Naruto: The Mystic Blade by RyuKazuki
Summary: A story about an escort mission assigned to Naruto and friends, when it turns into a battle to defend a small town with their lives.
Categories: General Fiction > Naruto, General Fiction > Naruto Shippuuden Characters: Naruto Uzumaki, OC, Shikamaru Nara, Tenten
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1947 Read: 2988 Published: 15/09/10 Updated: 24/08/11
Story Notes:
This is a very old fanfiction I wrote. One of my first.

1. Chapter 1 by RyuKazuki

2. Chapter 2 by RyuKazuki

Chapter 1 by RyuKazuki
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own anything of Naruto except the OC's in the story.

This story also takes place during the shippuden time period, enjoy!
On the start of a morning in Konohagakure, everyone begins to wake and start their daily lives in the village. Only a few hours later, Naruto woke up and got himself ready for another day, afterward he walked to the Hokage's building to receive his new mission orders. As he walked into the room, he saw Lady Tsunade sitting at her desk and Shizune was standing behind her. Shikamaru and Tenten turned to Naruto from where they were standing.

"Its good to see you've finally arrived Naruto.." Tsunade said as she glanced at him, her chin resting on her hands. "Now that you're all here we can begin with the start of your mission briefing."

Naruto then interrupted, "Why's this mission all that important?"

"Maybe if you'd shut up and listen for once Naruto, then we'd know!" Shikamaru said, annoyed at the interruption.

"May I continue then?" Tsunade said, a bit anxious to continue with the information.

"Yes Lady Tsunade, please continue." Tenten said content on the mission details.

Tsunade sighed and then continued, "I need the three of you to escort a man to a village in the country, the town is called Kariku town. You will also be taking two rookies with you, so you all best set examples for them. Do you understand me?"

"What?" Naruto yelled, "Along with some old coot, we have to take two new guys?"

"Pipe down, this will show you some responsibility for once Naruto." Tsunade snapped back at his outburst.

Naruto spoke under his breath, too low for anyone to understand.

Tsunade called to the guards on the other side of the door, "Bring in the two genin!"

The door opened again as two bottom level genin shinobi walked in, the two of them were a boy and girl around the ages of twelve years old. The boy had short green hair and yellow eyes, wearing a black t-shirt, and black pants. Over the shirt he had a red windbreaker jacket, the collar sticking up and it was opened up showing the black shirt underneath, as for his red Konoha headband, it sat straight across his forehead back around and tied behind his head.

The girl not only a few inches shorter than the boy, was a brunette, her hair was a little longer than the boy's but not by much, and had brown eyes. She wore her black Konoha headband across her head just like how the boy had his, although she had fingerless gloves on her hands as well. She wore a fishnet shirt and over that a normal black t-shirt, along with a pair of blue shorts and a face mask covering the bottom half of her face.

Naruto and the others turned to face the genin.

"Please if you will.. introduce yourselves.." Tsunade said as she sat back in her chair.

The girl bowed and then began to speak, "My name is Hayai of the Tonami clan." She then rose back to her standing position.

The boy turned his head to the right some and scoffed as he crossed his arms, "My name is Sachi."

Tsunade continued on, "As you both were informed, you're both going on a C-Rank escort mission with these three. I expect you to do your best and behave!"

"What about the information on our escort?" Tenten asked, wanting to know a little more detail about the mission details.

"Yeah, how can we know to trust this guy, or who might be after him?" Shikamaru added in.

"There's nothing to worry about, he's just a weapon maker. He's a very kind and generous man, you have nothing to worry about!" Tsunade said trying to reassure them.

"Then why does he need an escort, can't he travel home alone?" Naruto started getting a bit cocky and annoyed with the mission already.

"He has a lot to carry with him and he's not as young as you would think."

"Man, this mission already sounds boring!"

"Quit your whining! That's all the information I have here, I want you all to pack your things and meet our client at the village gate in one hour."

The five left to their homes to go get their things for the trip to Kariku town. Then an hour later they arrived at the village gates. As they did the five of them seemed to gather together, when they saw their client.

The escort was a middle aged man wearing a straw hat on his head, a pack filled with all different types of weapons in it and some hanging from it. He was wearing a sleeveless brown coat and a pair of gray shorts, along with a pair of sandals on his feet. His hair was brown with a slight bit of blonde in it and his eyes were a light blue color. He looked up from a map he was holding and turned to them smiling a bit.

"Hello children, shall we start traveling?" The client said as he kept the shining smile on his face.
Chapter 2 by RyuKazuki
The man turned and walked off from the gates ready to start the journey to his destination. The five of them were a bit afraid of how happy he seemed, it was a little too happy to them.

Naruto then groaned aloud, "We have to spend at least three days with a super peppy guy like that! This is going to be torture!"

The other four started walking. "Come on Naruto, he can't be that bad." Tenten said trying to lighten the mood.

Naruto then caught up to the others, trying not to lag behind this time.

"What a beautiful day, not even a cloud in sight to ruin this sunshine!" The man exclaimed, looking in the sky then back to his map following the path home.

"So sir, why do you-?" Tenten started, but she got cut off by the man, "Please, call me Idato!" Tenten continued after he finished, "All right.. Idato, why do you need an escort back to your home town, is it that common that people would attack you?"

Idato sighed some before he spoke, the smile fading away, "I suppose I could tell, we do have a long way to go before we reach Kariku town. Well, when I was younger, I was always the type of man for exploring the land along with my occasional weapon making, back then to me it was just a hobby. Legend has it, that deep in the forests of Kariku town, there lies an area no human had gone before. Within that area was a sword with demonic powers to control the five elements of the planet, and anyone who tried to go near had failed. I was intrigued by legends so much, that I had to witness it for myself. All I remember of that day is that I had woken up back in town in the home of what was my soon to be fiancé. Word spread of my achievement and everyone in town knows who I am, which is bad now because there is someone who is after me, wanting to know the location of the sword."

Sachi turned and started to walk back. Hayai then grabbed a staff off her back that she brought from home and set it in front of Sachi's feet, tripping him up as he fell on his face. Everyone turned to him as Hayai started yelling, "Oh no you don't! You're not leaving just because you don't want to fight, you lazy bum!"

Sachi mumbled under his breath, "I just don't want to be stuck dealing with a brunette tomboy kunoichi that makes Tsunade look flat chested."

"What?" She screamed and took her staff as she started beating him with it.

After a few minutes, Sachi regained his place in their group, walking along with them with a few bruises and a lump on his head. Hayai keeping a deadly glare on her face.

"Hey, you guys are prepared for any ambushes aren't you?" Shikamaru asked, looking between Naruto and Tenten as they both nodded. Shikamaru then turned to the other two and asked them, "What about you guys?"

They both nodded as well.
Later they sat down and rested for a bit for lunch. They all settled down and began eating. Although, Sachi sat in the shade by himself not eating just sitting with his arms crossed.

Naruto glanced over at him and then looked back keeping his voice low, "Hey what's his problem, why's he not over here eating?"

Hayai responded, purposely being loud so Sachi would hear, "Oh nothing really, he's just being a spoiled rich brat like he always is!"

Sachi glared over but said nothing keeping his anger low. He wasn't in any mood to start a fight.

"Maybe if we were more inviting he'd come over!" Idato chimed.

Sachi jolted his head up, grabbing two kunai from his pouch and threw them as they whizzed by Hayai's head.

Hayai jumped up and started to explode on him, "What was that about you big idiot?"

"Shut up..."

"What did you say to me?"

"If you're any louder they'll hear us..."

"They?" Naruto said, he wasn't sure he liked the sound of that.

"We're being watched." Sachi said, slowly grabbing a sword off his back from its sheath.

In an instant a large smoke explosion went off in the middle of the shinobi and their lunches, a net shot out and grabbed Idato, wrapping around him like a tight blanket. The others got knocked back as the smoke cleared, three shinobi appeared from the dissipating gas.

"Alright kids! Now move along while we take the old guy.." One of the enemies said.

Shikamaru turned to Hayai and Sachi as they all got up from after the impact, "You two go try and get Idato and guard him while we take care of these three!"

Hayai started to object to the order, "Now wait a minute-!" Sachi ran up and grabbed her running toward Idato to free him, as he said to Hayai while they were running, "We don't have time for any disagreements right now, we have to protect the old man!"

Shikamaru started making handsigns as Tenten pulled out a large scroll starting to summoning her bombardment of weapons.

Naruto was on his knees by the food, he was sobbing over the fact of it it being tainted by the dust and dirt that got in it when the enemies arrived. "What have you done to all this beautiful food?" He said getting up and rushing at the enemies a ball of chakra forming in his hands. "You destroyed my ramen lunch, you monsters!" Naruto yelled, rushing at the center enemy and then slamming the chakra ball into the enemy ninja, sending him flying back. The other two flew to the side hitting trees on the sides of the path. "Rasengan!" Naruto yelled as the attack hit and the enemies became unconscious.

Everyone else blinked and stopped their attacks, Sachi had already cut Idato from the net by then. The others came back as they all packed up their things, Sachi used what was left of the net to tie up the enemies. As they continued along the path, Naruto was disappointed at his ruined meal. Though watching them from in the trees were three other shinobi, hidden by the brush.

"Shall we attack them now Ms. Kami?" Said one of them.

"No, but soon enough. We can try again for another ambush and Lord Eiji will find the location of the Yodachi blade." Kami's voice responded, she along with the other two, were hidden in the brush of the trees.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10114