TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Konoha Elite by bubbles2000

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I own Naruto!! Not really, I can wish though...

Anyway, my second fanfic!!! Enjoy!!

Do it.
"Mother, I need to speak with you." I stood in the doorway to her room.

"Yes Sakura?" she looked up from the book she was reading.

"Well, I got an acceptance letter from the Konoha Elite High School and they said they'd really like it if I could attend."

"Wait, THE KEHS?" she set her novel on the bed beside her.

"Yes." I said quietly, unsure of how she would responce.

"Do you know how expensive that is? You may not have noticed, but we're not exactly made of money."

"I got a scohlarship."

"It's too far."

Tears began to build up behind my eyes. "But-"

"No buts, you're not going."

"Why can't I?" I screamed.

"Because, I said so." her eyes cold.

I glare with as much hate as I could muster. "That's a pretty crappy reason to not do something."

"It's also a pretty crappy reason to do something." she rebutted.

"Whatever." I muttered as I departed from the room. I went downstairs into the kitchen. I yanked the fridge open, grabbing a container of OJ roughly. I ripped off the cap and began chugging the contents.

"You really should use a cup. That's gross." my older brother, Sasori walked into the kitchen.

"Shut up. Don't you have school?" I glared at him too.

"Hn." he shrugged nonchalantly "What are you and mom fighting over this time?"

"School."

"Which one?"

"Konoha Elite."

"What's wrong with it?" he titled his head to the side in a Sasori like fashion.

"Cost to much, but I got a scolarship. Too far away, anywhere is better than this hell hole." I resumed chugging the contents of the carton in my hand.

"Congrats."

"Yeah, so far there's no way for me to go unless I want to drive acrost the Fire Nation and back."

"Do you want to go?"

"Very much." most all the juice was gone.

"Well..."

"What are you thinking?"

"You could run away."

I intook a large glup of air, not good when drinking. I was sent into a spiral of coughs. "W-what?"

"I mean, they have dorm rooms, you have a scholarship. All you need is a job for food."

I was silent in thought.

"What about you?"

"What about me? I want what's best for you. I had my chance to leave, I took it and here I am. Stuck again, only because I told her I would be back. You wouldn't have that string." he walked to me and took me by my shoulders. "I don't want you to have the same fate." his eyes board into my own.

"Nii-san." I whimpered, I felt tears coming again. "NII-SAN!" I hugged him tightly.

He rubbed my back with his palm. "Go start packing, leave tomorrow."

I pulled back so I could see his face. Tears now streaming down my cheeks."But-"

"Sakura, go."

I knew his words meant more than go to school, he was telling me to fly away, be free.

"I'll take care of mom." he assured me.

"Thank you." I gave him a final squeeze and went upstairs.

In the kitchen a single tear rolled down the red haired boy's cheek. "Good bye and good luck, Sakura." then he too, went upstairs.

~~~

Sakura waited patiently for the midnight bus, she left early. A single duffel bag sat at her feet, a backpack resting on her shoulders.

Twin lights shone brightly, she gripped her bags and headed to the bus. the doors swung open and she stepped on.

On the bus where three other people. Random old guy #1, a guy with a little orange book, and someone she knew, a teenage boy wearing thick eyeliner.

She walked over to his seat and sat beside him. "Hey."

"Hn."

"Why are you on the bus so late?" she asked

"I should be asking YOU that. It isn't safe for a lady to riding a bus or even be out this late! Honestly Sakura, what where you thinking?"

"Wow Gaara, that's a lot of words for you! All 26 of 'em!" (a/n: It's okay that you went back and count the words...If I miss counted let me know please, I did mostly fail math. Kind of...On with the fiction!!!)

He blushed lightly."Answer the question."

"I'm running away, but don't tell anyone, okay?"

His eyes almost fell out of his head, I think it's the eyeliner keeping them in. ""What?"

"Yup."

"Why?!?!"

"To go to school." i stated like it was the most obious thing.

His face told me he tought I was nuts. "H-huh?" was all he could muster.

I smiled sweetly. "I'm going to Konoha Elite."

His jaw dropped.

"What? Is it so hard to believe I got accepted?"

"No."

"No what?"

"I can see you got in. But why run away?"

"Well, my mother said I couldn't go, but I'm going, with or without her permission."

"Why didn't you talk it over with her?"

"Says the one who rather kill them rather than let them walk away."

"So why didn't you?"

"I tried, failed."

"So. You're running away, no doubts or regrets."

"Yep."

"Oh." he bore a sad face.

"Oh Gaara, I didn't mean it like that! I'll miss you tons!"

"Hn."

"Gaara..."

He looked into my soul through my eyes. "Saklura, you're my only friend. Everyone else is too terrified of me to even speak to me. I'd be alone again."

That was oh so true. "Gaara."

He looked away, suddenenly fining his hand facesating. "Sakura..."

"Come with me."

"What?" his head snapped back to me.

"Come. With. Me." I said slowly.

"But I wasn't accepted."

"You sister already attends and your brother gradutated. They'll accept you in a heartbeat."

"But I don't have anything with me."

"We can take a detour to your house."

He opened his mouth then closed it again. "Sakura..."

"Please."

His eyes met mine for a moment. "I-"

"Nobody would know you accept Temari. You'd be able to start over."

He was silent for a moment. "Okay."

"Really?" my hopes spiked.

"Yes, my stop is up next."

"THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!" I gave him a massive glomp attack.

A blush crept over his cheeks.

"Here it is, let's go."

And in that one night, my entire life changed. For the better or for the worse, I know not. But either way, I have a feeling, it'll be okay.

Somehow...
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading, I'll update soon.

Oh and:

REVIEWREVIEWREVIEW, please.

You know you want to, push the button.

Laterz taterz!