TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Messages in the Rain by Crimson Lily

[Reviews - 6]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: enjoy this short valentine story for naruto and sakura. just love them together!
please review!
:P
Messages in the Rain: by Crimson Lily


Of all the days for it to rain…it just had to be this one.

The rain continued to fall as twenty year old Sakura Haruno stared out her rain-streaked window. Today was Valentines Day…another year without Sasuke spending it with all of them, and Naruto was nowhere to be found. It was rather odd…Naruto had been acting rather peculiar these past few days…but Naruto was always weird, so Sakura hadn't really paid attention.

The pink haired medic sighed, pushing herself away from the window, wondering why she was so bothered that Naruto had abandoned her on the loneliest day of the year, for her anyway. Pushing the possible reasons from her head, she took a deep breath and – buckling on her medic pouches and snapping on her sandals – stepped outside into the pouring rain. In no time at all, her hair was soaking, plastered in pink tresses to her cheeks and back of her neck. Sakura ran to the Hokage tower, leaping up to run along the Hokage tower wall, and sliding open the window leading to her sensei's office and slipping inside.

The Hokage didn't look up as her student entered, merely said. "Sakura."

"Sensei, I was wondering if there was a mission that you had for me. I'm bored stiff." Sakura said, plopping herself into the hard wooden chair opposite her former teacher. Tsunade looked up, smiling slightly.

"No 'special someone' to spend Valentines Day with?"

Sakura glared. "Nope. And everyone else is with 'their special someone', so I have nothing to do."

Tsunade smirked slightly.

"What's that supposed to mean Tsunade-sensei?"

"Nothing, nothing at all. About missions…I actually do have one open. It was requested early this morning." The older lady handed Sakura a scroll. Sakura read through it, and raised an eyebrow.

"Finding secret scrolls hidden throughout Konoha? You have 'got' to be kidding me…"

Tsunade tried not to laugh. "I was surprised too, but Hinata also confirmed that these scrolls could be potential bombs, so I need you to find them and make sure they are harmless, and if they aren't to destroy them. Here's where we think the first one is." Sakura nodded, taking the small piece of paper, turning to head out into the rain once more, but turning around before she opened the window.

"Tsunade-sensei?"

"Yes Sakura?"

"Did you send Naruto on a mission? I haven't seen him all this morning, not even at the ramen shop…"

Tsunade shrugged. "Who knows what that boy's up to these days…I didn't send him on a mission though. Probably training or something." Sakura nodded, and went out into the rain, frowning slightly. Where was Naruto? He always asked Sakura to go training with him…why hadn't he this time? The thought made her incredibly lonely.

Sakura landed in the middle of the street, and hurried under the shelter of a overhanging canopy to read where the first scroll was. It read:

'I am where your true life began. I am high; I am on the steps of beginning of friendships, one lost, and one still remaining.'

Sakura felt her eye twitching. Tsunade-sensei…I'll get you back for this if it's the last thing I do…

But Sakura, nonetheless, leaned against the building to think. This was obviously centered to her; otherwise it wouldn't be so specific with saying 'your life' and so on. She stared up at the buildings thinking. My true life…hmm…and steps of friendships…

Sakura suddenly remembered that day. The day Kakashi-sensei had taken them up to the building, where they had arranged themselves on the steps and began their ninja training. Of course! The roof of the academy!

Sakura ran through the slippery streets, blinking in the thick rain that fell. She leapt up, to land right in front of the steps. They were slippery and wet, yet Sakura saw in her mind two young kids, one with black hair, the other with blonde. She smiled. It was right. This is where her life began, meeting her teammates for the first time. Her throat choked up a bit at the memory of Sasuke, but something caught her eye, pushing the lump from her throat.

The scroll was sitting there, and Sakura went to pick it up. She turned her back against the wind to keep the rain from ruining the writing, and read:

'The next scroll is where you go often, with someone so familiar. Forced into going, but always smiling at that someone. The scroll it with the server. Tell them that you have come for 'the package'. They will understand.'

Oh, Sakura thought, that's easy. The ramen shop! Sakura leapt off, taking the familiar path to the ramen shop. The light was gently shining in between the entrance flaps, and Sakura almost sighed in relief when warmth enveloped her. She looked around. Nobody was there. Odd…

Sakura walked up to the counter, peering over the slab of marble.

"Hello?" She called, and the ramen shop owner suddenly appeared, smiling at her.

“May I help you miss?”

Sakura grimaced, and, feeling like a complete idiot, whispered. “I’m uh, here for the, uh, ‘package’.” The ramen man nodded seriously.

“Yes, I was told to give this to you. Wait here.” Sakura, dumbfounded, watched as the man went into the back, shuffling through boxes until he found the small one he was looking for. He walked back, and handed it to her. It was tied with a bright orange ribbon. Ribbon?

“Who gave this to you?” Sakura asked, getting a bit angry. Who the hell was making her run through the ‘rain’ to follow their little scavenger hunt for stupid scrolls? If someone was playing a trick on her…they would be taking a trip to the hospital ‘very’ soon…

“Sorry, he told me not to tell you, and I’m a man of my word.” Sakura sighed, thanked him, and exited the shop, opening the box. Inside there was a bag of chocolates, and another scroll. Sakura gasped at the chocolates. Someone…had gotten her chocolates…on Valentines Day…

The scroll read:

‘Come to the place, where the sun first breaks. The place, the memories, of so many leaders still remembered. I will be waiting.’

Sakura tucked the chocolates in her pocket, and thought. Place…where memories of leaders still remembered. What on earth could that mean? But I can just measure where the sun rises each morning.

Sakura looked around, and angled herself west. Turning in the opposite direction, to the east, and found herself staring at the carved faces of the Hokage Monuments. Clever, Sakura thought, pushing herself toward it, wiping the wetness off her face so she could see. She ran up the side, and came up over the top.

A figure was standing there, twirling a sakura blossom between his long fingers.

She squinted, asking. “Are you the one who sent me running around in the rain?” The figure nodded, and came closer.

Sakura’s jaw dropped.

It was Naruto.

He grinned. “Hey Sakura.”

Sakura stared. “Y-You got me those chocolates. You were the one to give Tsunade that mission for me! You knew I would get lonely without you so you-” Sakura blushed, realizing what she just revealed. Naruto moved closer until he was inches away, and raised a hand to slip the blossom above her ear, sliding it into her hair.

“You get lonely without me…Sakura?” Naruto murmured, looking deep into her eyes. Sakura nodded, looking down. She had made the mistake of looking at his face. His blonde hair was weighed down by the rain, and he wasn’t wearing his headband, so his thick blonde tresses hung down attractively in front of his eyes, and droplets of water were making their way down his cheek, down to those full pink lips that curved into a handsome smile…

Sakura blushed even redder. What am I thinking? Naruto’s just a friend…a really, really good friend that knows me inside and out! I can’t…feel anything more for him…right? Sakura found herself moving closer, and he said.

“You know, I’ve always been lonely…until you came Sakura. Until you showed me what love is. Is it so stupid of me to say I love you? Because I do, Sakura Haruno, and I want to spend every day of my life with you. You make me happier than any other person has ever made me. Even when you hated me, I always loved you. I knew that even if you grew up, and you married someone else, I would always love you, and hate myself for not telling you. So I’m telling you, I love you, and I want you to marry me.”

Naruto went down on one knee, and presented a simple golden ring, with a pink diamond in the center. Sakura gasped, and stood shakily on her feet, mind reeling.

She swallowed hard, and, still looking at her feet, said, in a whisper. “Naruto Uzumaki, I at one time hated you. You were annoying, and thoughtless, and I wanted nothing to do with you. But I now realize, as the years went by, that I saw the man I wanted to be with. You were always there, being the friend I needed most. I would love to marry you, and I love you so much!” She had sunk to her knees, and flung her arms around him. He picked her up, and hugged her tightly.

Naruto bent down to capture his lips with his own, and she kissed him back, their warm bodies continuing to be pelted by the rain.

Sakura ignored the rain; kissing Naruto was the only thing she cared about right now.

‘Screw you rain…because I found my special someone, and that’s all that matters…’


THE END…

please review! thx! :P