Secrets: Bubbling Up by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Summary: The third Hokage always did like to do things in ways no one really understood or liked, but this time he may have gone too far- leaving three genin in the hands of a woman who could possibly tear apart the village and betray them to one of the most despicable nin in the history of Konoha. Worst of all, one of them is the junchuuriki of the nine tails, and another is one of the two remaining heirs to the Uchiha clan. Is this smart? Is this just a test of loyalty? And more importantly.. what happens if it goes horribly wrong?

--OC character loosely taken from previous Aches series (Aches has been taken down and is pending rewrite).--

--Will be updated AT LEAST weekly, if not biweekly--
Categories: OC-centric, General Fiction > Character-Centric, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Fluff (Shonen-ai/Yaoi), General Fiction > Naruto, Het Romance > Warned Characters: All
Genres: Angst, Dark, Drama, General, Graphic lemon, Horror, Romance, Spiritual, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark, Death, Incest, OOC, Rape, Sexual Themes, Yaoi, Yuri
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: No Word count: 17311 Read: 16625 Published: 15/06/14 Updated: 16/08/14
Story Notes:
OC character from previous Aches series (Aches has been taken down and is pending rewrite).

1. I, Enter the Pieces by AkatsukiLemonLover23

2. II, The Things We do To Prove... by AkatsukiLemonLover23

3. III, Patience and Grace are Virtues by AkatsukiLemonLover23

4. IV, Rescue Unappreciated, Sneaking around! by AkatsukiLemonLover23

5. V, First Impressions are the Least Important. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

6. VI, You're insane. I like it. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

7. VII, That Peach, Subtle as Always. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

8. VIII, Lingering Impressions and Lasting Results by AkatsukiLemonLover23

9. IX, Fuck you, Bridge Builder. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

10. X, Bloodthirst is Not a Good Character Trait by AkatsukiLemonLover23

11. XI, That Teacher, Cryptic by AkatsukiLemonLover23

12. XII Loss, Gain, It All Hurts the Fucking Same. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

13. XIII, That's What You Get For Waking Up In Konoha by AkatsukiLemonLover23

14. XIV, Training, Spying, Why is There No Communication? by AkatsukiLemonLover23

15. XV, Something Useful, Something Drunk by AkatsukiLemonLover23

16. XVI, God Damnit, It's Not Supposed to Still Hurt. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

17. XVII, What Hurts is You Can't Say No. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

18. XVIII, Jealousy Killed the Kitten, but the Cat Survived Longer. by AkatsukiLemonLover23

I, Enter the Pieces by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Welcome all. If you read my Aches series, I'm rewriting that one- but you will already have a gist of Momo. She's not the same in this one so don't confuse her. To you newcomers, she's quite the piece of work. This is basically the same as the series, character wise... for now.. only Kurenai isn't training any team.
And he whispered the sweet nothings into her ear, mere words muffled by his grunts as he thrust into her. Tears streamed down her face, caught by the cloth tied around her head, the cloth keeping the gag in place. It muffled her whimpers and sobs as he came into her, with a rough slam. His hands pushed her hips away from him and he let her fall to the bed again. His now growing limp shaft still leaked cum which he wiped on her blanket and stood. Her ass was red and bruising from his previous torments to it, his hands were his favorite things to use, as she found out quickly. The first thing he'd ripped off had been her pants. He was an ass man.

He tugged up his pants, shoving his flaccid cock into his pants then zipping them up again. “Clean yourself up.”

With that, she heard footsteps then the front door closing behind him. She fell to weak sobs before just passing out from the exhaustive pain she felt. The only thing to wake her was the light pouring through the windows in the morning. She struggled for several minutes to get free from the taut razor sharp wire to get free without further injury, but to be honest, she felt like letting the wire slice through her chest and arms, maybe it would cause her to bleed out. She stood, weakly, and stumbled to the bathroom. The sound of the water rushing into the tub as she filled it was a distraction from the thoughts, her weak body slipping into the water slowly. She whimpered, easing to a comfortable position due to her throbbing still ass.

Clean yourself up, he'd said. Why bother? Why not show everyone what she let happen. Who she allowed into her home, again. Why she was so quiet, so dull, so withdrawn for the past year. No. No one asked, no one deserved an answer. Let them forget her.

The water reached high enough and she turned it off with her foot. She pressed her hands together and did the seals, “Shadow Clone Jutsu..” she mumbled, and beside her appeared a quite... desaturated clone. “Clean up my room.” she said to it, and it nodded and went to do so. The noises of that kept her mind off of other things. When she slowly pulled herself to clean up, the doorbell rang. She looked up. A single flicker of fear coursed through her, which urged her to let the water drain and bundle in her thick plush bath robe before answering the door.

The ninja in jonin garb looked a little surprised by her appearance, “Starting the day late?” he asked, trying to let himself in.

She stopped him, looking up at him. “I'll be in when I'm ready.”

He squinted, “... Fine.” he said and looked around before darting off.

She closed the door and leaned against it before letting out a deep sigh. It was heavy and slow, as if she were trying to let out the pain she didn't want to deal with. But it wasn't that easy. She went to the bedroom again and pulled on clothes, then went to the bathroom and brushed her hair out before inspecting herself. A bruise on her cheekbone, higher up near her eye and hairline.

It stood out no more than the rest of her-- pale sickly skin that didn't tan unless she was subjected to burns so severe. Her hair was a deep lapiz lazuli with blood red streaks. Her eyes were a piercing silver and teeth just as sharp. It stood out in the crowd, certainly, but it made up for her short stature. That didn't reach above most Jonin's shoulders. That, along with a viciously sharp tongue, was evened out by her temper and lack of mercy or affection.

She looked away from her reflection and headed out as she slid gloves over her crystal hands-- the completely hiding most of her body. It was enough for one day. The first stop she made, as she always did, was to the drink shop for a nice hot tea, spiked with sake, to the owners innocence. After, she checked for any mail at the post center and from there she went to the Hokage's offices. She'd been on leave after a particularly rough mission investigating some dangerous things over in the Village hidden in the Sand.

“Good of you to finally show up,” the old hokage yawned, leaning back in his seat. The fellow ninja that help assign the missions looked up to her then to the hokage before returning to their work.

She shook her head, and gave a bow. “I'm ready for a mission, Hokage.”

He nodded, “I've got something extremely important for you, Momo.” He passed the scroll over, marked with a red sticker and an X on it. An exclusive mission only for the elite of the elite.

She looked to it and shrugged before turning away.

“And one more thing, Momo. You're going to be working with the up and coming Genin.” He leaned back and smiled watching her shoulders tense.

“Fine.” she said stiffly.

She left after that, hurriedly, so he wouldn't pin anything else on her. Momo met with the other Jonin downstairs, Hatake gazing lazily at the list on the wall with another Jonin, Kurenai. The list detailed how the up and coming chuunin were separated into categories.

“Well, well. You saved me a year of trouble.” Kurenai shrugged and left. “Good luck.”

Hatake coughed and straightened, keeping his distance from Momo. She inspected the list and squinted. “The demon brat..” she growled out, literally bristling. Crystal's laced up her shoulders, ice and sharp. “He's up to no good..”

Hatake smirked. “Look at the team I was saddled with.”

Her eyes fell to it, despite her not wanting to care, and she raised an eyebrow. Hatake had to deal with a dog and the failure of the Hyuuga clan. Still, she didn't say anything about it, backing up. “I'm going to kill him.” she said, and disappeared. The sooner she left and returned from her misson, the sooner she could fail the three and ship them right back to the ninja academy.

It took her all to not just slam the scroll into the trash and tear apart her apartment. The clone had since disappated, and the apartment was back to.. 'normal' again. She looked to the dozens of headbands hanging from her wall, none her own, and some from every village. There was one, there, in the center that was her own. A Sound headband.

Momo packed her bag, with anger, and left that very day, unrolling the scroll and reading as she darted from tree to tree. A month in the waste of the Village hidden in the Snow, combating frost bite all for the sake of gaining intel. But she wouldn't freeze- a heart of ice never froze. The Hokage chose the person for this mission well.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi sat with Asuma and let out a deep sigh. “I can't just sit by and wait for her to kill him.” he said in a dull voice.

Asuma looked over, “Nice to see you too.” he looked to the ramen set before him and waited for Ichiraku to go to the back before speaking again. “the Hokage aided in making the lists, same as usual, with Iruka. I know something's going to happen..”

Kakashi shook his head. “She shouldn't be anywhere near other ninja, let alone children. After what she did to Hayate?”

The mere thought of it made both of them pause and shudder. Nothing obvious, just a light shiver down their backs. Kakashi waved for Ichiraku, and ordered just a beef ramen.

“Well... We now just have to wait.” Asuma said, slowly breaking his chopsticks apart, and murmuring an itadakimasu, in thanks to Ichiraku for the meal.

“Wait for what?” Kakashi looked to him sharply, you could just feel the heated tension emanating from him. “Wait for her to snap again and hurt one of them? Kill the jinchuuriki and set the demon on the village?”

Asuma just shook his head and slurped up a noodle dangling down his chin. “Kakashi, you're biased due to what happened between you and here when she.. left the village. You can't hold the past against her. If we were to do that then you would be just as guilty of things as her.”

Kakashi slammed his fist on the counter. “She abandoned her team to die.” His voice was nearly a shout, but it was a cold tone and sounded far crueler. Unforgiving.

“You abandoned her to die just as quickly.”

Kakashi dropped some money on the table and left abruptly. Ichiraku, who'd stayed quiet up until that point, looked to the bowl he had just been about to serve. Truly, if ever there was a man to know all the secrets of the village, it would be him. But he was so loyal to Konoha, he would sooner die a Jonin death rather than share any of them with anyone.

“It's a shame, he wasted perfectly good ramen,” he smiled warmly, and set it down before Asuma. “Two for one, how does that sound?”

The nin smiled, “Perfect.” He slurped up some more noodles, enjoying the taste, even though the mood had turned bitter.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Iruka let out a heavy breath. He had been released from the hospital only a week and already was worn out. Constant bugging from the genin, namely one blonde brat, on when they'd begin training with their Jonin Sensei. The month wouldn't go by fast enough. He had heard the rumors, but when he saw the list he couldn't believe it.

He stood and made his way home, paperwork and such with him as usual-- already time to prepare for the next class of up and coming nin. The brat wasn't in his class again, which despite his loud protests whenever he was drunk, he would miss the kid. An orphan, just like him. Someone that needed someone to set him straight and guide him. Now he was in the hands of a complete psychopath that no one knew if they could trust her or not. Along with one of the two remaining Uchiha heirs..

It was going to be interesting.
II, The Things We do To Prove... by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Alright, I got a burst of inspiration-- this one is short for a reason, I swear to Jashin!, I'll be posting often this week! As you can see I will try to stick to something from my Momo, Kakashi, and the younger minds , at the very least. I like to keep it even :) . It's a slower start than I'd like, what with having to set up a few things-- insert evil writer laughter here, cue flash photo of GRRM-- but I'm sure it will be a great read (I hope). Thanks for reading!
Three weeks buried in her mission, she was huddled in front of a fire, staring at the flames as they flickered about. Three weeks of a fucking horrid snowstorm and constant looks of suspicion and lack of proper places to sleep. The only good thing was she'd be returning within the week and her mission would be, in any terms, a success. To her, however, it was boring and tedious and a complete pain in the ass.

There as a sound of crunched snow several yards away and she stiffened, immediately kicking snow over the fire and drawing her stout katana, but it was too late as she was ambushed by five nin.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

There all the other genin were, training and off doing minor missions. Then there was team seven. The only reason they hung out was because Sakura insisted they try to get to know each other more-- namely she wanted to know Sasuke. Naruto tagging along only annoyed her but he was a part of the team as well and to say against it would get her in trouble. So she just silently wished he'd get hit by a rogue kunai.

“Sooo.. Sasuke, What do you say we go get some dango!” she crooned, hugging his arm.

He eased away from her and scoffed. “I'm not hungry. I'm bored. I don't know why they saddled us with an absent teacher.”

“Goddamnit Sasuke, you prick, she's the weirdest ninja in the village! I can't wait!” Naruto shouted this quite loudly, and it earned him a good cuff on the ear from Sakura.

“Watch your language you stupid idiot!”

Sasuke snorted at that and brushed past them to continue walking.

“Where are you going Sasuke, wait up!” Sakura chirped, giving Naruto one last hit before trailing after.

Naruto grumbled and followed, watching Sakura harp over Sasuke, who was obviously not even interested. It annoyed him so much! He obviously didn't care about her, or anyone, one bit yet there she was harping over him! Ugh..

They wandered, and to Saukura's delight, did get dango, the rest of the day spent quite lax. That evening, Sakura dragged Sasuke off, ditching Naruto to walk home alone to his empty little home. Sasuke, near enough to his family compound, ditched Sakura, and she had to walk home alone too. She reasoned it was because he was tired. Of course! No way Sasuke would leave her to walk home alone otherwise.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The crystal monkey had appeared quite suddenly right in the lap of Kakashi, right when he was.. doing certain activities. It clutched a scroll, which it used to start hitting Kakashi as it hopped up and down. Kakashi had hurried to right himself before trapping the monkey in one of his shirts he had lying around. He immediately brought it to the Hokage, whom it was docile for and handed the scroll over to.

The hokage looked it over, giving a grim face before nodding. “Kakashi, I understand your team of genin need you but I need you and Kurenai to go Snow immediately and give immediate aid to a nin we have undercover.”

Kakashi's eyebrow raised in surprise, there were far more free jonin that could go, why him specifically? Still, he nodded and darted off to alert Kurenai and grab one of the two bags he keeps at the ready. The two departed immediately.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Momo made it to the docks, and hid amongst beggars seeking rides off from the country, or just work. She curled up in a ball under her torn cloak and closed her eyes, trying to distract from the pain. It was a conflicting feeling now, after all these years- was it enjoyable or was it painful? Was it something she wanted or should she try to fight it off? Regardless of what should happen, she had excellent control over it and didn't let it get the best of her. She couldn't focus properly to heal herself however, and was lacking two important appendages for such healing.. again.

The mission was still considered a success with the scrolls she sent off with several of her crystal creations to her home and to the only other person she could lock onto to reverse summons to. She, however, had unfortunately fallen to the consequences of being alone on a minimum three man mission. But she worked alone, so that would never happen.
III, Patience and Grace are Virtues by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
It's been mounting up to the team meeting their new sensei, and you may have a clue as to some of the stuff that will happen but trust me, it's going to be one hell of a doozy, hehehe. And also, sorry for no Momo this time around, but I don't think I want to spend time on her just sitting there huddled up and cursing the Hokage into the afterlife, ahaha!
The ship had been easy to secure-- a small dinghy sized personal vessel that could more than easily get them there in two days time. And time was indeed the key factor at the moment. Kakashi had accepted his mildly outrageous sum, on the condition they could slow down on the return trip. Kurenai seemed to object to that a little bit but it couldn't be helped. Kakashi sat on the bow of the ship, brooding- though he wouldn't care to admit to the term.

Kurenai, once she could barely see the shores anymore, sat beside him, “Did he say who it was we were rescuing?” she asked, softly.

He shook his head. “I have a feeling.”

With that, he pulled from the bag at his feet the monkey that was still moving and struggling. It bit Kakashi and jumped from his hands to the top of Kurenai's head. It was a pale aquamarine and though of fine detail his choppy crystalline structure denoted the user of the crystal jutsu didn't have full control when making it.

“I see..” Kurenai reached up and petted it gently. “And you're okay with this? Why would he go out of his way to send you?”

“Because she sent me the monkey?” he shrugged, “I don't know. I don't care. She's moved on, yet isn't acting like it.”

They both fell to silence as they watched the waters ahead. Hopefully they would make it in time.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“Iruka, this is so boring! Don't you have anything I could do?” the blonde wailed and flopped on the bench right beside his old teacher. “I would even find a lost cat, like Kiba got stuck with!”

Iruka smiled and separated the ice pops and passed one to Naruto. “I'm afraid there's nothing we can do but wait for your instructor to return from her mission.”

The boys eyes lit up as he took it and sucked on it, a dribble of juice dripping down his chin. His voice was muffled as he spoke through the pop, “She's takin forever!”

That got a laugh from Iruka. “What is it with you and being impatient?” he asked, smiling to the younger boy.

“I can't help it, I won't be Hokage if it takes this long to get anything done!” His voice was more like a whine and he sank low in his seat, taking a bite of the ice pop and chewing slowly.

“Listen, kid.” he hmphed. “You can't be Hokage if you're impatient!” Iruka relaxed back some, and sighed. “I believe you can do great things, Naruto, you just have to concentrate, and put your all into everything, not just trying to hurry through life. If you hurry, there will be a different end result than what you want in life.”

Naruto looked up to him, shoulders lax in disappointment. But Iruka was right, as usual. He nodded, “Yeah.” he said, “Thanks Iruka.”

Iruka smiled. “No problem brat.” he sucked on his ice pop and they sat there on the bench quietly, watching the sun in the sky as it slowly started to sink.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The lab was dusty, lacking a good use and maybe a good cleaning. Orochimaru entered it and looked around, crossing his arms. It was dank just standing there in the doorway, it was so musty and stale it would harm anyone if left in there for too long.

“Make sure it's as it was when I left..” he muttered, recalling what he'd told to the nin that stayed behind to maintain the underground compound. Of course, he'd be ignored. Of course, the compound was only half kept for, the men going off and finding whores over in the next town over again.

They were dead. Well, not yet, but they would be. They deserved that as much. He could use their bodies to train up his little apprentice nin some more. Speaking of..

“Kabuto! Where are you!” he called, looking around and stepping into the hallway. The compound was quiet down these halls. If you were to go just a few corridors over, it would be ripe with activity of nin returning and making their way to their rooms to settle in before beginning to make the compound like home again.

There was a scuffle of feet and Kabuto came running, bowing before standing. He was a little out of breath. “I'm sorry sir, I was busy trying to clean up your room.”

Orochimaru nodded. “I want the nin that were left here to be put in holding cells until I can handle them.”

Kabuto bowed again, “Of course, sir.”

“And after, you need to come help me set up, I might as well get to work. We've got to replicate that kekke genkai before my next cycle.”
IV, Rescue Unappreciated, Sneaking around! by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Sorry for being gone so long! I am hoping to get up two chapters today so here we go!
The ship reached the shore very late in the night. The docks were quiet, the beggars all asleep or off spending the few bits of coin they had earned at the sake bar, wanting to forget their troubles. Momo was, for the most part, alone, and had lost more than enough blood, despite the bandages and the crystal over layer she'd applied to stop it from hurting so much.

Two familiar chakra signatures neared closer and Momo stood slowly, bag on her back and cloak hiding her. She waited until they were close enough for her to identify, and stepped into the view. “It took you long enough.”

Kakashi hmphed, he knew it wouldn't be his day. “You shouldn't have gone and fucked yourself over, Yakushi.”

When he referred to her so distantly formal, she felt a mild pang. Of course, why wouldn't she have gotten over it already? It had been years. You're not any friend or comerade of mine.. he had sneered.

Kurenai looked around. “Come on, we'll see to you when we're on the ship.” She walked beside Momo as they returned to the ship, Kakashi lagging behind and watching the shorter of the two kunoichi.

For her to be bested, the ninja that took down several squadrons of jounin with just herself and her summons, it was unheard of. What had happened? Momo limped aboard and collapsed at the bow gratefully, leaning her head back against the side of the ship, closing her eyes.

“Just sleep is all I need.” she breathed, wincing as Kurenai pushed her cloak aside and revealed the crystal coated and bound wound, which had long since bled through the bandages.

Kurenai shook her head and guided her below deck. Kakashi sat down and nodded to the man that had been their captain. The man, an elderly gentleman that still could hit like he was far younger, went ahead and raised the ships petit anchor and made their way out of the harbor, as fast as he could too. There were dark tales about the land of Snow, and none of them showed promise of survival should they actually hold truth to them.

Below, Kurenai got Momo to shrug the disgusting clothes off, and the bandages. They were discarded and Momo cleaned up before letting Kurenai bandage her up and heal at least a portion before she dressed again.

“What happened? What was the mission?”

Momo looked to Kurenai before shrugging. “I was ambushed. Someone knew I was there.”

She didn't reply as to the content of the mission. Kurenai didn't press on the matter, some missions were very secret, even to fellow nin.

“And did the Hokage say what was to happen with your team?”

The wounded kunoichi shrugged. “I'm to train them once I return. Which I will. No doubt they'll fail my test.”

Kurenai looked surprised. “You won't take a break? You need to recuperate from this.”

That only received a shrug. There wasn't a discussion on that- Momo wouldn't just sit around while she had a task at hand.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Sasuke panted heavily as he slumped on the bench. He'd been training for five hours straight. Practicing the same jutsu over and over again until he got it right and he did it well. His sensei may be AWOL but that didn't mean he had to suffer from it. He needed to be stronger. He had to be.

There was a rustling from the bushes surrounding the training grounds, and he drew a kunai, whirling to face them. A sheepish Naruto emerged, hands up. “Don't shoot!”

Sasuke glared, but did drop his hand. “What are you doing here, dumbass.”

Naruto glared. “Look, teme, I came to find you because Sakura was worried.”

“And do you always do what Sakura wants?”

That earned Sasuke a very angry glare. “What are you even doing?”

Naruto looked around the training grounds, scorched bushes against one wall and a smoldering burn mark on the wall itself. Looked pretty messy.

“Training, you idiot, in case it's not obvious.”

“But what about our--”

“What about her? She's not here and I'm not going to sit idle when I need to be getting stronger!”

Naruto stared at Sasuke, hmphing. “And you didn't let us in on it?”

“You two will only drag me down.” Sasuke snorted.

That made Naruto even angrier. “What, you think you're the only one that deserves to get better? Our sensei's going to be back any day so just give it a rest, you jerk!”

Sasuke shrugged and grabbed his water bottle. “Whatever. Get off my property.”

The blond stayed put, crossing his arms. “Not a chance, idiot!”

“Then I'll just make you leave..” His head turned to give Naruto a warning look. “Five.. Four.. Three...”

Still, Naruto wouldn't move and when Sasuke reached one, the raven turned and showed off his new Jutsu. “Fireball Jutsu!”

He let out a deep breath and a fireball shoot at Naruto. The blonde made a noise of surprise and fell back, the front of his hair was singed and he was breathing heavy. He stared at Sasuke in shock and stumbled to his feet and ran away.

Pleased, Sasuke went back inside to his quiet and empty home.
V, First Impressions are the Least Important. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Boo!!!
“Sakura!” her mother called from downstairs. “There's a note for you!”

Sakura was roused from her sleep and wandered downstairs, blinking in surprise seeing her mother standing at the door and staring at the scroll unraveled and pinned to the door with a kunai. Sakura stared at it, reading it.

“The Training Grounds. One Hour. Late and you die. :)”

It sent a shiver down her spine before she went upstairs to quickly get ready.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Naruto was only woken up because there was a slamming on his door. He rubbed his eyes and rolled out of bed. “Ronald, the door..” he grumbled to the fern by his bed and went to the door. The chilling note, this one pinned by a kunai as well, made him squint and shudder loudly.

“Creepy.”

He went and got ready, throwing on the clothes from yesterday and heading out after enjoying a ramen in a cup.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The kunai whizzed past Sasuke's face, missing him by mere centimeters. His eyes widened and he looked to the wall where it stuck itself, and attached to it was a tag, reading the grim message. Sasuke's eyes narrowed. He didn't like being threatened. He coolly stood and slipped shoes on before heading out. He wondered who it was.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The grounds were quiet-- it was only nine or so in the morning. There was quite the exotic green structure made of the most brilliant crystal, and atop it sat the mystery instructor. She looked around lazily, watching as the girl with the bubble gum pink hair entered the area, looking around curiously before seeing the structure. Naruto bumbled after, and bumped into her before staring. The other one appeared from another entrance, he was less amazed.

“Who are you?” Naruto yelled.

She looked down. “Your instructor.”

“About time.” Sasuke scoffed and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Sakura nodded in agreement quickly. Of course she'd agree with him.

That got a scoff from Momo as well, who lolled her head back to look up at the sky. “You think you're going to be chuunin by next year, I bet.” she said, and laid on her back. “You won't. I'll be failing you within the week, and from there you'll need to repeat the final year of school. Perhaps next year you'll get a different instructor.”

“Your track record doesn't scare me,” Sasuke called, getting closer. “You only had one team before, correct? Before you turned tail and betrayed the village?”

Within moments his body was encased in crystal, his eyes wide in shock. Momo stood and slid down the side of the structure. She walked to in front of him, stroking the crystal. “My business is mine alone.” she murmured, crooning almost.

“Hey, cut that out!” Naruto shouted, and ran at Momo. Momo knocked him back with ease, but Naruto stood and ran at her again. She laughed again, and sent him flying into Sakura.

Sakura cried out and slammed into the tree behind them, slumping down. Naruto fell with her too, but he got back up and ran at Momo again.

“This is tiring.” Momo yawned. “Like an untrained dog.”

“Let him go! You can't do this to him!” Naruto's scars seemed to grow, deepen, and his eyes turned orange and his pupils slitted.

Momo's eyes widened a little and she stared at him, watching him come at her before she erected a crystal shield that he slammed into face first. She looked to Sasuke before releasing him. He fell to his knees coughing for breath.

Naruto seemed to calm a little and hit the shield. “Picking on someone you're supposed to be training, what a teacher you are!”

Sakura stumbled over to Sasuke, but he pushed her off and stood slowly, feeling out of breath still. “She's no teacher, she's a monster.”

The quite bizarre teacher laughed, a quick bark of one. “Whatever. I'm only your teacher until you back out or I fail you.”

“That's not fair!” Sakura said loudly, clenching her fists.

“Life isn't fair.” Momo dissolved all the crystal structures and formed herself a chair to sit in, leaning on it. “And neither are any of you. Pinkie, you're a complete sissy with no back bone and hopelessly infatuated with the raven here. Raven, you're a complete stuck up prick. I can tell already. Now, as for Blondie, you're too stupid to think things through before acting. Nonetheless, you're the most interesting out of the three of you and I think the only one worth while.”

They all gave looks filed with emotions to her-- Naruto and Sasuke looked mad. Naruto was more stubborn and Sasuke was just.. scathing. Sakura looked deeply hurt, pained.

“I'm done dealing with you all for right now. Go get lunch or something, get back here at one.”

They couldn't get out of there fast enough.
VI, You're insane. I like it. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
SO SORRY I RAN AWAY OH GOD XD
This one is going to be short and for that I'm sorry but hey!
“I don't like her at all,” Sakura shivered as she picked at her Ramen.

“I couldn't wait to start training.. now I can't wait to stop and get away from her..” Naruto grumbled some. He wasn't eating at all. Now THAT was saying something.

Sasuke just shrugged and slurped up some noodles. She was means to an end, so he would tolerate her. He'd get stronger, then he'd lay down the law with how she wanted to treat him.

They ate quietly, and Sasuke dropped some money down. Sakura thanked him and Naruto grudgingly did, but Sasuke didn't acknowledge it. They headed back to the training grounds slowly, the crystals all gone and Momo sitting there reclining looking through an old, faded bingo book. No doubt a long since retired edition. She looked to them and slipped it away, standing again.

“Took you long enough.” she said, “Show me how good you are at target practice. Shoot kunai from there to the targets on the trees.”

She watched them look to eachother and then do so. Sakura was horrible, if she was in combat she would die first. Naruto did no better, he was just plain lucky, but Sasuke clearly actually gave a fuck about training.

Naruto was complaining before she decided to move on and the first kunai whizzed at them.

“Now how about dodging?” she laughed, and they all dove for cover. XD

The three shared glances. This teacher would bring them together for one reason. They all wanted her dead.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi watched from afar, Asuma beside him. “She's such a piss poor instructor..” he scoffed, “She's going to kill one of them.”

“And you're not going to stop her?” Asuma asked. “You're going to wait for her to kill one of them and then report her?”

Kakashi stayed quiet for a moment. “I don't see you jumping to help them.”

“That's because it's none of my business. If I feel that they're mortally in danger then I will make a note of it to the hokage. He can handle it.” Asuma shrugged and lit a cigarette.

Kakashi shrugged. “If she hurts them it won't raise or lower my opinion of her.. she's already scum.”

That said, they both fell silent, and Kakashi took a cancer stick from asuma and headed home.

Asuma watched after and sighed. “He quit smoking..”
VII, That Peach, Subtle as Always. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
MUAHAHA. Sorry bout that. This one is revealing a few things, setting up more, and also. I NAME MY PLANTS OKAY. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
That day had been a very tiring one and Naruto actually collapsed. Momo waved the other two off and they eagerly left. Neither really cared what happened with Naruto, most likely she'd leave him there to sleep for the night. Sakura collapsed in her bed at home, her parents sharing worried glances, while Sasuke went home and flopped on his couch. No one was there to worry.

Momo leaned over Naruto, squatting down and watching him for a moment. An orphan, constantly beaten and hated, for no reason at all, to him. No one was allowed to tell him, or really speak about it, but the adults knew. They bred the hatred itself into their kids, and so the cycle of hate continued. Poor Naruto had gotten the brunt and grew up thinking that he was wrong, and had to forever prove himself worthy of acceptance.

She shook her head and summoned a crystal horse to toss him over and she led it to his apartment building. She was given strange looks, and dirtier ones when they realized her cargo, but they did the dirty ones to her back. They knew the rumors about her. She wasn't something to mess with. She was left alone the whole way there, and was able to get him inside without issue.

“Hello Ronald,” she said to the fern by the door, “He's awfully tired.”

She dropped him on the bed and looked around. It was like a bachelor pad, which was quite pathetic given it was a twelve year old. Of course, the fridge had past expired milk and the cupboards had rice an ramen. Then again, her home was in the same state so she really hadn't room to criticize.

She looked to the aloe plant on the counter, known to Naruto as Felix, and then left quietly. A boy had nothing but plants as friends. An interesting case.

Waiting for her at home was the bane of her existence, who left more bruises on her and took up most of her night.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi spent the night at the bar, nursing sake as he reread his book, but his mind wasn't on it. His mind was on his early years as jounin. The refuge taken in and interrogated for weeks before finally being allowed to join the ninja ranks, the ninja that had quickly become his friends after a rough butting of heads.

Rin had died.. She had died with child, and with his name on her lips. He had been sunk into such a depression, giving up on missions and duties and holeing up in his apartment and the local bar. Then the spitfire that had entered the bar with a yawn, and immediately called for a reasonably strong drink. She wore vivid colors back then, outrageously so. Which was often hilarious because she was always the best at blending in.

She sat beside Kakashi and nudged him, “what's good here?”

He gave her a scathing glare, “That seat's taken.”

“Well I don't see anyone sitting in it,” she snorted, and when she got her drink she downed it like a fucking boss. “So it's mine now.”

Kakashi growled and shoved her. “I said it's fucking taken, now find another seat.”

The other nin in the bar looked over warily, they all knew Kakashi's present state, and they still were wary of the kunoichi. She simply stood and gave him a good punch to the kisser and sent him falling out of his stool.

“Now you shut up and start acting like a sane asshole, alright?” she huffed and then leaned down and offered her hand. “Or I'll kick your ass.”

Kakashi rubbed his face, she packed a mean punch. He looked to her hand and stood on his own, stumbling right into her. She caught him easily enough.

“Ugh .. you reek.” she grimaced, “Blegh. Didn't you ever learn self control?”

He waved her off and tossed some money on the bar before leaving. “Whatever.”

That made her head cock and she looked around, “Leaf nin are a bunch of lunatics,” she said and followed after, still expecting an apology at least. “Hey! Get back here you loser!”

Kakashi glanced back and kept going, heading up the steps to his apartment. She followed after still and shoved her foot in the doorway to keep him from shutting it.

“This is my apartment. You're not welcome here.” Kakashi said and tried to slam the door on her foot.

She thrust her hand in, offering it. “Look, I'm Momo. You're CrazyAss. Now we're friends.” she said. “Now let me in.”

He took the moment to force her out and shut the door. “Stay away!”

But she hadn't. She'd slept outside his door and in the morning proceeded to bug him into letting her in, and then completely shamed him into cleaning and then forced him out the door to show her around and show her that he wasn't a lily livered weak ass motherfucker. From then on they became fast friends and did missions together..


He was sort of glad she didn't, but yet.. it would have been better if she'd died rather than been brought back to Konoha. He looked down to his drink and pushed it away. He dropped a large note on the table and left, putting his book in his pocket.

Kakashi was thinking again, and he didn't like it. He made his way to the memorial and stood there, looking down at his old sensei's name. It was after midnight before he returned home.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kabuto watched the nin that had been injected with the latest of Orochimaru's expiriments, quiet as usual. They banged on their cage bars, screaming and ripping at their hair as it drove them insane, one screaming about the ringing and one just making unintelligible noises as he slammed his head against the bars until he went limp.

He recorded the notes on the papers he had and left, turning the lights off. The screams stopped immediately.
VIII, Lingering Impressions and Lasting Results by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Alrighty ladies. :D I've got a "bingo" book in the works.
“You're one weird motherfucker, you know that?” Momo asked some, smiling. “Glad Konoha took me in.”

Kakashi looked to her and nodded. “Me too.”

She offered him a dango and watched the crowd as they rumbled through the streets. It was late afternoon and they were perched on the Hokage monument, on Minato's head. It was quiet, and kids were scampering around on the playground.

By this time, he was turning fifteen and Momo was sixteen. They had afternoon training sessions every saturday with the now Hokage, Minato, when he wasn't fawning over his ever growing wife's stomach. Things were.. things were better. Kakashi wasn't depressed and hiding in his home, and Momo wasn't feeling so.. left out.

“So, I'm trying to get Minato to name his kid after us. I'm thinking more of a my name as it's name, yours as a nickname sort of thing.” Momo looked over to him out of the corner of her eye and saw as Kakashi bowed his head, laughing some.

“You're an idiot, Mo.”

“Yeah, well, you're a bigger one.” She gave him a nudge that fell into a nudge battle which led to a tag match that crossed the whole village.


~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Momo rolled over on her side and turned off her alarm clock, sitting up. Her head hurt, her hair had been pulled too much. The bed was a mess and her ripped shirt was crumpled at the end of the bed. She stood and went to the bathroom and closed her eyes and concentrated. When she finished what she wanted to do, she showered and headed out, tugging her gloves on.

Her first stop was to the tea shop, enjoying a spiked tea. It was already spiked, and she looked to it then to the shopkeeper, who winked in acknowledgment before going on to sorting tea.

She looked to her cup and sipped it slowly.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

At noon, Momo stuck exploding tags on pigs and sent them into each of her student's houses. The sounds were hilarious and it sure got the three's attention. They all went off hunting for the source and Momo led them on a wild goose chase that left them tired, exhausted, and out of kunai from the eventual mini sparbattle that they had. Momo had broken a sweat and was lounging on the top of the hokage monument, while the kids finally made it up there, all panting and exhausted.

“What the hell was that whole thing about the pig?” Sasuke snarled.

“Oh, just to see how fast your reflexes and instincts were,” she yawned, and relaxed back, and everyone sweatdropped.

“You almost destroyed my home for a test?” Sakura shrieked. “What??”

“Well, if it had destroyed your home you would have failed and you'd be right back at the academy.”

The three just stared at her, and Sasuke straightened. “This is pathetic. I'm talking to the Hokage.”

He turned to stalk off and Momo yawned again. “He's the one that specifically pulled me from A rank missions to stick with you brats. If you can get him to change his mind, I'm perfectly fine with it.”

Sasuke stopped and glanced back. “I'll try.” he left, and Sakura hurried out.

Naruto flopped down, groaning. “Man, I'm beat!”

“Surprising.. given...” she glanced to him and sat up. “Given your.. history.”

He rolled on his back and put his hand on his stomach. “I'm a Jinchuuriki? All it's been is a trouble.”

“You're housing one of the most vicious beasts in the world right there in your body, capeable of giving you so much chakra and stamina.. and you think it's a trouble.” Momo cocked her head, squinting at him.

“I don't care about all that, I want to be Hokage, but I want to do it on my own.” he said, “Not because of some dumb tailed beast.”

Momo nodded, “I see,” she said, “Quite intelligent.”

Naruto flopped back, “wah..” he groaned some. “That stupid pig!”

A smile ghosted Momo's lips. “Well watching you all made me hungry. I'm ordering ramen.” she hopped up and headed down the steps.

The young nin's head popped up and he blinked. “Can I come?”

He trailed after after eh saw her head nod.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Sasuke ditched Sakura at her house and went to the hokage's office, was pretty much scolded by the Hokage and sent off with no explanations. He returned home angrily and brutally massacred his training dummies.

He was so .. He was furious. He wanted to be rid of that foul bitch. She was useless to him. He wanted her gone. Completely. He'd do it himself if the Hokage wouldn't.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi stepped in for ramen, blinking seeing Naruto slurping down ramen and Momo just watching and being pretty much impressed. “So are you.. a bottomless pit of some sort?” Momo asked as she slid the next bowl in front of him.

Naruto grinned. “Yeah!”

Kakashi cleared his throat and Momo looked back, straightening some. “Kakashi.”

“Yakushi.” he sat beside Naruto and looked to the busy Ichiraku, “If you want to make whatever you're making a double batch, I'll take some.”

Ichiraku smiled. “Deal!”

Naruto finished that burp and belched loudly. “Mmmm I'm so full!”

Momo counted the bowls, “Twenty four.. Not bad. Still didn't beat my record of thirty two.”

The younger boy gawked. “What? You're so teeny!”

Kakashi bowed his head some and smirked. That's what he'd always said. Momo just shrugged and paid. “I'll leave a tab open for you.” She nodded to Ichiraku and left, just as Ichiraku served up two bowls of ramen. Naruto, of course, downed his immediately.
IX, Fuck you, Bridge Builder. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
BOOM BACK TO BACK BITCHES. BAM. Working on the next one now, hence this being short.
It was a few days before Sasuke was reachable, and he was reluctant to resume training but the appeal of a mission interested him. Momo had been handed a scroll that she viewed as obnoxiously easy. Escorting someone, nothing too bad, right? At least she'd be able to keep a reign on the kids.

She dressed in jonin garb, save the vest. She wore a long leather jacket instead, sleek and curve hugging, but flared out at the waist. It wasn't a custom fit so it fell to just above her ankles and she seemed shorter than she was before. Her headband was around her waist, and her gloves were on.

When they all met up near the gates she tossed her bag to Naruto.

“What's this?” he asked, holding it up.

“My stuff. You carry it for me. Think of it as a training exercize.”

Naruto just grinned and tugged it on his back. Sasuke snorted and Sakura crossed her arms. “So what are we doing anyway sensei?”

“You're the team that's bringing me back home?” a voice said behind them. They turned and all saw the man standing there. “What a bunch of kids...”

“You asked for a D rank mission, you get the Genin teams.” Momo's voice was mildly annoyed. She didn't like this guy already.

The guy snorted. “Whatever. Let's get going, I'm tired already. You've got shitty inns.”

Sakura looked quite aghast at his disrespect and Momo started leading the way. “The sooner we get this over the better.”

Sakura and Sasuke shared a glance but Naruto immediately trailed behind Momo. The man followed, “So who are all of y'all?”

“I'm the instructor. This is Uzumaki, Haruno and Uchiha.” Momo was speaking as if they were above the man and he noticed.

“Oh yeah? Well I'm the Hokage.”

Naruto whirled around. “Don't say that, you jerk!”

The guy raised his hands. “Easy there..” he said, “chill.”

Momo shrugged. “He's got a fallacy in his head that he's going to be hokage one day.”

That made the kid madder and he started ranting about nindo and his own path. Momo whapped him on the back of his head to get him to shut up and he complained for a while about how hard her hand was. His loud voice was stifled when Momo pressed a hand to Naruto's mouth and looked around.

A kunai whizzed at them and embedded itself in her arm. She made a soft noise and whirled around. “Everyone get behind me now,” she snarled and everyone pretty much did as told, kunai out and facing the woods. The man looked around warily. “I'm Tazuna by the way. In case this doesn't end well.”

Naruto hmphed. “Whatever...”

A nin came out of the woods and attacked them, going right for Momo but she downed him easily and smashed him with a giant pink crystal hammer. The children stared in shock as she made it disappear and she poked him with her shoe. “Well, he's dead.”

They all looked to the body then up to her, just in time for the other two nin to attack. Momo brought up a crystal barrier to block them, but one got past it and got Naruto with a cut to the hand before going after Tazuna. Momo blocked it and slammed him down, binding him with Crystal. He swore loudly and tried to get free, but Momo was already going after the next one, whom Sasuke was hitting with a fireball.

The nin stumbled and threw a barrage of Kunai before disappearing back into the woods.

Sasuke turned to the nin left, naruto stomping on him, “Ha ha we beat you, you loser!”

Momo pushed him aside and put her foot to the mans head. “Who do you work for.”

“Like I'll tell you.” The man sneered, and then his brains splattered as Momo slammed her foot down and crushed his head.

Sakura fainted.
X, Bloodthirst is Not a Good Character Trait by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Hi there! Muahaha! I will update tomorrow, I have to leave now to get to bed for work tomorrow (I work opening shifts!) I feel guilty about posting this without the second chapter, but oh well, you need something to read for tonight!
It wasn't until after dark that Sakura woke up, which wasn't helped when Momo dropped her once and probably knocked her out. They had made camp and Sakura was on her sleeping bag, Momo perched in a tree and watching over them. Reading that bingo book again. Naruto looked over when she sat up, and Sasuke gave a glance but went back to lounging.

“Sakura! Are you alright?” Naruto hopped to her side.

“Y.. yeah.” She looked around, relieved to not see the bodies.

Tazuna was drinking from a glass bottle, “Awfully squeamish for a ninja, aren't ya.”

Sakura let out a breath and looked up to Momo before leaning close to Naruto. “D.. did she really kill them?”

“Yeah, smooshed them like they were bugs.” Naruto looked all wide eyed still, he wasn't sure if it was cool or terrifying. “She carried you until we made camp.”

The pink haired kunoichi shuddered and rubbed her own arms. “She's so scary..”

Momo looked down and saw the girl was awake and leaned back to reading. At least one of them hadn't died on her yet. She looked back to the book and closed it, watching as the bridge builder finished off the bottle. She jumped from the tree and landed before him.

“I think you've been keeping something to yourself,” she said quietly. “I don't think this is just a D rank mission...”

Tazuna looked up, raising an eyebrow. “Really now?”

“Those men weren't after my team or I. They were after you. So tell me why or we'll drag you back right to Konoha and we'll charge you double the price of an A rank. You cheapskate.”

Tazuna sighed and rubbed his neck, and explained his situation, how his job was vital and gangsters would suffer from it, so they were trying to stop him. His whole village was at risk all for a bridge! Momo thought for several moments and pulled out a half gone pack of cigarettes from her pocket and lit one before wandering to the edge of their clearing.

“We'll continue the mission, and you'll pay me the price difference from the D and A rank mission cost.” She wandered off to make sure the last nin hadn't gotten the idea to circle back.

Tazuna groaned some. “Man...”

“Be lucky she doesn't kill you like the nin that attacked us.” Sasuke rolled onto his side and yawned. He was going to sleep.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The nin returned to his master, going in and bowing immediately. “Sir, the bridge builder is on the move again.”

“Oh is he?” the man lazily asked, looking up from wiping his blade off.

The nin looked up, eyes widening at the scene he'd not noticed. There was blood everywhere, and his boss as well as the other men around were all ripped apart by blade and ice. The man that had spoken was someone that no one wanted to spend too much time near.

“Z-zabuza!” The nin stood and backed up. “What did you do!”

He backed right up into Haku, who cocked her head as the nin fell forward.

“Shall I dispose of him, Zabuza?”

Zabuza cocked his head. “Fine.”

The nin tried to escape but he was brought down by needles in his neck. He twitched before falling still. Haku bent down to retrieve them, wiping them off carefully and putting them away.

“Zabuza, are we still going to go after the bridge builder? Tazuna?”

“Of course. Why wouldn't we jump at that opportunity?”

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi relaxed back, sipping the sake. Anko droned on and on about Ibiki's rudeness again, but Kakashi wasn't listening. His mind wandered to Momo again, her and Naruto in the ramen shop getting along quite well.

“Kakashi! Are you listening to me at all!” Anko hit Kakashi, and he sweatdropped. “Of course..”
XI, That Teacher, Cryptic by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Working on the next chapter as we speak, I dunno if I want Haku to die but Zabby...
Momo shook the kids awake very early, and hit the bridge builder with a water blast. They all seemed quite unsettled and slouched on their way. Momo, of course, was quiet and walking ahead of them. She was also distractedly reading her book again, and walked right up a tree, ahah. Naruto stared all wide eyed.

“Sensei!”

Momo looked over, then realized. “Oh.” She did a backflip and landed on her feet quite.. awkwardly. “I didn't even notice.”

“You didn't notice you were walking up a tree??” Naruto was gawking.

“I've done it so often I don't even realize when I am.. if you'd like I can teach you.” She yawned.

Sasuke's eye twitched. She was supposed to be training him and there she was just casually thinking about it! He clenched his fist. “At least we'd learn something..” he growled some.

Momo raised an eyebrow and stopped walking, “What does that mean? Hm?”

Sakura swallowed. “N-nothing sensei... Of course, nothing...”

“Really, I don't think it's nothing, not if Birdbutt went out of his way to say something.”

“Bird butt? What do you think you--”

Sakura was cut off when Naruto clasped a hand over her mouth. She bit it and he yelped, stumbling away. Sakura shut up, still, and started walking. Tazuna chuckled as the group resumed.

“You sure are a weird group,” Tazuna commented, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Naruto hmphed and rubbed his nose at that. “Some of them are weird.”

Sakura grumbled in annoyance. “What is that supposed to mean?”

The blonde fell silent again and Momo chuckled some, glancing to all of them.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“There it is, just ahead.” Tazuna said, nodding ahead.

Naruto looked forward with delight, then deflated. “Aw.. it's all foggy..”

Momo hmphed. “Of course..” she said, “Come on, let's hurry. Your house is nearby, am I correct?”

Tazuna nodded and led the way to the small boat that would take them across the river. He led them to his home, where his daughter greeted them with a weak smile.

She embraced him in a hug and he hugged back and nodded to them. “This is my daughter, Tsunami. Tsunami, these ninja helped me get home.”

Naruto waved and Sakura bowed, but Sasuke was as stoic as ever. Momo was the same, only she at least nodded her head. “I will be back.”

She disappeared and Tsunami ushered them all inside for a lovely dinner! She of course, told all about the land and the village, and showed them to their room. She tried to make them as settled in as possible, but Sasuke still went off to sulk and Naruto wandered the woods. Sasuke fell to training, while Naruto ran into a very beautiful girl who fell to talking with him.

Momo checked the area out, and discovered no ninja or people out of the ordinary. She seemed so.. annoyed. Something was off, yet she didn't sense it. Still hesitant to return, she went to the site of the bridge. There really wasn't much left to do aside from connect the halves they'd constructed so far. That small part was separating them and the future prosperity of their village. It was small, but it was all they had. She clenched her fist and blinked hearing the ever familiar crack. She slipped her glove off carefully. And looked to her hand before clenching it some and looking off through the fog. She felt as if she was being watched.

“Tch...”

She shook it off and pulled her glove back on and returned to the house. Upon hearing her students had wandered off she lazily turned and headed to find them. They had met up and were trying and … Sasuke was failing to climb the tree. Naruto had gotten three feet up and couldn't explain how. Since he'd fallen on his ass roughly, Sasuke played it off as a fluke. They kept at it until Momo, who'd come in on their pathetic attemtps, laughed.

They jumped up, and Momo raised a hand.

“No need to be so snippy,” she yawned, and walked up the tree. “All you have to do is focus chakra to your feet and there you go..”

Sasuke hmphed, of course it was easy.. and he had been too stupid to figure it out himself. He looked to a tree, and blinked seeing Naruto already going at it again, trying his best.

Momo smiled and sat on the branch, watching Naruto fall and get back up again to try. Sasuke started to try on a tree close to him, and he started marking how far he got. So did Naruto, now, and it became a sort of game for them.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Haku didn't want to hurt the young boy, she realized as she watched him with his training. He was nice, and he would prove to be a strong ninja and even a leader. But if she had to cut that short... how would it turn out? Would his strength prevail or would she do her duties to her master and friend?

She turned away and darted off to report to Zabuza, who welcomed her with open arms and gentle lips.
XII Loss, Gain, It All Hurts the Fucking Same. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
ITS LONG. I think. ITS ALSO TERRIBLE AHAH I can't write action to save my life! O: Still! I have now set up two story arcs that shall show up later, so you may want to book mark this... muahahaha.
Sasuke went back to eat, and collapse tiredly in his bed. Sakura covered him up and went to sleep, too. Naruto, however, stayed out, trying and trying until he passed out after a fall. Momo watched the whole time, quiet and mildly patient. She looked at how much farther Naruto was than Sasuke, and she knelt down and pushed his shirt up, her hand ghosting over his stomach and she studied it. The seal was visible to her, and she stroked it gently.

“What a poor child you are..” she mumbled. “Your mother and father were so amazing.”

She hoisted him up and returned with him, putting him to bed and going to bed as well.



In the morning, Sasuke was sitting outside reading through the bingo book that had been on the floor by the lump under the blanket he knew to be his worthless teacher. He had picked it up immediately and hid outside to read it. He wanted to know what was so .. important about it.

He froze on a page, staring intently at it before looking to the door. Naruto stood there, sleepily. “Sasuke?”

Sasuke held the book out, on the page. “Look what they gave us for a teacher. She's a criminal.”

Naruto took it and squinted before his eyes widened.

Momo's picture was there, she was sticking her tongue out at the camera and holding up the peace sign. Her stats were listed also with the warning “DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE, EXTREMELY DANGEROUS”, in large bold capital letters. She was ranked as an S criminal and with the Leaf symbol at the bottom. A missing nin of the Leaf village.

Naruto shook his head. “Sasuke, you shouldn't go through her stuff..” he breathed, and closed it, hugging it close. “She's not a missing nin now is she? She's a jounin that goes on the most dangerous missions.”

“She's a beast,” Sasuke spat, and stood. Naruto shook his head and went back in, putting the book by Momo and getting dressed.

He went out to go train, and Sasuke trailed after. He now was questioning the hokage more.

Sakura, for one, opted for breakfast and going out to watch the boys. She tried it and did it pretty damn well which disheartened the boys more but Naruto just kept going harder. Momo watched for part of the time, but did send a crystal creature to Konoha. It interrupted Kakashi and Anko's dirty time, which Kakashi was quite angry at, but the monkey at least fled for the Hokage the moment it materialized.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The Hokage was quite surprised to get the monkey, rarely did Momo actually report in. It was bland and with her snarky tone as usual. The mission was going quietly, so she said, but there was something that would be keeping them. The kids were all alive and unharmed, she made sure to include 'for now'. That made the Hokage chuckle.

He put the scroll down and petted the monkey. “Your master is a strange being.” he said, and smiled.

The idea of putting Momo in charge of three children that all seemed so similar to her, yet so different. It was a wild choice, but he didn't regret it at all. He actually wanted to see what happened. He wanted to see how she'd change them, and if they would change her.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The next day, Tazuna was back at work, and Momo got the kids to go with them to watch, help , and make sure nothing happened. It went well and they all actually started working together. In the late afternoon after everyone was leaving and it was it for the day, the fog rolled in, deep and heavy.

Momo noticed, and drew a kunai, keeping it at the ready. “Guys, we need to head back.”

Naruto looked up, “It's just fog..” he said, but did get closer to her.

Sakura made a soft noise as she dropped, a needle right on a pressure point. Naruto shouted and ran to her instead, pulling out the needle and trying to wake her.

“Sasuke, Naruto, Cover her.” Momo growled and whirled around just in time to get a brush with Zabuza's terrifying blade.

She cried out as blood spurted and she fell, holding her side as her vision spotted up. She needed a new job, she realized, feeling the blood spurt out. She heard the two kids shout, but it was mildly muffled for a moment before clearing up.

“Momo!” Naruto shouted, and ran at Zabuza with kunai out, like a complete retard. Zabuza easily forced him back, and Momo caught him, standing slowly as she formed crystals over her abdomen to prevent any gut leakage.

“Naruto. You have to let it out,” she breathed softly, panting.

Naruto looked up at her, confused for a moment and then eyes wide. “Momo, I-I can't!”

Sasuke wanted to help but when he did he was shut in a maze of ice mirrors, and he looked around, clenching his fists. He tried to attack them but his attacks seemed to bounce back. He was useless, and the face of his attacker surfaced.. He was now distracted with wanting to beat her down, as well.

“Naruto, you have to. Do it or you'll die.” Momo looked at him dead in the eyes, “Do it.”

Naruto clenched his eyes and concentrated, just as Zabuza attacked. Momo threw herself in front of Naruto, bringing up a shield but Zabuza smashed through it and her. She went flying and slammed into the wall of the bridge, collapsing down. Naruto roared and threw himself at Zabuza, fists clenched and his body alight with the red-orange chakra. Zabuza seemed a little surprise and fended the beasty child off.

“What the hell are you?” he growled, trying to swing at him only to be hit in the gut.

He let out an oof and fell back a little, but quickly regained composure and swiped again at the child. No way would he be bested by a kid. The incentive kept Zabuza swinging and Naruto kept dodging and coming at him.

Momo stood, leaning on the wall as she tried to regain herself. She let out a steady breath as the voice within her shouted for blood, shouted to kill Zabuza. She let out a soft noise, and when Naruto had him distracted she ran up behind him doing handseals and put her hands on his back.

“Don't you fucking dare touch my students!” she shouted, and crystals formed all over his skin, encasing and trapping him. She stepped back and collapsed on her ass. Naruto panted heavily as he turned and saw Sasuke having his ass handed to him.

Sasuke was bleeding from several needles embedded in him, but he kept attacking all the mirrors he saw Haku pop up in. It was draining his chakra reasonably quickly with every fireball he tried to use that got blown away.

“You should give up now..” Haku said, another barrage of needles attacking him.

He cried out in pain and sank to his knees, the next barrage seeming to be just around the corner. This time, it was Naruto to take it, standing over Sasuke with a pained noise.

“You baka..” Naruto whimpered, looking around.

He'd smashed a mirror getting in there, and the others were cracking. They looked to it then nodded to eachother before they attacked with all the kunai they had left to shatter the rest of the mirrors. Haku stood there, she had taken damage from the mirror's suffering, and she stumbled back when she saw Zabuza was trapped and there were two angry ninja there that had been hurt by her. Tears fell and she turned to flee.

She dared not look back as she whispered Zabuza's name. He was caught, or worse.. dead, and she didn't protect him. She would have to save him.

Momo watched her go, before falling back on her back, passing out. Zabuza had done something to his blade, she faintly realized. Naruto ran for help, Sasuke collapsing before he could help.
XIII, That's What You Get For Waking Up In Konoha by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
SURPRISE! No more tonight, I promise! Ahaha.
Her eyes fluttered open and she took a few moments to adjust. The ceiling was white, bland. Hospital. She tried to sit up but made a noise of pain and couldn't manage it.

“Momo!” Naruto jumped up. He still had a bandage on his chin, but he looked pretty good. He was grinning. “Momo, you're alright!”

Momo looked to him, squinting for a moment, “Why are you so excited about it?”

“Because! We thought you were dead! You didn't wake up, and your heart stopped a million times! Even the Hokage was here!” Naruto's voice got so loud, she winced some.

“Take it down a knotch, loud mouth.” she said, and shifted to touch her stomach. “Nothing strange happened?”

Naruto shook his head. “No, Sasuke was hurt really bad, too, but after that, we sent a message to the village and got help. That crazy guy was taken by that Ibiki guy!”

She shivered hearing his name and laid her head back, closing her eyes. The door opened but she honestly didn't want to care who it was.

“Naruto, don't bug patients, you know how the nurses get...” Iruka groaned some as he went in. “Leave her be.”

Momo looked up and to him. “Iruka?” She hadn't seen him in a little while. “Your students haven't forced you into defecting yet?”

Iruka forced a laugh. “Ha ha, very funny... I came to check on you.”

“Oh me, I'm fine,” Momo waved. “Split open by a guy I hadn't seen in years, nearly died, and of course still no respect from students. Not to mention the growing rumor you and I are doing the fracacas.”

“The what?” Naruto looked innocently confused.

“Nothing, kid. Go see your girlfriend.” Momo shooed him off.

He, of course, seemed flustered and denied it but you could see he was wishing it was true. Iruka helped Momo sit up some and she watched him.

“Zabuza was captured.”

Iruka nodded, “Yes, you stuck him in crystals, it took us a solid day just to get him out.”

“The kids are all alright.”

Another nod.

“The bridge is going to be completed safely.”

Iruka looked surprised at that question but nodded anyway.

“I didn't die.”

That one made him smile, “Absolutely, you're in heaven right now.”

“This isn't heaven..” She looked down and inspected it. “Damage?”

“Well...” Iruka shrugged some. “you almost did die because he literally ripped you open.. and the.. It almost broke.”

Momo nodded. “How long till I can sneak out?”

“Probably a week or two.” he paused and looked to the window. “Kakashi came to visit.”

That made her pause, but she shifted carefully to laying back down. “I don't care. I'm tired.”

He took that as his cue to leave. He patted the end of her bed, and left. There were flowers by her bedside and also a card from Naruto. She could tell because there was a ramen noodle still stuck to it. She would have to read it later, she wasn't lying about being tired. She closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“Zabuza.. long time no see, and here you are in my custody..” Ibiki laughed as he leaned over Zabuza. “Did you know I was fucking your old girl? I make sure she's in her place, unlike you...”

Zabuza growled and spat at Ibiki which earned him a nice blow to the face. His head veered a little with it and he spat out blood on the ground. “Sloppy seconds, huh..?”

That got him another hit. And another. Ibiki didn't stop. He never stopped when enough was enough. He didn't stop this time until Anko had to rush in and pull him off, and Zabuza needed immediate medical treatment.

Violence, it's a disgustingly nasty habit.
XIV, Training, Spying, Why is There No Communication? by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Such bonding, much love. So wow.
It was indeed a solid week before they let Momo off watch enough for her to escape. Every day Naruto had visited and near the end of the week he cheered as he went in, recounting how he got the hang of climbing up trees. Momo was mildly pleased, even more so to discover Sasuke had gotten it as well. So she wasn't as horrible a teacher as she suspected. She herself had been healing up nicely, and would no doubt recover further within the next coming weeks. She was certainly a fast healer.

She left early in the morning, going right home to get clothes that were far more comfortable and more covering. She was tired of curling under blankets constantly. She slipped gloves on and then her jacket, before going out. She looked like her regular dour self.

Her second item of business was to collect her students.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“Why did you put a giant spider in my room?” Sakura shrieked when she ran onto the training field.

“That was stupid and reckless!” Sasuke agreed, joining them.

“It was fun!”

The two looked to Naruto, glaring. Momo laughed at it and clapped her hands. “What's life without fun?”

The two debby downers glowered more and Sakura crossed her arms. Momo merely shrugged and sat down on the wonderful crystal bench she had made.

“You all managed reasonably well on our mission,” Momo said. “Sakura, I'm actually pretty impressed with how fast you managed chakra control. Then again, Women are better than Men.”

Sakura beamed with pride a little, and the other two hmphed some.

“Sasuke, I was informed about your resilience to the attacks by Haku, and I'm quite impressed. She is a formitable opponent, and to stand up to her as long as you did shows excellent strength.”

The raven haired boy blinked in surprise at the praise and shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Inside, he was greatly pleased.

Momo shifted and looked to Naruto, “You not only aided your teacher with defeating and capturing Zabuza, you prevented the death of your teammates. You showed excellent self confidence and amazing strength. Now if you could apply that in your studies...”

Sakura stifled a laugh but Naruto cheered anyway. “I'm gonna be the best, believe it!”

Momo rolled her eyes and shook her head. “You'te so strange.. Why bother wasting your time shouting when you could be moving on to the next exercise? Come on then, I'll show you.”

She stood, and led them to the lake, Walking out on the water. “This is the same principle as walking up a tree, only you need to not only focus on your chakra but the water itself. Water is always moving and flowing, and it takes considerable concentration so you don't fall in.”

Sasuke stared with a shrug, whereas the other two watched with interest. Naruto immediately set to trying it, and fell right in. Sakura laughed and mocked him for being such a moron. Momo went over and helped him up, and Naruto accepted. She guided him to what to do with no words, and he was ankle deep in the water by the time she moved away.

“Not bad.” Momo nodded, and looked to the other two expectantly.

They shared a glance, they both knew they'd probably not do the best. Still, Sakura stepped out first and had the hang of it before suddenly falling in. Naruto and Momo laughed, and Sasuke growled at that. He went out on the water after her, Helping her up. His own ankles dipped in the water, but he got her steady and got her out of the water.

Momo watched it, mildly please by the fact Sasuke was doing well, and also that he'd gotten the stick out of his ass enough to help his teammates.

“You guys can keep practicing,” Momo pulled away and returned to shore to sit at the base of a tree carefully.

She watched them as they kept trying to master it, and was pretty encouraged by their determination. She could probably teach them some jutsu soon, and actually make them decent ninja.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Kakashi was watching them again, mildly annoyed with her teaching methods. Then again he was pretty extreme himself. He leaned back, his eyes shifting from the pink haired girl- Sakura, he remembered knowing her mother- to the Uchiha. Now, the older Uchiha he knew quite personally. He and Itachi had performed a few missions together. The Uchiha stubborn coldness had not skipped any generations.

As for the blonde... Kakashi looked at him and saw.. He clenched his hands some, looking away. The boy had lived a long life, and he was only twelve. The tailed beast had ruined his childhood, and no doubt he'd never be respected for the ninja he would be, if he ever learned to control his chakra. And the chakra of the monster dwelling in his belly.

He wondered what his old teacher would say. Would he be upset at the blatant onstracization? The horrendous disrespect placed upon what others would consider a hero for sacrificing so much, even if he didn't know he had until he was already a boy..

The mood had turned depressing. Kakashi stood and darted away. The kids were safe for today, he needn't watch any longer.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“The experiment is so far a success, master,” Kabuto pushed his glasses up higher on his nose, “They're reacting as expected, and it will be able to be weaponized in time for the chuunin exams... if you're still proceeding with those plans...”

Orochimaru leaned back and thought for a few moments. “Of course. It's the best time for a large scale attack, there will be so many different leaders there, it will be easy to cause chaos. However, if you could have it ready before then, I'd like to put it to the test..”

“But of course,” Kabuto bowed and passed the files over before turning to leave.

“Your sister,” Orochimaru said suddenly. “She's been handed a genin team. She'll be there, thakfully not as security.”

Kabuto paused and bowed his head. “I see, master. If the need arises I will aid you in anyway needed...”

He left, and Orochimaru leaned back, mildly pleased. It was a handy pawn, having a weakness of one of his failed experiments.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Momo made them practice for the after noon but at sunset, She let them take a break and decided they'd go out to eat. Of course, for ramen. Naruto was excited about it, and Sakura was happy for the break. Sasuke sat in the corner seat and brooded as usual.

“You guys aren't doing too shabby,” Momo yawned, and ordered them all up nice bowls of pork ramen with extra naruto bits :3.

They all ate quite happily and Momo told them about the other jutsu available to her that was on their level and the sort of thing they could move onto. Naruto seemed pretty eager to know when they'd start, even Sakura did.

“We're going to be the best ninja there can be!” Naruto cheered.

“Naruto, don't be so loud!” Sakura scolded.

Momo slurped up a noddle, “Let him be as loud as he wants,” she said, waving her hand. “A determined spirit is exactly what's needed to learn and grow. But if he gives me a headache, I'll give him one in return.”

Sakura had to leave to go home, so her parents wouldn't worry. Soon after, Sasuke just stood and left. Naruto remained, of course he would for all the free ramen. He was on his tenth bowl while Momo finished her second. She got him his next bowl, and smiled some.

“Always the hungry man,” Momo noted and put her chopsticks down. “Is it partly because of what you hold within you?”

Naruto's mood dampened nearly immediately and he looked to his ramen with less gusto. “I guess..”

Momo nodded and leaned close, “I know the exact feeling you have now..” she whispered. “Don't worry.”

Naruto looked up to her with unknowing eyes. “What?”

“The feeling to have a purpose greater than you can deal with. Having to put up with not just your own feelings but those around you and the .. the monsters inside you. It's hard but you're doing amazingly well, even at such a young age.”

Naruto stared at her, part of him didn't understand but part of him did. He put a hand to his stomach and looked down. “I feel like I'm going to be nothing, all because of this..”

“Don't feel that way.” Momo nudged him and paid for their food before getting him to walk with her outside. “Come on, They're selling ice pops and dango just around the corner.”

Naruto looked up, smiling some. “Can we split an ice pop?”

“Absolutely. Dumbass.”

They laughed together as they did indeed get an ice pop and split it.
XV, Something Useful, Something Drunk by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Hehehehe.
Orochimaru looked over the new reports from their mole in Konoha, and grinned suddenly at one part. “Perfect.. kukuku..”

He stood and slinked down to his labs where Kabuto was hunched over a table, preparing ready to inject vials of the serum. When Orochimaru entered, he looked up.

“Good evening, Orochimaru, I've already prepared some of the serum for you ahead of time.”

“Perfect. I need to send you out to test it on a subject in the field.”

Kabuto nodded immediately, of course, and accepted the paper in Orochimaru's hand. He looked it over. He had question's, of course, but you don't question Orochimaru, not if you value your life. He hurried out with two vials, going to get ready and leave.

~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Early in the morning from three different parts of the village came the following sounds: shrill screams- masculine and feminine; high pitched shouts of terror; and, Momo's favorite, a loud “Oh my fucking god Santa you're early by like months!”.

Momo leaned back and laughed, “Idiots..”



“God damnit sensei! What the hell!” the three nin shouted once they found their sensei, at the waterfall as per the messengers' instructions.

Momo looked up, from lounging in the grass. “Ah, you're here.”

“You had some old hobo man in our rooms watching us sleep? That's so weird!” Sakura shouted, “What were you thinking?”

“Well I was thinking those three fine gentlemen would love to baby sit some sleeping kids for a couple ryou an hour.”

“An hour? How long was that man in my room?” Sasuke asked heatedly.

“Well I sent them to each of you some time around four in the morning...”

That would mean about five hours each, give or take. They all shuddered. They each preffered the pigs or the spiders. Momo stood and stretched.

“Well now. I think today is the day where we see which element you all are good with!” Momo grinned. It wasn't exactly menacing but it wasn't the 'friendliest'. “So I can at least teach you all worth while things.”

They all looked at her, seeming to contemplate about it then actually forgive her for the hobo thing. Mostly. Momo formed a series of complex handsigns and formed four beautiful clear crystals, small enough to be held in one's hand. She handed one to each of them then held the last herself. She offered out her palm and closed her eyes, concentrating on her palm. The crystal rose and levitated for a moment before spiking suddenly with a rainbow of crystals, sharp and rough. It fell back in the palm of her gloved hand and she offered it for them to see.

“This is an element crystal. My clan invented them as a way of viewing the users native element. I have no set element, however, and it just reflects the element I use most. I guess you could say I am a crystal user,” Momo said, and looked to them one at a time. “You have to concentrate chakra to the crystal, and think only of the crystal. It will read the chakra and identify your element.”

“How?” Naruto looked confused. “It's a dumb crystal.”

Momo scowled. “Its ancient jutsu, Naruto don't question it. And crystal's aren't stupid. Watch your mouth or I'll deck you.”

Naruto shivered and looked to his two teammates. Sakura had closed her eyes and was concentrating all she could, Sasuke had his eyes open and he looked as dour as usual but he might have been concentrating as well.

Momo gave a nod to his crystal and he hmphed and scrunched his face up in concentration. Momo sat back down and relaxed. No way they would get it on the first try, what with them just learning chakra placement. They'd wear themselves out and she'd get a free pass to go get drunk that night. Not that she had a reason not to. Hmm.. That was indeed a good idea. Yep. She was going to go out and get wasted. Give the kids a day off.

It was a good hour before there was a sudden crackle in the air, and the crackle of electricity surrounded Sasuke's crystal. He made a noise of surprise and dropped it, it had become scorching hot in his hand. Their sensei sat up quickly, watching it. Sakura squealed and dropped her own.

“Sasuke, your element is lightning? That's so cool! And rare!” She looked delighted to be teamed up with such an amazing guy.

Sasuke played it off as nothing and shoved his hands in his pockets casually. Naruto hmphed in jealousy and concentrated all the more.

“Well then. I'm mildly impressed.” Momo stood and dusted her hands off. “I've only got one jutsu that's really worth learning lightning wise.”

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. “You do?”

“You doubt your teacher? I'm hurt.”

Momo winked and leaped across the river, turning to face them and performing the handseals. She crouched some and held one of her inner elbows, letting the other hand hang low. The air crackled and chirped as a ball of lightning formed. Chidori. They all stared wide eyed as she ran and met a boulder hand first. There was a loud crash and the boulder exploded some, sending rock shards everywhere. The kids all made noises of surprise and turned away to protect their faces.

Momo stood and popped her neck, turning to face them. “That was a technique known as chidori. As far as I know, only one ninja actually can perform it to it's fullest ability. He's an asshole.”

Sasuke's eye twitched. “And you just know how to use it?”

Momo thought for a moment, “Exactly. It's not any where close to my element so it really isn't something I ever considered mastering.”

Naruto grabbed up his crystal and kept at it. Sakura waved it off, sticking hers in her pocket. “Sasuke, so amazing!”

Momo rolled her eyes. An obsessive fan girl.. She leaned on a tree, letting out a tired breath. “Alright you guys.. your sensei needs to train some more by herself. Get outta here.”

Sasuke shrugged and left quite quickly, Sakura hurrying after to congratulate him more. Naruto lingered behind, trying still on the crystal. He looked a little pitiful. Momo looked to him and watched before sighing and standing.

“Come on, Naruto, you won't get it today.” She went up behind him and put her gloved hands over his, “Just stop it. You need to focus completely, cleared mind and with all your chakra.”

Naruto looked up to her with cute round eyes. He nodded and pocketed the crystal, pulling away and giving a wave. “Alright sensei, see you tomorrow!” he smiled warmly and ran off.

“Weird ass kid..”

Momo shook her head and looked up to the tree line. “I think you need to be heading out for a mission? “ she called.

Kakashi leaned back in the tree he'd been watching from and sighed before disappearing and heading for the gates. He did indeed have a mission to head out on.
XVI, God Damnit, It's Not Supposed to Still Hurt. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Bahaha.
Momo did indeed get very, very drunk. She went home and pulled out all the boxes she'd long designated to the spare unused room for storage in her home. For the next hour or so she made a complete mess, and passed out amongst the boxes. It was morning when she woke up, the light hitting her eyes mercilessly. She groaned and rubbed at her eyes, blinking suddenly realizing that the usual feel of her leather gloves wasn't there, instead it was soft cotton.

Her hands, rather than her regular gloves, had her old soft fingerless cotton gloves, blood red and up to her elbows. That made her blink again and she stood up, looking down to the clothes she wore.

“God damnit drunk me,” Momo growled.

She wore a red crop top and tight black shorts, her knee high boots with the studs and open toes. She was missing toes on one foot and she wiggled them instinctively when she looked at them. She saw her alarm clock and hmphed, looking for normal clothes to no avail. That made her mad and she kicked a few boxes before finding her jacket and gloves. She eagerly switched the gloves she wore to her usual gloves, and pulling her jacket on- buttoning it up of course. Then Momo headed out, going off to collect her students her own self.

Sakura, she woke by dumping a bucket of ice water on her. Sasuke was woken up with live leeches put in his bed, and, well... Naruto was woken up with ice dumped on him. None of them took too kindly at it, but by the time they'd jumped up, Momo had left, leaving behind a note reading “Ichiraku's. Twenty minutes.”

All it took was for the word “Ichiraku's” to appear and Naruto was there in ten. Sasuke took his sweet fucking time, Sakura catching up with him and still stroking his ego about him finding his element so soon.

“Took you long enough,” Naruto said, mouth full of ramen.

Momo snorted. “Looks like Sasuke is dead last this time.”

Sakura sat with Sasuke, “Don't worry Sasuke, you're still the best!” she smiled charmingly.

Momo rolled her eyes and ate her ramen, she was debating the pros and cons of killing Sakura. They all were a loud bunch, and when Iruka came in they all waved and smiled until they saw his grim expression.

“What's up, Iruka?” Momo looked to him, raising an eyebrow.

He glanced to the kids before leaning in close to her and whispering, “Kakashi was rushed to the hospital this morning.”

Momo dropped her chopsticks, and they clattered from the counter to the floor. The kids all looked over, and so Did Ichiraku. She mumbled an itadakimasu before standing and hurrying out. Iruka watched after. He knew she still cared.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Momo appeared in the hall of the hospital, and she looked around before sneaking a peek at the patient roster left out by a nurse. She blinked in surprise to see Kakashi was in one of the holding rooms. Windowless, usually protected with seals, and meant for criminals and the like. Still, she didn't question it and immediately made her way there. Two jounin stood at the door, and looked to her suspiciously before she growled.

“Out of my way.”

“No one can see him,” one said gruffly.

In response, she trapped them both in crystal. Their eyes and noses were free, but they couldn't move and they certainly couldn't cry out for help. Her eyes seemed smug as she moved past them and opened the door to the pitch black room. The screams started immediately and Momo's eyes widened before she let herself in and slammed the door shut, reaching for a kunai. By then, the screams had stopped.

Kakashi was panting lightly, “Who's there,” he breathed, searching the room. “What is it this time..”

Momo swallowed and got closer. “Who was it.”

He stilled and looked in the general direction of her voice, “What are you doing here. Who told you.”

His voice wasn't as cold as usual but it wasn't the friendliest.

She looked away. “Does it matter? I asked you a question.”

“... I was blindsided. I was hit from behind and I couldn't move a muscle. Never saw who it was.”

Momo nodded. “What is it?”

“Do you think I know? Any light hurts. It's like I'm being boiled alive.” Kakashi sat up some, “The only time it doesn't hurt is when it's dark.”

There was a moment of quiet, the only noise being Kakashi's breathing. Then, a rustle of the sheets as he sat up more and reached out, trying to find her. His hand brushed her arm and she bristled, stepping back.

“I shouldn't have come.”

A quiet pause, his mouth opened but he was still debating on what to say. “You're right, Yakushi. But you came anyway.”

Momo clenched her fists. “I did. I was stupid.”

She went to the door and held it open for a few moments, gripping the doorknob as she heard his cries of pain before slamming the door and disappearing.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

The kids had wandered off, thinking they weren't going to have lessons today. The two 'lovebirds' went off to town for dango. Naruto went off to the training grounds to try to discover his element. He was concentrating so hard, but it was broken when Momo appeared with a pained shout. She ran a hand through her hair and hit a tree, and hit it again and again. The tree was taking damage before she sank to her knees, crying.

Naruto looked wide eyed and had no idea what he was supposed to do, because there Momo was, miss scary and crazy, crying. He got closer.

“Sensei...?”

Momo looked up and to him, rubbing her eyes. “Naruto. You idiot.”

Naruto cocked his head before standing before her and leaning over. “Don't your hands hurt?” he asked, grabbing her hand and tugging at her glove. She tried to pull her hand away and off came the glove. His eyes widened and she yanked the glove from him and put it back on.

“No one is to know about anything you saw. You got that?” she asked, trying to sound cold.

Naruto nodded quickly and straightened.

“Good,” Momo nodded and stood, looking to the crystal in his other hand. She shook her head and made him walk over the pond nearby for a while to keep him practicing chakra control.
XVII, What Hurts is You Can't Say No. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
Alrighty, a long one and filled with shit, but dude. I couldn't not set up some tension, some drama, and some hate for sensei!
Naruto wanted to tell Iruka when they met up for barbecue, but he bit his tongue and held it in. His sensei had trusted him, and every time he thought about it his heart bubbled up more. Someone had trusted him. Someone who looked at him and praised him, who told him he was doing great and to never give up. The only other person to do that had been Iruka, but even then Iruka wanted to strangle his ass.

Iruka saw something was distracting his former student, and he nudged him. “You alright?” he asked.

Naruto looked over, and nodded. “Of course.”

“Then why are you of all people letting your beef start to burn?”

Naruto eeped and hurried to pull it off the grille, Iruka grinning some.

“Listen, does it have to do with your sensei?” Iruka grew serious again. “If there's something wrong, you need to tell me or the Hokage.”

The younger nin picked at his barbecue and then nodded. “Okay.” he said, and ate some, before biting his lip. “What happened the other day? Why'd sensei leave so fast?”

Iruka weighed the different answers he could give to that.. and sighed. “Well... Hatake Kakashi, another teacher.. He was on a mission and was hurt. Him and Momo used to be very close.”

“Before she was a missing-nin right?”

Iruka blinked. “What? What do you know about that?”

“Sasuke.. he looked at the bingo book Momo carries around all the time,” Naruto admitted, and scratched his head.

Iruka looked down to the meat sizzling on the grill, thinking about why she would possibly still have the bingo book, let alone carry it around with her.

“Adults have their secrets, just let them be, alright?” he smiled some. “She might be really shy about them.”

Naruto nodded, “Alright,” he smiled and stole Iruka's beef, that ended in a mini food fight!

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“Kakashi, sir, someone delivered something for you. We went ahead to make sure it was safe, and we're going to bring it in now..”

Kakashi looked to the door and covered up in the thick blanket, “I'm ready.”

The nurse entered and put it by the bed, “It's Miso with Eggplant and extra memna, from Ichiraku's.”

She bowed and left quickly, shutting the door. He waited a few moments before pushing the covers down and looking to it. He reached out to touch the bowl and felt how smooth it was, crystal. He clenched his fist, and looked away. Why would she remember.. let alone care..”

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

Momo watched the hospital from across the street before heading home. She headed up the stairs to her apartment slower, sensing chakra close by and was quite surprised to see Naruto sitting there at her door, flopped on his back and snoring. She cocked her head and got closer, nudging him with her foot.

“Oi, what are you doing at my apartment.”

Naruto groaned and snored louder. So Momo used a water jutsu on him. That got him up and sputtering.

“Sensei , what the heck!”

Momo smiled some and helped him up. “Well, you didn't wake up. Now tell me how the hell you found my apartment.”

“I just asked around a lot.” Naruto shrugged, shivering.

She let out a breath and let him in. “Come on, I'll dry you off..”

He went in eagerly, and saw the mess. “Momo, you were robbed!” he exclaimed. He thought robbers had trashed the place!

Momo sweatdropped. “No... I just made a mess looking for something...” She ushered him to the still decent living room.

Naruto shrugged. “Really? Do you need help cleaning it up?”

“I've.. got it..” she said, going to her room to grab a towel and coming back out to give it to him.

She dropped it on his head and ruffled his hair some, so when his head popped out from under it he looked all bedheady and really adorable. That made her huff and sit down on the couch.

“Thanks!” He started to dry off and curled up under it.

“So.. Why did you come here?”

“Well.. I..” he looked to his knees, gripping the towel some. “I just needed somewhere to go..”

Momo frowned. “Don't you have an apartment?”

Naruto bowed his head some, and tears fell. “I..”

“Naruto. Tell me what happened. Now.”

It was several moments before he spoke again, “Everything is gone.”

Momo gripped her fists and stood. “You stay here,” she growled before disappearing.

Naruto looked up and around, he didn't know where she went but with her reaction, he didn't think she was going to go anywhere for a bite to eat. Naruto stayed where he was on the couch, falling asleep there before Momo got back. She'd discovered that yeah his apartment had been emptied, and the landlord had the gall to move someone else in that day. It made Momo furious, but when she went in and saw him sleeping so.. She looked around and sighed before laying him down and covering him up.

She let him be then went off to clean up the mess, sorting out what was what and leaving the boxes in her room before going to bed herself.

Of course... hehe. She was woken up with her panties being yanked off and her tormentors hot mouth on hers.

“Long time no see..” he growled. “I'm going to fuck you till you can't stand.”

He did, well, tried, because he was making so much noise Naruto wandered in sleepily and froze, “Sensei??”

The man looked over and growled, “What are you doing here?”

Naruto saw Momo's mildly upset face, mildly bland face, and his own face reflected his growing anger. “You stay off of her!”

“Naruto, just get out,” Momo warned as the man stood and fixed himself before drawing a kunai.

In that moment, Naruto had charged at the man and was beating on him with fists. The man threw him off with ease and he hit the wall with a yelp. Momo looked furious and she stood wobbly, doing handsigns and shooting a fireball right at him. He made a noise as well and disappeared with a warning growl. Momo looked around and yanked on shorts before rushing to Naruto.

“What were you thinking?” she said, voice cracking. “Why did you come in here?”

Naruto rubbed his neck and looked at her, “I heard the noises... Wasn't he hurting you? Why were you letting him? You're so strong!”

Momo looked away, clenching her fists. “It's complicated, Naruto. It's nothing you'd understand.”

“But--”

“But nothing, Naruto. This is between us and only us, as well. Do you understand me?”

Naruto looked up at her, he understood, he understood so well, but he was still confused. Momo shook him a little and he flinched.

“I understand!”

“Good...” Momo relaxed her grip some and hugged him gently. “Why don't we share the couch tonight..”

~~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

In the morning, an Anbu left a note on her door that she was expected by the Hokage. Momo dragged Naruto with her, that way they would go to the training grounds when they were done. Ibiki was there and heavily bandaged. He gave a sharp look to Momo, and Momo returned it with one of indifference.

“Momo, I've got a report of you attacking a fellow jounin...” the hokage started, his eyes looking her over.

She gripped her gloved hands into fists, “I've nothing to say about this.”

“But Momo!” Naruto started to say more but he shut up quickly, looking away.

That intrigued the Hokage. He contemplated asking Naruto to clarify the sudden outburst's reason, but decided to do so in private.

“Momo, we're going to investigate this. If it was done maliciously and with ill intent, you'll be taken into custody and with your history, you'll receive the harshest of punishments.”

Momo nodded stiffly and left, Naruto tagging along right behind. They went right to the training grounds. Sasuke and Sakura were there, practicing with kunai. Momo barked out for them to continue chakra control, and nudged Sakura into continuing working on her crystal. Naruto, she just glared at and told him to get working on his crystal. After that, she brooded over along the treeline.

Sakura's crystal glowed and turned cloudy brown, caking over with chalky dry mud. Sakura ran to tell her dear sensei, but Momo only shrugged.

“Earth. Nothing special,” she said, her eyes falling to Naruto who was still struggling.
XVIII, Jealousy Killed the Kitten, but the Cat Survived Longer. by AkatsukiLemonLover23
Author's Notes:
SORRY!! Short but sweet for a simple return. It's going to get crazy soon... Next chapter is working now.
“I'm sick and tired of her..” Sakura muttered, looking at her muddy crystal.

It looked ugly. Plain. Something not befitting a prideful kunoichi like herself, though she herself would never admit to falling prey to the deadly sin of pride. She threw it into the bushes and watched as Sasuke sparred with two clones of their sensei. Said sensei was sitting by a tree and showing Naruto how to focus chakra easily enough. Sakura hmphed and stalked off. She wasn't going to put up with it today, if not ever.

Momo watched her go out of the corner of her eye and shrugged, returning to giving her attention to Naruto. “You're doing pretty well, but you just need to concentrate. I know it's pretty hard, but once you get the hang of it it will just get easier.”

She smiled and Naruto laughed some, scratching his neck. “We won't really use it a lot, though, will we?”

“Of course you will. I use it every day, because that's how I control crystals.” Momo watched as Sasuke darted over the water, he was picking it up pretty well, and was able to run and target practice.

“You guys better pick up the pace, and you better figure out your element. I want to start teaching you guys jutsu before the Chuunin exams.”

“The exams? We're going to participate?” Naruto stared.

“Yeah so get to work.” Momo stood and waited for him to get back to it, and then she turned her attention to Sasuke.

He was driven by hatred, by revenge. Wasn't she similar so long ago? Even today? Momo shook her head. Sasuke needed something stronger and more lasting to drive him. It sure wasn't love, let alone companionship. She darted to behind him, just as he was backing up. When he bumped into her, he whirled around, kunai ready. He only slightly relaxed.

“I'm going to start to teach you the Chidori,” she decided, and Sasuke lowered his kunai.

“What?”

“Well, that and the jutsu I'll teach you all, but you need something of a trump card.”

Sasuke hmped. “Finally.”

“Oh, what a nice attitude..” Momo cuffed him on the head. “Ungrateful brat.”

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“How are you feeling, Kakashi?” The Hokage asked, sitting by Kakashi's bed. It had been just quiet for the first part of his visit, and now the Hokage decided to talk.

“Tired. And Angry. I let myself be caught off guard,” Kakashi shook his head. “They still don't know what's wrong with me.”

“A sudden allergy to any source of light.. it doesn't feel natural one bit.”

“I know who's behind this,” Kakashi clenched his fist.

“Yes, Orochimaru. He's been quiet as of late, but reports of nin around his compounds, around this.. Sound Village of his.. have been growing. I wonder if Momo would know anything of this.”

“Che... I wouldn't be surprised.” Kakashi leaned back, his heart aching now, at the mere thought of Momo. It angered him further.

“Don't just bottle up emotions because of past events, Kakashi. Nothing would get done if everyone went around doing that.”

Kakashi made a noise of frustration. “Enough of that traitor. I need to get out of here, I need to find out what this was for, what Orochimaru is planning.”

“And we're trying to aid you. There's nothing we can do for now.”

“So we're sitting ducks..”

“You're the only sitting duck,” the Hokage chuckled. “We'll be fine without you.”

He stood and waited for Kakashi to get ready then left. Kakashi felt suddenly very alone.

~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~

“I visited him yesterday, he's completely incapacitated. He's stuck in a full dark room,” Kabuto said, and looked over notes. “It should prove fatal if he is exposed to light for an extensive period of time, so it seems to be a success.”

Orochimaru looked pleased. “Good.” he said, “Now to prepare for the attack. And not to mention, the Chuunin Exams. You'll be participating, of course.”

Kabuto bowed. “Of course, Sensei.”
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=11231