TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sunset by Rilecc

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is the story I wrote that inspired me .
Chapter notes: Pleas leave a review of what you thought about it!
Sunset

I sat in my room. My arms hugging my legs. I was staring at the rope that layed acroos the room from me. I was ready to do it. I was ready to end my life. Everyone in the village treats me like crap anyways. Why would they care if I took my own life? For five days straight I sat in the same corner, staring at the same rope. Asking myself over and over if I should do it. At that moment, I heard the door of my house open. "Hey Naruto, are you in here?" It was Sakura. I got up in a hurry, and kicked the rope underneath my bed. She couldn't know. I went to meet her. I tried to put a smile on. "What's up, Sakura?" I said. "There you are Naruto! I have been looking all over the village for you!" "Um what for?" I was curious. "I was having a barbecue tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come." This is didn't surprise me. Sakura was always trying to get me to come and talk witth people. I usually said no, but this time I figured it couldn't hurt anything. It was all going to be over soon anyways. I thought back to the rope under my bed. I shook it away. "Ya I guess I could go Sakura." "Thanks Naruto, it is at 6:00 tonight. Don't be late!" She smiled and walked away.

Sakura is always like that. I think she is the only one in the village who actually cares. I moped around in my house. I couldn't do it now. Sakura was expecting me to show up tonight, I couldn't bear to disapoint her. I decided to hold it off until after the barbecue. I was tired, so I went to laydown in my bed. Sleep slowly came and took me. If only it was for ever.

I opened my eyes, and looked at my clock. It was 5:20. I guess I could head over now. I got up, and went outside. The rays of the setting sun poured into the house as I opened the door. I sighed. This was the one thing I would miss when I was gone. The sunset. I loved to watch all of those colours dance and mingle with the sun, as if they were eternal. I stood watching the sunset. In just a few minutes, it would be nearly gone, and then in those few minutes at the end of the day. When the sun lit up the entire village. Reflecting off of the glass windows and bouncing in every which direction. It was in those few minutes that I actually regretted what I was going to do. After the sun set, I was on my way to Sakura's. I kept my head down. Some other kids walked passed me, and pushed me away. Saying you don't belong here! I responded to them. "You won't have to worry much longer!" I walked away. I think I confused them. I looked up, and saw Sakura's house in the distance. I picked up my pace a little.

Once I got to her house. I knocked on the door. "Naruto is that you?" Sakura's voice came from inside. "Ya Sakura it's me." I said, the words barely getting out. "Come right in please!" She sounded very troubled. I walked in, and looked around for her. I found her in the kitchen. "What's wrong Sakura?" She looked up, she had been crying. "Naruto I.........." She started crying some more. I brought her over to a chair and made her sit down. I kneeled beside her. "What's wrong Sakura?" "Oh Naruto, I wanted everything to be perfect! But the bread is burnt, the hamburgers are still frozen! And worst of all, I forgot to set up any chairs!" This was what she was sad about? "Well, Sakura let's make a deal. You go set up the chairs, and do what you gotta do outside, I'll do the cooking in here, alright?" I brushed away her tears with the tip of my finger. She looked at me and then threw her arms around me. "Thank you so much Naruto!" I patted her on the back. That's when I too felt like crying. For this was the other thing I would miss. Sakura. For years I have loved her. Yet I dare not to actually admit it, in fear of them driving me out of the village. So I keep it quiet. This was as close we were ever going to get. "You better go and hurry okay?" I said. "Yes! I will. Still thank you so much Naruto!" She let go of me and ran our the door.

I got up and looked around. I saw the burnt bread, and the frozen hamburgers. I threw the bread out, I would start fresh. I put the hamburgers in the oven, and I set to work. We were going to need more than hamburgers and Bread. I laughed a little, that was the first time in a while. I found it a little funny, Sakura was good at a lot of things, except cooking. But me on the other hand. About the only thing that I was good at was cooking. I decided to make a cake, some little snacks. Heck I even through in some steak. I tended to get carried away when I cooked. But oh well, we would have enough food that's for sure! Everything was finished and I was just washing my hands when Sakura came back in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her stop and smell the air. "It smells so good Naruto!" She rushed over to me, and looked at everything I had made. She was silent for a few minutes then she looked at me. "Thank you so much again Naruto!" She hugged me, this time it was different. She looked up at me, she looked like she was about to say something. "Naruto, I...I have been wanting to tell you this for the longest time.... I..." She was interrupted by the door bell. The expresion on her face became frustrated. She let go of me, and went to answer the door. Everyone was here now. What had she wanted to tell me? She what? I let it leave my mind. I looked to see who had come. It was just about every ninja in the village. I sighed and stepped out from behind the wall.

I put a smile on, and went to greet everybody. They all acepted me, but to a limited point. I shook their hands. Sasuke walked right passed me, like I wasn't even there. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about him!" It was Sakura. "Right, I won't." I said. I was lying of course. I hated Sasuke, with my entire soul. I hated him. "Come on! Help me bring the food out!" She said. I walked over and grabbed a few plates. We walked outside, and served the food. Everyone was in awe at the beauty of it. Except Sasuke. He completely refused to eat whatever I made. He took what Sakura was serving instead. He ate it and then spit it out. He walked right over to me and started yelling. "WHY ARE YOU HERE? YOU KNOW YOU DON'T BELONG HERE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE!! YOUR FOOD TASTES LIKE CRAP ANYWAYS!" He continued going on. I just shrugged him off and walked away from him. I had never done that before though. So this time he came up behind me and tackeled me to the ground. He stood on my head and rubbed my face in the dirt. I couldn't breath. At somepoint I think I felt him being pushed off. But I didn't know for sure. I was no longer consious.

I felt a wet cloth on my head. I sat up. The eyes of everyone there were on me. Including Sasuke's. I pushed through the crowd and went in the house to the bathroom. I stared in the mirror. What stared back at me didn't surprise me in the least. The eyes of the reflection, were lifeless. I knew I had to do it then. I walked out of the bathroom and headed outside. I was stopped by Ino. "Naruto where are you going?" I looked at her, and I heard her gasp. She too had seen that my eyes no longer carried and life at all. They had lost their glow. I shoved past her and walked outside. I heard her run back onto the house. I setted off, with only one direction in my mind. My bedroom. I looked at the sky, the sun was no longer visible. I sighed, and walked on.

I was in my bedroom, I pulled the rope out from underneath my bed. I swung it up and over the rafters on the cieling. I stood, looking at it. I was ready. I heard my door open. I also heard the footsteps of someone running towards me. I didn't care. They would find me, and then the whole village would know. I grabbed the hanging rope and gripped it. I heard my bedroom door open. Then I heard a gasp. I was tackeled to the ground. "Naruto you can't!" Sakura was crying. She layed her head on my chest. She started crying harder now. "Naruto please, you can't do this!" I pushed her off and sat up. She hugged me once again. "NARUTO I LOVE YOU!" Her words cut through me. Had I heard what she had said? Or was I imagining it? "Please Naruto, I can't live without you! Don't do it!" "I hugged her back. I decided that I should stay, maybe a little longer. "I won't do it Sakura, for I too have always loved you. I will continue to love you, today, tomorrow, and even later." I now had something to live for. To live for the sake of her, and our future.
Chapter end notes: Please leave a review!