TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Painted Faces by SpiritOak

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: A/N: Extremely experimental. Basically, it was an attempt at a one-sided conversation story. The speaker is Kankuro while on a date with Moegi. Obviously, as far as pairings go, this is crack to the max. Seriously... who sees these two together? Story obviously takes place sometime in the future, because Moegi would need time to grow up. Warning: this was written in about two hours. It's only 750 words though..
Painted Faces

Um, so… uh, how did you like the ramen here?

Yeah, it wasn't quite as good as Ichiraku Ramen. Still pretty good, as far as ramen goes. I mean, ramen's not bad, but I prefer hamburger myself.

Do I pay for the meal...? Who pays for the meal?

You? I feel a little cheap letting you pay. I can cover both of us, if you want.

Okay, we’ll both pay this time…

I didn’t mean it like that! I do appreciate you paying for your half, but this is a date; I should be treating you.

What? I’m not jittery! No, not jittery at all. Hahahah!

Okay, so maybe I am a little jittery tonight. A little. It’s been a while since we’ve been able to go out like this. We rarely get a chance to work together. I mean, it isn’t like there are many reasons for Suna and Konoha to work together nowadays…

Oh, by the way, I really like your new haircut. It makes you look less… I don’t know. I mean, when your hair was longer and you used to put it up, you looked like a walking disa – Put down that tray!

I don’t look like a clown! … Do I?

Oh, okay. It's okay. I deserved that...

Okay, I forgive you. I’m sorry about what I said. That came out wrong. I meant to say, you look lovely tonight.

You’re welcome.

Wait! I’ll walk you home, okay?

Huh? Are you talking about when we met?

Oh, yeah… uh, I guess I should apologize for threatening to beat up your friend. I think I made you cry…

That’s true. It was years ago. Little late for apologies now, huh?

No, I don’t think I’ve really changed from them. I still hate little brats, but I’m not about to beat them up. Wait, are you asking if I see you like a little brat? That’s what I thought. That’s not true. That was years ago! You weren’t even old enough to be a ninja back then. We’re both adults now.

Hey… I bought something for you. Do you want to see?

Glad you like it. Hey, don’t use it while we’re walking! You might drop it or walk into-- Ah! Are you okay? You're bleeding...

Why did I get it? No reason. You mentioned before that you wanted more blush. I know how you’ve always wanted flushed cheeks. When you were younger you used to always steal your mother’s favorite blush. I think maybe someone should’ve taught you how to apply it. It, uh… looked a little gaudy on you…

A little! But, but you still looked cute! It just seemed a bit of a waste. You have a nice complexion. You’re pale as a ghost, but you look really pretty that way.

Okay, so maybe sometimes I can lay off the kabuki paints too… But that’s warpaint! People expect me to wear it.

Oh, right. It’s the same for you. Everybody is use to your pink cheeks…

No, I’m not mad. Just disappointed. I’m pretty sure no one would have problems if you stopped using blush. I mean, I thought you were pretty without it. You always look pretty, but you know… It was a nice change. You looked like a princess.

That's not true. I'm not being sweet. I'm being honest...You’re welcome, Moegi.

Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Let’s go out together again tomorrow, okay? Okay, good. I’ll see you then.

When will I be leaving? Oh yeah, that’s right. Our mission is almost over, isn’t it…? In about a week. I’ll make time to write you while in Suna.

Okay, tomorrow then. See ya. Tell Konohamaru I said hi.

My tone didn’t mean anything. I’m not jealous. Well, maybe a little. I mean, you did say you had a crush on him…

Why did you bring that up? Wait, are you laughing? Okay, so maybe his expression was funny when I stuck him on that tree branch, but aren’t you a little heartless laughing about that?

Ah! No, it’s fine. You can laugh. No, I'm serious! You should laugh more often. You’re really pretty when you do, you know?

I know it was a long time ago. I just felt a little uncomfortable. It's okay... you two being friends. I just don't want you to be anything more than just that. Sometimes I still worry while I'm back home in Suna about you two... I always thought he would be the more convenient boyfriend.

It's not that I suspect you cheating on me! I just worry that you might realize he's the better guy. Even if he is weak... and obnoxious... and...

Okay, so maybe I am still jealous... I'm sorry.

Yeah, I know. I love you, too. Goodnight, Moegi.

Chapter end notes:

A/N: Please don't whimper in pain. It's an experimental story with an experimental crack pairing. Yeah, it's kinda poorly done... Besides, it's also my first romantic story that didn't turn into mere lust. Really, romance and me don't mix, but I think using this form of story forces me to think of gushy feelings instead of 's/he's so hot!' or 'I can't control myself! Hey, let's make out randomly!'.

I like the idea of Moegi's blush circles being artificial. It seems to fit her. I mean, she seems the sort of girl who tries to look like a model or sexy adult (actually, that's pretty much what she said...). Without the circles her skin is kinda pale for her dark eyes, so I imagine pale skin would be one of her biggest "flaws." And she happens to be very bad at putting on blush to avoid this. VERY bad.