Now you will be sent into the forest and randomly dropped someplace all the same distances from the Ending point. Good luck," she smirked, "But before we start you need to fill out these consent forms so if you die I'm not held responsible."
"Consent forms?" Kumiko asked taking a paper, which was being handed around. "So it is assured we are going to get hurt."
"Correct now you have a half hour to fill out theses forms." The announcer lady stated leaving. Everyone separated leaving Kumiko by herself. She wasn't alone for long though because the stupid gray haired guy walked up to her.
"Well Kumiko are you still going to take this exam?" he asked she glared at him annoyed. "Oh I never introduced myself, I'm Kabuto."
"Well in that case what do you want Kabuto?" Kumiko asked with a fake smile.
"What are you going to do after you become a Chuunin?" Kabuto asked walking around Kumiko.
"Is he bothering you?" Gaara's voice asked making Kabuto jump.
"No," Kumiko answered as Gaara walked up next to her.
"We should go fill out the forms," Gaara stated taking Kumiko's hand. He took her to a tree where Temari and Kankoru were waiting.
"Kumiko that is an annoying guy," Kankoru stated.
"I know, when I fight him I'm not going to be easy on him at all," she said making Temari chuckle.

-----Kabuto-----

"I was expecting her to punch me," Kabuto stated going next to the other two in his group.
"Is she the one we are supposed to watch out for?" one of the men asked and Kabuto looked over at where Kumiko was reading the consent form.
"I'm not sure, she is a leaf Genin but she already made allies with the Sand Genin, also she is in the same group as him so be cautious." Kabuto ordered as the men nodded.

----Kumiko----

After the team handed in their consent forms Kumiko was given the scroll of Heaven. "I don't want to keep it," she stated handing the scroll to Sakura.
"Let Sakura keep the scroll," Sasuke asked confused.
"It's going to be obvious if I or you have the scroll," Kumiko said making Naruto come up right next to her.
"And what about me?" Naruto asked annoyed.
"You get to protect Sakura and the scroll at the same time," Kumiko whispered making a huge smile appear on his face.
"Thanks Kumiko!" Naruto yelled. When the group reached their point of entrance, to the forest, Kumiko waited ready to get started and end this challenge as soon as possible. She didn't like the fact that they had five days just to recover a scroll, which would only take her a few minutes. The hardest part was going to be finding the finish line.
"Go," the man at the entrance, said opening the gate. The three rushed into the forest like speed demons.
"Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, be careful I have a strange feeling something is going to happen," Kumiko warned her friends by telepathy. That was her favorite jutzu to mess with people's heads besides the Phyrith. Kumiko landed on a tree branch right next to Sasuke who had a look on his face that told her he couldn't wait to get started.
"Now we have to watch our backs constantly," Sasuke stated as they all sat on a branch. "Try not to get separated because someone may transform into one of us."
"Kumiko I have to go.," Naruto said walking to a tree.
"Hey do that behind the bushes!" Sakura yelled hitting Naruto over the head. Kumiko shook her head as Naruto left and walked over to Sakura. "Kumiko you should go make sure he doesnt get lost."
"Alright," Kumiko sighed walking towards the direction Naruto went. "Naruto? Where are you?" Kumiko heard something so pulled a knife out and throw it towards a tree. She didn't get anything so went to retrieve her red knife.
"Why is your knife red?" Naruto's voice asked Kumiko as she climbed to get hers back.
"So I know which ones are mine," Kumiko simply said and was about to grab the knife when a ninja star sliced her hand. She pulled her head back so it wouldn't hit her face.
"Dont touch that Knife!" Naruto's voice said and Kumiko looked over seeing two people from the Waterfall Village. She smirked at them and quickly grabbed the knife dodging more stars.
"Here Naruto catch!" Kumiko called throwing her knife at Naruto. It hit him square in the chest making him double take. "Where is the real Naruto!"
"Well you saw through that illusion," the Naruto figure asked changing to a waterfall Genin. "So do you have the scroll or not?"
"I'm not telling you," Kumiko stated pulling out another knife. All three of the waterfall Genin towards her but before they could reach her she fell over tangled in string. "What?" she asked looking up at the three who surrounded her.
"We knew a simple minded rookie like yourself would fall for something like that," the one laughed. The other two did the same until Kumiko turned to smoke and they were pinned to the ground with red knives.
"A simple minded Genin? Im not the one in the trap," Kumiko smirked taking a scroll from the one who seemed to be the leader. She put the scroll in her weapons pouch and walked away.

------Sakura----

"Where are Kumiko and Naruto?" Sakura asked as the dodged a huge snake. Sasuke looked like he had seen death and didnt want to continue anymore.
"It doesnt matter, were going to lose he is so much stronger," Sasuke stated looking at the man the two were fighting. He had long black hair and wore black tights under what looked like a yellow dress.
"Sasuke." Sakura cried trying to bring Sasuke out of his state of panic. "Kumiko, Naruto please come back soon,"

----Kumiko----

"No I got separated from them and it's only the beginning of the exam!" Kumiko yelled at herself, "My fault! They could be injured and the sun is about to set! How did this happen?" Kumiko growled at herself. The forest was huge, the animals were bigger then her there, she wasn't very tall to begin with, being she was still thirteen, but this made her feel helpless. If she was to get lost in the forest of death it may be her death. Kumiko though tossed aside her fears when she thought about her team. If Naruto or Sasuke got too badly hurt Sakura would have to be the protector. Sakura was a good ninja but if she was the only one left the boys lives would be at stake.
"Get it together Kumiko you will find their chakra," Kumiko told herself as she searched for Chakra. She felt like she searched the entire forest when the sun started to set. Kumiko looked up at the now dark sky about to smack herself when she felt Sakura's Chakra. "Sakura!" Kumiko whispered running at full speed towards the chakra.

----Sakura----

"Sasuke, Naruto please wake up," Sakura whispered feeling Chakra heading straight towards her. She pulled out two knives and stood hidden at the bottom of the tree she chose.
"Where is that little pink haired girl?" a rain ninja asked appearing where Sakura felt the chakra. The Rain ninja looked over where Sakura was hiding and drew a ninja star.
" He saw me?" Sakura nervously questioned as she started to shake. He was about to throw it when something landed on him making Sakura gasp.
"Get away from here," Kumiko growled as she sat on the Rain ninja. He tried to move when she picked him up and threw him into the river.
"Where did you come from?" the ninja angrily panted looking at Kumiko.
"That is none of your concern!" Kumiko seriously stated throwing a red knife at the man. It caught him right in the arm so he ran away in pain.
"Kumiko?" Sakura whispered looking at the figure that walked over to the tree. "How do I know its you, not someone else?" Sakura questioned holding her knife to Kumiko's neck.
"Hmm Hey good question," the figure of Kumiko smiled.
"It s you," Sakura cried hugging.

----Kumiko----

"Sakura calm down what happened?" Kumiko asked taking Sakura back to the tree roots where she was hiding. Kumiko noticed both unconscious boys lying on the ground. "Naruto, Sasuke," Kumiko paused, "It's my fault this happened if I wouldn't have followed the other Genin I could have been there to help them!"
"No it's not your fault," Sakura tried to change Kumiko's mind.
"What happened?" Kumiko asked pulling her chopstick out of her hair. She placed it in the ground creating a sort of shelter for them.
"Sasuke and I were looking for the real Naruto like you when this guy with a really long tongue started to attack us. He did something to us and played with Sasuke''s head. Sasuke was a coward he didn't even try to fight the man he even handed the scroll over to him so we have none." Sakura paused looking at the boys. They started to fight the man, Naruto was first, he saved Sasuke's life but the man did something to Naruto. Sasuke got back his courage then fought the man as well but in the end the man turned into a snake like creature and bit Sasuke on the neck."
"A snake?" Kumiko asked making sure she was hearing correctly. Sakura nodded and Kumiko went over to see Sasuke's neck. "This isn't good," Kumiko thought looking at the three comma mark on Sasuke's neck.
"What kind of seal is it do you know? Sasuke has a fever and wasn't breathing right a while ago." Sakura explained making Kumiko look down with confusion.
"All I know is that it's a cursed seal," Kumiko explained. She pulled the scroll of heaven out of her weapon pouch and handed it to Sakura. "All I know is that we need to finish and get Sasuke to Kakashi."
"Where did you get that scroll?" Sakura gasped looking at the scroll Kumiko was holding.
"I wasn't gone for no reason," Kumiko stated. "I knew this would be dangerous so while I was separated I thought I might get something to ring back. Sadly the only one I could find was this one."
"That is ok the man burnt our other one." Sakura sadly stated.
"I'll go get some food you wait here, oh don't worry nobody can break through this bamboo it is made of chakra." Kumiko reassured before jumping into the shadows.
As she ran through the blackness trying to detect any sign of food Kumiko noticed the sweet smell of fruit. Jumping out of a trees shadow she noticed light pink almost orange fruit. "That looks ok," Kumiko thought running up the tree and picking one of the fruits. She felt it and pulled out a knife slicing some skin off. "It's safe to eat, if the inside wasnt yellow then it would be poisonous," Kumiko smiled setting the fruit down and watching as a bunch of bugs crawled to it. She noticed they ate it so she picked a bunch more. Kumiko had enough fruit for everyone to eat when Chakra felt really close.
"Kumiko," a voice called and Kumiko quickly turned around.
Chapter 20 Find the finish line by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
:P
---Kumiko-----

"Shino?" Kumiko blinked as she looked at the guy standing right in front of her. "Is something wrong?"
"Actually something is, the sound ninja are looking for your team, and they want to capture something from you." Shino explained making Kumiko's face show a look of shock.
"Thank you," Kumiko said regaining herself, she looked at Shino, "What can I do to repay you?"
"You saved the life of one of my bugs I was just repaying you, you are highly respected to me Kumiko," Shino said and Kumiko nodded.
"Shino I respect you as well, you are a friend of mine even if we don't know each other well you have shown me respect by warning me of what the Sound Ninja planed." Kumiko stated making Shino nod.
"Thank you Kumiko, cross the finish line," he said before leaving.
"Bye," she smiled and jumped back into the shadows.
Sakura sat in the bamboo fort practically falling asleep when Kumiko returned with food. "Kumiko where did you find this?" Sakura tiredly asked looking at Kumiko. She noticed how tired Kumiko looked but continued to smile.
"It doesn't matter when they wake up they will have something to eat. You should sleep I'll watch for the night," Kumiko said walking towards the bamboo. She used the shadows to climb the tree so she wouldn't be noticed. Finding a good spot to keep watch Kumiko noticed three other Chakra's close by. "The ninja from the village of sound, Shino said they are planning something, I'm not taking any chances" she thought pulling a knife from her weapons pouch. Kumiko attached an exploding tag to the knife and threw it where the sound ninja were.

----Sound Ninja------

"Look there isn't that ninja the one who we saw with the sand Genin?" the only girl in the sound group asked watching the leaf Genin take out a Rain Genin.
"Well she is wearing a leaf headband, she is probably on the same group as that girl," one of the boys said smirking. He watched as the girl met the pink hair girl. "See they're on the same team."
"Then where was she earlier?" the other boy asked. The three watched as the area where the girls were was surrounded by Bamboo.
"She probably got lost," the first boy said making the other two look at him.
"We were told of a ninja that was going to take the exam for the first time then graduate do you think that shes it?" the girl asked confused.
"No, she couldn't be," the second guy answered. They were resting in the tree quietly until a red knife flew above their heads and into the tree.
"What was that?" the girl asked looking up to see the exploding tag, "Shit get down," she called as the sound ninja jumped out of the tree.

---Kumiko----

After watching her tag explode and the Sound ninja retreat nothing happened the rest of the night leaving Kumiko annoyed. "so one day just passed and we still only have one scroll the scroll of Heaven, we need the scroll of Earth but who has it?" The rest of the night Kumiko stayed still thinking about who may have a scroll of Earth.
When it was daybreak Kumiko jumped through the tree into the hideout where Sakura was taking care of Naruto and Sasuke. "Sakura you were up all night weren't you?" Kumiko asked looking at how tired Sakura looked.
"Yes Sasuke's fever wouldn't go down so I was worried," Sakura stated as Kumiko bend down to look at Naruto.
"You never told me how Naruto was knocked out," Kumiko stated looking at Naruto's face.
"The man hit him in the stomach with his hand, it was glowing," Sakura sighed switching the rags on Sasukes head. Kumiko was still confused she couldn't remember any Jutzu that would drain chakra like that. "Kumiko," Sakura asked.
"What is it Sakura?" Kumiko looked over at Sakura's worried face.
"You are almost completely drained of your chakra, you are in worse condition to fight in then I am," Sakura stated looking at how worn out Kumiko was.
"No Sakura I'm okay, I wasn't there to protect you guys when you were attacked earlier I'm going to be here to protect you now," Kumiko stated waving her hands so the bamboo separated. "Some of this has to come down, it has been draining my Chakra all night but it was necessary," Kumiko told herself letting light in. she didn't expect what she saw when the light came in.
"I knew she was on their team, she's sacrificing all her chakra to protect them," a boy said. His faced was wrapped except for his eye and he looked like he was wearing a coat of spikes on his back. Kumiko drew a knife when she saw the headbands of the three.
"Sound Ninja," Kumiko growled making Sakura stand and run over to the door. "No Sakura stay back, you are in no condition to fight them."
"You don't like your in better condition, your chakra is almost drained you probably dont even have enough to do one Jutzu," the other boy from sound laughed. He wore a yellow shirt and gray pants.
"If it's not just me I say you were afraid of that tag I threw at you last night," Kumiko smirked making the girl glare at her. The girl's hair was longer than her own with a bow tied at the bottom. She wore a light colored vest with gray camouflaged pants.
"That was you then?" the first boy asked pulling out a scroll and tossing it to the other boy.
"the scroll of Earth!" Kumiko yelled in her head.
"Well I'll fight you," he laughed charging at her. Kumiko ran towards him as well ready to do anything when she noticed his left arm had some kind of contraption on it. She jumped back when she saw that and threw a knife at it. "That won't work, it's made of steel," the ninja chuckled making Kumiko look wide-eyed. Then her ears started to ring, "Oh that's part of my attack as well."
"What?" Kumiko growled now kneeling on the ground holding her ears. She was surrounded by blackness "No get away," Kumiko's yelled at the blackness. She opened her eyes to find the girl ninja standing over her.
"Weak Genin," the girl laughed picking Kumiko up by the back of her neck. "Your hair ribbon is prettier then mine," the girl growled pulling out a knife, "I'll just get rid of that for you," the girl laughed ready to cut the ribbon.
"No!" Kumiko yelled spinning around and getting a cut straight down her arm. "Nobody touches my hair!" Kumiko yelled fighting with the girl. Kumiko got a bunch of good punches in making the girl tired as well as injured but she couldn't continue. Kumiko's body was out of Chakra. Kumiko got in a final punch sending the girl back to her teammates before collapsing.
"Kumiko!" Sakura called not moving.
"Just for that," the girl growled standing and walking over to Kumiko's body. "I'll kill you," she smirked but before she could do anything Kumiko was gone.
"No now you are going to fight me," a boys voice called from the trees.
"And who are you?" one of the boys asked annoyed. Sakura looked up the tree to see Rock Lee he held Kumiko in one arm.
"Lee what are you doing?" Kumiko weakly asked as Lee jumped down the tree and set her next to Naruto.
"Protecting you and Sakura," Lee smiled giving a thumbs up and walking to face the sound ninja.
"Sorry Sakura," Kumiko apologized, falling unconscious.

----Naruto----

"Kumiko!" Naruto cried shaking Kumiko, "Come on wake up."
"Naruto she isn't going to wake up like Lee did, she is out of Chakra," Shikamaru said looking down at Naruto. Choji did the same but shook his head.
"She's out cold maybe she's hungry," Choji suggested and Naruto shook his head no.
"Kumiko isn't hungry she needs to wake up," Naruto growled.
"Then why don't you try cutting her hair it worked when she fought the sound girl," Ino suggested as she cut Sakura's hair.
"Ino you just want to see how long her hair is," Shikamaru stated making Ino glare at him.
"Naruto why dont you just hit her in the head, that's how we got you up," Choji suggested.
"I can't do that to her, she will be really mad at me," Naruto mumbled when he had an idea. "I guess your right Choji Ill just punch her." Naruto smirked pulling his fist pack ready to punch Kumiko when a hand blocked his punch.
"Naruto what's going on?" Kumiko asked holding Narutos fist.
"Alright I woke you up!" Naruto cheered making Kumiko look with confusion.
"You were unconscious," Shikamaru said as Kumiko stood.
"What did I miss?" Kumiko asked yawning.
"Well Lee lost to the sound ninja when he came to fight, and Ino, Choji and Shikamaru came to help but they didn't do to well, then Sasuke saved the day with a strange Chakra." Sakura explained.
"Ino why are you cutting Sakuras hair?" Kumiko asked confused.
"I asked for a new look," Sakura lied as Kumiko nodded.
"Well I guess we owe all you guys a thanks," Kumiko smiled, as the rest got ready to leave. They left and Sasuke picked up a scroll on the ground.
"Well we have one more scroll to recover," he sighed when Kumiko pulled out the scroll she had.
"No now all we have to do is find where the finish line is," Kumiko corrected as Sasuke looked at the scroll. A holographic image of a tower appeared when he put the scrolls together.
"Hey I know where that is," Kumiko pointed at the tower. "I passed it yesterday when I was coming to find Sakura."
"Then Kumiko lead the way," Naruto laughed as he and her helped each other stand. Sasuke and Sakura did the same thing. They reached the tower before night fell passing the second part of the exam. Kakashi came and they were allowed to go home. Kakashi made Kumiko go to the hospital though, because of her wounds. He wanted to look at the seal on Sasukes neck.

---Tsunade-----

"Kumiko how is the Chununin Exam so far?" Tsunade asked healing Kumiko's arm.
"I think it's fun but my team is getting hurt all the time, Naruto had his stomach sealed for some reason and Sasuke got a Cursed seal on his neck," Kumiko explained making Tsunade look with curiosity.
"What did the seal look like?" Tsunade questioned.
"Well it looked like three commas in a circle," Kumiko explained making a drawing.
"I see well get some sleep you should be able to leave in a few days tops," Tsunade smiled as Kumiko climbed into a bed and was asleep as soon as she hit the pillow. Tsunade walked out of the room into the hallway where she met Kakashi.
"It's definitely the seal of Orochimaru," Kakashi stated making Tsunade gasp.
"That means he's returned to Konoha?" Tsunade said making Kakashi nod.
"I was expecting him to be after Kumiko as well as Sasuke, but she didn't use her Phyrith at all, so I'm assuming that he thinks shes weak." Kakashi stated making Tsunade nod.
"He is wrong with that one," Tsunade reassured looking back at the room Kumiko was in. "She will graduate this exam."
Chapter 21 Preliminary matches by naomi_sama
Author's Notes:
Most of you wanted to know how I'm going to do the chuunin exams with a four man cell, so here you go! *throws story at readers*
----Kumiko----

Finally released from the hospital by Tsunade Kumiko went with her group to where the other groups who passed went.
"Kumiko it seemed like you knew that woman, the way you talked to her and all." Naruto said confused.
"Yes I knew her, she was the one who made me want to use Tiajutzu." Kumiko smiled and Sasuke looked confused. "She is a Tiajutzu master and her strength is incomparable when in a fist fight." Kumiko explained making Sasuke nod.
"Well you have a long way to go before you are even at her level then, you use ninjutzu when youre in a tight spot." Sasuke stated.
"At least I don't rely on my eyes to win the fight," Kumiko snapped back with a smile. Sasuke crossed his arms and Naruto and Sakura looked at the two confused. Kumiko noticed how Sasuke clenched his teeth every time he moved his arm. "Sasuke did you let Kakashi see your seal?"
"No! Mind your own business," Sasuke snapped making Kumiko look with confusion.
"Kakashi can seal it so it won't bother you anymore," Kumiko protested.
"I said mind your own business Kumiko," Sasuke glared making Kumiko pause with shock. Kumiko resumed walking but now next to Naruto.
"Sasuke doesn't have a choice now, the seal will take over. I have to tell Dad" Kumiko thought looking at Sasuke.
"What's wrong?" Naruto asked confused.
"Nothing, I'm just excited for the exam," Kumiko lied making Naruto smiled.
"Me too I wonder what it will be?" Naruto laughed.
"Please get in a line and stand with the other Genin," A Chuunin said greeting the four. Kumiko stood in the front of the line with Naruto behind her; Sasuke was next while Sakura was last. They walked into a huge fighting arena where only the teams who passed the second exam were. Kumiko saw the Hokage standing in front of the groups with other Chuunin while the Jornin stood in the back. Kumiko smiled when she saw Kakashi, she saw Temari and Kankoru's Sensei, but as she followed the line the sound Jornin smirked making her spin tingle.
"What's with his eyes?" Kumiko asked looking back to the Hokage.

-----Kakashi----

"Kakashi looks like both mine and your teams made it," Gai smiled standing next to Kakashi.
"I am not surprised," Kakashi simply answered.
"You're a great Jornin no wonder you're a good rival!" Gai cheered making Kakashi look with confusion. He saw Kumiko look over so he smiled but when she looked away her happy face was changed with nervousness.
"Why did Kumiko just change her expression?" Kakashi thought when he noticed Sasuke. "I should seal his neck weather he likes it or not."

----Kumiko----

"Wow look only a few teams made it," Kumiko mumbled to Naruto. She looked over seeing all the rookie teams finished along with the sound team, Lee's team, Gaara's team and lastly Kabuto's team. She smiled at Gaara who crossed his arms smirking but quickly changed to a glare. Kumiko followed his gaze to see Kabuto was starring at the two of them. She glared at him as well then looked back to the Hokage.
"Now the third part of the Chuunin exam is a tournament to prove fighting skills, this" the Hokage said making everyone look waiting to hear more. "The last part of the exam is a one on one fights, this will be the preliminary match because of the number of you who passed this year, the real tournament is viewed by mostly heads of villages who want to see how their villages ninja are against to other villages. Important people will be there that is why the number of matches has to be brought down. The last part of the exam is a fighting tournament."
"A fighting tournament!" Sakura gasped almost falling over.
"A fighting tournament!" Kumiko cheered with Naruto. She and him grabbed each other's hands and jumped up and down like idiots. They stopped and got back in line when the rules started.
"Now names of the Genin will be chosen randomly to fight each other, the match will end when one is knocked out, killed, or I end the match declaring the winner," the judge paused, "the winners will go onto the next round while the losers don't, please take a spot up there." The judge pointed to the second floor viewing station lined with fence. All the other teams went up except Kumiko who looked up and noticed a blank screen where names looked like they would be displayed.
"Up," Kakashi pointed to the stairs.
"Are you going to take care of Sasuke's seal?" Kumiko whispered as they walked. Kakashi looked at Sasuke and nodded.
"I'll take him after his match," Kakashi stated making Kumiko nod. "Don't worry I'll see your match, I wouldn't miss my own daughter's fight." Kakashi said making Kumiko smile. Everyone walked up and got a spot to stand, Kumiko was next to Naruto on one side but Gaara was on the other side of the arena.
"I have to stay with my group," Kumiko mouthed.
"This is fine, I pity you" Gaara mouthed back so only Kumiko could see. He pointed to in front of her as Kumiko shook her head Sakura and Naruto were fighting over something and Sakura punched Naruto hitting her into someone.
"You should watch where you're going," the voice said and Kumiko looked up to see the boy with long brown hair and purple eyes.
"Thank you," Kumiko smiled as she was back on her feet. "I don't think we met?" Kumiko asked looking at him and the girl standing next to him.
"Neji, and Tenten," the boy pointed, "We're Lee's other team members."
"I see," Kumiko nodded "I'm sorry about bumping into you."
"It's alright you didnt do it on purpose did you?" Tenten asked with anger.
"No," Kumiko quickly answered making Tenten smile.
"I'm really sorry Kumiko," Naruto said rubbing the spot where Sakura punched him. "He didn't hurt you did he?" Naruto asked holding out a fist out towards Neji.
"Naruto you're embarrassing her," Sasuke stated crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.
"You're up fist Sasuke," Kakashi pointed to the screen Kumiko saw earlier.
"Great," Sasuke smirked jumping into the ring. He fought with another Leaf ninja, one who was on Kabutos team, and came out victorious by using a move called Lion Combo. Kumiko replayed the move in her head knowing she had seen it before.
"Lee isn't that the move you used on him?" Kumiko asked and Lee nodded.
"What's Kakashi doing?" Naruto asked confused as Kakashi jumped next to Sasuke.
"Probably seeing that Sasuke gets medical care or something," Sakura stated making Naruto nod.
Shino fought next winning his match against a sound ninja in the yellow shirt. Followed by Kankoru who won as well against the other member in Kabuto's team.
"That was the strangest thing I think I saw yet," Sakura said shaking her head.
"You should see his hand puppets," Kumiko smiled making Sakura laugh.
"This isn't the time to be laughing," Kakashi said appearing next to Sakura. He pointed to the board, "Your next."
"Against Ino-pig!" Sakura gasped, "I'll show her." Skaura stated jumping into the ring.
"Begin!" the announcer called as the girls fought. They were equally matched so they fought for almost fifteen minutes. Ino and Sakura were talking more then fighting and Ino cut off her long ponytail.
"Sakura, just keep fighting," Kumiko called as Sakura started to look weaker.
"This is their last attack you know, they are almost out of Chakra," Kakashi stated making Naruto and Kumiko look at each other. They quickly looked back to see the final hit, Sakura and Ino punched each other in the face knocking each other down. They tried to stand but they both collapsed.
"Sakura," Naruto sighed, "I knew you wouldn't give up." Kakashi and Ino's Sensei went to get the unconscious girls out of the ring. The placed them next to each other as the teams ran over.
"Amazing, their rivalry is what kept them fighting," Kakashi stated making Kumiko look down at them.
"I didn't know they were rivals," Kumiko stated making Kakashi look at her.
"You wouldn't know that because you didn't live here as a child," Kakashi stated as Sakura and Ino came back
"Sakura you fought so well." Kumiko complemented "I didn't know you were that strong."
"No I lost to Ino," Sakura sighed.
"No you tied which means you both are equal," Lee, correct appearing next to Sakura.
"That makes me feel so much better." Sakura weakly smiled and nodded. She watched the screen with everyone else as they waited to see who the next fighters were. Tenten the girl on Lees team fought Temari with weapons, but the fight was over before it started.
"Temari's fan is going to block all Tenten's attacks," Kumiko shook her head "This fight is over."
"Sand wins this round," Shikamaru sighed, "I Agree with Kumiko."
"How do you two know this?" Choji asked eating.
"Tenten's weapons even if she has great aim will be deflected by the fan." Kumiko explained. "That fan controls wind and mixes it with Chakra."
"Go Tenten!" Lee cheered but Temari beat Tenten in a matter of minutes.
"They were right!" Ino gasped.
"How was that?" Temari asked walking past Kumiko.
"An unlucky pairing," Kumiko simply answered, "Hope your next match is more interesting."

-----Gaara----

"Looks like Kumiko is up next," Temari stated looking at the screen.
"Against the man who she wanted to kill earlier, seems that she will get her wish," Kankurou smirked making Temari nod.
"She won this match," Gaara smirked, "He has no fighting talent."
"And if he does try to kill her you're going to step in?" Temari asked and Gaara kept his eyes on Kumiko. She didn't even seem to be paying attention.
"I won't need to," Gaara stated.

----Kumiko----

"Kumiko, your next," Lee snapped making Kumiko jump up.
"WHAT!" Kumiko gasped as she saw her name on the screen. "I'm next?"
"What happen to 'A fighting tournament'?" Sakura asked confused.
"Come on Kumiko you can take him," Naruto laughed and Kumiko nodded. She jumped into the ring and faced her opponent who was none other than Kabuto. All eyes were on Kumiko but she kept her own eyes facing her opponent.
"Awe Kumiko don't get angry," Kabuto teased trying to make Kumiko mad. "Don't worry I'll go easy on you," Kumiko narrowed her eyes angry.
"I'll beat you without my weapon, Kumiko growled pulling her chopstick from her hair. She threw it at Kakashi who caught it between two fingers.

-----Naruto----

"What is she doing?" Naruto asked confused.
"She wants to take him on without it to prove she's not weak," Lee stated starring at Kumiko. "What does she use besides her weapon?"
"Taijutzu, and Ninjutzu" Kakashi stated.
"Go Kumiko!" Naruto cheered.
"You can beat him Kumiko." Sakura cheered.
"Kumiko do your best!" Lee cheered adding in. "Show them what a real Taijutzu master does!"
"If I fail this make sure I train harder," Kumiko Telepathed to everyone.
"Harder you train hard enough as it is!" Naruto called.
"What do you mean she trains hard enough?" Lee asked confused. "A Taijutzu master can never train too hard."
"Yes they can, she comes to practice half asleep," Naruto growled.
"Gai sensei you were right she really is an amazing Ninja," Lee stated turning around. Gai appeared out of nowhere next to Kakashi.
"Of Course I would expect nothing less from her isn't that right Kakashi?" Gai asked and Kakashi nodded.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1420