Birthday by SleepingToDream
Summary: On her birthday, Sakura receives the one gift that's worth waiting for. One shot! Drabble. Sakura+Sasuke.
Categories: Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Sasuke and Sakura Characters: Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 183 Read: 1563 Published: 01/10/07 Updated: 01/10/07
Story Notes:
I own nothing, no one and certainly not Naruto or any thing related. I make not a red cent on this story.
Birthday by SleepingToDream
Birthday

Sakura always loved her birthday, though not for the reasons you would expect. It wasn’t the cake, cards, flowers, party, or even the gifts for her friends and family.

No, the real reason she loved her birthday was at the end of the day; when the party was over and the chaos of the day complete, her children tucked into their beds, she received the one gift that she had waited all year for…

It never mattered that he always got her the same singular gift because she’d never tire of receiving it. For on her birthday her husband would draw her into his strong embrace and in the stillness of the night whisper that one precious sentence that never escaped his soft lips the other three hundred and sixty-four days of the year.

His obsidian locks would fall onto her face as she leaned against him, his breath warm in her ear; and ever so softly, he’d whisper, “I love you, Uchiha Sakura.”

And in that moment, she could swear that heaven could be found in an utterance.
End Notes:
Being the Emo King that he is I just can't see Sasuke spouting I love you's, he's the kinda guy that would just expect you to KNOW. I got tired of the "Sasuke the sap" stories and wrote this.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=6554