TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Japanese Lessons for Writers by Yumi

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: It bugs me when people says "ninjas" because it's wrong! Gah!! >
Two: Tense and Plurality

BTW: I updated the last lesson, but will still have to because I'm cutting these lessons close to when I have to leave the house!!



This lesson is short, because the rule is simple:



There is no future tense or plural forms in Japanese.



*shocker!!!!!*


Past tense is always indicated by the verb (which is at the END of the sentece), but if it isn't past tense, it's present tense. If something will happen in the future, you MUST indicate that with something else within the context of the sentence.

Example: Ashita gakko ni ikimasu. Tomorrow I will go to school.

"Ikimasu" is technically in the present tense, but because I added "tomorrow" (ashita), it becomes the future tense.

Confusing, but it's okay! You only need to worry about past and present tenses now! XD


Now for the plurality. In Japanese there is no differentiation between one dog and 500,000,000 dogs unless you says so. Thus "inu" is simply what you're talking about. You'll have to specify as with the future tense.

Be careful with this as well. There are different counters that go along with various objects. For people, you would add "nin" to the end (with variations. One and Two people have different words entirely).

Counters are important!! Make sure you know what you're doing before you add one!!!

Oh, so when you say stuff in English, don't add an 'S' to the end to make it plural. It doesn't work. It is simply the word itself, singular or plural.

Thanks!


- Yumi