TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Mainichi by fuyuko

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Nanagatsu Nijuuyonnichi
Hello again.

Right now it’s just after dinner. I took a shower, so I’m ready for bed, too. Today was very difficult, but I think I learned a lot. In the morning, I woke up extra early so I could get ready. It seems like it rained overnight, because it was a lot better than yesterday morning.

When I got to the kitchen, Father was already there, talking to Itachi. Or rather, lecturing him. But when I sat down, they stopped immediately and Itachi smiled at me. He asked me if I had a happy birthday yesterday. Father just looked away.

Oh well, I guess you can’t make everyone like you. But…well…nevermind.

I wonder what I did to make Father not like me so much.

After breakfast, Mom gave us each a wrapped lunch. I like her cooking. It’s really good.

Big Brother left first; I hope he doesn’t die. Father would be very angry if he did. But Itachi is extremely skilled, everything is so easy to him. We left a few minutes after for the lake.

I haven’t told you about the lake yet!!

It’s a wonderful place, it’s cool in the summer. The water is clear, and you can see yourself. It’s pretty. I like that place the best because Big Brother used to take me there every summer before he started detaching himself from the family.

Father would let us take a day off to go swimming together. The water felt refreshing and cool, but I would always become cold after we got out. The first time we went I caught a cold, and Father got angry with me because I couldn’t do well when I was sick.

Big Brother made sure to bring extra towels for me the next time. Isn’t that considerate and nice of him? But I thought that’s what families did for eachother?

I miss Itachi already. I wonder if he’s cold? Do you think he would want a blanket now? I wish I could’ve given him one before he left.

No, I’m sure he would’ve remembered. He’s always prepared.

I’m getting off topic. But that’s what you’re here for. So I can talk about anything I’d like, right?

I ran down the steep steps and nearly fell…again. After so many summers of rushing down the same stairs, I still manage to somehow trip. Isn’t that funny?

I raced towards the dock and looked into the water. It was still perfect. I very nearly jumped into the lake, clothes and all, not caring if I got wet. But I knew Father wouldn’t like it.

Instead, I waited patiently for him to walk over. It felt like a million years, he was taking so long. I wanted to start, already!! He showed me a few handsigns, and I was bursting with happiness when I found that I memorized them the first time I saw them. I got the handseals right, but the part that was difficult was shaping my chakura. I wasn’t sure how to get it down, so the first try was a failure. I had hoped that even if it was wrong, he would be happy that I memorized the handsigns, but he was disappointed.

He said, “I guess you’re just not like Itachi.” That hurt a lot. I wanted to cry, but Father didn’t like crying. He said it would never change anything. And besides, ninja don’t cry. I’m going to become a great ninja, so I can’t cry either.

He started leaving, but it was only the beginning of the day!! Mom had expected us to stay out until lunch!! I couldn’t let Father down, so I tried again. He told me I shouldn’t waste my chakura and that I would be ready in the future. I didn’t want to wait that long. He was teaching me an advanced Uchiha clan jutsu; I wanted to be accepted into the clan fully.

I started getting small embers, which wasn’t even near the real thing. I guess Father was starting to get frustrated because I wasn’t improving so much. I really want to be better. I think I might go back later so I can train more.

We ate lunch on the dock, it was very peaceful, but I felt so strange sitting there with only Father. I wished Mom could have come with us, then it would’ve been nice. But I like Father just as much. But Mom is much nicer. No, no!! They are both really great. I love them a lot. I would be crushed if something happened to them during a mission. But they can’t die that easily. Besides, they’re mostly staying home now. I don’t have to worry about them like I do Brother.

Mom made small animal shaped figures from food. I felt bad eating it, but it was good. After lunch, I practiced a bit more, and noticed that Father became bored. He no longer took even the slightest interest in my training. But that’s OK, too. I’ll just work even harder, and show him that I can learn it like Big Brother did.

I’m not sure if I can stay awake much longer. It’s nine o’clock right now. I don’t want to fall asleep because I want to go to the lake to train more. I keep having to scribble out what I’m writing because I’m half asleep. I’m probably just going to fall asleep, so I’ll stop now.

I’ll write tomorrow.

I promise.

Sasuke.