TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Snake Child. by Xx_sakura_blossom_xX

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto -sobs-

Please read and review.
Snake Child.
By Xx_Sakura_Blossom_xX

-Chapter One-


It was a crisp, frosty autumn morning in Dublin city. Commuters drove and cycled their way to work and vendors opened up their stalls on street corners. A few birds who had braved the cold were chirping merrily and a cool breeze blew the brown, red and gold leaves from the trees.

However, Yuki didn't care for all this, she was far too busy scrambling into her school uniform and trying to brush her hair into a bun at the same time. You see, she was late for school. Really late. After slipping on her sensible school shoes she ran down stairs and grabbed a slice of toast from her dads plate.

"Hey" he said as she breezed past him to pick up her school bag, toast in hand. Yukis mother giggled as she poured out a mug of tea, her pale blue eyes twinkling.

"Late again honey? Maby you should get up earlier?" her mother suggested tossing Yuki her keys. The brown haired girl deftly caught them and waved good bye as she ran out the door and down the street.

Her parents sighed and got up from the table. The walked out of the room throwing a mournful glance at the door their daughter just left through. Yukis mother grabbed her husbands hand and bit her lip.

"When do you think he's going to come for her?" she asked the twinkle long gone from her eyes. Her husbands own green eyes narrowed and he leaned against the doorframe the muscles of his arms promenant through the tight black t-shirt he wore.

"I don't know. Soon" he said letting go of his wifes hand and entering his study. The door closed with a slam behind him and Yukis mother wrapped her arms across her chest, a single tear fell from her eyes and onto the tiles.

XoX

Yuki got to school just in time and managed to slide into her seat as the morning bell rang. The teacher entered the classroom moments later followed by a skinny red haired girl. The girl winked at Yuki before turning to the teacher.

"Miss O'Connor, you'd better have a valid reason for your lateness this morning." the teacher yipped and the red head put on a sorrowful look as she scuffed the wooden floor with her shoes.

"Well you see Miss Lacey, my pet cat died this morning and I-I just . . . " she trailed of sniffing. The teacher looked mortified and tried to comfort the upset girl, her hands fluttering as she told her to sit down.

The girl sat down beside Yuki and smirked when the teacher looked away, she rocked back on the legs of her chair and yawned.

"Hey, Sharon. You don't even have a cat." Yuki whispered shaking her head at her friends antics and taking out her homework. Sharon looked unconcerned as she rooted through her faded red school bag.

"Of course I don't anymore. It's dead!" she muttered taking out her own homework. The rest of the day went quickly and soon school was out for the afternoon. Yuki and Sharon walked to their lockers and took out the books they needed to study. Another taller girl aproached them and lightly punched Sharon on the shoulder.

"Your cat died eh?" she said laughing. Sharon turned with a smile and nodded to the blond haired girl who opened the locker next to hers. Around them student were chattering excitedly about what they were going to do on the weekend.

"Yup, poor Mr. Tiddles." Sharon sniffed wiping a fake tear from her eye. Yuki rolled her own brown eyes and closed her locker. She turned to the tall blond who had also closed her locker and smiled.

"Angela, did you read the latest manga chapter?" she asked. The blonds face lit up and she grinned. Angela swung her school bag - now laden with books - onto her back.

"Oh yeah! It was awesome! Whoop go Naruto!" she yelled drawing strange looks from passers by. Yuki giggled and picked up her own bag. It wasn't that heavy. Sharon lifted her bag and scooped up another three books into her arms. They weren't school books. Novels.

They were title side out so Yuki could see the names. The books were: City of glass by Cassandra Clare, The host by Stephanie Meyer and Book of shadows by Cate Tiernan. Though the last one wasn't that big the others where huge. Yuki shook her head again and sighed.

"Bye guys, I'll see you tomorrow!" she yelled as she dashed out the school gate. Her bag bounced against her back as she ran home. She was suddenly seized by a strange urgency to be back at her house. In her haste she tripped over a crack in the pavement and went sprawling. She sat up with a curse and looked at her skinned hands, they were red and bleeding slightly.

"Damn" she muttered picking bits of dirt and gravel out of the shallow cuts on her palms. She walked the rest of the way home feeling very silly at having fallen. When she got back the house was empty, with a sense of forboding she walked around the rooms searching for a note.

Yuki found none, with a worried sigh she walked up stairs and sat on her bed, the springs creaking slightly at her weight. Where could her parents have gone . . . They never left without leaving a note or texting her. The brown haired girl pulled out her phone. Nope, no messages.

A worried frown tugged at her lips as she stripped out of her school uniform and into her comfy-lazy-around clothes. They consisted of a large black t-shirt and baggy dark purple trousers and black slip on sandles. She shook her short hair out of its bun and brushed it until the shoulder length locks were soft and shiny.

Yuki walked over to the clear tank that sat on top of her dresser. The bottom was lined with stones and large branches were placed along the sides. A small black snake was curled up beneath a branch in the far corner. Yuki reached into the mini-fridge beside the tank and took out a small dead mouse. She dangled it in the cave until the snake caught the scent and slithered towards the food.

After the snake had eaten Yuki reached in and gently took it out, the little serpent was always more dolcile after eating. The snake wound its way lazily through her fingers, hissing a bit as she petted its small triangular head. Yuki remembered with a frown the day she had gotten her snake.

XoX

A ten year old Yuki walked next to her parents as they entered a pet shop. She held her mothers hand as they passed barking dogs and squalking birds. She didn't like any of them, dogs were just . . . Eww and birds were also gross. Then her brown eyes landed on something at the back of the shop and Yuki let go of her mothers hand and ran towards it.

Her parents followed asking her why she didn't like the "Cute little doggies" and the "Pretty little birdies". Yuki ignored them and blinked in awe at the selender creature that wound its way around the branches in its tank. It was black in colour and had sharp green eyes.

Her parents went very quiet when they saw what she was looking at, if she didn't know better she would have said they were holding their breath. But as it were her parents were experts at keeping silent and going undected so she didn't pay it any mind.

Yuki turned from the snake and beamed at her parents whos faces had gone strangely blank. Their eyes focused on her and they shuddered as if to get rid of and unpleasant memory.

"I want this one!" she said pointing at the black snake whos eyes blinked beadily at the humans who had interupted her rounds around her tank. The adults shuddered again and asked their daughter if she was sure that she didn't want a hamster or a cat. Yuki was adament and refused to get anthing other than the snake.

Her parents looked at each other worriedly before agreeing and buying the snake, its tank and a bag of dead mice to feed it with. Yuki walked home with a skip in her step and named the snake Hebi-chan.

XoX

When she got older Yuki had asked her parents why they didn't like Hebi-chan. It was obvious they hated it and since the day it was bought both refused to step into her room. Yuki had to clean it, feed it and wash it by herself. They had told her with a laugh that they just didn't like snakes, never had. There seemed to be some kind of inside joke between them when ever snakes were concerned but over the years Yuki learned to ignore it.

After petting the snake some more Yuki put Hebi-chan back in her tank and the snake coiled drowsily in a corner. She turned of the light in her room before she left and headed down stairs to fix some dinner, just because her parents weren't here right now didn't mean she should starve.

Yuki froze when she reached the end of the stairs. It was pitch dark. She hadn't remembered turning the lights of. Her hands roved along the wall trembling slightly until they found the light switch. She flipped it. No change, someone had cut the power lines.

The brown haired girl ran into the kitchen, finding her way by memory. She grabbed two sharp knives from the cutlery drawer and lit a few candles. They blew out. She lit them again. They blew out again. Now completely freaked out Yuki ran into her sitting room and tried to turn on the fire, it was one of those old fashioned ones you had to light be hand. It lit.

The fire threw strange shadows along the walls and it made Yuki shiver but it was better than being left in the dark. It was then Yuki realised she wasn't alone. Sitting on one of the arm chairs and still partly shrouded in shadows was a dark figure.

At first she thought it was a woman because of the long hair but then she saw the strong jawline and broad shoulders that signified a man. She back up holding the knives in a defensive position on front of her.

"Who are you!" she said, proud that her voice didn't waiver. The man chuckled, it was a scary sound and Yuki backed away further, stopping only when her back hit the sitting room wall. The man stood up and walked closer to the fire so she could make out his features.

His hair was black and his skin was very pale. He was smirking slightly displaying sharpened canines and his yellow eyes glittered eeriely. Yuki blinked as she stared at him, the man was wearing a white robe with a thick purple belt and black trousers, bandages were wrapped around his left leg but it seemed they were there for effect rather than injury. He also wore strange black sandles that had a thick rubber sole.

"Cosplayer ?" Yuki muttered startled. This was just great, she was going to be maimed/kidnapped/killed by an Orochimaru cosplayer. And while there were worst ways to go, this one was definetly embarrasing. 'Orochimaru' grinned and walked towards her.

"Not quite" he murmered, his hand twitched and then Yukis world went black and she crumpled to the ground, a senbon needle sticking out of her neck.