TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Hanyous Tale. by Xx_sakura_blossom_xX

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
______________________________________________________________________________

Inuyasha as a father figure? Oh joy!

A/N: This is a shot at a parental kinda fic. Its probably going to sink faster than a stone in water but at least I can say that I posted it. (This is a re-post of a previous 'A HAnyous Tale. I wanted to do things a little different this time and I would like to thank all those who read my other story)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Inuyasha.

Please read and review!
______________________________________________________________________________

A Hanyous Tale.
By Xx_Sakura_Blossom_xX.


Chapter One.


Sarutobi rubbed his temples and sighed as he turned to look at a small blue cradle sitting in a corner of his office. It had been made specially be a friend of the Yondaimes who had managed to somewhat reproduce the Shodaimes bloodline, even if he couldn't do much more than urge the wood to grow a certain way. Inside the cradle was a sleeping baby with lightly tanned skin, bright blue eyes and a mop of yellow blond hair. Atop his head was a pair of furry blonde fox ears and three whisker marks marred his otherwise smoothe cheeks.



The aging Kage tucked a small blue blanket tightly around the sleeping babe and thought back on the events of the past few days. The Kyuubi No Kitsune had attacked Konoha with no warning and had decimated their shinobi forces and destroyed half the village. In the end the Yondaime Hokage had sealed the demon into his only son, sacrificing himself in the process. And now Sarutobi had been reinstated as the Sandaime Hokage.



Some how along the way, the sealing had gone wrong and the demon youkai had merged with the poor child and had given the boy fox ears and whiskers. his eyes also had slitted pupils. His chakra was almost completely demonic and his little fingers had claws instead of nails. He was a quiet baby and hadn't cried at all in his three days of existance.



Sarutobi knew what he had to do, what he would have to do to the oblivious baby. He was under strict orders from both the villagers and the council to kill the baby. They just couldn't abide a demon living in their village, learning their techniques and growning up with their children, however nor could they let another village have the power of the Kyuubi. It was sad that the Hokages power had dwindled so that he couldn't save the life of one innocent child.



He just couldn't bring himself to harm such and innocent, unique little baby so he had decided to send it away in secret, in the hope that some one would find and take care of him, the only people who knew of this was his student Jiraya and the Yondaimes student Kakashi, both were little Narus godfathers and had a right to know. Sending the child away was the most they could do, at least this way there was a sliver of hope that the baby might survive.



Throwing one last sorrowful glance at the peacefully sleeping child and for once hating the village he had sworn to protect the Hokage ran through a set of handsigns. The seals he had drawn around the babys cradle a few hours earlier glowed bright blue and began to move. They converged around the broken seal on the babys navel. The seal that was suposed to preserve his humanity and keep back the Kyuubis influence.



The Sandaime winced as the baby woke and began to cry as the seals burned his soft skin, Wide blue eyes swiveled around the room before landing on the Hokage and filling with tears, the baby couldn't understand why the nice man who had been so kind to him was causing him so much pain. Within second the glowing symbols had covered every inch of the blondes skin and with a wail the baby dissapeared, cradle and all.



The Hokage collapsed onto his chair and drew a shakey breath, his hands trembled slightly as they gripped the arms of his chair and his eyes closed tiredly. It was times like these that Sarutobi was forcefully reminded that the Hokages job was not all paperwork and pleasant talks with academy students, somethimes sacrifices must be made for the good of the whole. He knew this but it didn't make sending the child he had sworn to protect to certain death weigh any less heavy on his mind. Behind this eyelids pictures of Narus accusing blue eyes filled with pain and confusion before dissapearing with a frightened cry flashed. A lone tear slipped down the Sandaimes cheek just as the the sun began to rise.


______________________________________________________________________________



Thousands of miles away in a nameless forest in the west another hanyou was hunting. Well, trying to hunt would be more acurate seeing as all the animals he usually ate were hibernating annoyingly early. And waking up a grumpy bear and its cubs was not how Inuyasha wanted to go about things. The silver haired hanyou ignored the growling in his stomach as he jumped swiftly over a small stream and deeper into the forest.



The ground was hard and cold against his bare feet and the wind rushed through the holes in his tattered red robe as he ran faster, his nose in the air as he searched for something edible. He grinned viciously as he felt a shift in wind telling him that something was nearby, something small and warm and hopefully defenceless, maybe a baby bear that had gotten lost or a deer or something.



Altering his course Inuyasha ran back over the stream and followed it east until he reached a small clearing that was in a near perfect circle. The clearing crackled with a strange energy not unlike that of a miko and it stank of smoke and ozone. The silver haired hanyou stopped and sniffed the air cautiously, he did so not want to be purified, thank you very much. Hungry he may be, suacidal he was not. The only other smell, was a strange mix of human and fox. A hanyou perhaps.



And there went Inuyashas dinner out the window, because there was no way in hell he was turning into a canibal. He slowly walking further into the clearing and raised an eyebrow when he saw a small wooden cradle rocking softly in the breeze. It was expertly carved, there wasn't a nail or gap anywhere, almost like a tree had naturaly grown in the shape of a cradle. It had been handpainted blue and looked valuble. So why the hell was it abandoned in the middle of no-where?



That was when he heard a small whimper from inside the cradle. Inuyashas fingers twitched as he ignored every instinct that told him to just leave and find food somewhere else, that whatever was in the cradle wasn't going to be worth the trouble. He walked over to the cradle and peered inside, his eyes narrowed in anger when he saw the small blonde baby crying softly and clutching at a blue blanket with tiny clawed hands. Two little blonde fox ears were set flat againt the babys head and faint whisker marks crossed each cheek. It was a fox hanyou. Abandoned and left to die.



Inuyasha felt the anger stir inside him as he looked around and sniffed the air furiously, try as he might he couldn't get anyother scent apart from the energy and the baby. The village the baby had been born in probably asked a miko to send the child away with a spell, its a wonder she hadn't killed the baby. Speaking of which, the child had stopped crying and was looking at Inuyasha with curious blue eyes, its golden eyelashes were stuck together with wet and tear tracks stained his little face.



He felt torn, there was no-way he was leaving the baby here but he couldn't exaxtly provide for it, heck he could hardly feed himself. He hesitantly extended a clawed finger and poked the baby, the blonde somehow managed to scowl at him and grab his finger. Tiny claws dug into the digit as the childs blue eyes narrowed and inspected it before biting down on it with small sharp fangs. Inuyasha yelped in surprise and pulled his finger back harshly, blood welled up around little pinpricks in his skin. He nearly ran away when the baby started to cry again and shushed it franticaly.



Surprisingly the baby hanyou did stop crying and instead held its arms out and looked expectantly at Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked at the baby in horror, it didn't really want him to pick it up, did it? Inuyasha had barely even seen other babys before, let alone held them but he was a bit afraid that the blonde would start to cry again if he didn't. Slowly, incase the baby tried to bite him again, Inuyasha lifted the blonde up and made an awkward cradle for it with his arms. The child gurgled happily and burried his face in the rough fabric of his fire rat robe.



Inuyashas face softened as the babys eyes fluttered closed and it began to snore softly, its tiny thumb in its mouth. He smiled down at the his sleeping ward before sighing and rolling his eyes. He guessed he would have to take care of the brat now. Why did these things always happen to him? He grabbed the fluffy blue blanket from the cradle but before he wrapped it around the baby Inuyasha tugged at the blondes nappy, feeling more than a little like a pedophile as he discovered the babys gender. 'Congradulations! It's a boy!' he thought sarcasticly as he looked back at the cradle. It was far to valuble to just leave here, at best he could sell it and get some food.



With a long suffering sigh he shifted the baby onto one arm and grabbed the cradle with the other. He had a better idea than just selling it. If all went well it could be used as a peace offering to a certain family. They did have a little boy around the blonde hanyous age, maybe a little older, ihad been around a year since he had seen them and Akira had been very pregnant then. It totaly wasn't his fault that he'd freaked out when he'd heard the baby kicking and set fire to half their house. Taisei had forgiven him but his wife and ordered him out until they got the house fixed up. Inuyasha hadn't felt the need to go back there but to his knowledge they had a spare room that he could stay in. Plus Akira could show him how to take care of the kid.



First though, he needed a name. Inuyasha racked his brains before remembering the babys vivid blue eyes. "Aoi" he murmered and like the way it rolled off his tongue, it sounded bright and happy just like this little boy should be, just like he would be if Inuyasha had his way. He wasn't one to give two fucks about most other people in his life or deliberatly do things to benifit complete strangers but Inuyasha knew that he would give Aoi a chance. A chance to grow and be a child in a way Inuyasha himself never had. With a wry smile and another roll of his amber eyes Inuyasha started running and for the last time that day, hopping over the small stream.


______________________________________________________________________________

Okaaay. I know that there are probably loads of spelling mistakes in that one! Sorry all I know I should be updating my other fics instead of posting random new ones. Blame the plot bunnies! They look cute but they are pure evilness!!!!

Please review and let me know what you think.

_____________________________________________________________________________