TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shoseki by fuyuko

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: Naruto is the property of Masashi Kishimoto. No money is being made from the writing of this story and no copyright/trademark infringement is intended.
-
A/N: I hope this chapter is not as "word packed" as the last. Vixkill mentioned that it was harder on readers, so I hope this is better.
“Are we ready?” queried an overly animated kitsune, eager to finally uncover the underlying scattered truth of the inexplicably fascinating book.

Sasuke exhaled sharply, aggravated as he unrelentlessly allowed his supposedly soporific day be disrupted by such irrelevant nonsense, “Let’s just go.”

Nodding fervently, the golden haired ninja stepped strident onto the concreted, hefty bricked pavement, his shuffles apparent to even unnoticing passerbys. It was going to be a long, boring day full of nonsense for the annoyed Uchiha.

“Ah!!” claimed the idiotic Naruto loudly, “There he is!!”

Pointing quite rudely, the idiotic latter rushed, uselessly hiding behind the heavy, wooden door. Their astute teacher was undoubtedly heading into an adult rated book store. Snickering knowingly, Naruto returned gleefully to his previously abandoned teammates, a wise cracking, assuming smile plastered on his excited face.

Sakura sighed heavily, rubbing her exposed forehead, “What is he doing?”

“What’s it look like he’s doing?” the demon container responded animatedly, waving his hands energetically in the cloudless sky, “He’s buying adult rated books. So I guess I was right about the pervert stuff, huh?”

“He could be browsing.” Sasuke stated tranquilly, a logical possibility.

The skilled Jounin appeared gracefully at the framed doorway, preparing to leave. As he strode down the street casually, one gloved hand jammed haphazardly into his pocket, the other held a suspicious looking book. With an unneeded, evident gesture, Naruto tagged behind his irresponsible teacher quite noticeably. Darting hastily from lifeless object to inert item was not the way he had originally planned to spend his fantastic break. However, the dim thought nagging incessantly at the back of his somehow crowded mind kept pulling him towards the inexplicable book.

“Hello.” Claimed the silver haired suddenly, “Nice meeting you here.”

“Kakashi.” Simply returned the unknown friend.

The former Anbu nodded calmly, starting to head towards the secret hiding place along with his associate.

Sakura visibly tensed, clenching her teeth as her paper white hand fisted forcefully, “What are we going to do? He’s coming over here?”

“Just act natural.” Sasuke smoothly replied, his tone low and kept.

The seemingly exaggerated footsteps grew inevitably louder with each fleeting, terrifying second before the sharp teacher caught them.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Nothing.” Promptly countered Naruto, his cerulean eyes dashing back and forth violently, “We’re just talking is all.”

Kakashi’s alert gaze shifted from one sweating, apprehensive face to the next, searching guardedly for signs of unwillingly surrendered information.

“Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

The fretful three supplied numerous nods in rushed understanding. As the hoary haired man leisurely turned, the three exhaled deeply, it was too close. Once he was an insignificant speck in their wide range of perfect vision, Naruto cautiously began to shadow. They were lead towards a common tea shop, where the experienced teacher stopped with his friend.

Eavesdropping is a malicious form of distrust. However, in this exceptional case, the three had a faultless excuse as it was for the sake of their cherished teacher’s blessed eyes. They must discuss cautiously and finally decide whether the mystifying manuscript is suitable for his age.

“And what did she say?”

A lengthy pause assumed the straightforward subject before an averse answer materialized, “I’m not sure, the book didn’t say.”

“Really? Well you’re in trouble now.”

“How’s that?” retorted the indifferent Jounin.

“You don’t like her?” the emotional friend directly followed, faux tears welling up in his glimmering eyes as large hands clasped together dramatically, thespian hand movements following each cautiously chosen description, “Her beautiful, flowing golden hair? What about her wonderfully loyal brown eyes? She is so cute!!”

Kakashi shook his head admittingly, scratching the outlandishly colored silver hair, “She’s pretty, but I don’t like that character.”

As if understanding undoubtedly what the two adults were conversing in controlled undertones, Naruto motioned with authoritively, “I think we’re done here.”

“We should go check the book store, to see what might be in it.” Noted Sasuke silkily, gaining a timely supportive nod from an approving Sakura.

Naruto gawked at the ingenious Uchiha disbelievingly, “Why? You want to buy something?”

“I’m saying,” treacherously hissed the hallowed raven haired, apparent frustration palpable in his usually composed tone, “That we should check to see if the book he normally reads is there.”

“Why didn’t we do that in the start?” spat the dumbfounded blonde.

Sasuke had preferred not to stupidly debate, it was an unproblematic reason as to why they wouldn’t foolishly start in the barren bookstore, “Because, you idiot, there are many bookstores here. How would we know which one to start? They could sell that stupid book in any bookstore.”

“That’s right, Naruto. Think a little.” Sakura settled punctually, nodding her head as if perceptive of some unveiled secret.

The three vigilantly stalked towards the said book shop. Around the wooden fenced corner would be the longed destination.

A minute, silver cased bell clanged against the thoroughly polished glass door as the three entered somewhat inaudibly. The book keeper was staring down strictly at his work, attempting to trimly wrap a book with futility. They swiftly hid around a stack of highly piled readings, hazardous to people particularly prone to gaucheness.

There were an infinite number of volumes to the endless collection of R rated books, each decorating a saved space in the wooden case.

“Are we supposed to look through all of them?” questioned Naruto disbelievingly. He wanted nothing to do with these types of disturbing novels.

Sasuke glanced around the infinitesimal, packed shop nervously, “No. Use your head. We’ll look for the ones that match the cover the most.”

The tedious work began with apprehensive minds distressing about the contents of adult rated material. Sasuke earnestly flipped open the cover of a ginger covered paperback, his scanning, ebony eyes apprehensive. Drawn rather clearly, in pure grey scale were two fully undressed males, lying in the oddest of all positions. No wonder it was adult rated. This was way too extreme for the solemn Uchiha.

“Excuse me,” a low, incensed voice uttered from behind them gravely, “But you are not of legal age to be here.”

Naruto stood daringly, his azure eyes glinting roguishly, “We’re looking for a book.”

The shop keeper’s giant, bronzed hands crossed his built chest as his despising, russet colored eyes narrowed inevitably, “You are not of legal age to be here.”

“That’s fine.” Sasuke retorted curtly, his tone hushed and velvety, “We were going to get a present for our teacher. We’re going, Naruto, Sakura.”

The toxic statement could not be argued over, the trio left abruptly, Sasuke’s sinful pride leading to the downfall of their entire plan.

“Great, Sasuke!!” Naruto exclaimed vociferously while pacing away from the immoral store, “Now we don’t know what book he’s reading.”

Sakura unexpectedly gasped, realizing an important mental note, “Tsunade-sama said that Jiraiya-sama might arrive today. I’m assuming that he writes the books that Kakashi-sensei reads.”

“He’s a pervert.” fluently declared the kitsune, folding his arms behind his head effortlessly, “He uses his stupid book as an excuse to look at unsuspecting women!!”

“We could as him about his book.” Declared Sasuke coolly, restfully stuffing pale hands into his pockets, “Seeing as Kakashi and him have heated discussions about it.”

“That’s a great idea, Sasuke!! You’re such a genius!!” screeched Sakura exasperatingly, her ghostly hands clasped in front of her spiritedly.

Sigh. Sasuke hated these pointless hunts with a smoldering fervor. But he admitted reluctantly, they were somehow enjoyable.