TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bonds & Feathers by Harienju, Queen Diva

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: There will be mentions of different anime in this story.
Chapter notes: I own the plot and characters in this story.
Chapter I:


Dreams
What are these things that we call ‘dreams’
Why are they so important to these humans


Rain droplets quicken their plummet on the asphalt as the frantic sounds of an ambulance truck echoed through the night-coated streets. From the skies above, two figures were watching the events as the progress. One of the figures were a female with large wings branching from her back as the angel could only watch as the other figure beside her curled into a small ball.

“I can’t believe this.” Whispered the curled up figure as the angel could only sadly smile at the figure.

“It’s true, I’m sorry.” was all the angel was able to say to the figure. She carefully scooped the figure in her arms. When the angel disappeared with the figure, the paramedic that checked the fallen figure’s pulse let out a breathe of relief, “It’s faint.” The doors to the ambulance quickly shut as the vehicle was making their way to the hospital. While inside the ambulance, the paramedic was working on the fallen figure quickly to try to bring the person back to the world of the living.

“Hey boss, you know her?” The fellow paramedic asked as the one that was working on her just looked up at the younger member and answered, “I see her every day, walking aimlessly or just looking for some place to save her.”

The other paramedic looked at the elder male in confusion as he answered, “She’s a junkie apparently.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So… Jade Amethyst Washington, age sixteen… parents died at the age of five… transferred from foster home to foster home and gotten involved with the wrong crowd, yet saved a small child from being hit by a crazed, drunken driver.” An old man with glasses while large white wings cloaked over his body as he looked over at the shaken spirit of the girl. The man’s eyes gleam with slight happiness as he looked over the files in his hand as he announced in a calm voice, “Well, it turns out that your body is trying to call you back to it.”

“What does that mean, sir?” The young woman asked as the elderly man just smiled kindly at her and commented, “It means you can return back to the world of the living and continue your life.” Jade raised her eyebrow at the man in front as she finally noticed the one who brought her to this place was waiting near a pair of gates for the young woman.

“It means Jade, your soul hasn’t been completely torn from your body.” The man closed the files as his calm eyes looked directly into Jade’s eyes, warning her, “If you don’t get in contact with your body before they decide to freeze it, you will be a wondering spirit. Actually you will be a spirit trapped in the world of living; you can’t go to heaven or hell.” The old man touched Jade’s shoulder as he nodded towards the woman when she opened the gates. Harsh winds surrounded the three as the old man just smiled at her.

“This is a second chance.” The old man said as he harshly pulled Jade into the winds, out of the gates. The gates shut tightly as the old man just smiled lightly at the woman, “I hope someone can help her.”

The woman just smile while the old man just shake his head at her while he said, “I always wanted ask you a question, but I’ll wait, Elijah.”

Elijah just nodded her head in understanding while she appeared to be thinking as she vanished slowly in the air. The old man’s eyes looked at the files in his hands while he noticed a small picture of a young woman and her child in her arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of bleach, medicine and death draped over the halls of the hospital as Jade landed on the floor. She just huffed in annoyance as she tried to find the hospital room that held her body. Her eyes drifted towards the people that occupied the rooms she walked passed. Jade stopped when she saw an older woman hugging her child tightly to her person as she heard the whispers of worry and love from the older woman. The young child tugged lightly on the woman’s sleeve as the child asked with innocence hope, “Can I see her? The girl that help me, mommy. I want her to play with me again.” Jade let a small smile adorn her thin lips as she could only watch the woman struggling with her words.

“She’s sleeping right now, sweetie. Maybe tomorrow.” The older woman said as the young child just nodded in happiness. Jade felt something swelling within her heart as she continued on her walk towards the room her body was held captive.

“I hope she dies!” A loud shout echoed through the halls as Jade picked up her speed when she finally reached to see an older woman with crazy looking hair that was being restrained by security outside the door of a hospital room.

“Miss! You shouldn’t things like that about your own child!” Shouted the doctor that was there that was blocking the door. The older woman’s eyes narrowed in venomous anger as she spitted out, “That thing isn’t my daughter!” The older woman wrestle herself from security’s grasp as she marched out towards the exit of the hospital.

“Hey doc, that’s crazy…” One of the security guards said as Jade slipped passed the doctor that was blocking the door. The doctor stayed silent as the security guards just shrugged their shoulders as they continued their rounds. The doctor opened the door as he quietly shut the door while Jade was lying against the wall, watching the doctor.

The doctor took a seat beside the sleeping body of Jade as he said in a calm tone, “I thought a mother is supposed to protect and provide for her child.”

“She isn’t a mother… she’s not my mother.” Jade whispered harshly as the wind brought the temperature down in the room. The doctor sneezed as he slightly shivered while he lightly chuckle, “I’m sorry to upset you.”

Jade gasp loudly as the temperature went back to normal in the room while the doctor smiled in her direction. “I just think that you fallen in the wrong path and no one took the time to bring you back to the right one.” Jade just shook her head while she took a step towards the bed that held her body.

“Will this time be different?” The doctor asked when he thought she was close to the body. Jade spared a glance at him as she place a hand over her pale, sickly one. Her eyes widen in shock as she was begun fading slightly. Jade just shook her head as she carefully climbs onto the hospital bed and blended within her body once again.

“I’ll come to check on you in the morning…” The doctor said as he closed the door. The slight rise and fall of the body’s chest became normal slowly as warmth was slowly returning to the body. Unknown to the sleeping youth, a woman appeared in the room as large rose-colored wings cloaked her body while she let a smile adorn her lips.

“Hey big sis… I miss you and I’m happy that you are alive again.” The woman lightly chuckle as a tear stained her cheek as she continued, “Next time, I hope you’re coming to stay forever with us. Mom, dad and me.” The woman‘s eyes soften as she appeared to thinking, “Mom said you always had a talent in painting and singing. I remember seeing you paint in art classes when you were still in school, but I never heard your voice.” She choked back a sob as she whispered softly, “Except when you are trying to call for help.” The woman was close to the bed as she leaned down her face towards the sleeping Jade’s face.

“You know… you look at peace… but when you are sleeping, you are supposed to be. Or that what dad says, actually.” The woman whispered calmly in Jade’s ear. The woman’s wise eyes soften at the sleeping form and begun disappearing slowly into the wind.