TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Truthspeaker by fUnKyToEs

[Reviews - 206]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Title: Truthspeaker

Author: fUnKyToEs

Chapter: In the beginning, there was an orange blob or Chapter one (unnamed)

Words: 7,137 words

Disclaimer: I do not own anything that you recognize or is part of the show or manga.

This is my first Naruto fanfiction so please enjoy!
I picked up the stone and flipped onto the lake. It didn’t skip but clonked down in the water with a depressing plop. I sighed and sat down on the sand, removing my socks and shoes and placing them next to me. I wiggled my toes in the sand and looked up at the rolling waves. They were a dark gray, almost a bluish purple, but so dark it was hard to say. My breaths began to rhyme with the waves… in… out… in… out…. And I drifted into a restless sleep.

“Hey, I think she’s awake!”

I jerked into conscience with a sudden and sickening wrench. I blinked up at two bright blue eyes that hovered over me. They blinked back and then backed away to reveal a bright and horrendously terrible bright light that I assumed was the sun. I couldn’t see anything anymore, but I heard familiar voices. They were talking together quietly and I couldn’t hear what they were saying, just a few words here and there.

“Who is she?”

“—I don’t know, I bet we should tell sensei—“

“—I wonder—“

“—shut up Naruto! That’s disgusting! Sasuke, tell Naruto that we have to bring her to Kakashi-sensei!”

“Hn.”

Those names… they were extremely familiar. I feel like I have heard them before. Things were starting to come back to me, but I ignored them and closed my eyes, trying to continue to breathe with the waves, recalling the claming sensation of it.

I couldn’t hear the waves anymore. I couldn’t feel the sand under me. I couldn’t feel the vibration of the waves beating the shore. I wasn’t on the beach. I sat up abruptly with a sharp cry as I looked around me, desperately and frantically. I was in a wood, not the beach. I was in a place that I didn’t recognize a place that was not on the small island that I live on. I was somewhere else.

But that’s impossible, unless I was kidnapped or something—I looked at the three people a little ways away from me. They hadn’t seemed to notice that I was sitting up. I blinked, weren’t there three before? There were only two. Maybe one went to go tell the sensei that I was here like the girl wanted them to. The girl, who was still here, I realized, had pink hair. Pink. Pink. Anyway, she wore a red outfit and was perhaps a foot or less short than me. The boy next to her was a fraction shorter than her, but was sturdier of build. He had messy bright blond hair, I mean, like, yellow blond. He was also wearing a Florissant orange one-piece that was very, very blinding.

Wait a second…

I nearly fell over from the weight of the thoughts coming back to me. I didn’t think it was possible, for me to arrive in the Naruto world. But those people couldn’t be characters from Naruto! They looked like normal people, not anime or manga characters! And yet, they look uncannily like what Sakura and Naruto would look like if they were real life people… I was staring at them with a sort of obsessive fascination because I was comparing them to their anime cartoon selves. They had more bruises and cuts than in the anime, just naturally, not like wounds. Their cloths were rumpled, and their skin was scratched and they looked as if they might have been spending the past few days mainly outdoors.

The girl seemed to have sensed that I was staring at her because she turned around and peeked at me. She smiled and shot up from her sitting position and walked over to me. Naruto looked confused at the empty spot where she was sitting, and then followed her moving body to look at me. A grin flashed his face and he jumped, literally jumped, up from his seat and ran towards me.

Sakura bowed, “My name is Sakura—“

Naruto beat her to me. “Hi!” He nearly shouted in my ear, “My name is Naruto and I’m going to be the next Hokage!”

I stared at him with wide eyes, by brain reeling in pain from the sudden burst of loud noise. Sakura’s turned a bright red and she punched Naruto upside down the head. He fell over, but he didn’t go as far as he does in the manga or anime. He seemed to fall over realistically, like how someone would if they were actually forcefully punched on the head. I’m sure that will change when Sakura gains her superhuman straight from Tsunade, though.

“Naruto you idiot!” she shrieked, “She just woke up and the first thing you say is ‘I’m going to be the next Hokage’? Nobody cares about you anyway!” she turned to me and I flinched in fear and horror at the speed of which she switched emotion. She put on a pretty smile and said, “Hi, I’m Sakura Haruno, and this jackass is Naruto Uzumaki. You don’t need to know about him though,” She said, kneeling beside me, “What’s your name, and how did you get into this forest? I though only ninja had access to this particular training arena?”

I stared at her, “Training arena?” I asked, confused, “Ninja? Where?”

She stared at me, and Naruto blinked, and seized the opportunity, “I’m a ninja, and one of the best there are, and one day I’ll become the greatest of all, the Lord Hokage—“ he grunted as Sakura landed him a strong kick in the abdomen. He fell over, hugging his stomach in pain and mumbled something about annoying girls.

“I apologize again for my team mate,” she said, “We are both Genin, the first rank of a shinobi, and we’re in training to become full fledge ninjas. I see you must not be from around here, or must be from far, far away to not recognize this,” She pointed at her head protect, tilting her head down to show it as it was on her head like a head band.

“And mine’s here!” Naruto said, pointing proudly to his, which was one his forehead. He somehow survived, and in quick time, the painful experience that Sakura caused him to endure. I prayed she would continue to do so to him, because he would be immobile before long.

Who were these people? I thought. Sure, they say that they’re ninja, called Sakura and Naruto, and they are uncannily similar to the ones from the show, but what if this is some trick? What if this is something that my friends or some creeps designed to give me a hard time? I must be on my guard; I can’t let my hopes up. “Show me,” I said, “Prove that you a ninjas.”

Naruto grinned, and seemed all to happy to oblige, but Sakura held up a hand, “No Naruto, I’ll do it, I don’t want you making an idiot of the name of shinobis.” She stood up, ignoring Naruto’s pouting face, and made hand signs so fast that I couldn’t see them properly. That part she got down pat, making hand signs. I had never seen someone do them so well.

I nearly yelled as two more Sakuras appeared next to her. They all crouched and then began running towards three trees. I stared, open mouthed, as they walked up the tree trunks as easily as walking on the ground. Once they reached the top, two of them poofed out and the one left jumped down from the tree and landed next to me and Naruto.

“And you say I’m a show off.” Naruto muttered.

“Wow.” I said, and my face heated up in excitement, “You really are a ninja… and that means that I’m really in—“ the possibilities were endless. “Hey,” I said, “Before, you said we were in a training arena place, so are we in the Leaf Village, judging by your head protectors?”

“Yes…” Sakura said, suddenly wary, “How did you know that?”

“Oh, well, I seemed to have forgotten, due to my fall, or at least, I think I fell, but now I remember more. I don’t remember how I got here; I just recognize that head protector. Did Sasuke go get Kakashi?”

They looked at me surprised. “How do you know Sasuke and sensei’s names?” Sakura asked, gaping at me.

“Ah—“ Shit! I have to be more careful! “You two were talking with Sasuke before right?” I said, breathing in relief as they nodded, “And I remember Sakura saying his name, and I remember Sakura saying how she wanted to get your sensei…”

“Oh,” Sakura said, “That’s right.” She looked behind her where she and Naruto were before I caught their attention, “I wonder why they’re not back yet… Kakashi-sensei wasn’t that far away… I don’t think. I hope Sasuke’s alright… of course he is!” She laughed, “He’s Sasuke after all!”

“I hope he gets eaten by a giant cat!” Naruto grumbles, just as Sasuke and Kakashi landed on the ground right behind Sakura and Naruto. I laughed at the face Sasuke made at Naruto because Naruto’s words, but then stopped short as my breath was taken away. He looked like an actual person, just like Sakura and Naruto do, but he was so much more handsome and hot than I could have ever imagined. I finally understood why Sakura and Ino were so obsessed with him, and why every girl on the show admitted that he was hot.

NO NO NO! I shrieked in my head, shaking it, don’t think that way! You hate the emo kid, remember?!

“Why are you shaking your head like that?” Naruto asked. I stopped and blushed slightly, not realizing that I was actually shaking my head in real life.

“Sot this is the girl that you found?”

It sounded like the Kakashi from the show, and even looked like him (excluding the face, of course, since he is wearing a mask), and he still had the whitish gray hair, but it was as outrageously styled as it was, but still in the wavish manor like it was in the manga and anime. He was hot, most certainly.

“Yes,” Sakura said, “This is—“ She stopped and looked at me, embarrassed, “I’m so sorry, I don’t know you name?”

“Oh,” I said, “No, that’s my fault. My name is…” I paused slightly, should I tell them my real name? “Grace,” I said, deciding against using my real name. Well, it’s my middle name, but not my first.

“Grace?” Kakashi asked, “My name is Kakashi Hatake, and this is my team, Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke.”

I tried not to look at the devastatingly gorgeous boy, not only because he is only twelve whereas I am fifteen but also because I have sworn, although I must admit I always liked him, to be annoyed with his ‘holier-than-thou’ and emo self. It is a cause I feel very passionate about. Someone needs to back Naruto up and hate him, too many people admire him and think he is gorgeous (he is) and all that shit but you know what? I won’t give in. Besides, as I said before, he is like, what, twelve? And I’m what, fifteen? That’s so wrong in so many different ways it’s not even funny.

It’s not.

“Ah,” I said, as they stared at me, “Yes, nice to meet you… Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto and emo—I mean Sasuke.” I said, stopping myself from saying what I was thinking. Mind you I normally don’t let myself get out of control like that. I’m a very respectable and polite person. It’s just annoying people like him that annoy me so badly I let my true, sarcastic, mean, and sadistically cruel self out.

Naruto laughed at my minor mistake, while Sasuke had a exasperated look on his face while he gave me a exasperated half-glare, half-glare meaning glaring but not putting his full effort into it. So that’s how it is? I’m not good enough to get his full on ‘you’re worthless compared to me glare’? The son of a biscuit…

“So, Grace, where are you from?”

“I have no idea.” I lied. Best lie then bring up topics that will cause these four to be emotionally scared. Not in a bad way, just cause them to consider things about their world and the worlds around them, like traveling between for a hinting example that will cause them to go insane with all the possibilities that I proved valid.

“You don’t remember?” Kakashi asked, squatting down to look me in the eye. I leaned back, taking in his… one eye. “You have no memory?”

I had two choices. I could lie, and say that I have no memory, or I could tell the truth, which is that I do I just don’t want to talk about it. Choice number one’s pros and cons, they wouldn’t bother me about it, but… they would have to do a lot of test and things to make sure I didn’t have some kind of illness or injury to make sure there isn’t a reason I don’t have any memories. Choice number two, they would bother me, but they might not out of respect towards my personal prefaces and I wouldn’t have to feign a mental illness.

“Grace?” Kakashi asked, “Are you alright?”

“Would you say only having one eye for most of the time is a handicap, or would you say that it helps you train harder and train your senses to be better?” I asked, forgetting everything I had most recently been thinking so hard and deeply on. I do that a lot.

He blinked his one eye at me. “What?” he asked surprised.

“Your head protector, it’s coving your eye, the one with the sharingan, but does it handicap you to not be able to se out of it all the time?” I immediately kicked myself mentally and almost covered my mouth. I can’t believe I let that slip!

His eyes turned hard. “How do you know about that?” he asked, harshly. I blinked at him, why did his manner change so quickly and abruptly? Suddenly, so quickly that I couldn’t see what was happened, his hand flashed out and I felt a pain on the back of my neck, and all became darkness.


When I woke up, all I saw were white walls. Four white walls, a white ceiling, and a white floor. There were no windows, but a door with bars. And there was a white bed that I was lying on, and white sheets, and a white pillow…

Wait a second…

Am I in jail?

I sat up, abruptly and looked around me hurriedly. How could I be in jail? I recalled my most recent memory of pain in my neck, and it all dawned on me. Kakashi must have knocked me out and turned me in… but why would he do that? Was it because of something I said or did? Was it because I had mentioned his sharingan… That must be the reason. Be must have become suspicious of the fact I didn’t want to discuss my homeland or village and knew things about him that a foreigner like me wouldn’t know. He must have thought of me as a threat…

I can understand that. I would be suspicious of myself as well. A girl appears out of nowhere, doesn’t talk about her origins, knows things about certain high-up ninja, and pretends to have lost her memory. It does sort of fit in with the spy/infiltrator criteria doesn’t it?

I got out of bed and walked to the door. I grabbed the bars and stood there, staring out into the bland hallway beyond… freedom…

“Hey you, you’re Grace, right?” my head snapped to the left where a very, very tall burly man walked up to me, with two, smaller, ninjas to his left and right. I realized, with a shock, that this was Ibiki, and I recognized the two ninjas as proctors at the Chunin exams. Did Kakashi think I was that much of a threat that he would send Ibiki and his cronies? Oh God I hope they don’t hurt me…

“Yes,” I said, “And you are you?”

“That is no concern of you.” He said as one of his men unlocked my door and handcuffed me, “We’ll need you to come with us.”

“Why?” I asked, “Are you going to question me?”

“Don’t ask questions. Keep your mouth shut for now.” He said, and he turned away, his large black trench coat swishing as he did so. One of the ninjas took my hand cuffs and dragged me after him, while the other followed behind. I can’t say dragged, as he didn’t use force, I followed obediently, but dragged is a more devastatingly cruel adjective that fit the moment.

We walked for sometime, but unfortunately, only within the dark, narrow hallways of someplace that was underground, and I can only assume that it was a secret hideout of the ANBU or something, because it seemed that way. Okay, it was probably only ANBU head quarters or something, but hey, it would make for a cool hideout. They walked me into a very dark, large room. I was disappointed, because I have seen this sort of setting in so many movies… and it was the same! And I thought real life was different than the Hollywood shows…

There was a light shining down with a luminous glow on a table. I was sat (yes, made to sit) on one chair and my hands were uncomfortably chained to the back of the chair, while Ibiki sat down in the chair opposite me. The two ninjas stood behind me, as if I could do anything with my hands behind my back and chained to the chair!

“So, is your name really Grace?”

“It’s my middle name.” I said, quietly. Something about this man scared me; I suppose that’s why he’s so good at his job.

“What is your first and last name?”

“I… I can’t say.” I said. “I’m not a spy or whatever, I don’t belong here, I was on the beach in my hometown—village place and I fell asleep, and when I woke up Kakashi’s team had found I and then Kakashi knocked me out and I woke up here. I swear, I don’t even know how I got into your world.”

“Are you suggesting that you came from a different world?”

Shit. “Yes and no. I think it’s the same world… just different. I can’t explain. It’s different, and yet it feels the same… I don’t know.” I said.

“How old are you?”

“Fifteen. I’ll be sixteen in May… when is that?”

“It is in a month.” He said.

“It’s January where I come from…” I mumbled. “I’m not ready to be sixteen… I don’t even have my permit.”

“So your birthday is in May?” He asked, ignoring me, writing down something on the paper on the desk. I just realized that he was writing down things in his book.

“Yes.” I said. “I have a question. Who is the Hokage of this village?”

“Lord Hokage, Lord Sarutobi, the third Hokage.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. I don’t know why I was relieved. I don’t know why I was relieved. I then suddenly realized that I had a power now. I knew what was going to happen, and therefore I could change it. I had two mixing emotions now, both fighting for dominance. One was that I could change things so that they went a different way, I could somehow (don’t know how I could ever) stop Orochomaru so that he does not curse Sasuke, and somehow keep Sasuke from leaving, and keep the third Hokage from dying… and make Gaara not so homicidal… and all sorts of things that happened and caused grief. And yet, all those things mattered, all of those things caused good things to happen as well. What if all those things that I like that happened don’t because I intervened? I decided I would not intervene. I mean, I would try to be nice to people, like Gaara, and try to slightly, ever so slightly, influence Sasuke not to be such a jerk and to not go with Orochomaru, but I won’t change anything. I won’t cause things to be different. I’ll let things be.

What happened will happen, and I can’t change it. I won’t let myself change it. “Where is Kakashi’s team right now?” I asked.

“I’m asking the questions.” He said, staring at me coldly.

I gulped. Well, I just wanted to know, I thought, grumbling mentally to myself. I nodded, and he continued, “So, you sent you to spy on this village?” He asked.

“Didn’t you hear me? I wasn’t sent to spy on you, I wasn’t even sent, and I just appeared here by chance…not even. I don’t even know how I got here… can I talk with the Hokage instead? I’m sure he’d understand more than—“

“How stupid do you think we are?” He snapped, “Do you think we’d let a threat like you near our Hokage?”

“I’m not a threat,” I snapped back, not thinking, “I don’t even have chakra, I’m not a ninja, I’m hand cuffed, I don’t know any hand signs, I don’t know any jutsus (how to do them), and I have no clue how I would magically obtain all of those to attack a man who could probably kill me before I registered that he was standing before me.” I said, and then took a deep breath, “Sorry, I’m just not in a good mood right now.”

He smiled wryly, “So aren’t the rest of us. Anyway, we can’t let you out of prison until we verify that you are not a risk to this village. We don’t know how long that will be. For the next few days we will be having sessions like this and then there will be a court session, and if they,” he put on a nasty sour look, “Deem you innocent, then you are free to go.”

“Who are they?” I asked, suddenly worried.

“Lord Hokage and the Elders of the village,” he said the sour look returning. Something told me he wasn’t fond of them… Wait a minute, aren’t they, or at least two of them, the team mates of the Hokage when he was in training to be a ninja? Aren’t they like, really scary? Like… even Tsunade backed down from the woman? Man, I am so screwed!

“Where is Kakashi’s team?” I asked again.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Because,” I said, simply, “I want to know.”

He smirked again, “They are on a mission, to the land of the waves.”

“On the one with that guy building the bridge, right?” I asked, “Man, they have their work cut out for them, I think that mission is D ranked, right? It turns into an A rank because they bump into that missing-nin Zabuza and Kakashi has to beat him…” SHIT SHIT SHIT! I shrieked at myself. I am such a total idiot! I can’t believe I just said that! And here I thought I was starting to convince Ibiki that I was innocent! How is he going to believe me now? The two ninjas (I almost forgot about them) shifted, and I could tell that they were more than surprised.

“How would you know their mission and what is this about Zabusa?” He asked sharply, his fist clenching and his brow furrowing. I am in really deep shit…. I whimpered slightly and murmured something under my breath.

“What was that?” He asked piercingly.

“I don’t know… I just know things!” I blurted. “I mean, that was how I knew their names, Kakashi’s team, I mean, and how Kakashi had the sharingan and that’s how I knew that the Hokage was the third and that was how I knew about their mission and that your name is Ibiki and your head of investigation and you are in charge of the first exam for the Chunin exams for the time that Kakashi’s team takes it and that’s how I know that that is when—“ I stopped myself. I didn’t want to go too far. Just do the obvious things, not things they don’t know about. I was about to mention how Orochomaru will attack, but realized that is a BIG NONONONONONONONONO to infinity.

He stared at me. Then he nodded to one of my guards (I’m dubbed them that), “Go and fetch the Hokage, he should know whether she is a spy or not. However, all this information you know… I need to know what else is happening. So you know things that most ninja don’t know… can you see the future or something?”

“Not really.” I said, “I mean, I know what’s going to happen to people, especially Kakashi’s team,” I paused, thinking. You might be wondering why I am saying all of this, but the truth is that I decided its best not to lie. However, I hope that Ibiki and the Hokage will keep this to themselves. “It’s more that I know what will happen because where I came from, it has already happened. I can’t say anymore than that.” I said, “You must understand, I know things that will change what should happen, if I say anything… I can’t even think what will happen.”

“Will it save this village? Save lives if you do?” he asked.

I looked down, “Yes, I know things that will save many lives.”

“Then you must tell me.” He said. “I cannot let you not tell me, because I am a ninja of this village, and I have a duty to protect it.”

“Fate has already chosen the path,” I said, mentally kicking myself for sounding like Neji. Damn, that always happens when I’m acting mellow dramatic! I hate it… “I can’t say anything… please understand!”

This was getting exasperating! I couldn’t go on any longer. I suddenly realized how important it was to keep this a secret, to not tell anyone. “Please don’t tell anyone,” I said, pleadingly, I looked over my shoulder to the one ninja that was still there, “Please…”

“What is the matter, Ibiki?”

I shivered when I heard the old, but kind, voice of the Third Hokage. I looked over my shoulder and was, to my surprised, so relieved to see the kind old face of the Third Hokage I nearly collapsed. Have you ever felt that way? So relieved that you feel like you can’t stand it? Like it is too much to carry? Like all your burdens suddenly are lifted and you don’t know what to do?

“This girl was found by Kakashi’s team out in one of the training woods, Kakashi brought her in as a possible threat. She claims to know what’s going to happen in the future, but refuses to say anything. She does know some confidential information; like that I’m the head proctor for the first exam at the Chunin exams… and that Kakashi’s team will run into trouble in the Waves… we’ll have to see about that when they return. If she’s correct, than we might know she’s telling the truth. Can you, by any chance, tell if she is? If she is, she could be very useful in the future.”

The ninja that had gone to fetch the Hokage produced a chair out of the darkness and set it down next to me. The Hokage sat down in it. “What is your name?” he asked me, and I noticed that it was softer than Ibiki’s when he had asked questions.

“Grace.” I said.

“Where did you come from?” he asked.

“I have notes of the questions and answers she said here,” Ibiki said, passing the paper to the Hokage.

“Thank you,” The Hokage said, and scanned the paper. “So you say that you come from another world?” he asked, looking up.

“Yes.” I said, “I sort of come from another world.”

“Sort of?”

“I can’t explain.” I said. “It’s really hard to explain.”

“I understand.” The Hokage said. “Now, you say that you know the future—“

“I know what will happen, but only if things stay the way they do, and they don’t change because I say they will happen,” I glanced at Ibiki, “It’s like I know one path that will occur, and if I say what that path is, people will try to change it, and then I won’t know what will happen because we will be sent down a different path.”

“I see, and that is why you are reluctant to tell what the future holds, am I correct?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“Do you mind if I test you?” he asked.

“I don’t…” I said, cautiously. “How will you test me?”

“I myself know somewhat what the future holds. Let me ask you this, who will be the one to kill me?” he asked.

Is this a trick question? I thought. I looked between him and Ibiki. I took a deep breath. Should I tell them the truth? I want them to believe me, I just don’t want them to question me more… “Orochomaru,” I said, finally, deciding to tell the truth and turning to the Hokage.

“She does not know the future,” the Hokage said finally. Ibiki sighed in disappointment (not because Orochomaru kills the Hokage, but because now I can’t be an asset for the village.

I was outraged. Yes, Orochomaru is the one to kill him! I looked into the Hokage’s eyes and realized that he had lied. His eyes showed sadness, a understanding. I knew then, that he knew I was telling the truth. He must have seen it as well, and I confirming it must be a double blow, for his own favorite student to be confirmed as his future killer… I smiled slightly up at him as he stood up, more than thankful hat he had lied. I realized that if he had said that I was telling the truth, my life would be horrendously horrifying. He just saved me, by denying that I was telling the truth.

“And if her predictions of Kakashi’s mission comes true?” Ibiki asked.

“I’m sure that she just had some sort of connection with Zabuza, right?” he turned to me.

I shook my head, “You do trust me about me coming from another world, right?” I asked. The Hokage nodded, and it was only after the Hokage nodded that Ibiki reluctantly nodded, “Well, when I came over, I slightly remember seeing a vision of Kakashi’s team fighting Zabuza, and the name must have appeared in my head. I guess that’s also how I knew their names and that Kakashi had the Sharingan, because he was fighting with it… maybe that all went to my head, and that’s why I thought I knew the future…” I broke off… pretending to be in a daze, but inside I was applauding myself at my superb acting skills.

“That’s sounds like it was the way it happened,” The Hokage said. “Ibiki, I would like you to release this girl.”

“But Lord Hokage!” Ibiki said, standing up quickly, “You can’t just!”

“She’s innocent.” The Hokage said, simply, “She will come with me, we’ll see about certifying her as a civilian of this village—if you wish,” he said, nodding in my direction. The ninjas unlocked my hand cuffs and I rubbed my wrists. I nodded back at the Hokage. “Excellent,” he said, and he held out his hand. I took it, and walked out of the room with him, clasping his hand tighter because of the warm gentleness that was radiating off of it. I glanced back at the two guards and Ibiki.

“Bye!” I said as the door closed, separating us.

The Hokage still held my hand, which I was more than thankful for. I don’t know why I was so clingy, maybe it’s the fact I’m in another world and was just put in jail and was just interrogated and am scared stiff because I am just a scaredy-cat. “Lord Hokage?” I asked. He looked down at me. “What is going to happen to me, now?”

“I’m not sure,” He said, “But I’m sure that you can become a civilian if you wish. I’m afraid you can’t become a shinobi,” he said, and my eyes widened, because that was just what I was about to ask. “You must be born in the village, or at least be a very young child when you begin training. However,” He said, smiling, “You still can train, you just won’t be sent on missions and such. Well,” He said thoughtfully, “Perhaps on missions… just as a tag-a-long, not as a ninja. You can train,” He said, “You could even become the greatest of all, and one day, you might prove yourself good enough to become a ninja.”

I smiled up at his, and then looked down onto the ground. I should have known that it wouldn’t be easy. Besides, I’d have to train and learn everything, and that isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world.

“Lord Hokage,” I said, “Do you believe me?”

“Yes.” He said, a sad look returning to his face, “Yes, I do. But I think it would be better for you if people didn’t know that you were right. However,” he said, looking stern, “I don’t want you to refrain from giving, at least to me, information that could save this village.”

I thought about it… for a spit second. It’s amazing how much you can think before a minutes over. I mean, readers, it probably takes you less than five seconds to read this and yet it is so much that was written! “Of course,” I said, “If I believe that it will happen soon enough, and then I will tell you.” I said. When I am at the Chunin exams, I will tell the Hokage that Orochomaru is actually dressed as the Kazekage. That way perhaps the Hokage won’t die… Suddenly, I realized why the people of the village were so heartbroken when he died, he is so kind and he barely knows me and I already feel like he would do anything to make me safe. He truly is a Hokage.

***

I picked up the paper and stared at it. They didn’t seriously expect me to fill this out? I can’t even understand what is said! It’s more confusing than doctor fill out paper things, and all I have to do there is sign my name…

“Ah, Lord Hokage?” I asked, looking up, but the old man had gone. Sheesh, I thought, looking around the busy room, what am I supposed to do know? There were many ninjas in this room, and there was a desk with three ninjas at it. I assumed that this is the ninja head quarters place of a thingy a bobber. Ok, ignore that string of useless words. I wonder if there’s anyone who can help me… I smiled when I recognized someone. Of course! Iruka would help me, right?

I got up and tiptoed around the gabbling ninjas to the desk. “Um, excuse me?” I said, in a small voice. Iruka looked up, surprised. “Yes?” He said, “I’m afraid that we can’t accept anymore missions for today, it’s already five o’clock and most of the ninjas are done for the day.”

“Ah, no,” I said, “No, I’m not here for that… I need help with this,” I said, putting down the paper on the desk. “I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do with it and the Hokage disappeared on me…”

“HEY YOU!”

I spun around, wincing at the words. I shrieked as a bright orange flash collided into me. We both rammed into the back wall, creating a dent from the force the orange blob attacked me with.

“NARUTO!” Iruka screamed, getting up. Three more people came and pried the aggressive orange punching machine off of me. My breathing was starting to return to me. “Someone get her!” Naruto yelled, “She’s a spy!”

“Naruto what are you talking about?” Iruka asked him once Kakashi and he had secured Naruto. They tied me up. Sakura helped me up, apologizing over and over for her team mate’s behavior.

“We found her in the woods and Kakashi brought her in because she was a spy!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Not true.” Kakashi said, “I thought she might be a spy so I turned her in. Obviously if she is in here, not locked up, she is innocent.”

“Ah,” Naruto said, looking thoughtful, “But I thought—“

“She is innocent.”

All of our heads whipped to the entrance where the Hokage entered. I breathed in relief, not only can he explain to the orange killing machine that I’m innocent but afterwards he can help me with my paper! “She was in an interrogation with Ibiki Morino. I was asked to go, and when I arrived I participated in the interrogation and deemed her innocent. She is,” he looked at me, “Should be filling out a citizenship.”

“Wait a second,” one ninja in the room said, “When did she have her interrogation?”

“Half an hour ago,” the Hokage said.

Was it really only half an hour? I thought, it seems like it was hours ago!

“Half an hour ago!” Kakashi exclaimed, “Did he go soft on her or something?”

“No,” the Hokage said, “Not really, it turned into a discussion rather than an interrogation.”

I smirked. Did they think I was some tough guy who could still stand after an interrogation with Ibiki? Man, were they fooled! I would probably be dead by now if it weren’t for the Hokage!

“Right,” I said, walking over to the Hokage, “About the citizenship thing…” I stood on my tiptoes, whispering in his ear, “Can you help me with it?”

He smiled, “Of course I can.” He said. He took me by my arm and led me away. I smiled at Sakura as I left, but didn’t look at Sasuke, Naruto or Kakashi. I didn’t like them, I realized with a sudden jerk. Sasuke, that’s easy to understand, he is a jerk. Naruto, well, he attacked me so he’ll have to make it up before I like him and Kakashi… Kakashi turned me in to the police. I can’t forgive someone like that. I mean, I’m sure thousands of people have heard of his sharingan! What made me so threatening that he had to knock me out and turn me in to the satist (Ibiki)?

We reached his office and the Hokage sat down behind a very large desk. “Now he said, where the paper?”

“Ah, shit,” I said, cursing under my breath, “I left it back there, I’ll be right back,” I promised as I whipped out the door and sprinted down the hallway. Ok, I think it’s this way, I thought, taking a right. Nope, this goes outside. Ok, so it’s this way. I turned around and went straight. Yup, I reached that large room and ran up to Iruka’s desk, “Hello, Iruka, is my paper here?” He looked up surprised.

“Oh, hello again, yes it’s right here.” He handed me the paper and I thanked him, and then turned around to go back when I hit something hard. I let out a small yell as I fell backward, but was caught before I could fall onto the ground. I looked up to thank whoever I bumped into and saved me, when I stopped short, my breath leaving me as I looked, horrified, at the person who had caught me.

Let’s just say he was beautiful. Not handsome or hot, but beautiful. The way that Orlando Bloom is beautiful. If he had been a girl, he would be the most beautiful woman in the world. But he’s a guy so we don’t have to talk about it.

Have you guessed who it is?

That’s right, the one and only Neji Hyuuga.

“Are you alright?” He asked, and I was once again, more surprised, actually, than the first time I watched the Naruto series, of how manly his voice is. You keep expecting a high loftily womanly voice to come out.

“Ah, yes,” I said, unsure of what to do. He still hadn’t let go. “Um, thanks.” I said, stepping away from him. He finally let go and then walked up to the desk. If this were an anime, I would have sweat dropped. That was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced! He caught me, didn’t let me go, asked me if I were ok, then let go of me quickly as if he didn’t care and then moved on, ignoring me. Is this how he usually acts? No wonder no one likes him! I thought, turning on my heel as I went back to returning to Hokage’s office. And I don’t like him either, I decided with a defiant nod.

I punched the air, Rock Lee you better kick his ass!


“Do you have the paper?” The Hokage asked when the door clicked behind me. I nodded and sat down in a chair opposite him. “Can I see it?” he asked with a smile on his face. I flushed slightly and passed it to him. He took it and then began to ask me questions and when I answered he would write things and fill things out of the paper. Finally, he gave the paper back and gave me the pen, “Here, sign.”

I took the paper and the pen and began writing: Le—I quickly scribbled it out and rewrote: Grace. “Is it ok if I don’t put down my last name?” I asked. He looked thoughtfully. “I mean,” I continued, “I’m sure there are lots of people who don’t really have last names.” I was more than hopeful.

“I’m afraid you must put a last name.” he said.

I sighed and began to write down my last name. “But,” he said, and I paused, “No one knows your real last name, so why don’t you put down a fake one?”

“Is that legal?”

“It’s not if everyone thinks it is, and the only person that will know it is not your real last name is myself and people from your home land, and I’m sure,” he looked at me, “That they most likely will not be coming anytime soon.” I nodded. “What about Witherspoon?” I said, picking a random name off the top of my head.

“That sounds like a good name.” he said.

Grace Witherspoon.

That is my new name, for a new world, for a new life.
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading!!! Please review if you want to make any comments. I’m sorry this one is so short and so boring… I just had to introduce everything. If it is confusing, please review and tell me so I can change anything or make a note for myself so I can change it. If you think I am violating the true story or characters, please tell me. I want to make this story as realistic as I can. PLEASE REVIEW!!! I would love it if you could!
- fUnKyToEs