TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kokoro Uchiha by Rowanrose

[Reviews - 125]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: 6/23/12 If you are someone who is checking this story out of curiousity, leave please! A better rewritten version is available (It's called Cygnus Olor), so don't spoiler yourself! Thank you! ^_^ Here's the link to Cygnus Olor. http://narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10851 I hope you like this story!
Please Review!
I do not own Naruto only Kokoro! :)
8 year old Sasuke Uchiha bit his lip and stared down at his Academy homework, studying a particularly hard question. He sat back, sighing as he moved, and thought about his day at the Academy.
Suddenly, he was jolted out of his reverie as a small hand touched his shoulder gently.

“Sasuke Onii-chan,” said Kokoro, Sasuke’s 6 year old little sister. “What’s this?”

Kokoro held a small matchbox in her hand .Sasuke glanced at it, and said in a distracted tone,

“It’s a matchbox.”

“What’s a matchbox?” asked Kokoro, staring at Sasuke with onyx eyes that were so like his own. Kokoro was almost a mini Sasuke, with her black hair and onyx eyes and pale skin.

“A matchbox has sticks in it that make fire. If you strike the red end of the stick against the side of the box, it will make fire. Now go away and leave me alone. I’m doing my homework.” Sasuke said, closing his eyes.

He heard the small pitter-patter of her feet on wood as she left the room.

'Hm,' thought Sasuke. 'Really I wonder how she got those matches. Matches are dan- ACK! Did I just teach her how to use matches!?'

Sasuke sat up immediately and raced out of the room looking for Kokoro.

“Kokoro!” he yelled slamming open the doors as he searched for his sister. “Don’t light those matches!”

He opened the sliding kitchen door and stared in horror at his sister. She had lit a match and was staring fascinated as the bright flame traveled towards her hand.

“No!” Sasuke yelled. ”Drop the match!”

Kokoro looked up, startled. “Hm? Ow!” she said as she burnt her fingers and dropped the match. It immediately went out on the dirt floor and Sasuke quickly grabbed his sister’s hand and dragged her towards the sink.

Sasuke twisted the knob, and the tap poured cold water over her fingers lecturing her about the danger of fire, and how she should never play with matches, and so on.
Kokoro struggled as her brother lectured her, and winced when he pressed ice to her fingers, pulling away sharply.

“Onii-chan, it’s ok, my fingers don’t hurt anymore!”

Sasuke sweat dropped as she yelped when her fingers began to throb. Kokoro put her burnt fingers in her mouth and glared at Sasuke when he tried to remove them from her mouth.

“This helps!”

“Water is better!”

The two stood there, glaring, when their mom showed up.

“Hey, what’re you two fighting about?”

The two rushed to explain.

“She burned-”
“He grabbed-”
“herself-”
“me-”
“I”

“QUIET!” yelled Mikoto (their mother) “I can hardly understand a word you’re saying!”
After much explaining Mikoto revoked their rights to dessert that night because:
1: Sasuke taught his sister how to use matches
2: Kokoro used the matches

Itachi (Kokoro’s older brother) and Fugaku (Kokoro’s father) came home early that evening, and everyone ate at the table together, which was a rare treat for all of them.

Kokoro stared glumly at the food on her plate, which seemed to mainly consist of vegetables. Carefully and stealthily, she sneaked all the vegetables to the side of her plate. Kokoro looked around quietly, to see if anyone had noticed.

Father and Mother were talking about some sort of mission, and Sasuke was badgering Itachi to train with him later. Nobody was paying any attention to her.
Kokoro quickly dumped the vegetables off her plate and into her awaiting fingers. She hid her hand under the table and ate the rest of her food with her other hand.
She smiled furtively and glanced around. Nobody had noticed a thing!

Suddenly, Itachi stood up, taking his empty plate to the sink. As he passed Kokoro, he knelt down and whispered

“Eat those vegetables! They’re good for you!”

Kokoro sweat dropped and put the veggies back on her plate.

Mikoto raised an eyebrow at Kokoro, who grumbled, “Onii-chan has such quick eyes! I was so careful!”

Sasuke smirked saying, “Ha!”

In her opinion, he was a sore loser. What was dessert anyways? Cavities in the making!

Kokoro scowled, and when Sasuke stood up to reach for more water, she quickly pulled his chair away. He fell to the floor, twisting so that his hand propped him up, the other hand holding up his glass of water. He frowned at Kokoro, when suddenly, his hand trembled, splashing water all over him. Sweet revenge!

Fugaku frowned at them, and told them to be quiet or leave the room, Mikoto hid a smile. Itachi smiled as well, and Fugaku relented, and allowed himself a small smile. Kokoro rolled on the floor with laughter, and Sasuke glared.


The next evening found Kokoro lying on the bed and staring up at the ceiling. She was bored. Sasuke was at the Academy, Dad and Itachi were working, and Mom was busy. She sighed and rolled over, looking around the room.
Suddenly she heard a loud thud from the next room.

“Hm?” she said, and thought. 'Father and itachi should be back by now. Was that them?'

Kokoro jumped of the bed and padded out of the room.

“Mom?”

Kokoro looked around the hallway and proceeded to the sitting room where the sound had come from.
She peeked around the doorframe and saw a still figure lying on the floor. Father!

Kokoro ran into the room, and saw her mother, standing in front of her father.

Mikoto saw Kokoro and screamed, “NO, Kokoro! Run awa-ungh!”

Mikoto collapsed, a kunai knife protruding from her back, blood pouring in long streams from the deep and fatal wound.

“Mother!” cried Kokoro, running to Izumi’s still body. “Mother!”

She kneeled beside Mikoto and shook her softly, getting the blood on her hands and her clothes.
Tears gathered at the corners of her eyes and poured down her cheeks and she realized her mother was dead.

“Mother. Wake up. Mother.” she said softly, her tiny body shaking with small, silent sobs.

Suddenly, somebody grabbed her by the back of her shirt and lifted her into the air.
Kokoro found herself looking into the eyes of Itachi, her oldest brother. His eyes were red, and had three points around the iris, which was small and black. Itachi was using the Sharingan. Why?
Kokoro, shocked out of her grief stared at her brother in horror as the cold truth slowly dawned on her.

Kokoro felt a cold wave of shock course through her body, and she stared at her brother mutely, eyes wide.

“You.” The word slipped past her lips, and broke her trance.

“How could you?” her voice broke, and she twisted, scratching at him in rage and horror. “Have you gone crazy? Big brother!”

Itachi held her stiffly, looking at her, then he said, “Goodbye, little sister.”

He reached into his pocket, removing a Kunai knife, with a small metallic click.
Kokoro stiffened at sound, her eyes widening in terror. No!

The next thing Kokoro felt was a swift and unbearable pain in her stomach, and her body slamming into the ground.

Waves of pain coursed through Kokoro’s body, and every breath was a gasp of pain. Tears pricked the corner of her eyes, and she stared up at Itachi, feeling the warmth and pain in her stomach, as her blood leaked slowly through the hands clasped over her stomach.

Itachi bent over her, and she said the worst thing possible to her brother. “I…hate…you..Itachi.”

A flash of pain shot through her brothers face, but it was gone so quickly Kokoro thought she must have imagined it, especially after the words he spoke next. “If you hate me then kill me, litt- Kokoro.”

Kokoro heard Sasuke’s footsteps dully, and screamed, “Don’t come – ah.” Her words cut off she gasped softly, as Itachi silenced her suddenly, and she drifted into the blissful unfeeling of unconciousness.